My very own

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Postby The X on Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:00 pm

just curious Matthew, but what camera angle do you play? default sideline? looking for best mix of gameplay & graphics from camera angle....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Matthew on Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:14 pm

The wait is over. this game will get full coverage like a playoff game, som enjoy a big update...

Lakers @ Miami

Like there was any need for added motivation, prior to tip off the power rankings were released and the Lakers were at number 4. The Heat were at number 3. Go figure

1st Quarter
Shaq won the tip and on the first possesion, shaq went up for a power dunk but was fouled by Kobe. He missed both ft's and Smush would hit a 3 to open the games scoring. Lamar odom would score the next two baskets and the lakers were up 7-2 when Kobe was called for his 2nd personal and would have to goto the bench. Lamar would continue to carry the lakers and Kwame was playing suprisingly well against shaq, and drew the second foul on the diseal late in the first. The Lakers were up 29-16 when Wade and Williams helped the heat surge back with an 8-0 run to finish the quarter only down by 5, 29-24. At quarter time, Odom had 12 points, Kwame had 4 points and 2 rebounds, Smush had 6 and Kobe had 0. For Miami Wade had 8 and shaq had 2, and Williams had 4 points and 5 assists.

2nd Quarter

I put Kobe in at quarter break but Shandon Anderson scored a midrange jumper to make it a 1 point game. Kobe came back down and drilled a 3 to give me some breathing room, and continued to lead the way in the second quarter to give us a 39-30 lead at one point. Shaq was mainly a non factor in the first half, but Udonis Haslem gave the heat the lift they needed as they clawed back to 53-50 at halftime. Kobe and Lamar had 12 each and smush had 8. Wade had 14 points, Haslem had 10 and Shaq had 4. At the half the lakers had 9 blocks

Odom with an impressive board against shaq

3rd quarter

In the third, Lamar was anxious to get off imediately as he didn't score at all in the 2nd, and started the quarter off with a dunk. The heat however were not phased and would tie the game at 69 all, and walker hit a jumper to give them a 75-73 lead. The lakers would close out the quarter strong though and retake the lead at the end of 3, up 79-77. Odom had 24 points and kobe had 22, for miami wade had 18 and shaq only had 10.

4th Quarter

The Lakers held a 85-84 lead when Walker would spark an 11-1 run to give the Heat a 95-86 lead with 3:89 to go. Smush then hit a 3 to trim that lead to 6. The score was then 97-90 when kobe calmly hit another 3 to bring it back to a 4 point game, and smush on the next possesion would hit another 3 to cut it to one. Kobe then hit a tough jumper over wade in the lane to give the lakers the lead, 100-99. The Heat would regain the lead, up 103-102 when Kobe hit a tough layup and drew the foul on wade, but he would miss the ft. The lakers were still up by 4 when odom stole the ball, and would cap the play off with a dunk to give the lakers a 106-103 lead with 18 seconds to go. Williams forced a quick 3 that was contested, and Kwame snatched the rebound but was immediately fouled. He missed the first, and then sunk the second. Walker then missed a jumpshot with 2 seconds left and the lakers escaped miami with a 107-103 win.

Player of the Game

Kobe Bryant
34 points (15-27 fg's)
8 assists
2 rebounds
3 steals
1 block

Other Laker standouts
Lamar 26 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal and 3 blocks (what a return for the forgotten man in this rivalry)
Smush 14 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists 1 block
Kwame 14 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals,1 block

Heat notables
Wade 22 points, 3 assists, 2 steals
Shaq 10 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal and 1 block
Walker 14 points 8 rebounds 2 assists 2 steals
Williams 12 points 10 assists and 2 steals
Zo 6 points and 9 rebounds
Posey 11 points

Kobe about to block williams on the break
Smush from the corner, perfect form.
Kobe on Zo
Kobes clutch layup
Wade on the break away
Wade on the rim after a dunk
Shaq with a powerfull dunk

And the one we've all been waiting for:
Kobe on Shaq!
Last edited by Matthew on Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:19 pm

Nicely covered, glad to hear it was the kind of game you were hoping for and better yet, ended in a victory; sounds like you did a good job containing Shaq! Nice screens as always. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:33 pm

Lakers @ Wizards

This game was the 15th in 26 days, and it showed. I went back to starting lineup of Mihm, Brown, Odom, Kobe and smush. Kobe was held scoreless for the first quarter and picked up 2 cheap fouls. Lamar carried the load in the first quarter but Jarvis Hayes dropped 13 as the Wiz led 30-24. In the second quarter the Lakers stepped into high gear defensively and held the wizards to just 16 points. Kobe had 16 in the quarter and the lakers led 49-46

The third quarter was very tight, but Lamar continued to exploit his matchup with ex teamate Butler and the Lakers led 74-70. The fourth saw the lakers find their offensive dominance as they put up 38 points to win convincingly, 112- 98.

Player of the Game
Lamar Odom
31 points (13-15 shooting)
2 rebounds
6 assists

Kobe had 26 points, 1 rebound, 4 assists
Kwame 10 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks (Nice outing against his old team)
Mihm 10 points 6 rebounds
Smush 8 points 6 assists 1 steal 1 block
Devean George 9 points 2 rebounds 4 assists

Kobe splits the double team and finds Odom

Jarvis Hayes had 24 points. Jamison had 22. But Butler had 19 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists. Nice effort for the ex laker.

The Lakers are now 22-6, and during their most compact part of their schedule were 12-3. Not bad.. not bad at all. Next up is Memphis
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:35 pm

Q&A with Lakers coach Matthew Damian

What were your expectations when you took the Lakers job, and what are your thoughts on beating out Phil Jackson for the position?

Phil Jackson was great in accepting a role as assistant coach. My expectations were varied; I knew what I was getting with kobe, but I had no idea about Smush, Kwame or even Lamar. As it would turn out, Kobe has been the one who has suprised me the most. He has played at the absolute highest level I've ever seen anyone play 30 games into a season.

At this point, are you thinking success now or later? Can you go all the way this year?

When I first accepted the challenge I knew we had all the talent to make a run, but I didnt expect to be 22-6 and have the best record in the league. The thing is, the team is still finding it's identity. That could be a very dangerous prospect in the playoffs as once you are tested by a really good team, you need that self belief to get over that hump. It's going to be a wild ride.

How much importance do you place upon rivalries with teams like the Timberwolves and Heat? Do you prefer to avoid the hoopla or is it good for the team?

Personally, I respect the game so much that I love it. The Heat rivalry is forced on us becuase of Shaq and Lamar being so important, but the season series against Minnesota was simply unbelievable. The way Kobe brought us back in the final game was what all fans of the game should remember, and I know I won't forget it. Truely a great series. And don't forget Dallas, thats shaping up to be a great one too.

You mention Dallas, are there any teams you're concerned about right now?

There are so many. Pheonix is right there, Denver has beaten us twice, Dallas as well. San Antonio is a great ballclub. Memphis is playing well. I wouldn't say concerned though, but we are humble enough to know we can lose to certain teams.

Describe the signifigance of the contributions the new acquisitions have been making.

Hakim Warrick was added at a time when we needed depth and versatility at the forward position. He was also added as a possible replacement for Devean Georeg. Don't get me wrong, I love the way Devean plays, but his contract expires at the end of the season and should he elect to play elsewhere, we have Warrick who can step into his role immediately.

Tyronne Lue's impact has been great. He has hit some big shots but I love the way he contributes not in the stat sheet: Making extra passes, fighting through screens on defense. Little things like that. But overall our new players have been eased into the team, but when called upon they have been more then ready.

Getting back to your team's success, has the bar been raised, perhaps as high as playing in June?

I believe so. L.A. is a basketball town, and hungry for success. The level this team is on, I believe the players expect a long playoff run, and I also think they way we won in Dallas and Miami, against division leaders in their building, I think we can definately raise our expectations. But lets be honest with ourselves, just making the playoffs will be a great achievement with this young team.

Whatever we do beyond that will be icing on the cake.

Finally, does anything that Kobe does surprise you anymore?

No.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Srbija on Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:28 pm

Nice work here Matthew. Great coverage as always especially against the Heat. :D

Good stuff with the Q&A, it was a nice read. (Y)
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Matthew on Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:11 pm

Thanks for the interview Andrew.

Some brief NBA news: KG injured for 34 days, Chris Paul out for 19 days

Grizzlies @ Lakers

Kobe came out in the first quarter keen to regain his scoring touch, and dropped 14 in the first quarter. Eddie Jones picked up some early fouled but Mike Miller came in and scored 8 in the first quarter, but the Lakers jumped out to a 32-24 lead after one. The lakers good play continued in the second quarter, with Odom stepped up and had 11 in the quarter and 17 in the first half. Hakim Warrick also had 11 in the first quarter against his old ball club and Chris Mihm did a good job crashing the offensive boards, with 11 points as well. Gasol had 12 at half time and mike miller had 11. The lakers led 66-53

2nd Half

The second half saw a much more aggresive Memphis team show up, and they went toe to toe with the lakers, but needed that one run to get right back into the game. It didnt come in the third and trailed 93- 71. In the fourth the Grizz got that run they were looking for, cutting the lead to 6 before Odom and Kobe restored order. The Lakers won again in the final game of 2005, 125-114.

Player of the Game

Lamar Odom
29 points (13-15 shooting)
5 rebounds
2 assists
2 steals

Kobe had 26 points, 7 rebounds 4 assists and 2 steals (4th straight game kobe hasnt reached his ppg avg)
Smush had 12 points 3 rebounds 12 assists 3 steals and one block
Chris mihm had 19 points and 7 rebounds (4 on the offensive end)
Kwame had 11 points, 2 rebound and 3 assists (kwame has really had an impact since returning)
Warrick had 11 points (all in the 2nd quarter) and 4 assists
Luke walton also had 9 points

Kobe with a floater in the lane.
Smush blocks Gasol

Pau Gasol led the Grizzlies with 22 points and 5 rebounds. The lakers are now 23-6 on the season, and moved upto #2 on the power rankings. I'll post the playoff picture for both conferences next time.
Matthew

Postby Srbija on Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:21 pm

:shock: KG & Chris Paul injured.

Is it just me, or are your pictures bigger now ?
Good win, Lamar Odom is on fire. :P
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:53 pm

Odom's really playing well these days, I'm noticing a lot more balance in the scoring and it seems to work. It is by design or are teams just throwing more at Kobe these days?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:03 pm

Odom's really playing well these days, I'm noticing a lot more balance in the scoring and it seems to work. It is by design or are teams just throwing more at Kobe these days?

I wanted to involeve everyone, I don't really enjoy dropping 60 points consistantly on teams, but winning is more important than getting realistic stats, so if kobe is on fire i keep going to the hot hand. But teams are doubling him alot more, but the play of Odom and Smush along with bench players like Walton and George are allowing me to goto the other guys and not everything is reliant on kobe.

Is it just me, or are your pictures bigger now ?
Good win, Lamar Odom is on fire.

The pictures are bigger, my phone lizes to resize them so i cant tell you why.

Western Conference Playoff Picture

Eastern Conference Playoff Picture

Matthew

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:58 pm

Some interesting Standings there. It seems no matter which game you play, the CPU controlled teams don't always do as well as they should or fare much better than their real life counterparts.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jugs on Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:00 pm

Lakers and Celtics on top of their Conferences? Bird vs. Magic all over again? Truth vs. Kobe :proud: .

Knicks and Hawks are surprise. But I suppose their is 50-55 games left in the season.
Jugs

Postby Mark. on Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:06 pm

Yeah Lakers and Celtics is supprising, Kobe is being a beast for you, but seems a bit quiet of late, Im looking forward to seeing how the other teams records pan out during the remainder of the season, I expect to see Detroit pick it up...
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Matthew on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:08 pm

Yeah Lakers and Celtics is supprising, Kobe is being a beast for you, but seems a bit quiet of late, Im looking forward to seeing how the other teams records pan out during the remainder of the season, I expect to see Detroit pick it up...

I think 2k6 has fatigue over a season, either that or the cpu knows how i want to use kobe and are using an appropiate defense for him. Either way its not a concern as its more fun having to find scoring from the role players rather than relying on one or two guys. And Detroit has been picking it up alot, winning 7 of their last 10.
Lakers and Celtics on top of their Conferences? Bird vs. Magic all over again? Truth vs. Kobe

Haha that would be cool. I can't wait to play them in the regular season, i might even give it lakers/heat type coverage if they are still top of the east.
Knicks and Hawks are surprise. But I suppose their is 50-55 games left in the season.

Definately agreed, but the nets are only 2.5 gb, and the wizards (even without arenas for a while now) 2 gb. I expect (hope) they make it, while in the west every team is good thats currently in the playoffs.
Some interesting Standings there. It seems no matter which game you play, the CPU controlled teams don't always do as well as they should or fare much better than their real life counterparts.

That's true, but when you think about it, they havent been too far fetched. I can think back to alot more suprises in the nba regular seasons recently and how unpredictable they have been, and the way live and nba 2k's ratings work, they arent too unrealistic.

NBA Trade Proposal
Sacramento offer Jamal Sampson (PF, 3.4 ppg and 5.3 rpg)

For

Donta Smith (sg, he was a throw in in the lue deal)

I accepted just to add to the depth of forwards, and to give Smith an opportunity in sacramento.

Jazz @ Lakers

Kobe started this game scoring the first 5 points, and 7 overal for the lakers as LA went up 7-2. Utah simply couldnt find its rythm offensively and only scored 16 points in the first quarter. Kobe dropped 14, alone, as the lakers led 26-16 after one. In the second a familar trend continued with Warrick scoring double digits in the second quarter as the lakers closed the half on a 17-6 run to lead 55-34. Kobe had 21 in the first half, and Kirelinko had 10. The lakers continued to dominate defensively and kobe played well on the offensive end, and were able to rest most of the starters in the fourth as we cruised to a 115-98 win, and extract some revenge for a loss to begin last month.

Player of the game
Kobe
32 points (none in the 4th)
6 rebounds
2 assists
4 steals

Kwame had 21 points and 3 rebounds and 1 block
Mihm had 12 points 2 rebounds 3 assists 4 blocks
Smush 10 points 2 rebounds 11 assists
Warrick 14 points 2 rebounds 1 assist 1 steal
Odom 10 points 9 rebounds 5 assists 2 steals

AK-47 had 27 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists and boozer had 23 points and 5 rebounds. This was the first game of a home and home with utah.

Kobe with the flush on Ostertag
Caffey with the nice little jumphook

Lakers@ Utah

As mentioned earlier, the Jazz won the last game here against the lakers in salt lake city, and they came out scoring the first 4 points. The lakers responded to retake the lead 7-6. Kwame had 8 first quarter points and 4 rebounds, and Warrick finished the quarter with a breakaway dunk with 0.5 left to give the lakers a 30-23 lead. Odom had 0 points in the first quarter. The lakers went back to their stella defense against the jazz, limiting them to 19 second quarter points but were only able to score 20 themselves, but had a 50-42 lead at halftime. Kobe had 13 first half points on 5-10 shooting, and Devin brown led the jazz with 10.

Second Half
To start the second half, the jazz scored the first 6 points to close within two, but odom hit two free throws that would start the lakers on a 9-2 run. Then the jazz would go on a 10 to nothing run to give themselves the lead, 60-59. The Jazz were up 62-61 when smush would get an amazing block in transition, which led to a kobe dunk. But Smush was injured on the block and forced to leave the game. The tone had been set though, and the lakers would finish the quarter on an 18-0 run (which was later made a 20-0 run to start the 4th) to lead 79- 62. The Jazz kept fighting though and brought the lead down to 4 before a 3pt play by Mihm, Lamar ft's and a kwame dunk sealed a 106-96 win.

Player of the Game

Kwame Brown!
22 points
8 rebounds
1 assist
1 block

Great performance by Kwame.

Kobe had 21 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals
Lamar had 16 points despite the slow start
Mihm 10 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks
Smush had 8 points 11 assists and one massive block
Caffey had 9 points and 2 rebound
and Lue had 7 points and 2 assists filling in for parker in the 4th

For utah, AK 47 had 19 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 3 blocks
Devin Brown had 12 points 2 rebounds 4 assists and 2 steals
Boozer had 14 points 5 rebounds 3 assists 6 steals and 1 block

Kwame with the dunk in traffic
Lue with the rainbow three over Okur
Smush's big block

The lakers move to 25-6 on the season.
Matthew

Postby J@3 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:07 pm

Has Sampson seen any court time yet?
J@3

Postby Matthew on Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:34 pm

Nah not yet. I've placed Brian Cook on the trading block to clear up a spot for sampson in rotation though, so it depends on what i get offered.

Sixers@ Lakers

Iverson vs Kobe is usually really fun, but this game was shocking. What was even worse was i forgot to log the quarter by quarter scores. I was up 43-29 when I moved the difficulty upto Hall of Fame (i was saving this until after the all star break), and I actually ended up blowing out the sixers worse. The sixers with Korver and Mashburn were just way to easy to blow by on the perimeter, and Dalemburt fouled out with 6 minutes left in the third. Despite the scoreline, it wasnt fun. I was leading 110-73 to start the fourth and went on to win 148-118. I wont bore anyone with anymore of the recount.

Player of the Game
Kobe
26 points 4 rebounds 3 assists 3 steals

Lamar had 24 points 9 rebounds 1 assist and 3 steals
Kwame had 27 points 4 rebounds and 1 assist
Mihm had 21 points 5 rebounds and 1 block
Smush had 7 points 2 rebounds and 22 assists!
Devean George had 13 points and 5 rebounds
And Jason Caffey had 10 points

Iverson had 31 points and 18 assists, along with 2 steals. But yeah, 148 points is way too much, and time for the hall of fame setting.

Mash with the jumper
Iverson at the ft line
Kobe on the break
Kwame over Webber

With that game behind me, I decided to play another, and I prayed I would get a challenge, and this game proved there is a god :proud:.

Lakers @ Clippers

In one of the weirdest things in sports, the Lakers played an away game in their own building. The Clippers jumped out to a 14-4 lead before I went on a 13-0 run to lead 17-14. The clippers then would respond and lead 23-19 before kwame would be fouled after making a layup. He missed, george got the rebound and tiped it in to tie the game. I was up 31-23 before Radamonovic hit back to back 3's to bring them within 2, and the clipps tied the game at 31 before George hit a 35 footer at the buzzer to give the lakers a 34-31 lead. Kwame had 8 points and 4 rebounds in the quarter, and Maggette had 11 for the clipps.

2nd quarter
In the second I started by extending the lead to 39-31 behind some great play by the bench. Devean george was playing great, but the clippers hung around and tied the game at 44, before leading 52-47 at one stage. I brought kobe back in and behind bryants aggresiveness, the lakers retook the lead 61-60. But just like that, the clippers behind radamonovic bounced back and lead 65-61. Kobe then fed Mihm for a 3 point play, but cassell would drill a 3 before the buzzer and the clipps led 68-64 at half time. Kobe had 17 at half, whilst radamonovic had 23.

Cassell's 3 before the end of half time over smush

3rd Quarter
In a game of runs and momentum turns, the Clippers carried saw their energy translate into a 81-71 lead during the 3rd period, but led by kobe and odom, the lakers brought it back to tie the game at 97 all. The Lakers would then steal the lead 99-97 at the end of 3 when considering how well the clippers started the quarter, they had no right to. Kobe had 25 points and 11 assists through 3 quarters.

4th Quarter
To begin the fourth, the lakers with Kobe and Odom on the bench extended the lead to 7, up 108-101. But the clippers would respond and tie the game at 112, before taking the lead 115-114. The game would see saw for the entire fourth quarter until Cuttino Mobley hit a 3 with a little over 10 seconds left. Timeout Lakers, and Smush recieved the inbounds pass and dribbled right into an open 3 which he hit to tie the game at 130 with 8.6 seconds left. The clippers had no timeouts left, and Cassell brought the ball up, he shot a floter that bricked but brand tipped in the game winner 132-130.

Player of the Game
Radmanovic
38 points (7-9 3pt)
3 rebounds
2 assists

Other Clipper standouts:
Maggette 22 points 2 rebounds 6 assists
Cassell 19 points and 15 assists and 3 steals
Mobley 17 points 9 assists and 3 steals
Brand 15 points (including the game winner) 5 rebounds and 2 blocks

Laker stats:
Kobe 32 points 2 rebounds 12 assists
Lamar 28 points 6 rebounds 4 assists
Kwame 23 points 7 rebounds 4 assists 1 steal 1 block (what a return for kwame since the injury)
George 15 points 2 rebounds 5 assists 1 steal
smush 8 points and 8 assists

Brand with the big dunk on the break
Jason Caffey posterizes a clipper

The Lakers, 1st in the division, lost to the clippers who are last in the division, and drop to 26-7 on the season. I'm aware the scoring is a little high but granted the clippers play like that in real life, it wasnt like it was 260 + combined points against the spurs. I'll see how it goes against over teams, and if it warrants some more slider adjustments. I kind of got carried away with the recap with the clippers, but after the game against the sixers i seriously felt bored for the first time playing this. The clipper game was awesome though, and i hope i get some more games like this in the future.
Matthew

Postby J@3 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:54 pm

The first game on hall of fame difficulty sounds great (Y) Even if you lose a few more games now, you'll still get alot of satisfaction because they'll all be fun to play in.
J@3

Postby The X on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:00 am

yep, definitely go to Hall of Fame difficulty & tweak with sliders if necessary
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby JoshD on Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:16 pm

This dynasty is great, the Xbox 360 pics are amazing :shock:, the pic of Cassell shooting over Smush looks realistic.

Nice record 26-7 (Y)
JoshD

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:12 pm

Despite the loss it sounds like HOF difficulty will be a lot more fun. I can definitely relate to the monotony of the blowout victories. It can be fun at first but when the game's decided after three, you're just going through the motions in the fourth. Even though the finish to the Clippers game didn't go your way it sounded like you had a fun game which is what you need when you're playing a long season.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jing on Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:17 pm

my god jason caffy is still in the league? scary

though whats even more scary is that your camera phone seems to be better than a lot of the pics taken with cameras.
Jing

Postby Mark. on Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:47 pm

Awesome stuff dude, good to see you moving up a difficulty, and that Dunk on Ostertag (Y)(Y)(Y) Great!!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby rongotai on Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:52 pm

Good Job Matthew keep it up.

And Yea bumping it up to HOF will be good, It may take awhile to get used to but the games will be alot closer now which will be fun for you.
rongotai

Postby Matthew on Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:10 pm

The first game on hall of fame difficulty sounds great (Y) Even if you lose a few more games now, you'll still get alot of satisfaction because they'll all be fun to play in

Yep I agree. It wasn't the ammount of points being scored, but the way it was becoming. Philly is contending for the atlantic division, and yet i beat them by nearly 50. Compare that to losing to the bottom team in my division the clippers, and the same amount of points were scored.
yep, definitely go to Hall of Fame difficulty & tweak with sliders if necessary

I have adjusted the sliders further, I'll say the specifics in this thread.
This dynasty is great, the Xbox 360 pics are amazing Shocked, the pic of Cassell shooting over Smush looks realistic.

Nice record 26-7 Thumbs Up

Thank you sir.
Despite the loss it sounds like HOF difficulty will be a lot more fun. I can definitely relate to the monotony of the blowout victories. It can be fun at first but when the game's decided after three, you're just going through the motions in the fourth. Even though the finish to the Clippers game didn't go your way it sounded like you had a fun game which is what you need when you're playing a long season.

Yeah, but it wasnt just that. It came to the point that I was having to try and play worse to allow the cpu to be competitive. It just isnt fun when that happens. Luckily thats changed.
my god jason caffy is still in the league? scary

Yeah I signed him almost purely becuase of his ties with Phil Jackson, but he's been fantastic lately, really contributing offensively when he comes off the bench.
Awesome stuff dude, good to see you moving up a difficulty, and that Dunk on Ostertag Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up Great!

Thank. And you'll be pleased to know the Pistons are still on top of the East. As fun as a lakers/heat or lakers/celtics sounds, a lakers/pistons challenge in the finals would be the ultimate challenege.
Good Job Matthew keep it up.

And Yea bumping it up to HOF will be good, It may take awhile to get used to but the games will be alot closer now which will be fun for you

We have to play online again sometime :crazy:.

I'm going to post the game recaps in the next post, so excuse the double post.
Matthew

Postby Matthew on Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:59 pm

Brian Cook Offers:

Kevin Martin (Kings)
Pluninic (Nets)
Demar Johnson (Nuggets)

At first I was leaning towards Martin becuase he can play both guard positions, but with kobe, george and odom, i have some good versatility. Johnson provides versatilty but wouldnt get any minutes, so I'm leaning towards Pluninic. Any suggestions?

Pacers @ Lakers

I was actually hoping the pacers would wear their yellow away jerseys to conflict with the yellow laker home jerseys, but they didnt. Instead the Pacers jumped out to a 7-4 lead which was quickly rectified by kobe, and the Lakers tied the game at 10. The Lakers would then go on a 14-0 run to finish the quarter 34-20. Kobe had 14 1st quarter points and Jackson had 12 in a nice little duel. In the second the lakers extended their lead to 47-29. The Pacers trimmed the lead down to 10 before kobe had back to back assists to 3 pointers by Devean George and Lue to give the lakers a 57-41. The Lakers continued to extend the lead, pushing it out to 19 after a kobe three, but the pacers closed the half fairly strong and trimmed the lead to 14, down 66-52. Peja had 24 at the half, and kobe had 23.

Kobe with the block on tinsley in transition

2nd Half

In the third the Pacers struggled offensively as the Lakers defense kicked it into high gear. Kobe had 36 points and 10 assists through 3, as the Lakers had their biggest lead of the game at 20, 95-75. In the fourth Jermaine turned his ankle, but the Lakers couldnt extend the lead as Peja caught fire. But it was way too little, too late as the lakers won in convincing fashion 123-106.

Player of the Game
Kobe
43 points (first game in a while kobe has exceeded his ppg)
10 assists
2 rebounds
3 steals
1 block

Lamar 22 points 6 rebounds 2 assists 3 steals 1 block
Kwame 18 points 6 rebounds 1 assist
Smush 3 points 2 rebounds 10 assists 1 steal
George 9 points 1 rebound 2 assists

Peja had 39 points, Stephen Jackson had 33.

Also, in a game between a game, Danny Granger and Warrick played pretty well:
Granger 10 points 1 rebound 1 assist 1 steal
Warrick 15 points 3 rebounds 1 assist

And just for you jae, a Jamal Sampson screen :crazy:
Lakers @ Blazers

To begin the game, Kobe scored 8 of the first 10 points for the Lakers and was on a roll until he picked up his 2nd quick foul. Hakim Warrick came off the bench and went 4/4 from the feild. The quarter ended with Jarret Jack drilling a 3 on the buzzer to bring them back to within 8, 31-23. Kobe came back from the bench and was intent on exploiting his matchup against Dixon, and helped push the lead out to 15 (48-33). The blazers made a 9-0 run to bring it within 6, before kobe would hit back to back three's. The Lakers would lead at halftime 64-54. Kobe had 27 at half (making all 8 of his fg's), and Randolph had 12.

2nd Half

The Lakers came out and immediately extended the lead to 15, but the Blazers kept the lead in check bringing it back down to 13 before smush ran off 5 straight points (one three, and one ridiculous dunk on ratliff). The Blazers brought it back to 13 again just before the end of the 3rd, but kobe made a 3pt play to give the lakers a 90-74 lead going into the fourth. Kobe had 39 points after 3 quarters. In the fourth all I wanted to do was get Kobe his 50 point game, but even that was a struggle. He ended up with 51, and the Lakers won 113-102. The game was much closer than 11 points, and the Blazers did play quite well.

Player of the Game
Kobe
51 points
5 rebounds
4 assists
1 steal

Kwame had 13 points 3 rebounds 2 assists
Mihm 10 points 3 rebounds 2 assists 1 steal 1 block
Lamar had 8 points 9 rebounds 7 assists 1 steal 1 block (jason kidd type numbers :crazy:)
Warrick had 9 points 3 rebounds 4 assists 1 steal 2 blocks
Smush had 7 points 2 rebounds 8 assists 1 block

For portland:
Darius miles had 26 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assist 3 steals
Big dog had 17 points, randolph had 14 points and 6 rebound, and dixon had 14 points.

Kobe rains a 3 in transition over the blazers
Smush's sick dunk on Ratliff

Next up is Cleveland. Heres a preview of the matchup between kobe and lebron:
Lebron 20 ppg, 9 rpg, 8.3 apg, 1.6 spg
Kobe 39.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 7.5 apg, 1.6 spg

It should be fun. The lakers are now 29-7 on the season. Only 6 more games before the halfway point.
Matthew

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame