My very own

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Postby rongotai on Sun May 21, 2006 2:46 pm

Nice win

Lamar having a crazy season
rongotai

Postby Andrew on Sun May 21, 2006 2:50 pm

Congrats on the impressive win. Latest videos are cool as always. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Pera on Sun May 21, 2006 7:14 pm

Great win man and the screens look amazing (Y) .
Pera

Postby Srbija on Sun May 21, 2006 8:06 pm

Another great win, and great screens. Cool video's but as TBD said it is a little hard to see but they are still good.

Lamar is playing awesome. (Y)
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Matthew on Tue May 23, 2006 11:24 pm

Lakers @ Bucks

This is the start of a long road trip, and in the begining it had the feel of the twolves blowout. Both teams struggled to get that first basket, but once it got going for Milwaulkee, it felt like there was no going back. Kobe struggled in the first, but an Odom and George led run brought it down to a 6 point deficit, 30-24 after one. In the second quarter, things started to look bad. Walton,Mihm, Caffey all missed point blank shots during a Bucks 12-0 run than put them up by 21. I reinserted Kobe who shook off his mini slump to lead a small revival, but the bucks were up 60-44 at halftime. Kobe had 21 first half points, but he needed some help.

2nd Half
During the half time break, I was seriously thinking about maybe making a trade after this game, bring in a stevie francis just to take some of the scoring laod of kobe and lamar. But in the second half, Kobe was on fire. He kept getting to the rim, not letting a double team stop him from driving. But a funny thing happened. I was so confident in kobe, he became the primary ball handler. He was bringing the ball up himself. But odom was on the strong side of the court (ie whichever side kobe would bring the ball up on), and he was setting a screen for kobe. now with kobe on fire, odom was cutting to rim and finishing strong. I finally had a play that was tearing apart the defense, and it goes to show the incredible ai of this game. With the formulae in place, i outscored the bucks by 11 in the third and brought at one point 21 point lead down to 5, 85- 80, and that was with Redd burying a 3 to end the quarter.

In the fourth, I rested Lamar but kept kobe out there. Cook was playing fantastic in his pick and rolls and pick and pops role. But Milwaulkee was hanging tough with Redd shooting well and Bogut/magloire/smith dominating the backboards. But kobe kept dishing and scoring, and eventually after a kobe 3 point play, kobe would strip the ball from redd and feed parker on the break to give me a one point lead with 3:41 to go. Bucks called a timeout, and I had to rest kobe at one point, so i decided to roll the dice until 2 minutes left. Odom was brought back in. With jim jackson i tried to run the same play, but odom instead of setting the screen was fighting for position on the block. once again, its simply amazing how the ai recognises who its teamates are. With odom leading the way, i was able to hold the lead, but milwakee was right there all the way. I brought back kobe with 2:21 left, a lil earlier than i wanted, but i couldnt risk it. The bucks had just tied the game and i needed kobe to take control.. up by 2 and 40 seconds left, i had the ball and decided to run some clock.
Kobe had the ball in his hands, and odom stepped out to set the pick. instead i passed to odom, then back to kobe who went the opposite way to the screen and the lane was WIDE open and kobe dunked it to give me a 4 point lead with 26 seconds remaining(play is in the replay section). The lakers ended up holidng on for a thrilling 119- 116 victory.

Player of the game
Kobe
61 points
5 rebounds
15 assists
1 steal

Wow, kobe scored or assisted on 91 points for the lakers 119 points. Amazing.

Other laker standouts
Lamar, 33 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks
George 8 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals 1 block
Cook 8 points and 3 points

Redd led the bucks with30 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 steals.

But Kobes performance was simply phenomanal. What has me excited is right now the lakers biggest problem is controlling the defensive backboards. With Kwame returning, he will have an impact there, and also if he can run the pick and roll in a similar fashion to how lamar ran it, his productivity will go through the roof, and how will the ai try to stop it? Especially with lamar and parker on the weak side who can slash and score pretty well.

Videos:
Kobes great drive and dunk in traffic
Kobe finds george on the great cut for the layup
Kobe takes it strong baseline for the dunk on simmons and the foul

And some screenshots of kobes dunk for those who cant see the movies:
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Tue May 23, 2006 11:29 pm

61 points and 15 assists, simply amazing...virtual Kobe is proving his virtual critics wrong. ;) Congrats on the win, sounds like an exciting one.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jing on Tue May 23, 2006 11:41 pm

wow.
i think what we mean is that not shake the camera so much
Jing

Postby WeeZyBaby on Wed May 24, 2006 1:05 am

I think I just noticed why the camera's shaking so much, i believe he has the cam to follow the ball and not the player with the ball.. note when smush had the ball the cam jumped up and down.
Hoopskid:"Ok how do i change my salary cap in dynasty mode or can i just turn it off?"
Fitzy:"dont turn it off, its the only bit of realism left in the game Crying or Very sad"
Unrestrict3D:"Very true. I'd only recommend turning it off if your the New York Knicks."
WeeZyBaby

Postby BIG GREEN on Wed May 24, 2006 6:59 am

Whichever camera man working on those game's broadcasting needs to be fired. :wink:

Nice dynasty thread matt
(y)
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
BIG GREEN

Postby Ruff Ryder on Wed May 24, 2006 8:35 am

Yohance Bailey wrote:Whichever camera man working on those game's broadcasting needs to be fired. :wink:

Then we won't have any media in this dynasty anymore. :cry:

C'Mon Matthew, give us a 640x480 HQ video. :) If you're gonna keep em small, you should upload them to putfile.com or flurl.com . Heck, you could upload them to photobucket and it'll switch them to flash.

How the heck is Kobe getting so many points lol. Fix your sliders! I think I've only scored 50 once in 2k6.

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby J@3 on Wed May 24, 2006 11:51 am

According to my VIP stats, my top score in a game with a player is 36 :lol: with Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant.
J@3

Postby Nick on Wed May 24, 2006 12:32 pm

Sweet dynasty matthew (Y)

Lovin the screens... would love to see some gameplay ones... or non-dunk ones.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Scotty on Wed May 24, 2006 4:31 pm

my top score was 102 with Redd or someone i think-i went 3pt mad

Go Nuggets!
Scotty

Postby volsey on Thu May 25, 2006 8:57 am

most points ive scored was 52 with bron and the most 3's ive made with a player was 4 with donyell
volsey

Postby dada on Thu May 25, 2006 10:00 am

Nice touch with the little videos. Odom's stepping up big time.
dada

Postby Cloudy on Fri May 26, 2006 2:22 am

So happy to see Kobe with 15 assists...!!! But how unreal.. :lol: (Y)
cloudy
Cloudy

Postby Ruff Ryder on Fri May 26, 2006 9:52 am

Lol, once in my Association in a simmed game Kobe had 58 pts 13 rebounds and 14 assists. I was like WTF! Not real! Lol.

@ Matt, I didn't realize you were a football fan as well (looking at your sig). I'll be checking that one out. But Madden isn't as good on 360 i've heard.

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Matthew on Sun May 28, 2006 11:12 pm

Madden for the 360 isnt as bad as riot and others have said it is. Its missing certain features, like owner mode, but seriously, i enjoyed it more than any other game for the 360 until nba2k6 came out.

Speaking of 2k6, a nice update is comming soon involving a trade :crazy:.
Matthew

Postby Srbija on Mon May 29, 2006 6:04 pm

Hopefully Kobe will be the one getting traded. :P :lol:
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Ty-Land on Tue May 30, 2006 9:27 pm

This is awesome, this thread essentially convinced me to fork out the money for a 360. Looks nice!

Have you customised the silders at all?

Keep it coming, looking forward to the next update with the trade (Y)
Last edited by Ty-Land on Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ty-Land
Spacewolf

Postby Matthew on Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:09 pm

Sorry about the hiatus, and becuase of the layoff this will be a big update.

NBA Trade
Lakers Trade:
Andrew Bynum
Jim Jackson (:crazy:, sorry Jimmy)

Memphis Trades:
Hakim Warrick
1st round pick

A few reasons for this deal. One is I've always liked Warrick, to the point that I thought about doing a franchise with them just to use him. The other reason is the lakers actually passed on him to select bynum, and the grizz need a big man. additionally im not really sure how to use bynum. And on top of all that, i get the grizzlies top pic :proud:

Lakers@ Raptors

This game was a while ago, and alot of the stats have been lost. I started Brian Cook with Odom at pf and Warrick at sf, just to see how he would go. He went well, despite the Raptors leading at halftime by 8 points, 55-47. Kobe was having a quiet night but Odom was playing really well, and I was able to get the lead back by the start of the 4th, up 73-71. I pushed that lead out to double digits before a furious surge by the raptors sent the game into overtime. In the overtime kobe hit a jumper to win it with 8 seconds left, and I escaped with the win (the video will be posted later)

Player of the Game
Lamar with 34 points and 10 rebounds

Kobe had 28 points and 13 assists, and Warrick had 20 in his laker debut.

Lakers@ Bulls

I played this game today so the stats and recap will be much more detailed.

1st quarter
Wow what a start. I came out and hit 23 of my first 24 shots! I should have long breaks from this game more often :crazy:. But seriously, Odom was on fire in the first quarter, schooling sweetney with his skill, size and quickness. He had 19 at the end of one and I ahd my sights set on a career high for him already. I put 38 on the bulls in the first quarter to lead 39-23. In the second quarter Caffey scored 8 points and Hakim Warrick continued to impress as I pulled away to a 67- 48 lead at halftime. Game over right?

Wrong. In the second half, Gordon came out on fire, and the bulls were playing like i was in the first quarter. The only difference was I wasnt playing like they played in the 1st, but they still trimed the lead to 97-87 at the end of the 3rd. Odom had 40 and i gave him a brief rest to begin the quarter. Gordon was still firing though and got the bulls to within three before Odom re entered the game and helped seal a less then convincing win, 130- 118.

Player of the Game
Lamar again:
54 points
10 rebounds
4 assists
2 blocks

Other Laker players:
Kobe 24 pts, 2 rbeounds, 12 assists, 1 steal 2 blocks
Warrick 22 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists 1 steal 1 block
Smush 5 points, 3 rebounds 12 assists and 1 block

The lakers had 50 assists in this game :shock:

Ben Gordons performance could not be ignored eithe. 48 points, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, 7 steals. Another classic duel and congrats to lamar for setting a new career high :)

After that game I wanted to play another, so why not?

Lakers @ Twolves
Uh oh, this is the team that embarrased the lakers on their homefloor. The twolves won the tip, but kobe blocked ricky davis and dished it to Odom for a breakaway dunk to begin the game, but odom pulled his back out on that play. He would later return, but it would only add to the drama. Despite Odom's absence, Kobe would step back into his role of instigating the offense and kobe would resume his scoring role. Byron Russell (remember they signed him?) hit 2 3's in the first period, but even without Odom L.A. was up 32-30 after one. Kobe had 16 points in that first period. In the second quarter, Marko Jaric and KG started to find their rythym, but with Odom returning and contributing the lakers would take a 57-50 lead into halftime. It was amazing to see how differently odom played with the injury. His footspeed wasnt slowed, but he lost alot of elevation and was laying the ball up instead of dunking it in a lot of situatiuons where he would throw it down.

2nd half
The timberwolves began to press alot of more and put pressure on smush, but with that smush was able to break the pressure and get easy baskets for odom/warrick/ mihm/caffey. The tinberwolves were hitting their strides though and answered each laker run to keep it close, down by 8, 89-81. If Minnesota was hot in the 3rd, they were uneblievable in the fourth. Russell continued his suprising play. KG was domiant. Ricky Davis and Jaric were spectacular. They wiped a 8 point deficit away and managed to build a 6 point lead. Kobe was fantastic in the fourt however and kept it close, but I could stop the twolves. With 1:30 or so remaining, the timberwolves were up up by 7. Kobe drilled a three to cut it to four. Timberwolves would score to give themseves a 6 point lead back. Kobe hit another 3, and the lead was cut to three. Mark Blount was fouled and he made one of two free throws, and the lead was just 4. Kobe hit another 3, lead down to one. Jaric Hit a floater and was fouled, he made the foul shot. Lead back to 4. Kobe another 3, lead back to one. Russell was fouled on a drive, he made one ft, elad down to two. Kobe was instantly swarmed and dished it to mihm who missed an open layup. KG would make 2 free throws. Next play odom was fouled, and made one of two, 3 point game. KG hit a turnaround, minnesota up by 5. Kobe hit another 3, lead down to two. Jaric was fouled and made on of two, and kobe hit a three to tie it up with no time remaining! He hit 6 threes in such a small amount of time, and i was so stunned/ happy i forgot to save the replay!

In the second overtime on this road trip, Kobe continued to dominate, but no more 3's. The game was tied with 1 minute 30 remaining when kobe would hit an 18 footer, and KG would miss a turnaround defended by warrick and in tranistion odom drew kgs 6th foul and made a 3 point play. The game was effectivly over at that point, and I walked out of there with a 145 to 139 win. The twolves scored 47 (thats right, 47) points in the 4th quarter. When I look back at this season series, the way I beat minnesota convincingly without kg, the way they domianted me on my homefloor, and then this game, Ive never had a better season series in any game, and it ranks right up there with one of my classic videogame memories ever.

Player of the game:
Kobe
67 points (7/7 3pt)
14 assists
4 rebounds
2 steals
1 block

Lamar 8 rebounds 4 assists 1 steal 1 block
Brian Cook 11 points, 3 rebounds 3 assists 1 steal
Smush 7 points 6 assists 2 blocks

Minnesota players:
Jaric 23 points 9 assists 5 steals
Davis 22 points 5 assists
Russell 22 points (4-5 3's)
KG 20 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 5 steals, 2 blocks
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:24 pm

Congrats on the wins, they sound like an exciting three contests...a game winner in OT, huge outbursts from Kobe and Odom and some hard fought battles. Good stuff. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:28 pm

I just hope I play Minnesota in the playoffs. If they play anything like they did in the regular season in the playoffs, can you imagine 7 games of that?
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:39 pm

That'd be quite a battle. :)

Do you expect to make any more deals in the near future or do you feel you're set for the moment?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Srbija on Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:41 pm

Wow, congrats on the wins, glad to see you are updating this again.

Can't wait until the next update. (Y)

add more screens :P
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame