My very own

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

My very own

Postby Matthew on Fri May 12, 2006 10:54 pm

Xbox 360 Dynasty

Well I got this game on wednesday when it finally was relelased and oh my god, what a game! I'll write a review for the rest of the aussies within the week, but I have already started a franchise for it.

Some basic details of the franchise:
I'm using the lakers
Its on pro diffculty (only the third hardest, ill move it upto legendary soon)
8 minute quarters
sliders unchanged
and no trades.

A brief rundown

I started this franchise yesterday, and didn't think i'd be continuing it so i didnt write any detailed reports, so i'll apologise for the lack of detail.

Lakers @ Nuggets
I was tempted to put the starting lineup the lakers used in the playoffs (parker, kobe, odom, walton, brown) but i kept the default (mihm instead walton, odom at the sf and brown at pf). I did this to allow Odom to be in more of a playmaking role. In the game the nuggets came out strong behind kenyon martin and miller. Kobe was in foul trouble all game and odom was fantastic in distributing the ball and using his height to get the better off melo. In the fourth quarter, Kobe took over and hit a 3 with 2.7 seconds remaining to tie the game, but Earl Boykins hit a runner on the buzzer to win and start my season 0-1.

Suns @ Lakers
Oh yeah, this is what I wanted :). The suns played very similar to how they do in real life, they'd give up 10 or 11 straight points, but then make up 9 points within a minute. They were up by 3 at haltime before Kobe simply took over in the 3rd and 4th quarter and would finish with 53 points and an impresive victory, 130-110.

Nuggets @ Lakers
This game I accdently simmed, and the nuggets won 85-74. I was filthy about this becuase I wanted revenge on Denver, and I was actually thinking about restarting the franchise, but I didnt. It makes for a great storyline for the next game against denver. Final score was 85-74

Lakers @ Hawks
After the stupidity of simming the Nuggets game, I was pretty focused in this game and Atlanta never stood a chance. Kobe had 37 first half points but only finished with 44 as I made sure to distribute the ball. The final score was 139-108.

Lakers @ twolves
KG was injured and I was lucky he was. This game was late at night so I wasn't really into this one. I was used to the scoring fest in the Hawks game, and Minnesota is actually decent without KG. Maybe twolve fans should get used to that :crazy:. Kobe and Odom kept things close, but Minnesota held a 10 point lead just after half time. I was able to cut that down to 5 before the start of the fourth, and Kobe won the game for me down the strecth. Final Score 104-94 Lakers.

Lakers @ Philly

This was the first game on espn this season, and I wanted to get this win. Iverson and Webber came out strong for Philly, But Kobe was spectacular in this one, scoring 68 points, getting 10 assists, 5 rebounds and 3 steals. And the Lakers won 131-104. Yes, I know, time to adjust sliders and move upto legendary mode :P
Last edited by Matthew on Fri May 12, 2006 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew

Postby Matthew on Fri May 12, 2006 10:54 pm

Rotation

Starters

Centre: Chris Mihm
Power Forward: Kwame Brown
Small Foward: Lamar Odom
Shooting Guard: Kobe Bryant
Point Guard: Smush Parker

The Bench:
Devean George (sg, sf, pf)
Luke Walton (sf, pf)
Brian Cook (pf, c)
Sasha ... im not gonna spell his last name. (pg)
Andrew Bynum (centre)
Jim Jackson (sg)
Last edited by Matthew on Fri May 12, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew

Postby Matthew on Fri May 12, 2006 10:55 pm

Player Stats

Kobe
42.8 ppg, 3 rpg, 6.3 apg, 1.7 spg, 1.2 bpg (talk about numbers!)

Lamar
17.2 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.8 apg, 0.8 spg, 0.2 bpg

Smush
10.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 8.7 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.5 bpg

Chris
6 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.3 apg, 0.3 spg, 0.3 bpg

Kwame
5.8 ppg, 5 rpg, 2.7 apg, 0.8 spg, 0.5 bpg

This will be updated weekly, and the bench players will be added later.
Last edited by Matthew on Fri May 12, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matthew

Pacific Standings

Lakers
4-2

Suns
3-2

Kings
3-3

Clippers
1-5

Warriors
1-5
Last edited by Matthew on Fri May 12, 2006 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matthew

Injuries
Kevin Garnett
Danny Fortson
Olowkandi
Mashburn (i wonder why he's in the game? i thought he retired and this is the updated roster.)
Rafer Alston

Signings
Spree to Philly (wow, him and webber reunited alongside Iverson :crazy:)
Glenn Robinson to Portland
Kittles to Milwaulkee
Penny to Chicago
Doug Christie to Cleveland
Googs to the Hornets
Elden Campbell to Dallas
Rodney Rogers to Detroti
Wesley Person to Chicago
Jon Barry to Cleveland
G. Lynch to the Clippers
Keon Clark to the Hornets
Travis best to Seattle

Trades
Larry Hughes (on the trading block) traded to Atlanta for Joe Johnson.
Interesting deal from Atlanta's point of view, but makes Cleveland a contender with a shooter and scorer in Johnson, and the signing of Christie means they wont miss a beat defensively.

Josh Childrees (on the trading block) dealt to the suns to R. Bell
I'm cut this deal went down. I loved playing against Bell with Kobe, but it makes perfect sense for the suns as Childress adds size, athleticism and skill to the suns, somthing Bell was never able to do.
Last edited by Matthew on Sat May 13, 2006 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Fri May 12, 2006 11:28 pm

Looking good. (Y) Do you plan on continuing to use Kobe like that or will you pull back a bit and distribute the scoring a little more, or going for some records?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Fri May 12, 2006 11:35 pm

In some games I've been able to go for records becuase it's been a bit easy. I'll be experimenting with sliders and legendary mode to make it so i cant decide who i want to score with before i inbound the ball. I'm really enjoying the presentation of this game though, very reminiscant of TNT broadcasts.
Matthew

Postby Cloudy on Sat May 13, 2006 3:51 am

Hey, we need 360 screen caps! :P
cloudy
Cloudy

Postby Pera on Sat May 13, 2006 6:49 am

Wow a 360 dynasty (Y) .
Hope you can finnish this dynasty because I'm looking forvard to it.
Good look playing the games and many wins :) .
Pera

Postby Donatello on Sat May 13, 2006 7:09 am

I know this is 2k6... but you didn't say that in the post :D

Glad you're enjoying it.
||[b]b]||
Donatello
Dongatello

Postby Ruff Ryder on Sat May 13, 2006 10:43 am

How come no trades?

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Matthew on Sat May 13, 2006 1:16 pm

I want to keep this fairly realistic, although I'm considering maybe trading mihm and a few others for alonzo.

Lakers @ Memphis
I made the mistake of playing on Pro for the first few games, and put it upto all star. It made a difference for a little while, as I couldn't just do whatever I wanted. Kobe could still get into the lane but I couldn't really dominate on the perimeter. I was still able to shut the grizzlies down in the first quarter and took a 25-18 lead into the second quarter after Devaen George hit a buzzer beater. In the second, George continued his good shooting and touch around the basket and prevented the Grizzlies from swarming Kobe, and I put 31 points up in the 2nd to take a 56-36 lead into half time.

2nd half.

In the second, Kobe finally started to knock down jumpers and once again I held Memphis to only 18 points in the quarter, and the quarter finished with a 82- 54 lead. In fourth I rested all of my starters and won the game 113-82. The game was good to play only becuase I felt Memphis had a run in them. If the next game is a similar blowout, I'll move upto Legendary.

Player of the game

Kobe
33 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists

Odom had 20 points and 14 rebounds, smush had 11 points and 8 assists and george had 18 points, 14 in the first half.
Matthew

Postby dada on Sat May 13, 2006 1:43 pm

Sounds good. (y)

Maybe run some more plays through Odom to get him some assists.
dada

Postby Srbija on Sat May 13, 2006 6:59 pm

Cool dynasty. Will we be able to see screens ? (Y)
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Matthew on Sat May 13, 2006 7:24 pm

Knicks @ Lakers

This was the first game back home since the sim debacle which cost me a loss against the nuggets, and it was good to see staples again. 2k6 always does a great job with the stadiums and crowds. In the first quarter Kobe got into some cheap foul trouble and Marbury was playing like he did in 2003; smart, patient and ruthless. Lamar struggled a abit without kobe but soon found his groove and I was able to tie the game up at 29 on a kwame turnaround just before the buzzer. In the second period though, the threat of the Knicks was still there and even with Kobe returning, it wasn't enough to cool down the francis and crawford express, and they led 59-54 at halftime.

2nd half

Despite being down 5 points, I was completely confident that I could play the way I wanted to and get back the lead and control. How wrong I was. Crawford and Richardson continued their stella play and within 90 seconds I was down by double digits for the first time this season. Smush and Kobe sparked a run which brought the lead down to 85- 79 at the start of the fourth, but what was worrying was I was actually playing focused basketball and unable to really chip away. The start of the fourth had a feeling of dejavue as the Knicks reelled off a 10-0 run to give them a 16 point lead before Kobe began to take over and bring the lead down to 3 with 2 minutes remaining. Curry made that a 4 point lead with a put back jam, which kobe responded to with a clutch 3 point play, and then lamar picked richardsons pocket and assisted on a kobe dunk which gave me the lead. Smush would hit on an 8 footer to give me a 3 point lead before Crawford hit another 3 inside the final minute, but Kobe kept attacking, kept getting inside and I was able to pull out a 119-115 win. The Lakers scored 39 points in the final quarter to get the win.

Player of the Game
Kobe
42 points, 11 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals

Other notables:
Odom 27 points, 12 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal
Smush 21 points, 7 assists, 1 steal

Knicks:
Crawford 29 points and 5 steals, Marbury 24 points and 16 assists, Richardson had 16 points 4 rebounds and 5 assists, and Curry had 13 points and 2 (just like in real life! :crazy:) rebounds.

Some of you guys are asking for screens, I hope this is sort of what you are after:

Sorry they are a bit small, but its just pictures taken with a phone. Its a bit difficult to take screenshots on a console :crazy:.
Matthew

Postby Jugs on Sat May 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Wow very nice screenshot of the Xbob 360 version of 2k6. I was considering doing a 2k6 dynasty but the previous one was made by ShAuN and we all know about ShAuN and bandwagoning....

Good to see Kobe dominate AND make 11 assists.
Jugs

Postby Srbija on Sat May 13, 2006 7:48 pm

Awesome screens man. Your phone must have a good camera. (Y)
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Scotty on Sat May 13, 2006 10:14 pm

awesome man looks simple....awesome (Y) i didn't know 2k6 was out on the 360 yet....did you have it on previous gen consoles, is it better?

Go Nuggets!
Scotty

Postby Matthew on Sat May 13, 2006 10:14 pm

Clippers @ Lakers

What can I say for this game? Kobe came out and hit his first 8 shots, and scored 22 first quarter points! The score after one was 37-25. Kwame was injured when he fouled Brand, but despite that I took a 70 to 54 lead into half time. The second half was much more of the same. The final score was 144-107. After the game I immediately jacked up the difficulty to superstar, and I found there is in fact a fith level! I'm happy about that, becuase I want a challenge this season. Thats why I didnt make any trades.

Player of the Game
Kobe
55 points (23-30 fg!), 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 block

Odom 22 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 1 block
Mihm 16 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block
George 15 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal
Smush 14 points, 3 rebounds, 11 assists

For all you readers with a lack of imagination, here's some screens.

The only bad thing was Kwames injury. He broke his wrist and is out for 35 days. I have a few proposed starting lineups to use instead.

The first is the obvious insertion of Cook at pf:
C: Mihm
PF: Cook
SF: Odom
SG: Byrant
PG: Smush

Then theres a playoff style lineup:
PF: Odom
SF: Walton

But the one I'm leaning towards is putting george in, with Odom at pf:
PF: Odom
SF: George

Any suggestions? :)
Matthew

Postby Cloudy on Sat May 13, 2006 10:50 pm

Nice screenshots!! Too bad Kwame is out for a month. I actually put Walton at PF in my dynasty, Odom at SF. This creates more mismatches for Odom, but a bad thing is Walton gets into foul trouble easily..
cloudy
Cloudy

Postby Jackal on Sat May 13, 2006 11:07 pm

Go with the George line up, with Walton in the line up, you do have another passer, but I think Odom is doing a fairly good job of distributing the ball. (Not to mention Kobe's MVP-esque assists.) George's three point shot could help spread the floor.

Nice screens, the way you & Jae talk about the 2K series, I'm seriously contemplating on buying it. Nice dynasty to read, the screens help aswell.

Best o'luck.
Jackal

Postby peaches on Sun May 14, 2006 12:22 am

Screens are fucking amazing. I seriously think i had an orgasm. :shock:

:shock: Great work (Y)
peaches

Postby zmac on Sun May 14, 2006 12:25 am

:cry: I want a 360, NOW! Looking at this makes me feel all empty inside.
ImageImageImageImage
www.myspace.com/zmac24
zmac

Postby Cloudy on Sun May 14, 2006 6:37 am

Btw, do you have a HDTV? Does 360 work on a normal fat TV?
cloudy
Cloudy

Postby KIG1 on Sun May 14, 2006 6:41 am

Looks good man. Those screens amaze me (Y)
KIG1

Next

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame