X's Blazers Dynasty (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby pHLo on Wed May 10, 2006 11:45 pm

hm i knew that u'll have a winning month but i didn't expect that many Ws since u were playing some strong teams like Dallas and Phoenix.....

anyway, i'd choose u making the playoffs over getting points for my predictions any day :D

Good Luck in the Playoffs :D:D:D

props to z-mac for that sig
pHLo

Postby BOSS on Thu May 11, 2006 8:48 am

Where the updates bro ?
BOSS

Postby The X on Thu May 11, 2006 6:50 pm

pHLo wrote:hm i knew that u'll have a winning month but i didn't expect that many Ws since u were playing some strong teams like Dallas and Phoenix.....

anyway, i'd choose u making the playoffs over getting points for my predictions any day :D

Good Luck in the Playoffs :D:D:D

yep, Watson & Harding really lifted the team in the 4th quarters :P

Sam. wrote:Where the updates bro ?

The X wrote:Sorry I haven't had a chance to update this dynasty....I've been very busy with work deadlines, family dramas, relationship dramas, tight study deadlines & schedules & so on....I have however started to do DBF-editing in anticipation of the scouting....

I don't know how much time I will have in future, but I will continue dynasty regardless, in whatever shape or form....I might have to slice 'n dice a few things, but we'll see....any suggestions would be appreciated....

cheers
X

situation remains unchanged, although the dramas are starting to subside a little....I'm still doing dbf updates....I will try & get April summary up on the weekend....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Thu May 11, 2006 10:39 pm

there are no Blazers' games for the month of April, so we'll have something different, you can guess the records of the teams that I'm trying to hold off for the No. 8 playoff seed....

Blazers ended up with a 15-14 record that looks good for securing the No. 7 or 8 seed, but there are a couple of other teams jockeying for those 2 spots....

LAKERS' APRIL SCHEDULE (4 games)

Lakers are currently 13-12 entering April & tied with Blazers for 7th in the West. Their final four games are:

@ Cha
vs Uta
vs Mia
@ Orl

KINGS' APRIL SCHEDULE (4 games)

Kings are currently 12-13 entering April & are 9th in the West. They've been on a bit of a roll of late & are a definite shot at making the top 8 with all home games for the month. Their final four games are:

vs Den
vs Atl
vs NOK
vs Was

JAZZ's APRIL SCHEDULE (3 games)

Jazz are currently 12-14 entering April & currently are 10th in the West. They need to win all 3 of their games for the month to have a realistic shot at playing in May. Their final three games are:

@ Sea
@ LAL
vs Chi

If you're wondering what the rosters of each team are, check out each team's depth charts at the link below:

http://www.nbaliveforums.com/sutra542176.php#542176

as always, guess the monthly award winners....also choose each or all of the team's records for the month of April....no penalties for taking a stab at picking each team's actual wins & losses, but bonuses will still apply, so maybe worth a gamble....

get your picks in....

cheers
X
Last edited by The X on Mon May 15, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jugs on Thu May 11, 2006 10:44 pm

Lakers: 3-1
Kings: 2-2
Jazz: 1-2
East Player: Ron Artest
West Player: Brad Miller
East Rookie: Rudy Ghey
West Rookie: Vince Dehere

*crosses fingers* Scouting Reports :mrgreen:
Jugs

Postby The X on Thu May 11, 2006 10:48 pm

Jugs wrote:*crosses fingers* Scouting Reports :mrgreen:

they'll come at some point....will do April Summary & all that, then start doing draft prospect cards....it'll happen, but don't expect them too soon
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Donatello on Fri May 12, 2006 2:37 am

You're so good :x

Keep up the good work, as long as it is fun. :D
||[b]b]||
Donatello
Dongatello

Postby Anthony15 on Fri May 12, 2006 7:40 am

Lakers 3-1
Sac-town 3-1
Utah 2-2

East: Carter
West: Kobe
East Rookie: Gay
West: Dehere
Anthony15

Postby Mark. on Fri May 12, 2006 12:27 pm

Lakers 3-1
Kings 3-1
Utah 1-3

Note: you say there are only 3 games for the Jazz but you provided 4 matchups, I assumed its actualy a 4 game month for them.

East: Jermaine O'Neal
West: Kobe Bryant
East Rookie: Rudy Gay
West Rookie: Adam Morrison

Good to see ya updating dude, spose I should get around to updating mine since my test is done :D
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby BOSS on Fri May 12, 2006 12:43 pm

Well that's weird that you have no games.
But your playing 29 games so I know how it is.
But hey man, good luck with family drama and etc.
I am in the same situation right now as you with the relationship drama.
But ay, eventually we'll get through this.
But good luck once more.
BOSS

Postby The X on Sat May 13, 2006 2:11 pm

BLAZING TRAIL TO THE PLAYOFFS

APRIL 1

Utah 121 at Seattle 84

Deron Williams & Mehmet Okur exploded for a combined 60pts, 14rebs, 10asts, 2stls, 0TO's, 24/38 FG, 6/8 3Pt & 6/9 FT as the Jaxx went into Seattle & destroyed the Sonics to keep themselves in the playoff hunt.

Sacramento 112 at Denver 95

Peja & Brad Miller were too much for their Nuggets' counterpaths Melo & Camby as they cruised to .500.

APRIL 3

LA Lakers 115 at Charlotte 82

It's best not to question Kobe Bryant's ability as he exploded for 48pts, 7rebs, 9asts, 3stls & 1blk. Lakers look good for the playoffs if they can keep this level of play up.

Playoff Picture

7. LA Lakers 14-12
8. Portland 15-14
-----------------------------
9. Sacramento 13-13
10. Utah 13-14
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sat May 13, 2006 2:16 pm

Donatello wrote:You're so good :x

Keep up the good work, as long as it is fun. :D

:twisted: :lol: yeah, might have to adjust format for next season just to keep it moving....

Mark. wrote:Note: you say there are only 3 games for the Jazz but you provided 4 matchups, I assumed its actualy a 4 game month for them.

Good to see ya updating dude, spose I should get around to updating mine since my test is done :D

yep, good to be updating, & yep, I meant 4 games, so I'll take Jugs as 1-3 unless he wants to go 2-2....

Sam. wrote:Well that's weird that you have no games.
But your playing 29 games so I know how it is.
But hey man, good luck with family drama and etc.
I am in the same situation right now as you with the relationship drama.
But ay, eventually we'll get through this.
But good luck once more.

yeah, things seem to be calming down bit by bit....we'll see though....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mark. on Sat May 13, 2006 2:17 pm

All three teams got those wins they needed, looks like their stars are making a real push for those playoff spots.

On the topic of the "Fighting Irish" what was the score in your last game?"
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Jugs on Sat May 13, 2006 5:38 pm

Yep X, take mine as 1-3. I was going to edit it but I wasn't sure who was right.

Everybody got wins though :|
Jugs

Postby The X on Sun May 14, 2006 2:34 pm

Mark. wrote:All three teams got those wins they needed, looks like their stars are making a real push for those playoff spots.

On the topic of the "Fighting Irish" what was the score in your last game?"

20-39 :cry: I was frustrated by double & triple teams....highly annoying games....we need to make some adjustments on offense....I'm about the only guy who can score on this team so it makes it tough....our defense has been rock solid, but our transistion defense sucks....we probably gave up like 25pts on transistion due to being so unfit....it's only pre-season though, so we're working on it....

Jugs wrote:Yep X, take mine as 1-3. I was going to edit it but I wasn't sure who was right.

Everybody got wins though :|

that they did :(
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sun May 14, 2006 4:06 pm

APRIL 5

Utah 100 at LA Lakers 103

Teamwork was the name of the game for the Lakers, as they squeaked by AK47's big night to help the Blazers' quest for the post-season.

APRIL 6

Sacramento 101 vs Atlanta 100

Meanwhile, the Kings' Peja Stojakovic had a career night to just beat out the Atlanta Hawks & move only percentage points behind the Blazers.

Playoff Picture

In an unbelievable twist of fate, the Portland Trailblazers are in an unusual position. With the Nuggets' 6th loss in the last 7 games, the Blazers move up to a lead in the Northwest Division & therefore the number 3 seed in the playoffs. However, if the Nuggets win 1 of their last 2 games then they win the division (Nuggets hold the tiebreaker) & the Blazers will fall back to the number 8 seed. The Kings still would have a chance to knock the Blazers out. Therefore, the Blazers could potentially go from a number 3 seed to out of the playoffs within 2 games. The streaking Lakers could also earn the number 2 seed if they win & the Suns stumble in their last few games. The final couple of games should be interesting, to say the least.

2. Phoenix 14-11
3. Portland 15-14
7. LA Lakers 15-12
8. Denver 14-13
9. Sacramento 14-13
10. Utah 13-15
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jugs on Sun May 14, 2006 5:27 pm

Wow, who would've guessed you'd go 6-1 to 8th place, then 0-0 and to 3rd place. Now everyone has to hope for the Nuggets to lose their last 2 games and you're in the finals! WOOO
Jugs

Postby Srbija on Sun May 14, 2006 5:52 pm

Peja :headbang:
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby H Rock on Sun May 14, 2006 7:17 pm

Crazy. But that's not a good thing in real NBA.
H Rock

Postby The X on Sun May 14, 2006 9:33 pm

Jugs wrote:Wow, who would've guessed you'd go 6-1 to 8th place, then 0-0 and to 3rd place. Now everyone has to hope for the Nuggets to lose their last 2 games and you're in the finals! WOOO

the irony :lol: maybe your bold prediction isn't too far off base :lol:

Srbija wrote:Peja :headbang:

yep, Peja's been huge....he & the Kings have me worried as they're playing superbly....

H Rock wrote:Crazy. But that's not a good thing in real NBA.

that's true....although I do think a division title, regardless of how weak the division is, should result in a top 4 seed in the 1st Round....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sun May 14, 2006 10:10 pm

APRIL 10

Sacramento 93 at New Orleans-Oklahoma City 105

The Hornets' backcourt combination of Chris Paul & Vince Dehere were too much for the Kings' backcourt as the Kings faltered at home to a fairly weak Hornet's team. This loss by the Kings means that the Portland Trailblazers have made the playoffs. The Kings can still make the playoffs if they win their final game & the Nuggets lose their final two.

APRIL 15

Utah 125 vs Chicago 124

Whilst the playoffs are now out of question for the Jazz, they can take comfort in having a great outing against the Bulls.

Sacramento 101 at Washington 115

The Kings let another chance to make the playoffs slip through their fingers as they didn't have an answer at SG for Gilbert Arenas. Kings now have the entire off-season to look back at another squandered opportunity.

Playoff Picture

The Portland Trailblazers sealed a playoff berth, but now they can potentially secured the Northwest Division & the number 3 seed out West. It is out of their hands as has been the whole month.

2. Phoenix 15-11
3. Portland 15-14
7. LA Lakers 15-12
8. Denver 14-13
9. Sacramento 14-15
10. Utah 14-15
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Srbija on Sun May 14, 2006 10:25 pm

Looks like that's it for the Kings :x

Good luck. (Y)
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Jugs on Sun May 14, 2006 11:09 pm

That was easy, good on you for making my bold prediction half true :mrgreen: . Now take them to play-off glory :D
Jugs

Postby Anthony15 on Mon May 15, 2006 3:53 am

Holy sh*t Nuggets are struggling. Who's 1st in Western Conf.?
Anthony15

Postby The X on Mon May 15, 2006 8:05 pm

Srbija wrote:Looks like that's it for the Kings :x

Good luck. (Y)

yep, Kings made a nice run for the playoffs, but just fell short when it mattered the most....

Jugs wrote:That was easy, good on you for making my bold prediction half true :mrgreen: . Now take them to play-off glory :D

we'll see what the Blazers can really do :P

Anthony15 wrote:Holy sh*t Nuggets are struggling. Who's 1st in Western Conf.?

San Antonio already has the top seed out West locked up....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame