Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Postby j.23 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:31 am

wow HBK and his wife left prior to bret hart being inducted. he didn't have to do it, but that was definitely an unselfish act right there, yet again the fans still had to heckle him for it (rajah.com) -- the highlights of bret's speech are up on wwe.com, pretty touching to say the least :)
j.23

Postby j.23 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:58 am

wow, the trish vs. mickie match was pretty good, minus the little fuckup on the end.
i love mark henry's theme music :twisted:
j.23

Postby Drex on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:21 am

Taker won (Y) :mrgreen: 14-0, biatch. I read that Mark Henry tried to pin him :lol:
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Null17 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:34 am

It would've been an outrage if he lost to Henry of all people. There's no point in it. He's on his way out of the company. If Taker does lose at Mania, it should be to a young guy that needs a rub.
Null17

Postby j.23 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:41 am

HBK with a fucking elbow drop off a 30 foot ladder onto mcmahon, who was placed on a table.
j.23

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:19 pm

Wrestlemania Event & Predictions Review

World Tag Team Champions Kane & Big Show vs. Chris Masters & Carlito - Chris Masters & Carlito - Incorrect

Looks like a split might be happening sooner than we thought, since this isn't the first miscommunication between Masters and Carlito. I guess it will be Carlito who would turn face if and when they feud, but they'll need to start getting him some positive reactions first. He's still solidly a heel in my book.

Pretty good match to start things out with, definitely a surprising finish. I guess they're not done with the dominance of Big Show and Kane. Speaking of Big Show, that's his first Wrestlemania victory.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Bobby Lashley - Incorrect

So much for my predictions so far! This one might have stolen the show. When a match is set up a spot fest it has to deliver some memorable highlights and this one definitely did. Shelton's run up the ladder for the suicidal senton-like dive, the Vandaminator of the top rope onto the ladder...that was crazy. The Ric Flair spot had me fooled at first, for a moment I thought it was a shoot and he was legitimately injured but when he seemed to be making his way to the back too easily I figured he'd be back out and for a moment, thought he might even sneak back in and win it all (which wouldn't have been the best idea).

I would've given the shot to Lashley but RVD is deserving as well, it'll be interesting to see how long they wait to have him cash in on it. Looks like he's in for a push sometime in the next twelve months.

United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. JBL - Chris Benoit - Incorrect

Wow, did I get my predictions wrong or what? I'm a little disappointed because I'm not a JBL fan and though the US title is a level he's not too bad at...well, I still don't like him with a belt. If this means Benoit is back in the main event picture though, I can certainly live with this result. Having JBL win while mocking Eddie Guerrero was classless. They need to stop drawing heat with that.

Edge vs. Mick Foley (Hardcore Match) - Edge - Correct

Finally got one right! This one really delivered as far as hardcore matches go, nice to see Joey Styles getting a chance to call a match at Wrestlemania even though I'm glad JR called most of it. Edge landing on the tacks was gruesome, as was everything that involved barbed wire and the finish was suitably spectacular...though I'm still a bit disappointed Mick Foley is forced to job whenever he comes back. But it makes sense in the grand scheme of things to have Edge go over.

Undertaker vs. Mark Henry (Casket Match) - Undertaker - Correct

Not as bad as I thought, didn't go longer than it had to and Undertaker goes 14-0, which was the right thing to do all bias aside. If he's going to put anyone over at Wrestlemania, Mark Henry is just about the last person it should be. Usual Casket Match spots, Henry putting the Undertaker down and going for the pin (reminiscent of pretty much every casket match to date), both men fighting in the casket...and then an impressive effort by Taker to nail the tombstone on Henry. Now let this feud be done with.

Boogeyman vs. Booker T & Sharmell - Booker T - Incorrect

Best part of this match? The introduction with Booker T and Sharmell walking past all the other freak/odd characters. Ted Dibiase was a weird choice to have there if he was meant to be a freak but nevertheless it was fun to see him there doing his old spiel about everyone having a price and trying to swindle other wrestlers. Paul Birchall's pirate gimmick...well, you can't help but be entertained by a man who's swordfighting alone and cheerfully greets his fellow wrestlers as they pass by. Nice segment.

Match was OK I guess, I thought Booker should've gone over which is why I picked him in the first place. Oh well.

Women's Champion Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James - Mickie James - Correct

Pretty good match as I expected, though I didn't expect Mickie to grab Trish like that. I'm certain Vince McMahon himself called for that to happen. Mickie winning extends what could continue to be a really good feud, just what the division needs. Trish getting booed was very unexpected though. Seeing as though it's a predominantly male audience and Mickie is pleasing to the eye I'm not surprised she'd draw cheers despite being the heel but Trish getting booed...very odd.

Mr. McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels (No Holds Barred Match) - Shawn Michaels - Correct

I have to admit, part of me was expecting Bret Hart to show up during this match. Even without him it was better than I expected. Great finish with the huge ladder and the elbow drop, then the "Watch me kick your teeth down your throat!" followed by Sweet Chin Music to cap it off. Now, let's put this feud behind us as well. It doesn't need to continue.

World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio - Rey Mysterio - Correct

Very good match, though considering Cena's reception it might've been better if this was the last one. Still, then HHH couldn't be in the final main event. Anyway, smart booking to protect Angle by having Mysterio pin Orton as well as having Rey gain retribution for No Way Out and setting up a longer feud with Orton in 2006.

Rey winning the title was the MOMENT of this Wrestlemania. He beat the odds in the context of the storylines and in the backstage politics of wrestling too. His reign will likely be short but I think it will be memorable. A great reward for all his hard work and determination in the wrestling industry and it came in a very entertaining match (that double german suplex was amazing). Well done to all three men and kudos to the creative team for the booking.

Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle (Playboy Pillow Fight) - Candice Michelle - Incorrect

Should've been on earlier in the night. The crowd was hot after the World Heavyweight match, they broke out into a chant of "Boring" during this one. I suppose they wanted to capitalise on what they anticipated would be a hot crowd but it didn't work. Not very well done. T&A couldn't save this one. Torrie wins, I lose out on the prediction, who cares. Trish Stratus and Mickie James did it so much better without a gimmick, in all aspects.

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Triple H - John Cena - Correct

Guess they did telegraph the ending on last week's RAW. But they really need to turn Cena heel. I know they're at least acknowledging the mixed reaction but again they need to ride the crowd reaction because the more they try to defy it and push Cena as a face, the bigger the negative response.

HHH's entrance was a parody of professional wrestling. It was just too cheesy. Then you have Cena coming out in a case of "gangster meets gang$tah". Pop then heat. Odd. Could've done without both cheesy gimmicks.

The match...decent way of making Cena look better with some high impact stuff, good near-falls and having him win with the STFU was unexpected. But the crowd reaction obviously didn't match what the WWE has in mind. The feud will of course continue.

Overall...worth the money, great show. MITB and the Harccore match were entertaining, good spots elsewhere and great moment with Rey defying the odds. Not the greatest Wrestlemania but a very good show.

Predictions: 6/11 Correct
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jugs on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:56 pm

Okay well, I skipped the spoilers :x

Is it worth purchasing the replay?
Jugs

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:29 pm

I think so, unless $29.95 is more money than you're willing to spend on PPV television. I feel it was worth it, couple of low points (as always) but a very entertaining show.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jugs on Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm

Yeah well I did buy the Raw PPV, i forgot what it was called but it was the one with the Elimination Chamber. That was the first ever PPV i bought. I'll ask my parents now, I told them i'll pay for it if they want me to
Jugs

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:00 pm

New Year's Revolution, unless you mean Survivor Series 2002 when the Elimination Chamber was first used.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jugs on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:30 pm

New Year's Revolution is the name.
Jugs

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:47 pm

I didn't bother with that one this year. I usually only get the big PPVs, unless I'm particularly interested in the card.

Something else I forgot to mention before...the idea of having both commentary teams do Money In The Bank because it was interpromotional was a fun idea, with no designated play-by-play and the four announcers sharing the call. Came off very well, even better than the usual mix-and-match on the interbrand bouts.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jugs on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:59 pm

My sister wanted Cena to win the Elimination chamber and I wanted to see Carlito win it and because it was school holidays, we decided to order it and watch it.

As for the four announcers, i'll be listening out for that :P
Jugs

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:44 pm

I've got to say, I was surprised with the results of WM22. I'm still hoping that Lashley and Benoit will now be used properly by WWE.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby koberulz on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:58 pm

Wrestlemania Event & Predictions Review

World Tag Team Champions Kane & Big Show vs. Chris Masters & Carlito - Chris Masters & Carlito - Incorrect

Yawn. They really need to make these guys drop the belts.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Rob Van Dam - Correct

You sure Ric Flair's injury wasn't legit? They had the whole ars-crossed deal and everything, and he took no further part in the match (other than about thirty seconds, then he just sat around being injured again). Bad idea to have him in at all. Carlito would have been much better off in that match, by the looks of things he can pull a high spot or two, and obviously the tag match was pointless.

United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. JBL - Chris Benoit - Incorrect

Enough Eddie references already. Really. And Benoit better get some decent use after this.

Edge vs. Mick Foley (Hardcore Match) - Mick Foley - Incorrect

Great match. Looked like it was going to be a squash with Edge hitting the spear early. Pretty obvious ending once Lita hit Foley though.

Undertaker vs. Mark Henry (Casket Match) - Mark Henry - Incorrect

Sorry, I missed this one. Fell asleep.

Boogeyman vs. Booker T & Sharmell - Booker T - Incorrect

Well, Boogeyman has more than one finisher. How nice. Question of the Day: Where did Goldust tell Booker to put the worms? Really, I care more about that than the match.

Women's Champion Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James - Mickie James - Correct

These people from Chicago are weird. Booing Trish? What the hell is going on there? Good to see someone else get the belt though.

Mr. McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels (No Holds Barred Match) - Shawn Michaels - Correct

World's Longest Squash Match? Did Vince even hit a move in this one? Where are they taking the revival of D-X?

World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio - Rey Mysterio - Correct

Would it have happened had Eddie not died? Not necessarily now, but at all. There are going to be people that say this is cheap, and wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Eddie. Nice to see a revival of the West Coast Pop (Y) .

Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle (Playboy Pillow Fight) - Candice Michelle - Incorrect

What the fuck is this doing this far down the card? Or even on the card at all? What a waste of time.

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Triple H - Triple H - Incorrect

Worst. Entrances. Ever. The match however.....atmosphere was great, decent amount of fans on each side.....maybe even the best match of the night.

Predictions: 4/11 Correct
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:32 pm

There are going to be people that say this is cheap, and wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Eddie

That's the reason why I don't want Rey Mysterio to win. Making him win just to play on the sympathies of the fans. Then again, it is about the entertainment factor.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby j.23 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:03 am

Worst. Entrances. Ever. The match however.....atmosphere was great, decent amount of fans on each side.....maybe even the best match of the night.

i disagree. i didn't really like cena's entrance, but triple h's was amazing. loved that king of king's theme (music and attire) that he sported.

biggest highlight of the night for me was HBK bringing out that ginormous ladder and dropping the elbow. i don't know, but that just might be cooler than the wrestlemania 10 splash. gotta love the old hbk.. "i'm going to kick your teeth down your throat" *BAM*! (Y) (Y) (Y)
j.23

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:56 am

koberulz wrote:You sure Ric Flair's injury wasn't legit?

Having read some wrestlings news sites and upon further reflection...I don't know what to think. :P No major injuries have been reported but as you said, he didn't participate much in the match even after he returned. Tough call.

The Eddie Guerrero/Rey Mysterio situation has its merits, but it's not like Mysterio isn't over, and because of his size the underdog story will always be there. Hey, at the very least it's no worse than having JBL suddenly elevated from tag team/mid card status to long reigning WWE champion despite the fact he's as limited as he's always been in the ring.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jugs on Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:22 pm

I reckon it was worth the money (Y)

I enjoyed all matches except the pillow fight and the JBL match. I cant be bothered going over my half-assed predictions but yeah.
My favourite moment was the Mick Foley speared into the table, that was liek woah!
Jugs

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:03 pm

I would have to say it was one of the best Hardcore matches I've seen in a while.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Null17 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:15 am

Just finished watching WM22 a while ago and still watching Raw now. Though the PPV wasn't much but I liked MOST of the results. I like how their handling the feuds for the title right now especially with the people booing Cena nowadays (I'm one of them). RVD winning MITB was the one the made my night. Overall, the card wasn't that good but I liked many of the matches especially some of the cool spots like the tacks and the flaming tables as well as the many ladder spots in the MITB and the HBK/Vince match.
Null17

Postby Yessie on Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:16 am

Yessie wrote:im going with. JBL, Boogeyman,RVD, Mark Henry, the pillow fight will be a win/win no matter whos in it. gotta love them divas in there bra and panties. , Mick Foley, Carlito and Masters, Vince will take out HBK, HHH and Mysterio will win the title. (Y)

Kane and Big Show vs Masters and Carlito- Incorrect

funny part of me being wrong is the dam spirit squad beat the monsters and not masters and carlito :roll:

Money IN the Bank- RVD - Correct

obvious RVD will make a jump to smakdown and take on REY or they could turn Cena Heel. Cena addressed the fans after Raw and looks like they should turn him heel. They keep shoving Cena down everyone's throat and most of us are sick of him as a face anyways, Make him a heel have Cena make a stable and be the perfect heel run will extend his title run 6 more months as a heel.

JBL vs Benoit- correct

had to go with the beer drinker in this one JBL has been awesome as a heel and singles wrestler, come on he loss to the boogeyman he deserves the title after that one. :twisted:

EDGE vs FOLEY- incorrect

Well Edge keeps on winning but i dont see him being in the title picture anytime soon maybe if they do a triple threat match between Cena/HHH/Edge it might work but Cena would win. setting up an Edge vs HHH match in the future

Undertaker vs Henry- incorrect

should have known i cant beleive i pick against the deadman should teach me a lesson. you cant beat the deadman at WM

Booker T vs Boogeyman- Correct

Worms in the mouth while kissing sharmell is an automatic win in my book.. lol good match. :cool:

Mickie James vs Trish Stratus- No pick

i would love to have a threesome with these Divas both have great sets of tits :lol:

Vinny Mac vs HBK- Hella incorrect

why i picked vinny mac i dont know must have been high or something but the war isnt over i expect vinny mac to get his win over HBK in the near future

Orton vs Rey vs Angle- CORRECT!!

Rey is the man. he deserves this title. probably top 5 in my book as most memorable matches at WM this tops eddie's WM win as he was already champion

Torrie Wilson vs Candice Michelle- WE are all winners

i enjoyed this match i was daydreamin through out this whole match. 2 playboys cover girls oh yeah... :twisted:

Cena vs HHH- Incorrect

Cena wins this with an STFU, just turn Cena heel and have him run over hte face's on raw then at summerslam crown RVD as Champ
Xtreme is better then Gangsta :cool:

[/b]
Bizzy Bone-

"Gotta give it on up to the glock glock
Pop pop, better drop when them buckshot blow
The bone in me never no ho, so no creepin up outta the ziplock So sin, sip gin, and lil' mo heart run up, nut up And flipped in."
Yessie

Postby koberulz on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:33 pm

what the fuck are WWE on? Spirit Squad defeats Kane and Big Show? We better get TNA down here quick, cause I can't watch this for much longer. I'd stop, but there's no other wrestling on.
koberulz

Postby Null17 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:27 pm

Well, if you're in Aussieland, which I think you are then I think TNA is getting back to Aussie TV again. I just don't know the details
Null17

Postby koberulz on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:33 pm

yeah, we get a PPV in may. but its a PPV. i only buy one PPV a year, and thats mania. i wont be getting another one this year, they need to pick up the weekly shows, no idea of those plans.
koberulz

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic