Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty - November 2006

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:44 pm

December 16th, 2005
Chicago (121) at Detroit (119)
Gordon's game winner sinks Pistons

[ Boxscore ]

No double overtime was necessary this time. Ben Gordon's 15 foot jumper as time expired gave Chicago its second straight victory over the defending Eastern Conference champions, who fell to 10-10 after tonight's loss. Gordon combined with Shawn Kemp and Tyson Chandler to score 25 of Chicago's 36 fourth quarter points as the Bulls came back after trailing the entire game.

The run began in the closing minutes of the third quarter however. Having fallen behind 88-74 late in the third, the Bulls went with a lineup of Tyson Chandler, Shawn Kemp, Eric Piatkowski, Wesley Person and Jannero Pargo and made an unlikely 11-2 run as Pargo, Piatkowski and Person all hit threes in consecutive trips up the floor. Person nailed another three as time expired but although it appeared to come before the buzzer, it was waved off.

Detroit maintained control during the final quarter but Chicago chipped away at the lead, eventually cutting the deficit to one at 116-115 with less than two minutes remaining. On the next play Chauncey Billups left the game after Shawn Kemp inadvertently hit him in the face while attempting to block a layup. Lindsey Hunter split the two free throws and Shawn Kemp made a layup to tie the game at 117. Chicago played excellent defense forcing Ben Wallace into a three point attempt that missed badly. Andres Nocioni grabbed the rebound and Chicago called timeout with 2.4 seconds left.

After the timeout, Luol Deng found Gordon on the inbound. Gordon spun quickly to the foul line where he was met by Rasheed Wallace. Earlier in the quarter Chicago had salvaged a near-steal by Prince when Gordon nailed a long turnaround three over Sheed to beat the shot clock. Once again, Gordon eluded the taller Wallace and sank the jumper as time expired, giving Chicago the 121-119 victory.

Ben Wallace led all scorers with a career high 27 points, edging his previous high of 26 set against Chicago earlier this year in the Pistons' triple overtime loss. All five Pistons starters scored in double digits but their bench only scored 20 points, less than half the production of the Bulls' bench and two fewer than Tyson Chandler's total for the game. Chandler also had 9 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 blocks.

Coach's Diary
December 16th - Very lucky

As satisfying as the victory over Detroit was, we were lucky. Ben hit a great shot to give us the win and the run in the final two minutes of the third quarter was incredible but that's not the way to win. We haven't been playing our greatest basketball the last few games so we were very fortunate to be able to steal this one away from Detroit. Still, we're leaving the Palace with the victory and while we're still around .500 any win is a good win.

I'm still unsure of what to do with the starting lineup. I'd like to bring Tyson back at centre but it's hard to make any changes in our frontcourt right now. I might wait another couple of games and see which lineups work best. That will give me an idea of the best unit to put out there at the beginning.

December 17th, 2005
Billups to miss time

DETROIT, MI -- The Pistons may be without starting point guard Chauncey Billups for up to two weeks with a broken nose. Billups collided with Shawn Kemp with 1:32 remaining in last night's loss to the Chicago Bulls and was forced to leave the game. Billups has been averaging a team high 21.3 ppg and 7.6 apg in addition to 4.2 rpg and 2.4 spg.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby KIG1 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:47 pm

oo tough break for detroit, but good win (Y)
KIG1

Postby The X on Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:50 pm

great win....it might be luck, but against a team like the Pistons you can take what you get....besides, it took more than luck to keep with them for the rest of the game (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:53 pm

Very kind of you to say. ;) If there's one advantage of trailing in NBA Live, it's that you don't have to deal with the comeback code so the fourth quarter feels like more of a fair battle.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:02 pm

yep, that comeback code has killed me for too long :x
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mark. on Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:14 pm

Good win over a top team, seems like B Gordon is the sophmore sensation this year (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:07 pm

December 17th, 2005
Boston (102) at Chicago (145)
Bulls blow out Celtics in wild game

[ Boxscore ]

After a narrow escape in Detroit last night, the Bulls played as though they were coming off three days' rest rather than a tough back-to-back. Chicago delighted its home crowd as it ran all over the Celtics from start to finish, at times leading by as many as 46 points.

Chris Duhon, starting his second consecutive game in place of the injured Kirk Hinrich, scored 17 of his 33 points in the first quarter as Chicago finished the first twelve minutes up by 11. Though he would be quiet in the second and did not play in the fourth quarter, he again bombarded Boston with 16 points in the third on route to finishing with a new career high in addition to handing out 13 assists.

The surprise of the night was Eric Piatkowski, who connected on five-from-eight from beyond the arc and scored 28 points in just 19 minutes, both season highs. Pike poured in 15 of his 28 in the second quarter. Andres Nocioni also registerd a double double with 20 points and 10 rebounds, also handing out five assists. Tyson Chandler also had a double double with 10 points and 10 rebounds, while Shawn Kemp (10 points, 9 rebounds) and Jannero Pargo (8 points, 9 assists) narrowly missed the double double mark. Ben Gordon, who has been having a standout season thus far, had a solid game with 18 points, 3 rebounds and 5 assists.

Chicago led by 31 at the half and never looked back. Paul Pierce and Ricky Davis combined for 34 points but each picked up two quick fouls in the second half forcing them both to sit with four fouls apiece. Davis played only 19 minutes in the contest. Tony Allen provided a spark off the bench with 15 points, 6 assists and 3 steals but the Celtics got little else from their reserves.

Coach's Diary
December 17th - Wow!

Back-to-backs have been tough on us so far this year. Even though we've managed to win both games in back-to-backs a few times this year the second game has usually been just as tough as the first, usually tougher. But tonight we simply ran the Celtics out of the building and defended our home court, putting on a show for our fans. Better yet, when the momentum started to swing we buckled down and built the lead back up again. There was no way we were relinquishing a 40 point lead.

Great performances everywhere. Ben only scored 18 but he had those 5 assists and defended well against the larger Ricky Davis. Chris had a spectacular game filling in for Kirk. Noce put up those 20 points very quietly and was huge on the boards. Pike just came out of nowhere but we were very glad to have his 28. Shawn and Tyson were great playing less than half the game. Everyone chipped in, even if it doesn't show in the boxscores.

We've got a couple of days rest coming up, hopefully we won't get rusty.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby peaches on Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:50 pm

Very nice write up & win.(Y) I prefer writing recaps like yours, come check out mine..im very welcome to advice. :o
peaches

Postby The X on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:25 pm

huge blowout win there (Y) btw, what's your team's current record?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:31 pm

Peachy. wrote:Very nice write up & win.(Y) I prefer writing recaps like yours, come check out mine..im very welcome to advice. :o

I'll take a look. :)

The X wrote:btw, what's your team's current record?

Just became 13-11. Looks like I won't be equalling 72-10 this year. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:43 pm

Andrew wrote:
The X wrote:btw, what's your team's current record?

Just became 13-11. Looks like I won't be equalling 72-10 this year. :lol:

ahh well, at least it's realistic :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andreas Dahl on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:45 pm

Wow, big win over the Celtics.. Nicely done (y)

Andrew wrote:Just became 13-11. Looks like I won't be equalling 72-10 this year. :lol:
Go for 71-11! :wink:
Andreas Dahl

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:52 pm

The X wrote:ahh well, at least it's realistic :wink:

Absolutely. I'd actually prefer it that way, losses make it more interesting and usually mean the CPU is suitably challenging.

Andreas wrote:Go for 71-11!

58 more consecutive wins, for a streak of 60 including the last two? I'll try but I'm not promising anything! ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:22 am

Wow man that win over Celts was amazing. Nice job in the W against Pistons also.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:25 am

Thanks Thierry. :) I can see where I've been going wrong with previous attempts at game-winners; I've generally attempted threes and the CPU is very seldom generous even when the timing's right and you're wide open, not to mention shooting for the win.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JohnA20 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:07 pm

Nice, was the game winning shot a FFS shot or just a normal jumpshot, because I can't hit game winners with normal jumpshots but hit them most of the time with FFS shots.
JohnA20

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:16 pm

Andrew.. howd u let B Wallace rip u up???
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:29 pm

Most of his points came from offensive boards...which occured because despite my timing and positioning, the CPU likes to reward itself with offensive boards more often than not.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby 3C on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:44 am

Just started following this dynasty. VERY GOOD by the way. Gordon seems to be finding his stroke and the Bulls seem to have his face on their plans for their long term future. Good job getting Kemp and should give you more depth with Curry's absence. Have you been scouting and what sliders are you using because like everyone else I want more realistic game play. :)
3C
3C

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:47 am

Still not happy with my sliders, scores are too high but I'm working on that. I have been scouting, I'll post some of that info soon. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mark. on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:54 am

Andrew wrote:Still not happy with my sliders, scores are too high but I'm working on that. I have been scouting, I'll post some of that info soon.

Firstly Nice win over Boston (Y) If you move upt o SUperstar I think you'll find the scores get more realistic... they did for me anyway, you just gotta stay more focused for the whole game really
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby The X on Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:03 pm

you're not on Superstar level Andrew? :shake: ahh well, I probably could've benefited from starting out at All-Star level too :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:47 pm

Only because last year I found Superstar was simply too frustrating as far as cheating was concerned and it was more realistic to have All-Star difficulty with sliders that kept things challenging. I suppose I'll have to move on up though, especially since it's starting to get easier.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby HonorGlow on Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:20 pm

The moment you've all been waiting for...

...from the Chronicles of the 2006 Birdie Project:(info)

Andrew's Chicago 2005-06 quarter-season Birdie Breakdown:
From 6th man to go-to man, Ben Gordon rocks the court hard as he easily captures
Team MVP honors with a weighted Birdie efficiency score of 24.36 - and his 'reversible' LiveCard is now enabled.

um, you have to start somewhere award:
This Dynasty instance is currently ranked #47 on the Official 2006 Birdie Board

(view entire list here)

The qualifers:
B. Gordon 31.9 ppg (ranks 1st)
S. Kemp 8 rpg (ranks 9th)
K. Hinrich 8 apg (ranks 4th)
K. Hinrich 1.14 spg (ranks 9th)
S. Kemp 0.19 bpg (ranks 10th)
T. Chandler 0.602 field goal% (ranks 3rd)
S. Kemp 0.898 free throw% (ranks 5th)
W. Person 0.383 3 point% (ranks 5th)

Complete 'Birdie Breakdown' coverage AND to see Gordon 's' reversible' Live Card clickhere.

Andrew: Well, first off, it was an honor to compute your Birdie efficiency score and I'm looking forward to seeing you climb the charts as you knock down those penalties down... obviously, your team's scoring average is to be concerned in regards to lowering that penalty. But I'm sure that you've spent time adjusting your sliders since then. Thank Jug-ster for the headshot as I ran into him on IM late one night. (Thank you Jugs!) ...remember to sent me that mid-season stat, okay?!? Just to note, Chandler didn't qualify for the leaderboard in BPG as he only played 13 of 21 games...
HonorGlow

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:26 am

Thanks HG, I'll be sure to keep you posted with the pstats the rest of the way. I'll be bringing the scoring down with my sliders. Love the Livecard, thanks heaps Jugs for helping out with the headshot. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame