Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty - November 2006

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Moop_Moop on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:08 am

Wow.

I've been reading this dynasty for a while now and I figured I'd finally post to say... WOW! This is easily my favorite dynasty.

Anyways, crazy win against the Pistons, and it'll be nice to see if you can catch the playoffs. Go Noce!
"I showed so much passion, I cared about the game so much, I didn't want to lose."
Moop_Moop

Postby Andreas Dahl on Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:01 am

Amazing game and a great win (y)

Nice to see Kemp with such a solid performance, didn't think he still had it in him..
Andreas Dahl

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:55 am

Warriors 13-4 :) Great job in this last games Andrew, congrats on the 19000th (man that's a milestone :P)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:07 pm

Thanks for the comments. :) It sure was a crazy game...a very well earned victory. All the CPU's cheating couldn't get the job done. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mark. on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:49 pm

Some great wins there andrew (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:51 am

December 5th, 2005
Dallas (118) at Chicago (121)
Bulls late rally seals fifth straight

[ Boxscore ]

Chicago's winning ways continued against Dallas after a fourth quarter charge led by Ben Gordon gave them their fifth straight win. Both teams had six players in double digits in the high scoring contest, with Nowitzki and Gordon leading all scorers with 31 apiece.

The game appeared to be heading towards an overtime during the fourth quarter shootout when the Bulls tied the game at 109 with just over three minutes remaining, but with Jason Terry's three pointer giving Dallas a one point advantage the teams began trading the lead on each possession. After a timeout, Gordon made a layup with 23 seconds left to put the Bulls ahead for good. After Nowitzki's 15 foot jumper came up short, the Mavericks sent Andres Nocioni to the foul line where he sank both free throws. With no timeouts remaining Dallas raced up court and found Josh Howard for a three point attempt that was off target.

Coach's Diary
December 5th - Really starting to roll

Tonight was another big win for us. We're up in the top eight in the East, we're a game about .500 and we didn't fold when Dallas took a couple of big leads. I was a lot happier with the scoring distribution compared to the Pistons game. We'll take a win however we can get it but we'll win more this way. I didn't go too deep tonight but I had to go with the lineup that was working almost the whole way. There wasn't much of a window for giving the starters much rest.

This Friday will be a special night. Scottie Pippen's jersey retirement ceremony. I'm looking forward to being a part of such a special occasion. Hopefully we'll be able to cap it off with a win as well. But first we've got the Orlando Magic on the road. They're 3-14 but we can't afford to be complacent.

December 7th, 2005
Chicago (142) at Orlando (145)
Magic snap Bulls' streak

[ Boxscore ]

The Bulls were unable to extend their winning streak to six as the Orlando Magic triumphed in spectacular fashion Wednesday night. Steve Francis scored 31 points including 13 in the fourth quarter as the struggling Magic narrowly avoided blowing a 23 point lead instead holding on to defeat Chicago by three.

Orlando was impressive from start to finish, capitalising on early foul trouble to Ben Gordon and Andres Nocioni. The Magic scored 36 first quarter points and followed up with 42 in the second quarter for an amazing 78 first half points. Chicago would rally in the third quarter and continue their run early in the fourth behind Chris Duhon, who finished with a season high 30 points and 13 assists.

However, Chicago had no answer for Dwight Howard who simply abused the Bulls' big men inside scoring on 18 of his 23 field goal attempts which included an array of powerful dunks. He was also a beast on the boards with 8 of his 11 rebounds coming at the offensive end. Seven players scored in double figures for the Magic led by Howard's 39.

Chicago held the lead for a possession in the fourth quarter but Francis swooped to the hoop for a couple of dunks, drawing a foul for a three point play each time. Forced to foul in the final seconds, Chicago had a chance when Deshawn Stevenson missed a free throw but Nocioni unknowingly called a timeout when the Bulls had none left. Francis sank the technical free throw and the Magic ran out the final two seconds for the victory.

Coach's Diary
December 7th - Stopped in our tracks

Tonight's loss was disappointing, plain and simple. We had a really good run there in the second half and might have taken it if not for a couple of critical turnovers and shooting fouls. But the fact of the matter is Orlando should not have been able to score 78 points in the first half. After the way we were able to stick with teams like Detroit and Dallas, we shouldn't have been run over like that by the Magic.

But, the season is still young and these things will happen. We were able to put together a five game winning streak and we're not doing too badly at .500 given our start to the year. Chris played a fantastic game, I hope we can continue to see great things from him. It's a matter of finding him that 25-30 minutes per game without taking productive minutes away from Ben and Kirk. If it didn't leave us so small, I'd be inclined to run the three of them together more often.

Lakers are up next, with Pip's jersey retirement ceremony at halftime. I'm hoping we make it a great night.

December 9th, 2005
LA Lakers (115) at Chicago (135)
Bulls rout Lakers as Pip is honoured

[ Boxscore ]

It was a night of celebration for Chicago. After retiring Scottie Pippen's famous number 33 at halftime, the Bulls proceeded to dominate the Lakers in the final two quarters emerging with a 135-115 victory. Chris Duhon made his first start of the season and scored 15 points in addition to dishing out 10 assists and grabbing 3 rebounds.

The altered lineup did not appear to be working in the Bulls' favour in the first quarter however. Los Angeles took advantage of having the bigger team by crashing the boards and feeding the post, jumping out to an 18-8 lead early on. The Bulls eventually found their rhythm but Kobe Bryant's 11 first quarter points helped the Lakers maintain a seven point lead at the break. The two teams matched each other's total in the second quarter keeping the deficit at seven.

During the halftime ceremony to honour Pippen, several former Bulls players appeared including Michael Jordan, Dennis Rodman and Horace Grant. Phil Jackson also took part in the festivities and spoke warmly of Pippen's leadership and abilities on the court. Michael Jordan called Pippen his "brother" and lauded his former teammate's accomplishments. Finally, an emotional Pippen addressed the crowd, thanking them for their support. He also praised Jordan and Jaxson, calling Jordan "the greatest ever" and thanking Jackson for helping him be the best Scottie Pippen possible.

Perhaps inspired by the moving ceremony filled with tributes, the Bulls poured in an amazing 50 points in the third quarter, led by Gordon and Kemp with 10 apiece. The Lakers could never quite recover and the starters were pulled with 7 minutes remaining in the fourth as Chicago cruised to an easy 20 point victory. Kobe Bryant led all scorers with 40 points but was unable to get the Lakers back into the game after the third quarter blowout.

Scottie Pippen was honoured at halftime

Pippen's #33 now hangs from the rafters in the United Center

Coach's Diary
December 9th - What a night!

Tonight was extremely gratifying. It was an honour to be a part of Scottie Pippen's special night. It was very emotional to watch his #33 be unveiled alongside Michael Jordan's #23 in the rafters of the United Center. It's difficult to sum up what Pip meant to this franchise back in the 90s in just a few paragraphs. This is a fitting tribute for a great person. It was great to see MJ speak so highly of his former teammate and for Pip to return to the compliment referring to MJ as the greatest to play the game. It was great to see the former Bulls out there honouring Pippen. And the crowd reaction was simply fantastic.

I think we rode that into the third quarter. I couldn't believe it when we scored 50 points but that's just how hot we were. It may not have been pretty the whole way but we got the job done and we avoided any kind of troublesome fourth quarter run by the Lakers in the fourth. Another fine game from Chris, Ben was Ben and it seemed everyone came to play tonight. The experiment with the small lineup was costly in the first quarter though. I'd really like to run that more often but it may be problematic as a starting five. We're just giving up too much size. But I'll definitely run it more often and try to get Chris as much PT as possible. He's really playing well right now.

Shawn scored 20 points VERY quietly tonight. That's been the way all season though. When he scored 28 in the Pistons game he seemed to do so effortlessly and very much under the radar. I think that works to our advantage. Obviously we won't shoot this well every game but I really liked the shot distribution tonight. The Orlando game was a disappointment but it's clear we're not going to let a loss here and there rattle us.

I'm glad we were able to win this one so easily, it's the first of a back-to-back and right now I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we can string a few more wins together. Washington poses an interesting challenge. With Jeffries playing in the backcourt this year we're at a clear size disadvantage. We'll have to try and counteract that with quickness and cunning. The way we've been playing the last couple of weeks, I'm confident we can rise to the occasion.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee Rip on Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:09 pm

damn it was good while it lasted, how u can beat detroit but orlando came outta nowhere, and lakers comes up ahead by 20, but gosh 50 pts in the 3rd incredible but nice try to win, gud luck next gamez (Y)
Dee Rip

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:59 am

Great job there Andrew... high scores.
× Watching:
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:43 am

I know, I'm still trying to bring down the scores. It'd be easy if I reduced the quarter lengths but I prefer to play the 12 minute quarters.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:36 pm

December 10th, 2005
Chicago (127) at Washington (116)
Wizards fall at home

[ Boxscore ]

Washington's fourth quarter run came up short as the Chicago Bulls moved two games above .500 for the first time this season. Chicago once again prevailed with a balanced attack, boasting seven players scoring in double digits led by Ben Gordon's 24. Chris Duhon had another fine game off the bench with 18 points and 9 assists in just 20 minutes.

Chicago led early in the first quarter and held a 10 point advantage at the break. They held the Wizards at bay during the second quarter but fell victim to a ferocious charge led by Gilbert Arenas and Chucky Atkins in the third, leading by only three heading into the fourth quarter. Tough inside defense forced several missed layups by the Bulls allowing the Wizards to recapture the lead.

It would be short lived however. Chicago soon regained their composure and took a seven point lead with four minutes left. The Wizards would not come closer than five the rest of the way, eventually falling 127-116.

December 11th, 2005
Tyson Chandler set to return against Heat

The Chicago Bulls will get a welcome lift when Tyson Chandler returns to the lineup against Shaquille O'Neal and the Miami Heat on Tuesday. Chandler, who has started 12 games for the Bulls this season averaging 13.8 ppg, 11.6 rpg and 2.3 bpg, has missed the last eight contests with a sprained wrist. It is unknown whether he will start upon his return to action.

Chicago placed guard Jannero Pargo on the inactive list to make room for Chandler. Pargo has appeared in 7 games for the Bulls this year averaging 1.3 ppg.

Coach's Diary
December 12th - Challenges ahead, Tyson's return

Another good game against the Wizards. Balanced attack, strong response to their runs and once again a great job of closing out. A couple of days rest and some good news about Tyson; he's ready to go. I'm not sure if I'll start him just yet as Noce and Luol have been playing well and Shawn's done such a great job filling in at centre. I'll see how he performs though. He's said there's no pain and he looked good at practice.

I'm expecting the Miami game to be tough. I have feeling we might be using up a lot of fouls on Shaq and Wade will likely punish us as well. I'm wondering who that third guy will be. J-Will and Toine are scoring in double figures and if their outside shot is falling in addition to Shaq's inside force and Wade's wizardry it's going to be tough. They're 28th in the league in turnovers as well, so we'll likely have to play a near-perfect game to get the better of them right now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:26 pm

December 13th, 2005
Miami (120) at Chicago (115)
Heat spoil Chandler's return

[ Boxscore ]

Tyson Chandler had an impressive return to the Bulls' lineup with 12 points, 11 rebounds and 4 blocks in 31 minutes off the bench but the Heat triumphed 120-115 thanks to 40 points in the fourth quarter, including 17 from Shaquille O'Neal who finished with 41 for the game.

Gerald Fitch started in place of the injured Dwyane Wade, scoring 18 points, grabbing 3 rebounds and handing out 6 assists in 35 minutes. Miami were without Jason Williams for all but 18 minutes due to foul trouble, but J-Will still came up big. He scored 16 points including the three pointer that gave the Heat the lead for good in the final two minutes.

It was O'Neal who punished the Bulls throughout the game though, having his best quarters in the second and fourth, scoring 13 and 17 points respectively. Chandler's presence altered many shots in addition to the four he caught but there was no stopping the Diesel down low. Even though the Bulls once again had 7 players score in double digits they were ultimately unable to overcome Shaq's outburst.

Coach's Diary
December 13th - Tough game

I had forgotten Wade was out with injury. As it turned out the rest of the Heat gave us enough trouble. Tyson looked good out there and gave us a really good 31 minutes but Shaq's just too big, too powerful. We had Shawn on him some of the time and we tried to double as often as possible but when Shaq gets the idea he's going strong to the basket...well, you know the story by now. I would've liked it if we could've put him on the line more often since he was only 3/6 for the game.

We gave up those ten extra points in the fourth though, we really didn't play too badly. A couple of lapses here and there, Shaq being Shaq and a couple of bad plays. That's all it takes to throw a game like this away.

I'm not quite sure what I'll do as far as the starting five is concerned yet. I'm not sure who to have coming off the bench as the spark plug since we've got three guys who can probably fill that role at the moment. I'm thinking I should start Tyson because of the size advantage he gives us. We forced a lot more misses inside when he was on the floor. I might experiment over the next few days to find out which lineup would be best to come out strong at the beginning of the game without leaving the bench too weak.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:15 pm

Forget everything else for a minute as I pay homage to Scottie :bowdown: :bowdown:

although most people never understood at the time, but Scottie was easily my favourite Bulls' player....I even had a Bulls hat with #33 Pippen embroidered on the side....everyone liked this guy named MJ....sure he could jump, sure he could dominate, sure he was clutch, but he wasn't Pip :P

nice homage to him Andrew (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:21 pm

MJ hater! :P Just kidding. Even though MJ's my favourite all-time player, Scottie's an extremely close second. The 90s was a great time to be a Bulls fan, and an NBA fan in general. But I'm developing an affinity for the new crowd too. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jugs on Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:14 pm

Tough loss against teh Heat, nice Pippen tribute (Y)
Jugs

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:40 pm

December 14th, 2005
Chicago (110) at Toronto (119)
Bulls stumble against Raptors

[ Boxscore ]

Chicago dropped its second straight as Toronto finally got the upper hand on their former division rivals. The Bulls have had the advantage, having won every game since the two teams completed a deal during the 2003/2004 season that featured Jalen Rose and Antonio Davis at the forefront.

The Bulls may have more to worry about than the loss however. Kirk Hinrich left the court during the third quarter after a collision with Chris Bosh and appeared to be in great pain. Although he would return, he was clearly still bothered by pain and was unable to spark a run for the Bulls, who dropped a three point lead heading into the fourth and were out of sync throughout the final six minutes. Toronto took advantage and closed out strong taking the game 119-110.

The Raptors played only 7 players and relied heavily on its starting lineup, all of whom played more than 40 minutes. Jalen Rose burned his former team throughout the game finishing with a season high 39 points. Chris Bosh had 12 points and 9 rebounds in the fourth quarter alone, totalling 30 points and 20 rebounds on the night. Rookie guard Jose Calderon scored 22 points and dished out 9 assists. He also hit a three from his own backcourt to close the second quarter.

For Chicago, six players scored in double figures but they were outscored 37-25 in the final quarter. Ben Gordon led the way with 26 points. Tyson Chandler had 18 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks in his second game back from injury.

December 15th, 2005
Bulls guard to miss up to two weeks

CHICAGO, IL -- Bulls starting point guard Kirk Hinrich is expected to miss up to two weeks with an injury to his neck and shoulders. Hinrich was shaken up on a collision with the Raptors' Chris Bosh in Chicago's 119-110 loss to Toronto last night. Hinrich is suffering from neck spasms and discomfort in his shoulders. While the injury isn't as severe as first thought, Hinrich will not be available for action until the Bulls face Cleveland on Boxing Day.

Kirk Hinrich has started all 22 games so far for the Bulls. He is averaging 15 ppg, second best on the team, in addition to 2.4 rpg, a team high 1.27 spg and 8.1 apg, fourth best in the league. He led the league in November with an average of 9.4 assists per game. Jannero Pargo will replace Hinrich on the active roster.

Coach's Diary
December 15th - Not so good

Tyson's return hasn't gone so well so far but it's hardly his fault. We've just not played well when we need to the most in these last couple of games. The stats are there but the stops are not, and the shots aren't falling when we need them. We had some very lacklustre stretches against the Raptors and we did little to stop the bleeding.

We got some bad news after the game about Kirk's injury. Even though he played through it, he's not in great shape right now. He's suffering from neck spasms and a lot of pain in his shoulders from that collision from Bosh. Chances are he'll miss up two weeks. The way Chris has been playing lately he should be able to step up but we'll still miss Kirk.

Tough times ahead.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee Rip on Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:34 pm

Kirk Hinrich's injured HA! i mean wow, lol good luck playing 2 weeks without your playmaker, and terrible loss.
Dee Rip

Postby Moop_Moop on Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:00 am

Dee Rip wrote:Kirk Hinrich's injured HA! i mean wow, lol good luck playing 2 weeks without your playmaker, and terrible loss.

Chris Duhon. He's been playing great lately, and I think he can easily fill the void. This also gives some other guys a chance because you'll need to make up for that lost scoring.

This is looking great.
"I showed so much passion, I cared about the game so much, I didn't want to lose."
Moop_Moop

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:15 pm

Dee Rip wrote:Kirk Hinrich's injured HA! i mean wow, lol good luck playing 2 weeks without your playmaker, and terrible loss.

I probably shouldn't have even played that game, I had other things on my mind...I pretty much deserved to lose that one, the way I was playing I should've lost by a lot more. Hinrich's injury will at least make things interesting. I've found ways of using Duhon more effectively though so it might not be so bad.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mark. on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:51 pm

Gutted boutthe injury, but its a chance to give other players a chance
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:08 pm

I'm not sure about having Pargo being the first option backing up point guard...I've played Gordon at point guard in spurts but I need him to be fresh and foul trouble is an issue as well. Not much I can do, no cheap point guards available and it's not really worth making a trade for a five game stretch. Still, wouldn't hurt to have some more depth there anyway.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:03 am

Andrew wrote:It'd be easy if I reduced the quarter lengths but I prefer to play the 12 minute quarters.

Yeah me too, I only play 12 minute quarters only. Nice job in the last games. (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Anthony15 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:06 am

Tough losses there, even though I think u could have won against the raps!
Anthony15

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:55 am

I really should've won that game, I played rather poorly. Can't even blame the comeback code for that one, my head just wasn't in the game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby wade4325 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:50 am

sorry if i missed them. hav u posted your sliders yet?
wade4325

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:33 pm

No, I haven't.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame