Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty - November 2006

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Ruff Ryder on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:53 am

Wooooooooah! When you said career high I was expecting around 45 or so. :o

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:39 am

60?!?!?!? Good one.
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby Anthony15 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:02 am

wow!! 60 Points is very good :shock:
Anthony15

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:11 am

It came fairly effortlessly, too. I don't plan on doing that every game but when I need the points, I know where to go. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BOSS on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:16 am

Holy.
Alot of people are gettin some sick career high numbers.
Props to him. Good luck next game.
BOSS

Postby jordan23bond007 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:19 am

nice win. gordon's 60 point performance is great.

as for the trade.

i do'nt like to see chandler leaving co'z he is doing great. i think he's averaging double double.

plus he's an inside stopper. you need him down low.
jordan23bond007

Postby Andreas Dahl on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:43 am

Damn Gordon was on fire that game :shock: Great game, great recap, great everything... (y)
Andreas Dahl

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:15 am

Wow 60... nice job.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:33 pm

November 26th, 2005
Chicago (117) at Houston (120)
Wesley's game winner tames Bulls

[ Boxscore ]

In a furious finish, David Wesley drilled a three pointer from the right elbow with 1.3 seconds left to give the hometown Houston Rockets a 120-117 victory over the Chicago Bulls. Ben Gordon, fresh off a 60 point outburst against defending champions San Antonio, scored 35 points and had 14 assists with just one turnover in 38 minutes but his three point attempt at the buzzer caught the back of the rim.

The end of the game was not without controversy. With the Rockets up 117-115, Shawn Kemp got the ball down low for the Bulls and went up for a layup. Yao Ming appeared to flop in the no-charge area, but Kemp was whistled for an offensive foul, bringing the Bulls' irate coach Andrew Begley to his feet. After Gordon managed to tie the game on a couple of free throws, the Rockets used their last timeout and found Wesley, who nailed a difficult three pointer over Gordon.

Chicago also suffered a blow as Tyson Chandler injured his wrist attempting to block a dunk by Yao in the third quarter. He returned in the fourth quarter but was in visible pain and picked up two quick fouls before leaving the game for good. X-rays were negative but it is expected he will miss some time with the injury.

The controversial offensive foul on Kemp

November 27th
Bulls coach fined for comments

CHICAGO, IL -- Andrew Begley has been fined $10,000 for his outburst during the fourth quarter of last night's 117-120 loss to the Houston Rockets played in Houston, Texas. Begley was clearly upset with a foul call on Shawn Kemp after drawing contact with Yao Ming in the no-charge area under the basket on a layup attempt. Begley's tirade continued in the post-game press conference where he again criticised the decision.

"Honestly, there's no reason for the no-charge zone if they're not gonna call anything," Begley remarked. "What had been a fine, competitive game has been marred by a serious error in judgement. I don't want to take anything away from David Wesley. He made a very difficult shot and the Rockets earned their victory. But I still feel we weren't given a fair ruling on that play."

Begley is not expected to be suspended for his comments.

November 27th
Bulls lose Chandler for two weeks

CHICAGO, IL -- More bad news for the Chicago Bulls as starting centre Tyson Chandler is expected to miss up to two weeks with a badly sprained right wrist. The injury occurred when Chandler attempted to block a dunk by Yao Ming in the third quarter of the Bulls' loss to the Houston Rockets last night. He would return briefly in the fourth but was clearly bothered by the pain in his wrist and committed two quick fouls before being taken out.

The Bulls have activated Othella Harrington and placed Chandler on the inactive list. Chicago also activated Eric Piatkowski and Malik Allen and placed Jake Voskuhl and Jannero Pargo on the inactive list. It is not known who will start in place of Chandler.

Chandler, in his fifth season with the Bulls after being drafted second overall in 2001 by the Los Angeles Clippers and acquired in a trade for Elton Brand is averaging 13.8 ppg, 11.6 rpg and 2.25 bpg starting all 12 games for the 4-8 Bulls this season.

Coach's Diary
November 27th - Tough break

The first thing I did today was apologise to the team for my outburst. Even though we all felt robbed, I have to maintain a cool head out there. Unfortunately a loss like that stings, because we were in control late and blew a couple of opportunities that let them come back and take that 117-115 lead...then David Wesley buried that trey. I also felt like Ben might have been hacked on that last three but I think I've got into enough trouble for my words already.

But we can't dwell on it too long. We're already looking ahead to the Magic, who we'll meet up with on the 29th. Francis is going to make that a tough matchup but I think Ben is up to the challenge.

Losing Tyson is a huge blow. I'm not sure who I'll start in his place yet, but I'm thinking I'll move Shawn over to centre and bring Noce into the starting five. I'm hoping Mike and Darius can give us some productive minutes off the bench. I've also brought Eric and Othella back onto the active list.

Orlando awaits. It's going to be refreshing to play at home again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dada on Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:10 pm

Tough loss man.

Is that $10,000 going to charity?
dada

Postby peaches on Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:16 pm

Good recap there but tough loss. I rather the dynasties that have more writing in them rather then overloaded with screens. Gordon's getting on a roll :D Good luck, nxt game. (y)
peaches

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:04 pm

dadamafia wrote:Is that $10,000 going to charity?

Sure, why not? ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Num33Baller on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:07 pm

nice... tough loss though. The false no charge area ticks me off too... I got picked up with chandler against nash down there... =\
Num33Baller

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:44 pm

I have to admit, I've probably had it work in my favour sometimes too. But with the advantages the CPU can afford itself, it kind of breaks even.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:42 pm

Been waiting a couple of days to post this now...

November 29th, 2005
Orlando (96) at Chicago (126)
Bulls celebrate return to Chicago with impressive victory

[ Boxscore ]

Returning to play on their home floor seems to have worked for the struggling Bulls, who last week lost to the Houston Rockets in the final seconds. Against the Magic, the Bulls looked determined to prevent another losing streak with tough defense and sharp execution at the offensive end. Chicago kept up the pace throughout and withstood a third quarter run to capture the win in their largest margin of victory, 126-96.

Playing without Tyson Chandler, the Bulls got a scare when Andres Nocioni, making his first start of the season, was forced to leave the game in the third quarter holding his elbow. Nocioni however would return in the fourth and did not appear to show any ill effects from the earlier collision. He combined with Shawn Kemp to score 37 points and grab 12 rebounds in an impressive showing for the frontcourt duo. Mike Sweetney also scored 11 points and snared 6 boards playing more minutes in Chandler's absence.

Steve Francis, Dwight Howard and Grant Hill all scored more than 20 points and behind Hill's 10 third quarter points, the Magic seemed to be in position to make an unthinkable comeback heading into the fourth. The Bulls had led by as many as 24 points during the first three quarters, but Orlando managed to whittle the lead down to 12 halfway through the fourth. Chicago was not about to give in though and pulled ahead as Ben Gordon scored 19 of his 40 points in the final period. He also handed out 10 assists, his second straight game with more than 35 points and 10 or more assists. Kirk Hinrich led Chicago with 12 assists to go along with 10 points.

Coach's Diary
November 29th - The dream game

Tonight was the kind of win we needed, our first blowout victory of the year. I was much, much happier with our defense tonight. Francis scored 23 but we made him work for it. Hill and Howard had an easier time but I still feel we did a tremendous job limiting the rest of the Magic. I was very pleased with our offense as well. We had trouble in spots but Orlando were determined not to be embarrassed. It did feel like it might be a close one but then came that last explosion. When Ben started nailing those threes, you could tell it took the wind right out of their sails. They stopped attacking and started going through the motions.

Even though Ben was at the front again, I was pleased to see our other guys playing so well. Shawn and Noce were big for us. Mike I thought played great in the 22 minutes he was on the floor. Wes very quietly found his way into double figures with perfect shooting and I liked what Darius did in the few minutes he was on the floor.

The important thing now is to keep this up. We're now 5-8 and looking better than we have done but we're yet to win two in a row. Tomorrow we play the Knicks in New York but if we play like we did tonight I think we might just break that trend.

November 30th, 2005
Nocioni shaken up but won't miss time

CHICAGO, IL -- For a moment it looked like the Bulls would lose another key player last night when Andres Nocioni left the game during the third quarter holding his left elbow after a hard fall in a collision with Steve Francis. The second year forward would return in the fourth quarter however and did not appear to be in any pain as he finished with 18 points and 6 rebounds in the Bulls' 126-96 rout of the Orlando Magic. He is not expected to miss any time and will be available when the Bulls take on the Knicks tonight in New York.

Nocioni is averaging 12.3 ppg and 7.5 rpg in 13 games for Chicago this season. He was signed as a rookie free agent in the Summer of 2004 after teaming with the Spurs' Manu Ginobili to capture gold for Argentina at the Athens Olympics.

November 30th, 2005
Chicago (130) at New York (114)
Bulls make it two in a row

[ Boxscore ]

Ben Gordon scored 34 points, including 24 in the third quarter as Chicago pummeled the Knicks to win two straight for the first time this season. In the first quarter it looked as though Chicago would mimic their performance against the Orlando Magic a night earlier but the Knicks were not ready to concede defeat to early. Led by Quentin Richardson's 17 first half points, New York burned Chicago in the second outscoring them 35-23 despite Stephon Marbury sitting out due to early foul trouble.

Jamal Crawford caught fire during the third, scorching the Bulls from the perimeter and on quick forays to the hoop. Chicago struggled at times but did not look panicked. Gordon, who has been developing a reputation for late game heroics since being drafted by Chicago in 2004 and fresh off a 19 point fourth quarter against the Magic, led a 39 point third quarter for the Bulls with 24 as they charged back and took the lead by the end of the period.

Obviously mindful of the run Orlando made at the beginning of the fourth, the Bulls entered the final quarter full of energy, aggressively pressing and making it difficult for the Knicks to even cross midcourt, once forcing Marbury to step out of bounds during the first couple of minutes. Luol Deng, who had been struggling the last two weeks, scored at will finishing with 19 points in his first game as a reserve this season. Crawford would finish with 31 points but the game had been decided by the six minute mark. With three minutes remaining the Bulls cleared their bench, cruising to an easy 130-114 victory.

Coach's Diary
November 30th - On the right track?

It wasn't as dominant as the last game, but we performed well when we needed to and ended up with another easy victory. I was amazed how little energy the Knicks had in that final quarter. I guess they ran out of steam by the end of the third, when we started to take over again. They were pounding us for a while there, even if the deficit wasn't too bad most of the time. Our defense wasn't as good in this one but our offense more than made up for it. I can live with that. I'd rather see our D get much better but so long as we can simply outscore our opponents that will work for the meantime.

Luol played a fine game off the bench, leaving me wondering whether he's coming out of his slump and should be back in the starting lineup soon, or whether he'll be more effective off the bench. Mike responded very well to getting the starting nod so I'm not sure I'll make a change just yet. Noce was again huge with 19 and 6. He's doing well at both forward spots.

We've finished November on a high note, winning three of our last four including a couple of routs and the victory over the Spurs. I'm hesitant to say we're on the right track but it's looking a lot better for us. It's important we find a way to win while we're down a starter so we can come out even stronger when Tyson returns. Chances are he might be out a little longer than the original estimate of two weeks.

December 1st, 2005
Sixers' guard out with back spasms

PHILADELPHIA, PA -- According to Sixers' team doctors, Andre Iguodala is expected to miss up to two weeks with a back injury. Iguodala has been suffering from back spasms after an awkward fall during a practice session. He managed to play 38 minutes in the Sixers' 90-89 victory over the Boston Celtics scoring 14 points but looked uncomfortable and was reportedly in a lot of pain after the game.

Iguodala has been averaging 17.6 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.5 apg and a sixth-best 2.31 spg so far this season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:19 am

Nice wins Andrew (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:50 am

November 2005 Recap

Chicago Bulls Stats
Record: 6-8 (Fifth, Central)

December 1st, 2005
Bogut, Paul named Rookies of the Month

The Milwaukee Bucks' Andrew Bogut has been named the Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month after averaging 15.1 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 4.1 apg and 1.64 bpg during the month of November. The Australian native was drafted first overall by the Bucks after a standout career with the Utah Utes.

Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets garnered Western Conference Player of the Month honours after posting averages of 15.1 ppg, 3.5 rpg and 4.9 apg. Paul was selected fourth overall out of Wake Forest in this June's draft and leads all rookies in steals with an average of 1.86 per game.

December 1st, 2005
McGrady and James tops in November

LeBron James took home Eastern Conference Player of the Month honours for November, while Tracy McGrady was the best in the West. James averaged an amazing line of 29.5 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 6.7 apg, 1.29 bpg and 2.57 spg while leading the Cleveland Cavaliers to a 12-2 record. McGrady's Rockets were 9-6 as he averaged an impressive 29.9 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 6.6 apg and 2.13 spg. T-Mac and LeBron rank second and third respectively on the scoring leaders chart this season behind Ben Gordon at 32.1 ppg.

League Leaders

Rebounds

Assists

Blocks

Steals

Field Goal %

Three Point %

Free Throw %

Minutes

Standings

Pacific

Northwest

Southwest

Atlantic

Central

Pacific
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Blasphemy on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:52 am

Gordens a beast. Nice dynasty so far (Y)
Blasphemy

Postby Dee Rip on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:56 am

Love the dynasty and love the league leader screens, ur last in central standings, have to change that hope ya do.
Dee Rip

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:58 pm

Another update. :)

December 2nd, 2005
Chicago (104) at Boston (88)
Bulls continue to roll

[ Boxscore ]

Ben Gordon and the Chicago Bulls appear to be finding their way after a rough start to the season. The second year guard scored 32 points including 10 in the final quarter to give Chicago its third straight win in convincing fashion. The Bulls captured the lead late in the first quarter and would not trail again.

The Celtics were bothered throughout the game by foul trouble. Both Ricky Davis and Paul Pierce picked up two quick fouls in the first half and were forced to take a seat. Boston's reserves performed admirably, answering a Bulls run in the second quarter to cut the deficit to two with under a minute left. However, Gordon nailed a three pointer at the halftime buzzer to give Chicago a five point advantage at the break.

Davis returned in the second half and looked to make up for lost time. Held scoreless in the first half, he scored 12 points in the third but the Celtics fell further behind as the Bulls found themselves getting a lift from Andres Nocioni, who finished with 14 points. Davis did however throw down two monstrous dunks over Shawn Kemp which caused a buzz in the Boston crowd.

But the Celtics would be unable to close the gap in the third as Gordon returned to cap off a splendid game in which he also had 4 rebounds and 6 assists without a single turnover. Pierce finished with 18 points on 9/23 shooting as Boston dropped its second straight game.

Ricky Davis soars over Kemp for the slam

Coach's Diary
December 2nd - Coming together

I still wouldn't deem it a perfect game but this contest might have been the best so far. Ben shot well and led us with 32 but the attack still felt much more balanced at least amongst the starting five. Even though the last two games have been prolific shootouts where we've gunned down our opponents this felt like a truly fine performance because of the way we managed to hold the Celtics down. I felt we responded very well defensively when they tried to make their runs in the second half.

I'd still like to find a way to get Luol involved more offensively. He had ten attempts but a few of them were quite tough. We were happy with his contribution of 7 points and 7 boards. I'd also like to find a way for Chris to be more effective, I know he's better than his numbers indicate. Mike had a nice game and Shawn was a turnover away from a perfect 30 minutes on the floor.

We were joking about Ricky's dunks after the game. Shawn commented than ten years ago he would've been on the good side of the poster. I suggested that ten years ago he might have been able to get into the stratosphere and block the attempts. He laughed. It's good to see Shawn enjoying the game again. I know this year has been very gratifying for him so far.

Bad news about Tyson though. Seems like the initial prognosis was somewhat optimistic, he's expected to be back later than we originally thought. Hopefully we'll be able to get by without him until he's ready to return.

Detroit's up next. Word is they'll be without Sheed though so we might have caught a break there. That will be a real test for us but after the win over the Spurs a couple of weeks back it would seem nothing is impossible for us at the moment.

December 3rd, 2005
Trio of Eastern forwards to miss time

In a wave of misfortune, Detroit, Indiana and Philadelphia will all be without their starting power forwards.

The Pistons' Rasheed Wallace is expected to miss a week with a strained achilles tendon. Sheed has been averaging 15 ppg, 8.4 rpg and 2.2 bpg so far this season but the Pistons have struggled, going 7-7 so far this season after losing to the Spurs 4-3 in the 2005 NBA Finals.

Indiana suffered a huge blow when it was announced that Jermaine O'Neal may miss up to a month with a broken toe. O'Neal, averaging 26.5 ppg, 10.9 rpg and 2.3 bpg so far this season, missed more than 30 games last year for his involvement in the brawl in the Pacers/Pistons game last November as well a shoulder injury. Indiana has a record of 8-7 so far this season.

Chris Webber is also expected to miss up to two weeks with a broken finger. Philadelphia is already shorthanded having lost Andre Iguodala to back problems earlier this year. Webber has posted numbers of 18.4 ppg, 9.7 rpg and 4.4 apg in 17 contests this season. Philadelphia is atop the Atlantic Division at 10-7.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Blasphemy on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:00 pm

Nice win, Gordan did great. Keep up this dynasty.
Blasphemy

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:48 pm

I'm getting back into it (finally), should hopefully be able to keep up the thread a bit more. Once you get 10 games into the season it starts to get more interesting, the slow start has given me a challenge that I haven't always had so that helps as well.

(19000th post, by the way. :))
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Gator on Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:02 pm

Wow, amazing work! Congrats on the 19000. :chug:
Gator

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:56 pm

December 3rd, 2005
Detroit (150) at Chicago (153) 2OT
Bulls survive in double OT thriller

[ Boxscore ]

Somehow, someway, the Chicago Bulls found a way to topple the Detroit Pistons and defend their homecourt. After opening the first quarter with an impressive 34-15 effort against the defending Eastern Conference champions, the Bulls lost their touch and saw their lead dwindle to single digits. Chauncey Billups gave the Pistons the halftime lead and after a 41-31 outburst in the third, Detroit appeared to have the game well in hand. In reality, it was only beginning.

Chicago mounted a furious fourth quarter surge behind Ben Gordon and Andres Nocioni, who became the tenth pair of teammates to score 40 or more points in the same game. Nocioni's career high 44 and Gordon's 46 also topped the mark set almost ten years ago by Michael Jordan (44) and Scottie Pippen (40) during the Bulls' historic 1996 season. Gordon scored 16 of his 46 in the fourth and Nocioni chipped in 12 including the dunk that knotted the game at 108.

On the next play, Billups nailed a three pointer but Ben Gordon answered with a trey of his own at the other end to tie it up at 111. After the game reached a tie at 117, the Pistons had the final shot but Hamilton's attempt was short, leading to the first overtime.

Chicago appeared to have control early but the Pistons quickly rallied and the teams engaged in a shootout throughout the extra period. With the score tied at 133 the Bulls held for a final possession after collecting the defensive rebound and calling timeout with 22.5 seconds left. Detroit's defense was unyielding however and Gordon's three pointer missed hard off the back of the rim sending the game into a second overtime.

Weariness appeared to be setting in for the Bulls as they struggled early in the second overtime and it looked as though the Pistons may finally prevail. Once again it was basket for basket maintaining the tie until Billups hit a three to give the Pistons a 142-141 advantage. Both teams continued to answer the call until finally the Bulls led 151-150 with 8.8 seconds left.

Detroit called a timeout and found Tayshaun Prince, but he rushed his release and the shot missed to the right. The Pistons had been relentless on the boards all game, outrebounding Chicago by 9 for the game and coming up with 20 offensive boards. This time, veteran Shawn Kemp came up with the key defensive rebound for the Bulls forcing the Pistons to commit the intentional. Kemp then made both free throws finishing with a season high 28 points. With no timeouts remaining the Pistons failed to attempt a final shot, allowing Bulls players and fans alike to breathe a collective sigh of relief as Chicago finally emerged victorious 153-150.

Nocioni dunks for the tie in the fourth quarter

Coach's Diary
December 3rd - Exhausting

Now that was a marathon game, especially at the end as we weren't subbing much. This is our hardest earned victory...I'm not sure about it being the most enjoyable but we sure earned it. Chris did a great job playing the entire fourth quarter and the first overtime. I knew it was a risk bringing Kirk in cold but I felt we needed the extra scorer out there.

Ben and Noce are the real heroes though. Their combined 90 points is simply amazing. Truth be told, I preferred the way in which we won the last game (against Boston) but we needed every single one of those 90 points tonight. That was crazy.

I couldn't believe our luck after we blitzed the Pistons in the first quarter. Part of me thought it might turn out to be a pretty easy game after all but they haven't made the Finals the last two years by accident. They made us work for everything after that first quarter. Dyess stepped into the starting lineup and simply burned us for 34 points in addition to abusing on the boards with 14 rebounds.

A lot of skill and a lot of luck. That's what won this game for us. But since we've got the win, now we can enjoy it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JohnA20 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:11 pm

Nice match, that was awesome
JohnA20

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame