Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty - November 2006

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:06 pm

Then bring back The Worm for a 10 day contract (Y)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:07 pm

He's too busy with his committments to British Celebrity Big Brother. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jordan23bond007 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:03 pm

Sit wrote:Then bring back The Worm for a 10 day contract (Y)

yeah. quite interesting.

lets wait after the Big Brother. maybe he'll sign Dennis.

MJ in bulls uniform... great but i agree it would be really an easy dynasty. i have a dynasty right now with jordan added to the bulls lineup. im in the 2nd season in playoffs. mj is just great having 2 mvp's 2 defensive player award 1 finals mvp(on going for the next 36.8ppg playoffs. already in the east finals against cavs) and a rookie of the year.(in my 1st season i made him rookie and 18 years old. so he finished mvp ROY Defensive player of the year and finals MVP).

and its really easy winning coach of the year award.

maybe bring him back as a coach would be nice..

BTW nice win Andrew. and the scores were realistic. maybe you played great defense all through out the game.
jordan23bond007

Postby DREeaZy06 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:17 pm

yea i like you trying to keep it realistic

now bringin back the Worm would be gREAT lol

rodman is crazy enough to do it and skiles loves defense

cant wait for ur next recap
KNICKS Dynasty
DREeaZy06

Postby JohnA20 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:35 pm

I know, MJ as the coach (Y) . You've got reason to get a new coach because of your dissapointing start to the season.

lol, i'm going overboard with MJ, but it would be cool for him to be in the game.
JohnA20

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:25 pm

That's one possibility I guess. I might consider that, move back into the front office.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jugs on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:32 pm

Even better, an assistant coach 8-)
Jugs

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:54 pm

That could work too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby lakr_luvr on Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:42 am

Even BG's personal trainer... :wink: teach him how to be unstoppable...
Click for my Lakers dynasty!
-------------------------------------------------------
Do you think you're a good person? If so, are you good enough to get to heaven? Clickhere to find out!
lakr_luvr

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:44 pm

I was planning to do my own take on the Pippen retirement ceremony when that rolls around in the schedule.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jordan23bond007 on Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:09 pm

sounds interesting andrew.. i'll be waiting for that.
jordan23bond007

Postby Dean on Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:24 pm

Awesome dynasty so far.

Could you post your sliders please? your games look really realistic, and i want that in my games.
Dean
"Wait, this isn't like the time that you bought a hamster, named it virginity, and then lost it?"

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:18 pm

They're just about ready to post I'd say. Next time I play, I'll write them up.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Unrestrict3D on Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:20 pm

Andrew wrote:They're just about ready to post I'd say. Next time I play, I'll write them up.

Oh great, time for my dynasty to go on a losing streak. :lol: I've been using Playmaker's sliders and I've had a relatively easy season thus far (12-1) with two or three games that I could've/should've lost but fortunately I was able to produce under pressure at the end of the game.

Nice dynasty, very nice dynasty you've got going here. ;)
Unrestrict3D

Postby YoyoYoshi on Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:31 am

Andrew wrote:They're just about ready to post I'd say. Next time I play, I'll write them up.

That'd be great!
YoyoYoshi

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:50 pm

November 20th, 2005
Chicago (103) at LA Lakers (111)
Lakers defend home court

[ Boxscore ]

Kobe Bryant scored an easy 24 points on 10/18 shooting as the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Chicago Bulls 111-103. The Bulls, who had been plagued by foul trouble all night long, got a season best 12 points and 10 assists from reserve guard Chris Duhon who led a third quarter run that had his team up by one heading into the fourth. The Lakers however would not be denied on their home floor, outscoring Chicago 31-22 in the final period to secure the win.

The Lakers had a balanced attack, with five players scoring in double digits including 14 by Luke Walton off the bench. Kwame Brown also saw productive minutes starting at centre, scoring 9 points and grabbing 15 rebounds. Smush Parker struggled from the field but still came up with 16 points, in addition to handing out 9 assists and snaring 5 rebounds.

Chicago trailed at the end of the first two quarters, but captured the lead during a furious third quarter in which they outscored Los Angeles 34-28. Duhon, seeing more playing time as Gordon sat with foul trouble, led the Bulls attack scoring all 12 of his points in the period as well as handing out 8 of his 10 assists. His late steal also led to a fast break basket that gave Chicago the lead at the end of the third.

But the lead would be short lived. The Lakers opened the quarter with five easy points and never trailed again. A late burst as the Bulls found themselves in the penalty allowed Los Angeles to seal the victory with three minutes remaining. A wild Staples Center crowd alternated between chants of "Kobe!" and "M-V-P!" every time the star guard touched the ball in the final quarter.

November 21st, 2005
AI, Flash to miss time

Star guard Allen Iverson is expected to be sidelined a week with a lower back strain, sustained in the Sixers' 99-90 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers last night. Iverson had 22 points and 9 assists before leaving the game in visible pain. He did not return. Third year sensation Dwyane Wade is also expected to miss up to two weeks with an injured calf muscle. Wade came up limping in the third quarter of the Miami Heat's 103-84 victory over the Toronto Raptors. He returned for three minutes in the fourth but was clearly in pain, exiting the game with 6:47 remaining.

Coach's Diary
November 21st - It might be time

Last night's collapse might just be the last straw. I think it's time to start looking at Plan B. Our defense was awful, we gave up 23 offensive boards and even though we shot over 50% for the game, we couldn't make our shots when we needed them the most. It's time for a few changes to be made. I know it's only 10 games in, but I expected us to be much better even at this early stage of the season. It's time to explore other options.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Unrestrict3D on Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:57 pm

Tough loss, good luck next game. ;)
Unrestrict3D

Postby jordan23bond007 on Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:25 pm

tough loss.
gordon played only 23 mins, yet scored 19 points. he's playing a good game , but the fouls (N). you could have won that if gordon is not into foul trouble.
good luck next game.

i think you need a decent backup center. your backups did not score. jake and mike (N)
jordan23bond007

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:54 pm

Agreed, I'm getting killed when Chandler goes out of the game...and I need Kemp at power forward alongside him. The fouls did hurt, no question.

November 21st
Trade rumours swirling in Windy City
by Samuel Smythe

Ten games into the season and with a 3-7 start, Chicago may be looking to make a deal. Rumours are running rampant that the Bulls will send Tyson Chandler, Chris Duhon and Jannero Pargo to Indiana in exchange for disgruntled forward Ron Artest, Scot Pollard and Samaki Walker. The Bulls have denied talks have taken place, so you know what that means. There's a chance we'll see a trade announced within the next few days.

Bringing in Artest would give the Bulls a fantastic defender and capable scorer, but also a monumental headcase. Let's also not forget the rust that remains after his 73 game suspension, not to mention the fact he's yet to play this year after demanding a trade in the offseason. But the risk might be one the Bulls have to take. Defense has not been their strong point so far this season and while Chandler is playing up to his contract so far, the Bulls are deep in the frontcourt with the offseason signings of Shawn Kemp and Darius Songaila. Andres Nocioni has also been seeing some decent minutes at power forward. It wouldn't surprise me to see Kemp slide over to centre and Noce jump into the starting five. The downside is that the deal leaves the Bulls without a backup point guard. If the deal goes down, expect Chicago to pursue another deal to shore up their bench or perhaps find some cheap help elsewhere.

Why does Indiana do it? They can rid themselves of the headache Artest has become, which surely is reaching migraine proportions for Larry Bird and Rick Carlisle. They can also cast off Pollard's salary and throw in Walker for a couple of up and coming players and an enigma in Pargo. Since Artest and the Pacers have become used to the idea he will no longer be a Pacer, the price is smaller than it appears.

Chicago would probably prefer to give up Deng, who has been struggling lately. Ideally, they would swap Sweetney and Songaila for the 2004 Defensive Player of the Year but it's unlikely they'll pull a fast one on Larry Legend. Even in disgrace and surrounded by question marks, Ron Artest will not be moved for a couple of players who can't even get consistent playing time on a struggling team. The only other options are Gordon and Hinrich, and it seems both are untouchable.

There are also rumours the Bulls are pursuing Andre Iguodala of the Philadelphia Sixers. Sixers GM Billy Knight denied Iguodala was on the trading block and maintains he is a big part of their future plans. Chicago may be wasting their time with Philadelphia. In Indiana, they have a team willing to get rid of a malcontent. They're not going to pry Iggy away with chump change.

The Bulls have four days before their next game, against the defending champion San Antonio Spurs. We may see a very different lineup when they take to the court November 25th.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andreas Dahl on Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:40 pm

Sounds like two nice trade possibilities. I personally wouldn't trade for Artest, but that's only because of my personal opinion of him; but as a basketball, player he's great (as long as he doesn't go nuts which he has a tendancie to do). Interesting to see which way you'll go :)
Andreas Dahl

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:08 pm

November 25th, 2005
Chicago (122) at San Antonio (116)
Gordon erupts for career high 60 points in triumph over Spurs

[ Boxscore ]

Ben Gordon has had some fine performances so far this season, many of them in tough Chicago losses. But there was no denying the up and coming Bulls guard against the defending champion San Antonio Spurs. Scoreless in the first quarter, Gordon posted 30 points - two more than his average - in the second quarter shooting a blistering 6/9 from downtown.

While he would cool down in the second half, dropping to 8/19 from beyond the arc by the final buzzer, he still found a way to pile in the points with midrange jumpers and some impressive forays to the hoop. As he hit his fourth free throw of the night to seal the game, he also put the lid on a new career high of 60 points, the highest output in the league so far this season.

The two teams battled back and forth early with Chicago gaining the advantage after one. But San Antonio opened the second with a 7-0 run to take the lead. Led by Gordon's impressive quarter Chicago came roaring back and seemed to hold a comfortable 61-56 lead at the half. But the Spurs showed why they are the defending champs by erasing the deficit and the game turned into a shootout in the third.

Tim Duncan and Tony Parker did most of the damage, and would finish with 24 points and 21 points respectively. San Antonio snatched the lead by the end of the third and appeared to be pulling away early in the fourth, but after narrowing the gap and tying the game Chicago outlasted the dogfight despite missing on several potential daggers.

Kirk Hinrich's steal with 50 seconds remaining leading to an easy layup gave the Bulls a four point lead. San Antonio was forced to use their final timeout and found Manu Ginobili on the right wing. He buried a three to make it 117-116, but after the Bulls advanced the ball to halfcourt after the timeout, Ginobili fouled Gordon straight away to send him to the line with 15 seconds left, where he made both.

With no timeouts left, the Spurs attempted a long pass but Bowen threw the ball straight out of bounds, giving Chicago possession on the Spurs' baseline. The ball once again went in to Gordon, who was put on the line where he sealed the game with his 60th point. Nick Van Exel raced up court and attempted a long three that missed. Chandler snared the rebound then split a pair of free throws to finish the game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:11 pm

60 points!! haha... is that most the spurs have ever allowed by a single player? great game dude.
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:36 pm

Coach's Diary
November 25th - Ben's Big Game

Wow! What can you say? That was incredible to watch. Even after he'd cooled down from the outside, Ben still had the hot hand. His 50th point tied it up at 99, his 60th point sealed the victory. His 30 points in the second were amazing. His 30 over the next two quarters kept us afloat. Obviously we can't rely on that every game and it would've been more comforting long term to see the whole team contributing but a win is a win and I don't want to diminish Ben's game in the slightest. Besides, we did defer to him when it became obvious if he got the shots, he was going to take us on his back.

I know there's been trade rumours and yes, we've been talking to a couple of teams. But I'm not so hasty to pull the trigger now. I think the team's going to be fueled by this performance. There was a lot of excitement on the bench and in the lockerroom afterwards. This is a close team, the guys were happy to see Ben do so well and I think everyone's confidence has been raised. At the same time everyone's motivated to give Ben more help. Of course, defeating the defending champs is a huge confidence boost in itself.

I tried a couple of different lineups in that last game, not much has been said about it so far. For a while there I had Ben, Chris and Kirk all in there at once with Mike and Noce. It worked for a while in the second and I brought it back in crunch time. I don't know if I'll go to that more often, but Chris has been responding well to the increased playing time and against a team without a dominant small forward, it looks like the three guard lineup - small as it is - has potential.

I don't want to shake things up too much but I plan on making a couple of small changes to the lineups and rotations. I still haven't ruled out a trade but I'd like to make improvements in-house before looking to break up this squad and acquire help elsewhere. We still need to improve our defense but I can see progress. Tomorrow night against Houston will be tough but I plan on having everyone ready to rise to the challenge.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jugs on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:47 pm

Wow, 60 points, go Gordon 8-)
Jugs

Postby Unrestrict3D on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:58 pm

Wow, HUGE win over the defending champions... way to go Ben. ;)
Unrestrict3D

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame