Warriors franchise

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Warriors franchise

Postby Gaucho on Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:37 pm

I'll post team stats game-by-game and will look to get player stats uploaded sumwhere later. Already forgot to save my game 1 opp's player stats though :P

well, lets start this thang, in case u r interested I'm using DBR rosters
All-Star level
10 min qrtrs (12 on Sim)
Simulation (on diff thing fouls 2 notches down from top -higher than default that is-)
User controlled shot

also I added myself as a pretty crappy (64 ovr) ballhandling SF with real size so I guess i'll see more minutes at PG -in case i play at all-.
Gaucho

PRESEASON

Postby Gaucho on Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:55 pm

AP ON NEW WARRIORS EXCENTRIC GM
New GM/assistant coach/player agrees for a lifeterm contract at GS, so if u know nything from this franchise u r thinking this one will last 1 year instead of the regular 6 months :P
He failed to pass the TOEFL (english language exam) and it raised doubts about his signing, but as he was born at SanFran David Stern gave the green light pressured by the gay community who thought that "he's cute"

After solving this issue he arrived to the bay area the day before the first game of the campaign, and did 3 trades on that same day to acquire the Argentine NBA stars and at same time get rid of players with big contracts.
Code: Select all
      TRADE #1     (ovr/salary/years/age)
                    GS sends
C Erick Dampier        78  152k/2   28
SF Chris Mills         80  106k/2   32
SG Bob Sura            80  118k/2   29
                     SA moves
C David Robinson       86  222k/1   37
SG Emanuel Ginobili    78   32k/2   25
PG Steve Kerr          72   53k/1   37

This first trade allows us to get rid of 3 major contracts that would've been around for 2 years, now we have Robinson in his last year (at least as starter) to tutor Foyle, Manu who will be part of the rotation, and Kerr that...da...we'll see what can we do with him :P we need a PG nyway
Gaucho

Postby Gaucho on Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:30 pm

Couple hours after the SA/GS deal was confirmed, the south american raised GM pulled 2 more trades for Argentineans Sanchez and Wolkowyski, vitals on last WC.
      TRADE #2     (ovr/salary/years/age)
                    GS sends
PG Steve Kerr          72   53k/1   37
PF Danny Fortson       84  120k/3   26
                    DET moves
SF/C Cliff Robinson    85  161k/1   36
PG Pepe Sanchez        69   MIN/1   25

We get rid of Kerr who we never liked (just got in to get around cap) and Danny finally gets his wish of leaving the star forwards plagued Western conference, we trust that he'll have even more succes at Detroit. We get Pepe to backup Arenas in case we need to slow game down, and Cliff will be in the same situation as The Almirant, will get important minutes for the last time in his career, and wont bother us next year with a hugh payroll.

TRADE #3     (ovr/salary/years/age)
                    GS sends
SG Oscar Torres        72   MIN/1   26
                    BOS moves
PF Ruben Wolkowyski    69   MIN/1   29

Though Torres played great in preseason, we have just too many players in the backcourt ahead of him, J-Rich, Gilbert, Pepe, Manu, Jiri...he's only ahead of the GM/asst coach/player Douek in the rotation...(hey, maybe was a move by the GM to get more minutes?) and another Argentinean joins team, "Big Rub" won't get much minutes unless 2 frontcourt guys get in foul trouble early.
Gaucho

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood