Micchy's Lakers Dynasty (NBA Live 2005)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby The X on Wed May 18, 2005 10:21 pm

luvin' the Spurs rookie tandem (Graham-Schenscher) as the combined for 1 board and 1 dime in 10 minutes :P I guess Mr. Watson out in Sac-Town doesn't look so bad after all 8-)

nice wins over Pistons and Spurs....you seem to be back on the right track (Y) hope to meet up with your team in the playoffs :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Micchy_boy on Thu May 19, 2005 3:20 am

misow wrote:Yes, nice win, i like the points repartition, nice sliders (Y)

thanks, yeah i like realistic scores...

SbHzMaFiA wrote:Nice job on beating the Spurs, but what happened to Kobe against Detroit. 0-11 from downtown :!: :lol: Well at least he bounced back.

thanks...
About kobe 0-11, i never notice that, i just try to shoot 3 when his open but yes i might force some bad shot so he got that horrible shooting.

jxuusa wrote:wow, another win, this season may no be so bad after all

well im currently 6th in the west so i say this is not a bad season...

Jedi Master Sit wrote:Great win vs. Pistons! (Y) lovin it!

thanks bro... :wink:

Mark #6 wrote:Good win against the Pistons, Good to see you are coping wiht the injuries.

Keep it up dude (Y)

Thanks.... well my next game against Heat, i will rest Andersen who got injured against the Pistons.

Jango FeX wrote:luvin' the Spurs rookie tandem (Graham-Schenscher) as the combined for 1 board and 1 dime in 10 minutes :P I guess Mr. Watson out in Sac-Town doesn't look so bad after all 8-)

nice wins over Pistons and Spurs....you seem to be back on the right track (Y) hope to meet up with your team in the playoffs :wink:

first i thought a new person post in my dynasty but when i saw the sig it was just you X :lol:
well Graham only never really got his minutes with Bowen, Manu and Barry sharing minutes at the wing. about luke he was an undrafted rookie so he's rating was like 54 or less.

thanks... well currently your Kings are no.1 and im at no.6 so we will meet at WCF, thats if you advance to the WCF :lol:
Micchy's Lakers Dynasty l 2nd Season w/ NLSC BALLERS l
Micchy_boy

Postby Micchy_boy on Thu May 19, 2005 4:51 am

INJURY REPORT

Lakers announced that Chris Andersen suffered a sore finger in thier game against hte San Antonio Spurs. It will not force him to miss any game and it will take 5 days to heal.

But Coach Phil Jackson said that he will not use andersen in thier game against the Heat tonight and let him rest. He will be a game-time decison on Sunday against the Minnesota Timberwolves

Micchy_boy

Postby Micchy_boy on Thu May 19, 2005 4:57 am

Los Angeles Lakers (25-15) @ Miami Heat (19-19)

With his partner hobbled by foul trouble,
O’Neal took charge in beating the Lakers by
tallying 26 points, 15 rebounds and 6 blocks.

Heat started the game with a 9-0 run with O’Neal scoring 6 points inside the paint and Wade making a 3-point shot. And even with Wade called for 2 early foul, the Heat still managed to extend their lead to 12 points, Lakers tried to come back and with Heat called for too many fouls, Lakers close the gap by scoring in the free-throw line. Damon Jones and Dorrell Wright also called for 2 fouls while Wade, who re-entered the game, was called for his 3rd foul in the 1st period. O’Neal took on the scoring for the Heat and led by 6 points, 22-16 after the 1st period. In the 2nd quarter, both teams gone cold from the field with both teams combined to just 30 points and less than 30% from the filed. Heat gambled in playing Wade in this quarter and again called for a foul, his 4th personal foul. At halftime, Lakers still trailing, 36-32. Both Bryant and O’Neal led their respective team.

In the 3rd quarter, Lakers forced the Heat in missing 8 straight shots. This helped them to take the lead at 47-46. Both teams then traded baskets in the remaining minutes of the quarter. The game was tied at 55-all going to the final period. Heat then started the quarter on a 10-4 run to take a 6 point lead. Lakers tried to cut the deficit but O’Neal made timely basket to protect their lead. Heat was leading, 76-72 going to the final 2 minutes. Lakers were unable to come closer and missed some crucial shots and Heat made free-throws to seal the win. Heat win, 84-76 in a low scoring ballgame. The loss snapped their 2 game wining streaks.

Boxscore l Lakers l Heat l
Player of the Game l Shaquille O’Neal
Screenshots from the Game
Lamar Odom, scored only 9 points but grabbed 14 rebounds, was fouled by Leo Reyes.
Kobe Bryant shows he love his former buddy, Shaquille O’Neal.
Dwyane Wade was fouled by Mihm as he goes for a jam.
Leo Reyes, who had a great job in defending Odom, goes for a lay-up.
Micchy_boy

Postby Seraph on Thu May 19, 2005 8:41 am

I wont say im sorry for the loss, cause I'm playing in MIAMI

hey nice headshape for me... who is it ? (Y)

BTW i got a new custom skin for my player :wink:
Seraph

Postby pHLo on Thu May 19, 2005 9:35 pm

yeah, both NLSC players had a good hand, hitting all their shots :)
already lookin forward to ur next update, micchy :mrgreen:

props to z-mac for that sig
pHLo

Postby John WB on Fri May 20, 2005 3:36 am

Damn! :lol: Lakers can't even beat the Heat here.
John WB

Postby Micchy_boy on Fri May 20, 2005 6:11 am

Seraph wrote:I wont say im sorry for the loss, cause I'm playing in MIAMI

hey nice headshape for me... who is it ? (Y)

BTW i got a new custom skin for my player :wink:

it's okey, i try to win the next meeting at Staples Center...

abut your headshape, its the same headshape you send to me and if you have time send me your custom skin...
its micchy_boy_01@yahoo.com

pHLo wrote:yeah, both NLSC players had a good hand, hitting all their shots :)
already lookin forward to ur next update, micchy :mrgreen:

well both NLSC players only took few shots, they never force any shots esp. Reyes who made baskets by offensive putbacks.

well my next update will be the 1-on-1 matchup between idiot and jawa. that's the last 2nd round match-up and the NLSC final four will be completed. and my next game will be up against HonorGlow and Wolves.
So watch out for that :wink:

John WB wrote:Damn! :lol: Lakers can't even beat the Heat here.

well actually the outcome was different if not for a power interruption i experience so i need to play it again and i loss. the 1st time i play it, Heat scored 37 points in the 1st period but i limited them to only 11 points in the 2nd quarter. and i was only down from 17 points to only 4 points. in yhe 3rd period i was leading then the power turnoff due to its raining that time. :( so when i play it again the Heat won. :(
Micchy_boy

Postby Micchy_boy on Fri May 20, 2005 10:04 am

jawa31 vs. idiot

ImageImage
idiot (left) had easy lay-up almost the entire game. Jawa31 (right) goes for a dunk
after he missed a jumpshot

Jan 21 Sat -- Josh Arbuthnot came in this game heavily favor against the smaller Frankie Yan. Everyone is expecting a final four match-up between him and Rihards Gromuls. But Yan will not go without a fight, just like he did when he won against the 7’0 Matthew Cava.

With the first possession belongs to Arbuthnot, Yan somehow found a way to force the bigger Arbuthnot to take a jumpshot. He missed it and Yan collected the rebound. Yan then used his speed to score on his first lay-up. He follows edit with another lay-up and another one. Josh Arbuthnot don’t know what hit him as he never find a way to stop Yan quick first move and was always 1 or 2 steps behind Yan. Yan enjoyed a 5-0 lead and was looking good for an upset. But Arbuthnot somehow found his bearing and made a good defensive stop. He then tried different offensive play and posted up Yan for an easy basket. He then made Yan defense guessing when he then tried a mid-range jumper to cut the deficit to 5-2. Another lay-up and 2 jumpshots tied the game at 5-all. And with momentum on his side, Arbuthnot seems pumped up when he made a dunk after grabbing a missed jumpshot and took a 1-point lead. But Yan never gave up. He stole the ball while Arbuthnot goes for a jumpshot. He then again used his quickness and dribbling skill in going for the basket. He never let Arbuthnot get the possession as he made 6 straight baskets to win an upset, 11-6. Yan surprisingly outrebounded Arbuthnot.

Frankie Yan will now advance to the semifinal round of this tournament and will face Rihards Gromuls.

Yan stole the ball as Arbuthnot goes for a shot.
Arbuthnot tried posting up the smaller Frankie Yan.

GAME STATS
Micchy_boy

Postby Jing on Fri May 20, 2005 11:25 am

wow that is really suprising, yan is really going crazy and stuff.

and i'm thinking about maybe getting a new cyberface too. still looking for people to make it cause pc can no longer handle live... its so crappy. i'm getting a new one. so if any chance i get a new one, i'll send it to you
Jing

Postby Micchy_boy on Sat May 21, 2005 6:41 am

jxuusa wrote:wow that is really suprising, yan is really going crazy and stuff.

and i'm thinking about maybe getting a new cyberface too. still looking for people to make it cause pc can no longer handle live... its so crappy. i'm getting a new one. so if any chance i get a new one, i'll send it to you

thanks for the lone comment bro....
Well i think yan will give Gromuls a good fight.

Well if you can have your Cf done just send it to me okey...
thanks again...
Micchy_boy

Postby jawa31 on Sat May 21, 2005 7:00 pm

diapointing to lose but i lost to someone who had a better game. good luck in the finals yan. And great work as always micchy
jawa31

Postby pHLo on Sun May 22, 2005 7:58 am

yap, u did a great job again, micchy
just as u do so often :)

i'm sorry i did not post earlier, i've been busy in the last few days ^^

pHLo

Postby Micchy_boy on Sun May 22, 2005 10:03 am

jawa31 wrote:diapointing to lose but i lost to someone who had a better game. good luck in the finals yan. And great work as always micchy

yeah, i thought you will win this one but Yan did a great job against you.
maybe great thing will happen to you in my dynasty so watch out :wink:
thanks bro.

pHLo wrote:yap, u did a great job again, micchy
just as u do so often :)

i'm sorry i did not post earlier, i've been busy in the last few days ^^

thanks bro... its okey
well im also busy last few days (playing Battle Realms with my friends).

----------------------
i already played 2 today but its FIESTA here right now so i'll do my best to do even just 1 game recap
Micchy_boy

Postby Fresh8 on Sun May 22, 2005 10:07 am

Poor Kobe lost to Shaq... oh well. Life goes on!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby hova- on Sun May 22, 2005 10:24 pm

Nice wins over Detroit and San Antonio.
I´m surprised that you kept Duncan below 30 points because your frontcourt isnt that good. (but not too bad :D)

But Manu Ginoblili had an awesome game, 5-7 from downtown.:shock:

Well Kobe rocked em all.

Good game!
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Micchy_boy on Mon May 23, 2005 4:43 am

Minnesota Timberwolves (26-15) @ Los Angeles Lakers (25-16)

Lamar Odom 30 points, 10 rebounds and
7 assists performance was not enough to
give Lakers a win against the Wolves.

Wolves had a great start and jumped to an early 10-2 lead with Garnett scoring 6 points, all on offensive putbacks. Lakers cut the deficit to 2 points but another 7-2 run by the Wolves to put their lead back to 7 points, 17-10. Lakers tried to make a comeback but only managed to cut the deficit to 3 points, 26-23 at the end of the 1st period. Lakers then grabbed the lead for the first time at 27-26 and extended it to 5 points. Wolves tied the game at 37-all behind Sprewell. Lakers then put up a great defense to limit the Wolves to just 5 points in the last 4:46 of the quarter. At halftime, Lakers enjoyed a 51-42 advantage. The match-up between Garnett and Odom was almost even with both players playing great for their team.

In the 3rd quarter, Lakers protected their lead and even extended their lead to 11 points, 56-45 with 7 minutes left in the quarter. But Wolves slowly crawled back in the game. Hoiberg came off the bench to score 6 points to help the Wolves cut the deficit to only 1 point, 69-68 going to the 4th period. With momentum on their side, Wolves jumped to an early lead in the final period. Midway in the quarter, Wolves were leading 83-77 with Cassell scoring 10 points in this quarter. Lakers tried to make another comeback but were still trailing by 5 points, 90-85 with less than 2 minutes left. Bryant then stepped up his game and led a run and Lakers grabbed the lead at 93-92, 16.9 seconds left. Wolves made a quick 3-point shot for a 95-93 advantage. After a timeout, Lakers tied the game with Bryant made a lay-up after a grabbing his own miss. With 0.9 left, Wolves were unable to attempt a shot and the game was tied at 95-all after the regulation.

In the overtime, Wolves scored the first basket but Lakers quickly tied the score. Wolves then made 8-0 run for a 105-97 advantage. Lakers never recover and Wolves hang on to the lead by trading basket with the Lakers. Wolves win, 115-105 in overtime and Lakers are once again on a losing streak.

Boxscore l Timberwolves l Lakers l
Player of the Game l Michael Olowokandi
Russel Santos called for a foul as he collided with Michael Olowokandi in mid-air.
Kobe Bryant was blocked by Kevin Garnett who had 6 blocks in the game.
Latrell Sprewell led the Wolves in overtime for a 28 points performance.
Honor Glow again helped his team with his outside shooting.
Micchy_boy

Postby John WB on Mon May 23, 2005 5:06 am

Kandi Man, the Player of the Game! :o
John WB

Postby The X on Mon May 23, 2005 6:38 pm

"Honor, Honor, Honor" :applaud:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Micchy_boy on Mon May 23, 2005 7:36 pm

Los Angeles Lakers (25-17) @ Toronto Raptors (15-28)

ImageImage
Not a bad start from Russel Santos, scoring team-high 18 points including the game-winning dunk.

Russel Santos made his first start in his career in this game in place of struggling Caron Butler. The game started with both teams unable to make basket in the game. Lakers drew first blood with 2 minutes already gone by in the quarter. Raptors then tied the game at 2-all and both teams just traded baskets most of the quarter. Odom had another great game as he led a Lakers run and Lakers enjoyed a 25-18 lead going to the next period. Lakers extended their lead to double digit in the 2nd period. Santos and Andersen led Lakers in scoring in this period as they managed to protect their lead. Raptors were still trailing 43-32 at halftime.

In the 3rd quarter, Lakers behind Bryant and Butler keep the Raptors at bay. They were still leading by 10 points. But Raptors were able to cut the deficit to only 5 points midway in the quarter, 55-50. Mo Peterson came off the bench and scored 10 points in this quarter. But Lakers once again extended their lead with a run to close the quarter. Lakers hold a 71-59 advantage at the end of the 3rd quarter. A big 9-0 run at the start of the final period headed by Rose and Dooling put the Raptors back in the game. They were now trailing by 3 points, 71-68. Raptors then tasted their first lead in the game at the 3:23 mark with an 80-79. The game was close which also features lots of lead changes. With 10 seconds left and Raptors leading by 1 point, 97-96, Lakers called a timeout. Bryant got the ball and saw Santos open at the baseline. He passed the ball and Santos made a jam with 3.2 seconds left. Without a timeout, Raptors tried a desperation shot from half-court which never hit the rim. Lakers escaped a 98-97 victory with Santos made a game-winning dunk on his first start.

Boxscore l Lakers l Raptors l
Player of the Game l Kobe Bryant l I think Russel Santos deserved it more
Chris Mihm and Andrew Bogut had a great match-up with both players played great game.
Devean George tried to hold on Caron Butler’s jersey.
Keyon Dooling, along with Rose, led a Raptors comeback in the final period.
Andrew Bogut goes for a lay-up that gave a 97-96 advantage.
Micchy_boy

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 23, 2005 8:02 pm

Nice work winning the game bro!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Micchy_boy on Tue May 24, 2005 2:28 am

Jedi Master Sit wrote:Nice work winning the game bro!

Again thanks for the lone comment. It seems like this dynasty is going to drain anytime soon :( . Hope it will give me the push to continue this....
Micchy_boy

Postby Its_asdf on Tue May 24, 2005 2:31 am

Aww... C'mon Micchy Boy, suck it up.... Just look at my dynasty, I wish that I could get at least half the amount of replies that you get. I'm pretty sure everyone is just out doing something for Victoria Day :D

But I do not like the fact that you won against the Raptors :twisted:

Bosh only had 7 points :? Ugh, that sucks ass.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby pHLo on Tue May 24, 2005 2:49 am

yap, a nice gime for Santos, especially having the game winner ;)
and u gotta keep it up, bro...

pHLo

Postby John WB on Tue May 24, 2005 5:10 am

Good going Santos! and nice job on the different pictures of that dunk.
John WB

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame