The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby Indy on Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:23 am

ceekay wrote:Who would win if they fought the Pacers? :twisted:

stephon marbury vs. jamall tinsley would actually be a good fight. two guys who grew up in NYC playing playground ball. that said, tinsley would kick his ass.
Indy

Postby Jona on Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:27 am

Then Shaq would come and eat everybody. :proud:
Jona - Rush Fan
Jona

Postby Indy on Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:30 am

Jona wrote:Then Shaq would come and eat everybody. :proud:

Kinda like he ate the pacers last week right?

oh wait...
Indy

Postby The GOAT on Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:19 am

:lol: Nice
Plus if anyone's going to eat anybody, it's going to be Mutombo eating Boykins.

There is no truth. There is only you and what you make the truth.
The GOAT

Postby Jona on Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:19 pm

IndyPacers67 wrote:
Jona wrote:Then Shaq would come and eat everybody. :proud:

Kinda like he ate the pacers last week right?

oh wait...

OOOoooooohhhh you just wait and see when you play in our house...again.... :twisted:
Jona - Rush Fan
Jona

Postby Indy on Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:22 pm

The G.O.A.T. wrote: :lol: Nice
Plus if anyone's going to eat anybody, it's going to be Mutombo eating Boykins.

hahahaha i just got the funniest mental picture of mutombo holding earl up and taking a bite of him
Indy

Postby Amphatoast on Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:05 pm

nets spanked knicks again desipite marbury 30pts 9assist.
Maybe he will regret his statement on being the best point guard and it might reverse his fortunes vs. Jason Kidd
Amphatoast

Postby cklitsie on Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:52 pm

They're tanking to get higher pick, right? :cry:
cklitsie

Postby Ruff Ryder on Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:20 am

I don't think they need to tank it. Seeing how they're playing now, they're headed for the lotto anyways.

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Amphatoast on Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:19 pm

lol the knicks are really tanking their season..
they pasted the raptors
bucks
warriors

in terms of lottery position.. only the hawks, bobcats, hornets, jazz, blazers have a higher probablilty of getting a higher pick
looks to be a race between 6,7,8 picks between the knicks, bucks, and warriors
hey its something to at least watch with the knicks
Amphatoast

Postby Jeffx on Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:23 am

Who are the best big men coming out?

Why am I asking that question? Knowing Isiah, he'll probably draft a shooting guard.
Jeffx

Postby Amphatoast on Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:38 am

or anther power foward
Amphatoast

Postby Drex on Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:09 am

A 6'7 Power Forward :P
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Jeffx on Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:10 am

If Sean May comes out, you think the Knicks have a shot at him?
Jeffx

Postby Indy on Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:48 am

Jeffx wrote:If Sean May comes out, you think the Knicks have a shot at him?

sean may has already said he WILL not come out. not maybe not probably, WILL not.
Indy

Postby Amphatoast on Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:03 am

2 wins in a row, looks like knicks are fnally deciding to end on a good note :cool:
Amphatoast

Postby Amphatoast on Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:55 pm

anther lose to Ben Gordan and the bulls..could ben be the next knicks killer?
Amphatoast

Postby Jeffx on Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:45 pm

Anyone been keeping up with the Knicks besides me? :D

From what I've read in the NY papers, seems like Isiah will deal Starbury for the right price. What a turnaround.

And forget about Big Chief Triangle. He's not coming to a team in salary-cap hell, loaded with bad contracts, and one of the worst owners in sports. Knicks are a serious rebuilding project, and that's not Phil's thing.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:27 pm

Sorry to post something historical rather than current, but with the Knicks out of the playoffs and the offseason a couple of months away now seems like as good a time as any to bring this up.

Jeffx, who do you consider the greatest centre in Knicks history - Patrick Ewing or Willis Reed (unless of course, you have another candidate)? Reed himself nominated Ewing, though there are those who feel Ewing was overrated (like Charley Rosen). I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the centres who were part of what were probably the two best eras in team history.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun May 01, 2005 1:07 am

Good question, but you're killing me, Andrew. Dayum. Now I love Pat, ever since the days of Hoya Destroya(and I felt his pain when those ignorant fools held up "Ewing Can't Read" signs). I ran through my parents' house hollering like a woman when NY got the #1 pick in 1985. Pat was a great Knick. Sure, he was flawed, but he gave you his all EVERY NIGHT, played hurt and listened to his coaches(except for Nellie, which I understand). For many years, he put that team on his back. He was the big reason why we had so many wonderful springs at the Garden. He never had that #2 guy(like a Pippen or Kobe) to help him out.

Having said all that, my vote goes to THE CAPTAIN, Willis Reed. It's simple. Willis BROUGHT HOME THE BACON, Pat never did. The Knicks should have beaten Houston in '94. That was our best chance to win a title. I never felt Pat stepped up his game to Hakeem's level. So Willis is #1, Pat #2.
Last edited by Jeffx on Sun May 01, 2005 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffx

Postby Indy on Sun May 01, 2005 2:34 am

To say Ewing was overrated is ridiculous. If anything hes underrated. People think about Pat, and they dont realize he is one of the top 15 scorers in NBA history. Patrick Ewing averaged over 20 PPG 13 YEARS IN A ROW! He also averaged double digit rebounds 9 years in a row. In the 89-90 season he averaged 28.6 points 11 rebounds and 4 blocks a game. He was a fantastic shotblocker, he averaged at least 2 blocks a game 14 seasons in a row. Pat was a guy who would give me fits. And if it wasnt for Jordan he would have won at least 2 rings, and people would be talking about him in the top 10 players of all time.
Indy

Postby Amphatoast on Sun May 01, 2005 2:35 am

its really hard, becuase patrick ewing had to go through a era that had the best player of all time. But yeah, 1994 was the year.. '99 was just a great run, i wish ewing was able to comeback and help them in the finals
Amphatoast

Postby cklitsie on Sun May 01, 2005 3:37 am

Amphatoast wrote:'99 was just a great run, i wish ewing was able to comeback and help them in the finals
True that, the Spurs' big men were the deciding factor in the series. If Ewing was there it could've been maybe a seven game series or it could've went the Knicks' way.

I don't really know how you can call Ewing overrated, maybe at some point in the 90's he was but right now definately not (rather underrated like some else said).
Everytime I see Reggie Miller in his last months playing for the Pacers, I feel like Ewing should've stayed too. They're kinda in the same category since they were both the face of their franchises but never won the championship.

That's why I'm rooting for the Pacers this year (signature coming soon).
cklitsie

Postby Indy on Sun May 01, 2005 3:42 am

ceekay wrote:I don't really know how you can call Ewing overrated, maybe at some point in the 90's he was but right now definately not (rather underrated like some else said).

That was me ceekay, and i agree.

But your Reggie-Pat comparison is not apt. Sorry but Patrick was never in the kind of shape that Reggie has been in for his whole career. Reggie has extremely rigorous off-season training. He works his ass off every day, hes in the gym hours and hours before games working. Patrick was a phemononal player and I respect him HUGELY, but he never had that. He was losing his health late in his career and was a total non-factor with Seattle and Orlando. He was a guy who was conditioned to play in the NBA for 13-15 years, and thats what he did. Reggie is a guy conditioned to play 16-20 years. Major props to Pat for a great career, but if he was in the league now he would be gasping for air.
Indy

Postby Jeffx on Sun May 01, 2005 4:47 am

Amphatoast wrote:its really hard, becuase patrick ewing had to go through a era that had the best player of all time. But yeah, 1994 was the year.. '99 was just a great run, i wish ewing was able to comeback and help them in the finals

Amp, the Knicks had the Bulls on the ropes in '93 and couldn't close the deal(f-n Charles Smith, burns my ass to this day). I know the Knicks would have handled the Suns in the Finals.
Jeffx

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball