Sit's Dynasty (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Who will win the 2006 NBA Finals

Los Angeles Lakers
80%
Boston Celtics
20%

Total votes : 20

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:52 pm

Enjoying the updates Sit. (Y) Sorry I don't have any more in-depth analysis or feedback to post at the moment, I'm just enjoying the read.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby The X on Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:54 pm

Sit wrote:I'm thinking Sean Marks... i could sign him through the game.. i think hes a FA... or that big guy who plays for them... cant remember his name!

are you talking about Pero Cameron, the 6'4", 300lb(?!?) PF/SF :lol:
I'd like to see that :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:03 pm

we will!

can u do me a cyberface for him X???
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:10 pm

- Heal met team captain Kobe Bryant and said, "This guy is a very intimidating guy. He's very convincing when he speaks and you just listen to him." Bryant also talked about Heal, "I have never really talked to this guy, actually haven't heard of him before."

:lol: He looks itimidating.

At least I think :shock: Nice article (Y)
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:12 pm

think about it... Heal is a midget! :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:27 pm

BULLS HELD TO TWO FOURTH QUARTER POINTS

Los Angeles Lakers 120 @ Chicago Bulls 87

Dec 16, Chicago - A year after Kobe Bryant helped the Chicago Bulls pull out a win over the Lakers, Bryant returned to his idol's home team to destroy them. A game for Kobe against the Bulls in Chi-town is always surrounded with different scenarios and hype. This game was no different.

Michael Jordan wasn't in the United Center for tis game however Scottie Pippen and Steve Kerr, both part of TNT's commentary team were on hand in the stadium. The two who obtain harsh criticism of Kobe's Jordan mannerisms were to be put in the bet seats of the to witness Kobe's flawless basketball for one night.

The 6'7" SG was unstoppable as he scored jumper after jumper in the first quarter to finish with 12 points in the first period. He then turned his focus to feeding his teammates and playingsuffocating defence on Bulls guard Bonzi Wells and held him to 1 point and then played edqually impressively against Kirk Hinrich when the PG moved to the 2 in accordance to Wells'lack of success.

The Bulls made a slow steady comeback throughout the middle two quarters but were then stunned and left numb i nthe final 11 minutes of the game. The last time the Bulls would score was at 11:45 left i nthe game and the Lakers would hold the team at 2 fourth quarter points. The Bulls watched on as Kobe Bryant dominated the final quarter with various acrobatic acts and added 15 fourth quarter points to his final scoreline of 35, 8, 6 and 3.

Bryant's assault came on his first play of the final period that saw him race through the middle of the lane and convert a Jordan-like soaring dunk over Eddy Curry. Curry commited his fifth foul which sent him to the Bulls' bench and Bryant calmly sank the free throw. The Bulls were then harrased by the Lakers' uptempo press and turned the ball over twice before even reaching the halfway line. On both plays, Bryant scored three point shots. The quarter went on steadily for the Lakers and very demoralizing for the Bulls as the players on the bench held their arms out in anger at many calls going the opposition's way.

Ben Gordon was called for a charge which looked like a block and the call brought Bull's coach Scott Skiles to his feet and onto the court. The coach was ejected from the game. "That was the most ridiculous call I have seen. Ben was clearly fouled by Carlos Boozer!"

The Bulls' game only got worse as Bryant started to try a bit of MJ-imimitating. With 2:30 left, he flew in from the baseline for a reverse jam over Tyson Chandler (ie. Jordan over Patrick Ewing). At 1:22, Bryant backed down on Luol Deng and let a fadeaway fly from his hands. The ball swished through the net as Bryant completed a three point play ala the same play Jordan performed on a younger Kobe. Bryant then had a very tricky no look pass to Ron Artest who calmly hit a three pointer from the left wing with 29 seconds left (ie. Jordan to Pippen) and at the buzzer sailed in from the top right side of the halfcourt to hit a difficult floater in the lane. The ball hit its target as the buzzer sounded giving Bulls' fans a take on Kobe's understanding of Michael Jordan's famous shot which sunk the Cavs in the late 80's.

"Kobe Bryant played the best basketball that Chicago has seen ever since Michael Jordan played in here," Steve Kerr said, "It wasn't a career high for him but the dominance in the stadium his hero played and schooled him really sets this individual performance apart from other players." Scottie Pippen agrred, "Kobe gained my respect tonight."

Carlos Boozer was helpful inside as he provided 28 and 11. Ron Artest and Fredrik Ratchuk added 18 apiece while Kwame Brown delivered 13, 7, 4 and 4 steals. Head coach Magic Johnson was impressed by his team's fourth quarter dominance, "Sure, the Bulls didn't play too well but if we could limit teams below 15 in every quarter of every game, we'd win the ring hands down!"

Eddy Curry was limmited to 33 foul plagued minutes and finished on 8 and 5. Big man Tyson Chandler was even more unimpressive and finished on 3 and 6. The Bulls were led by Deng's 25, 9rebounds, Hinrich's 23, 6 assists and Ben Gordon's 21, 6 assists.

"We played a terrible game!" Curry said, "It was one of those nights you know."

NOTES:

Holding an opposition team to 2 fourth quater points is a new Lakers' team record for the GM Sit led era of LA Lakers basketball... The Lakers have won three games in a row... Rumour has it that the Lakers are in contact with a 6'4", 300 lbs Forward from New Zealand. Pero Cameron was invited to try out for the Detroit Pistons and GM Sit is interested in a big body like Pero to clog up the lane... Current Record: 5-3 (2-0, 3-3)

BOXSCORE:

Last edited by Fresh8 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:01 pm

Looks like Chicago's acquisition of Bonzi Wells really paid off in this one. (N) Nice work Sit.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:19 pm

LAKERS FINISH FAST AND FURIOUS

Boston Celtics 86 @ Los Angeles Lakers 109

Dec 17, Los Angeles - Magic Johnson coached against the team his Lakers won 5 championships and regularly battled in the 1980's. The Boston Celtics were hot in the first half and then it was the Lakers who finished the Celts off with true showtime basketball.

Paul Pierce and Ricky Davis were hot as they reached 24 points, 15 points respectively in the first half but cooled down considerably in the second half as the Celtics' players couldn't get an open look on any shot. "It was frustrating, the Lakers just suddenly played the best man on man defence any team has played against us this year," Pierce said.

P-Dub finished on 31 points and Ricky Davis had 15, 14 and 6 but shot 5-19 from the field. "I just went cold in the second half," Davis explained. The SG missed all of his shot attempts in the whole second half as the Lakers rushed to make a huge comeback. The team didn't receive any other valuable contributon as the team suffered a late shooting slump.

Despite mediocre performances from Boozer and Artest, Kwame Brown was able to post 19 points and 12 boards in the paint however it was kobe Bryant as the Laker's lone hero once agin. The reigning MVP scored 34 points only on jumpers and added a game high 9 assists. "It was a challenge made by Ray Allen. That I stop driving and shoot jumpers more," Bryant said, "Also if I want to prolong my career I think I will leave the energy in my legs for when I need them!"

The Lakers dropped behind by 13 points early and then 21 by the middle of the third quarter. Paul Pierce was unstoppable as he drove relentlessly to the hoop and Ricky Davis was providing the Lakers as a tough second option. Then the answer came in the wanning minutes of the third period. Bryant, Brown and Ratchuk led a game turning, scoring revival as the Lakers literally burned Boston with a 42-1 scoring run which last from 4:57 in the third quarter until 9:02 in the final period.

"That scoring run was huge," Magic Johnson said, "All of the open jumpshots Byrant made which opened up the lane for Kwame and then the open jumpers from Fred(rik Ratchuk) reminded me of Kareem (Abdul-Jabbar), James (Worthy) and me."

The crowd cheered the home team on as the fans jumped up and down in their seats in a fast paced second half. Just as the Lakers dropped behind by 18, fans started to file out slowly but as word spread of their comeback, fans started to return, spilling back into the arena.

"The atmosphere here tonight was magic!" GM Will Sit said excitedly, "I can't wait for the playoffs!"

NOTES:

The Lakers have won 4 games in a row... The Lakers lost to Boston last season after Gary Payton a former Laker scored a game high ammount of points in that game. Payton retired in the offseason... SG Kobe Bryant is averaging 35 ppg, 7 rpg, 7 apg and 4 spg... The Lakers are 3-0 at home... Current Record: 6-3 (3-0, 3-3)

BOXSCORE:

Last edited by Fresh8 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby The X on Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:07 pm

Sit wrote:we will!

can u do me a cyberface for him X???

if you can find a decent portrait pic of him then I'll give it a shot....if I do it, he may as well go in my dynasty too :D also headshape suggestion....

EDIT: although alternatively if it got made in last year's Olympic patch, I could just convert it perhaps, that might be easier....does anyone know if Pero Cameron of New Zealand has a cyberface in the Live 2004 International Teams patch?!?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:14 pm

Im sure he had a cyberface last year in that mod... anyways... if ustill need the pic i'll search for one but it will be in a while... lol

Put him on ur team to fix the SF problem!

EDIT: oops.. looked at ur roster and noticed... lol maybe play him at C???
Last edited by Fresh8 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby The X on Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:24 pm

I don't have a SF problem....Wallace and Walton are SF's....Korver plays minutes there....and I envision Splitter being able to play sparingly there as well....yeah, I guess I do need a token guy each season....last season it was Sean Marks....maybe this season Pero Cameron....then maybe Kirk Penney the following season :lol:

anyway, I'll go over to dotorg now and see if it was done....I'll let you know by pm as to not spam up your thread anymore :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:53 pm

LAKERS SHUT DOWN SEATTLE'S SHOOTERS

Los Angeles Lakers 101 @ Seattle Supersonics 86

Dec 19, Seattle - The LA Lakers finally look like championship contenders. Not because of Kobe Bryant but because of the fact that they won without their star player. Kobe Bryant left the game early due to a stomach virus and migraine. The 6'7" SG had already notched up 13 points alongside 6 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 steals in only 29 minutes.

While Bryant was in action it was noteable he was playing very weakly and struggled to get up and down the court without slowing down whenever he could. Luckily for the Lakers, the other players stepped up. Carlos Boozer delivered 20 and 17 while Ron Artest also contributed 19, 6, 8, 3 steals and 2 blocks. Kwame Brown helped man the lane and added 17 and 7 while Kareem Rush sparked a 20-1 run in the second quarter.

"Kobe was playing weak, we've experienced this before especially last playoffs and perservered," Rush whom finished with 13 points said, "We did the same tonight. No one ever wants to see the leader down."

The Lakers played their reserves for the final 6 minutes of the game and allowed the Sonics to go on an unanswered 13-0 run but that didn't stop Head Coach Johnson from being dissatisfied with the team, "At the end we already won and did slow down a lot but the guys on are young. I don't expect too much from them."

The Lake Show won their fifth straight game at the expense of the home side who had only just arrived back from a road game against the Spurs. The Sonics had their own four game winning streak snapped in the 112-107 loss to Tim Duncan's team and looked, at many times, disorientated with the fast pace of the Laker offence.

Ray Allen led the team on a losing cause with 23 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals. Allen tried his hardest to keep the Sonics in the game as he scored all four of his three point buckets in the second quarter but everytime he scored a long range bomb, the Lakers would score two more buckets. "It was annoying, Kobe led his team well," Allen admitted, "We just aren't up there with the Lakers right now."

Robert Swift played a team high 45 minutes but didn't contribute much as he went on to finish the game on 13 points and 9 rebounds. Vladamir Radmanovic added 11 points, 8 rebounds and Rashard Lewis scored 9 points and grabbed 7 boards. Sonics rookie Vin Gill was a surprise for the Lakers, coming off Seattle's bench to finish the game with 9, 5 and 3.

Los Angeles improved to one game over .500 for their away games record. GM Will Sit was very optimistic after the match, "The team is looking in great shape and the young guys are learning the ropes to this team. I know that we will keep it up!"

The highlight of the game was Ron Artest's block on Robert Swift. The 7'0" center was going for a dunk but didn't see Artest fly i nfrom behind to swat his shot out of bounds. "That was good," Swift said afterwards, "I don't know how he got up so high."

Seattle's Nick Collison answered from across the locker room, "BEcause you can't jump!"

NOTES

SG Kobe Bryant has not been cleared by team officials and will likely miss out in all of this week's training and puts him out of the team for their next game against the Memphis Grizzlies in two weeks... After the game, Ray Allen travelled to Los Angeles to shoot a new television commercial which advertises the NBA's Read to Achieve program. The new Ad features Yao Ming, Shaquille O'neal, Ray Allen, Emeka Okafor, Carmelo Anthony, Nene and a puzzling addition; Ron Artest... Current Record: 7-3 (3-0, 4-3)...

BOXSCORE

Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:31 pm

BLOG ENTRY DELETED
Last edited by Fresh8 on Mon May 02, 2005 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:41 pm

So if u got any questions... send them into me!

Wat do u guys think of this Blog feature?
Fresh8

Postby Heiks on Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:55 am

great job with the blog, i love it!
btw a 30-2 4th period???? how the hell did you do that?

(Y)
Give respect, get respect.
Heiks

Postby John WB on Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:02 am

Yeah, that's great defense.
John WB

Postby The X on Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:00 am

nice blog (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:01 pm

blog was real good. you should become an espn writer when you grow up :lol:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:02 pm

btw a 30-2 4th period???? how the hell did you do that?

Yeah, that's great defense.

- ummm... i think it was a fluke.. like the time when Kobe held Bron to 1-22 and then the computer froze....

nice blog (Y)

- Thanks mate!

blog was real good. you should become an espn writer when you grow up

- I wanna be a sportswriter and somehow cover the NBA... dont know how to get there...
Fresh8

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:12 pm

Sit wrote:- I wanna be a sportswriter and somehow cover the NBA... dont know how to get there...

Perhaps if the NBA regains popularity here in Australia it will open doors for you. In the meantime, keep pursuing your dreams of being a sportswriter; you can always start covering the NBL. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:49 pm

NBL... aw that sux... we'll see how i go...

obviously... my main aims are: a) Legal/Economics b) Medicine c) Journalism
Fresh8

Postby brad feet on Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:06 pm

hey bro...... good to see your dynasty keeps on improving a lot..... you really love writing dont you...... well dont stop. you really have a talent on it.... keep it up.... awesome games by the way..... (Y)
brad feet

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:08 pm

shite.. i need to send u some info on houses... sorry kobelive2005... i'll try and do it for ya.. im buried with english ,chemistry and physics writeups... sorry again!
Fresh8

Postby brad feet on Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:16 pm

it's okay sit, no need for apologies..... i'll be leaving by 3rd week of may, im just waiting for my visa..... thanks, take your time i'll just wait for it anytime.....
brad feet

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:23 pm

New Years Eve Heartbreaker

Los Angeles Lakers 98 @ Memphis Grizzlies 103

Jan 1, Memphis - The Memphis Grizzlies snapped the Lakers' five game winning streak as LA lost another game o nthe road. Despite late game heroics by Kareem Rush, the Lakers just didn't have enough time to wipe out a disappointing shooting display.

Kareem Rush scored 10 points in the final minute of the game to try and erase a 10 point deflict however the Grizzlies held onto the win with key plays down the stretch. The first shot came off a screen on the top left hand side of the court where Rush came off a Kwame Brown screen to hit an open three pointer. Juan Dixon then stole the ball off the inbounds pass and passed straight to Rush who hit a jumper on the left elbow. Jason WIlliams who scored 26 for Memphis hit two free throws and Rush recieved the ball to score a layup. The Lakers unpredictable run came to a stop after Pau Gasol powered his way to the hoop for another 2 of his 20 points off a tip in. Ron Artest missed two shots before the Lakers fumbled another play. Rush made a consolation three point dagger in the heart of the Memphis defence as he spotted up for another trey at the top of the key.

"Kareem played as if he were posessed tonight. The league mught have another Reggie (Miller) after tonight," Magic Johnson said. Rush scored high fives from the home team and his own as he left the game with the crowd in awe of what had happened. "Everything happend so fast, I was shocked how hot the kid was," veteran Brian Grant exclaimed.

"We were very lucky to have escaped with the win," Mike Miller considered aloud, "If we hadn't scored twice, it would have gone to overtime and if Rush was hot... we could have lost!"

Rush ended the game on 32 points and hit 5 triple over the course of the match. Ron Artest finished with 26 and 10 and Carlos Boozer also recorded 24, 20 and 5. Kwame Brown harrased Stromile Swift in the paint as he grabbed 15 rebounds and swatted 3 shots while Juan Dixon made up for missing 7 shots by dishing out 13 dimes as he made some unbelivable plays.

The Girzzlies were led by Jason Williams and Pau Gasol's double double. However their most valuable player must have been rookie Walt Lue who sank shots at many appropraite times whenever the lakers looked like they had a'groove' going. "Walt impressed us tonight," Gasol stated, "He kept our team's composure going throughout the night.

The Lakers struggled to score all night especially at the start of the match. The Grizzlies forged a 16-2 lead and didn't allow the lakers to score until there was 5:45 left on the clock. LA continued to shoot the rock horribly and ended the first quarter with a 12-0 run however, the team still shot at a field goal percentage of 28%. Things didn't get better for Lakers as rookie Fredrick Ratchuk missed his 11th shot of the game early in the second quarter and quickly picked up his third personal foul. Carlos Boozer and Kwame Brown struggled on defence as Pau Gasol proved too strong for the duo to contain and Kareem Rush just didn't shoot well in the second period. The Lakers did well to keep up with the opposition though and finished the half with a Ron Artest three pointer.

Ron Artest and Carlos Boozer combined to score 20 of the team's 21 points in the third quarter as Juan Dixon led the fast break on nearly every offensive play. An altercation between the two benches occurred at the end of the third period after James Posey accused Shane Heal of swearing at him while he was taking a jumper in front of the Lakers' bench. Heal then walked up to the Memphis bench and took a punch at the swingman before other players joined in.

The two players will appear in front of a panel to hear their punishments tomorrow in New York. "I swear, the only word I screamed out was shoot!" Heal defended himself. Posey differed, "He said something bad to me. He's a new guy and I don't care, he should know what being a sport is!"

The fourth quarter began with an 8-0 spurt from the visiting side before Memphis regained control on defence. Los Angeles scrambled to control the tempo of the offence and ball game. It was too late though as the Grizzlies were leading 94-82 with 3:05 lef tto play and the Lakers started on their scoring romp too late.

NOTES

Kareem Rush scored 17 points in the final period... SG Kobe Bryant sat out the game due to injury... PG Shane Heal and SF James Posey will be summoned for a judicial hearing and are expected to be slapped with fines and/or suspention... PG Juan Dixon surprised the Memphis' crowd with a dunk during the secodn quarter... Current Record: 7-4 (3-0, 4-4)...

BOXSCORE

Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame