The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby The GOAT on Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:07 am

Or is his awful play a result of him saying that :?:

There is no truth. There is only you and what you make the truth.
The GOAT

Postby Ataraxia on Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:42 am

Im sure Isiah must be making some phone calls now.....oh well looks like Marbury's cursed himself n his team.....the Knicks need to get focused again and start winning and forget this stupid comment Step's made recently.
Ataraxia

Postby Amphatoast on Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:31 am

anther lost this time vs the clippers leaves the knicks only .5 games behind the raptors for the Tiantic Division bottom. Forget the games, just time to listen to the news the next 20 days or so and see what major change is coming up.

note-
january 2005 was the worst month ever for the knicks in thir 59 year history finishing 2-13
Amphatoast

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:57 pm

Isiah Thomas had an interesting take on the situation during the Cavs/Knicks game last week. His basic point was that the best players in the league are aware of how good they are and probably all rank themselves #1 at their position - Marbury just came out and voiced his opinion of himself.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby John WB on Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:15 am

I'm a Knick fan and there's no way I could believe he's the best point guard in the league.

He's not even the best point guard in the area.

While Mabury runs his mouth, Jason Kidd prooves he is. Nets have won four straight.

I wouldn't even put him in the top ten at this point.
John WB

Isiah to the Lakers a Possibility?

Postby Jeffx on Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:48 am

Jeffx

Postby Amphatoast on Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:53 pm

lmao now thats f'ed up. isiah thomas ditching the knicks. What happened to his plans. He can't just leave the knicks like that. Then again it may not be a bad time since the knicks got cap space coming up and playing with it and possibly messing up things more might not be good..

but personally, i think it's just the media over hyping this open position

Pat Riley is NOT leaving Miami- his team basically to go to LA.

Larry Brown...didn't he recently state he doesn't have plans to leave
Detriot? I don't get all these Brown rumors of him wanting to leave Detriot to coach anther team. That's back stabbing, and it's a bad idea to backstab on a team that contains Rasheed Wallace..

Phil Jackson...well, i think his name is popping up because he is free..
Amphatoast

Postby cyanide on Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:21 pm

Isiah said he wouldn't leave NY because of his commitment to the team and fans.
if you were killed tomorrow, i WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN THE MOTHA FUCKER THAT KILLED U!
......|..___________________, ,
....../ `---______----|]
...../==o;;;;;;;;______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//
WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER
cyanide
Dat steatopygous

Postby J-Smoove on Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:34 pm

starburys a joke! best pg my ass, glad they were on a huge losing streak.

hahah fucking crawford! hope you like your team, because the bulls are BETTER WITHOUT YOU. bitch.

isiah thomas is just terrible. i don care what you say. he's an idiot. im glad his team is getting fucked up..

people these days are just too damn arrogant. had he not said anything about being the best pg, i wouldn't care and would root for him and the knicks. because of his arrogance, hes getting what he deserves
J-Smoove

Postby MC Hao on Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:43 pm

:cry: :wall: :cry: why? why? why?
MC Hao

Postby Jeffx on Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:50 am

In today's papers, Isiah said he's here for the long haul. I know folks are giving him a hard time, but really, the Knics biggest problem can be summed up in two words:

JIM DOLAN

Like WFAN's Joe Beningo always said, Knicks are going nowhere with Dolan & Cablevision calling the shots. I think Isiah's realizing how bad upper management is at the Garden.
Jeffx

Postby Amphatoast on Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:45 pm

very dishearten lost to the kings..but bibby point on a great performanceas him and his 40points helped beat the knicks with "the best point guard" scoring 37
they close to the bottom of the eastern conference, only bucks are beow them right now! ( hawks and bobcats aren't nba teams )
Amphatoast

Postby cklitsie on Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:06 pm

They better not win some more games an finish 9th in the East.
Right now all I want for them is to get a high pick and draft a good senior from college (at least no HS-er)
cklitsie

Postby Matthew on Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:15 pm

philberttheduck wrote:people these days are just too damn arrogant.

Ditto...

The Knicks do need an overhaul, but i like the moves isiah has done. Give me Marbury, Houston, Crawford, Tim Thomas, Mohammed and Kurt Thomas over Houston, Ward, Eisley, Anderson, Kurt Thomas and KVH anyday. New York realistically needs one legitimate goto big man and they should be really ready to compete in the east. Maybe Thomas will strike gold in a tyson chandler or kwame brown like the pacers did with jermaine oneal.
Matthew

Postby Jeffx on Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:04 am

Matt, they also need guys who WANT to play consistent defense night after night(like the Holtzman & Riley/Van Gundy Knicks).
Jeffx

Postby Ruff Ryder on Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:14 am

cklitsie wrote:They better not win some more games an finish 9th in the East.
Right now all I want for them is to get a high pick and draft a good senior from college (at least no HS-er)

How about a Chris Taft or Hakeem Warrick. I think they could do the job in the post. They just need a little more meat on them.

Stupid Knicks, shiiiit. 14-28 from the FT line, and outscored 9-1 in the last 48 seconds. :evil: :x

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Matthew on Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:02 am

Jeffx wrote:Matt, they also need guys who WANT to play consistent defense night after night(like the Holtzman & Riley/Van Gundy Knicks).

Absolutely jeff, great point. But I dont think they need to bring in many players for that. A strong minded coach can preach that into them, like JVG and Pat Riley did. However a ron artest wouldnt hurt new york in the slightest... and to think grunfeild passed on ron ron and drafted weis :wall:
Matthew

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:46 pm

Where is that frenchman anyways?
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Amphatoast on Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:54 pm

well, marbury continues his 30+pts a game streak but knicks lost a heart breaker tonight vs the 76ers after a lucky win vs. the bobcats.

I think it's officially time to call it a year for the knicks unless some major change happens
( example- spree for tim thomas would be nice..maybe dolan will see he made a mistake!)
Amphatoast

Postby Jeffx on Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:49 am

Amp, the more the Knicks lose, the better off they are in the long run. Let's get a high-end draft pick, and some young boys who can play.

And ship Tim Thomas' ass OUTTA here. Sucker will never fufill his potential.
Jeffx

Postby Amphatoast on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:08 pm

i guess you have a point. I have the YES network so I can watch some good ball going on in NJ in the mean time ;)
but this kinda sucks for marbury, he continues to be a "loser."
Amphatoast

Postby air gordon on Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:12 pm

man- some tough losses for the knicks. they've lost a lot of close ones. i read in the chicago trib that tim thomas's game winner against the bobs... tim thomas shrugged his shoulders after that shot, thinking he missed it when the ball the first hit the rim. this true??
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Drex on Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:22 pm

Best PG of the League my ass :x
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Jona on Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:36 pm

Drex wrote:Best PG of the League my ass :x

Oh, mine to. And everybody's ass. :D
Who does he think he is. If his statements were true, the Knicks wouldn't be in the position they are in right now. :?
Jona - Rush Fan
Jona

Postby Drex on Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:03 pm

No, bitch. My ass is better than yours :crazy:
Drex
You bastards!!!

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball