Skip To My Lou signs with the Raps

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby MC Hao on Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:14 pm

Skip was signed for the rest of the season. :D :D
MC Hao

Postby TheBob on Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:29 pm

Yay!!!! :)
TheBob

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:34 pm

The Raptors actually have some encouraging news? :shock:

Seriously though, good move by Toronto. He's been playing great off the bench in his first five games with the team. 12.2 ppg, 7 apg, 4.2 apg in 32.6 mpg.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Clinton on Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:02 am

Not the best game for Skip against the Magic. Probably because he only played 20 minutes. He scored 3 points (1 of 3fgs), I board, 1 assist and 1 steal. He was stuck behind Mo Pete, who played 45 minutes and scored 25.
Clinton

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:09 am

He's signed for the rest of the year though, so I'm sure he'll get more opportunities to play. He played too well in his first five games for them to just discard him now.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Clinton on Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:13 am

He'll definately get more opportunities. Like I said I think the only reason for the less than great game was the fact that Mo Pete was having a great game.
Clinton

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:17 am

True. It's hard for him to crack the starting five as well, since Alvin Williams is playing well (14 points, 8 boards and 9 assists against the Magic).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Rens on Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:53 am

Skip might be able to start now that Hunter is back. If he'd started before the Raptors would've been without a backup PG. With Hunter back, Jones can come off the bench, with MoPete back at SF, Williams SG, AD at C and JYD at PF and Skip PG.
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby TheBob on Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:06 am

I think it's gonna take a few more good games before Lenny lets Skip man the point as a starter.
TheBob

Postby Clinton on Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:18 am

MoPete back at SF, Williams SG, AD at C and JYD at PF and Skip PG.

That would be the best lineup they could run at the moment.
Clinton

Postby Wall St. Peon on Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:31 pm

When VC returns, I say bench Mo Pete and keep Alston in the lineup, slide Williams over to the guard spot. That way Mo Pete can come off the bench with JYD and Hunter and bring some bench scoring...
Shane
Wall St. Peon

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:16 pm

If Antonio Davis is starting at centre, won't JYD have to start alongside Carter at forward?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Rens on Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:52 pm

Andrew wrote:If Antonio Davis is starting at centre, won't JYD have to start alongside Carter at forward?

How do you mean? It's not like it's a rule or something ;)
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby Clinton on Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:15 am

I think Andrew means how can JYD start and also come off the bench. In your post Dan you said JYD would start at PF with Davis at centre, then Shane said that Mo Pete can come off the bench with JYD and Hunter. Who is going to start at PF then?
Clinton

Postby Wall St. Peon on Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:25 am

Clindrew wrote:I think Andrew means how can JYD start and also come off the bench. In your post Dan you said JYD would start at PF with Davis at centre, then Shane said that Mo Pete can come off the bench with JYD and Hunter. Who is going to start at PF then?

But Dan and I aren't the same person...I didn't even say my starting lineup, I just said I'd slide Alvin up a spot and move Rafer into the starting lineup. I'd probably start Jelani McCoy...
Shane
Wall St. Peon

Postby Clinton on Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:34 pm

But Dan and I aren't the same person...

Fully aware of that.

I didn't even say my starting lineup,

Well you didn't disagree with Dan's and you didn't name who you would start at PF. So I guess Andrew just got mixed up that way, I also thought you were talking about what they can do with that lineup when Carter returns.

I'd probably start Jelani McCoy...

Over JYD?
Clinton

Postby Wall St. Peon on Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:48 pm

Clindrew wrote:Over JYD?

Yes. The Raptors have plenty of centers, but they don't have any decent power forward backups. Why would they start their only other decent power forward next to a power forward playing center? It's not like they need the scoring, and Jelani rebounds fairly well. Mamadou would probably start, but I think he's still hurt. Think of the bench: Murray, Peterson, JYD, Hunter...a very solid bench.
Shane
Wall St. Peon

Postby Clinton on Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:46 am

Well if you are going to start McCoy, why not start him at centre?
Clinton

Postby Wall St. Peon on Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:51 am

Clindrew wrote:Well if you are going to start McCoy, why not start him at centre?

Enahs Live wrote:The Raptors have plenty of centers, but they don't have any decent power forward backups. Why would they start their only other decent power forward next to a power forward playing center? It's not like they need the scoring, and Jelani rebounds fairly well. Mamadou would probably start, but I think he's still hurt.

It should be assumed that he would start at center since I called him a center and Davis a power forward playing center...here, since you can't figure it out:

C - McCoy
PF - Davis
SF - Carter
SG - A. Williams
PG - Alston

Bench:
SF/SG - Murray
SG/SF - Peterson
PF/SF - J. Williams
PG/SG - Hunter
C - N'diaye
Shane
Wall St. Peon

Postby TheBob on Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:39 am

I like it except by playing that lineup there are too many talented players comming off the bench in the backcourt or the 3 such as Lenard, MoPete, Murray and Hunter. I believe that a lineup of

C-McCoy
Pf- Davis
Sf- Murray
Sg- Carter
Pg- Alston

would be better then you have the following players comming off the bench: JYD, Alvin, MoPete, Hunter and Lenard.

Unfortunatly, there still seems to be too much depth at the guard positions and not enough at the Center spot. Hopefully this offseason they'll be able to package a backcourt player along with their draft pick in order to acquire a talented big man.
TheBob

Postby Wall St. Peon on Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:57 am

Perhaps they could go after that big kid from Central Kentucky...forget his name...but he's 7'1 or so, heard he's quite good. Collison from Kansas would be alright as well, he's 6'10 and has nice range. Good banger, too.
Shane
Wall St. Peon

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball