Question with installing roster mods or CF mods.

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Question with installing roster mods or CF mods.

Postby 2kSimBaller on Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:11 pm

Hey guys new to the forum and I'm kinda new with installing mods for 2k17 but I have been modding my 2k16 which I thought would be something similar. I've watched some videos on how to instructions but It just isn't working for me.

As far as I know I only need the "external file plugin" mod to install mods. For instance, I am trying to install the "2020-2021 roster update" by Sic2KK and I am able to load the roster however I am not getting the newly created players with the right CFs.

Please correct me if I am doing something wrong. I've got the "external file plugin" in my 2k17 directory. I've completely deleted my 385760 incase I somehow messed it up and just copied and pasted his instead. For his "waigua" file, I put his "modded" folder in my modded folder located in my 2k17 directory. Now for the rest of the stuff in his "waigua" file, I've put everything in my 2k17 directory. I've tried poking around the forum but can't find any instruction regarding my issue. Much appreciated if you are able to help me out. Thanks
2kSimBaller

Re: Question with installing roster mods or CF mods.

Postby SiC2KK on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:00 am

That's is just normal, we don't currently have cf for some of players in-game, but thanks to sevin0seven and his team on his roster i can use it as base to get the cfs of the players. Just wait on my new release.
"Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise."

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding