The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby [Q] on Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:50 pm

Like the Lakers, the media always talks about the Knicks whether they're good or bad so there's always pressure every year to be good. Luckily it worked out for LA after getting some great young talent through the draft, tanking and saving cap space and landing LeBron and eventually trading for AD.

I honestly don't see the Knicks getting that lucky and if they even do, their management wouldn't be able to pull off any moves that would actually help them.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:41 pm

You hit the nail on the head there Q it's just like the Lakers and how ESPN's Jay Williams brought LeBron into his tweet the other day as Bron famously responded with "what the f*"k do I have to do with this conversation" it's just naming him or the Lakers for views or as us New York fans say... Knicks 4 Clicks
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 am

These talking heads run out of stuff to talk about and are encouraged to talk about bullshit for the shock value and click bait
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby bussinrounds on Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:03 pm

Jeffx wrote: it's the Knicks, wake me when they become relevant again.

This is where I'm at as a longtime Knicks fan. It's been so bad my friends that were Knick fans from back in the 90s aren't even basketball fans any more. :cry:
bussinrounds

Postby Jeffx on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:48 am

mp3 wrote:Hey I'd love it if the fans, the media etc gave us time but they want instant results or even after excepting a rebuild a year or so is all there willing to except

The true fans don't have problem with a rebuild....problem is, the Knicks don't know how to do it. Their inept management always tries rebuilding on the fly, which never works.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:50 am

The Knicks have made plenty of front office blunders throughout their history, but acquiring Russell Westbrook would be at the top of list for dumb Knicks moves. To take on that salary or lose a draft pick makes no sense. If they're trying to develop a young core of players, that won't happen with Westbrook dominating the ball.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:37 pm

I don't know, what about the Jerome James contract?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:32 am

Andrew wrote:I don't know, what about the Jerome James contract?

That's close, but I think this would be worse. No way in hell do I want Westbrook. That's the usual quick-fix Knick move. Heard some young fan say get Westbrook no matter what it takes, because it'll make the Knicks exciting and relevant again. I wanted to slap that fool.

Hold on to the assets, draft smart and continue to develop the young cats.
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:17 pm

Taking Obi means they are planning on trading Randle? Unless they want to pair them for some small ball lineup

I wished espn could have piped in some Knicks fans booing so draft would feel real
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:47 pm

Jeffx wrote:Hold on to the assets, draft smart and continue to develop the young cats.

The thing is, do you trust them to make the right picks, and in their ability to develop said players? That's been the frustrating thing for me to watch with the Bulls. They strike out on major free agents, while also failing to make shrewd picks, or to really develop their young players. If the Bulls were in a position to get Westbrook, I wouldn't necessarily be excited or pushing for it, but I'd be able to get on board with it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:09 am

Andrew wrote:The thing is, do you trust them to make the right picks, and in their ability to develop said players?

That's the million dollar question...I had ZERO confidence in Steve Mills and his cronies. The jury is out on this new group.

But if Rose & Co. are stupid enough to bring in Gordon Hayward, it would tell me nothing has changed.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/knicks-i ... on-opt-out
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:21 pm

I'd take Hayward on the Bulls, though I don't think they're in a position to make it happen.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:13 am

You knew Nate Robinson was in trouble when he came out wearing Knick colors.

I always LOL at these pro athletes who think they can step into a ring. News flash: street fighting ain't boxing, a science that takes years to master.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stbbZTU75mo&t=11s
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:51 pm

I guess he didn't learn anything from Conor McGregor's foray into boxing, and McGregor has way more experience in an actual combat sport.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:49 am

Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:39 am

I know a lot of people were saying that Obi and Randle would be a horrible partnership and I get what they are saying but THIS year's Randle is making plays and buying In to defence, sure he might get beat on plays but he as always is committed to rebounding and Obi who makes cuts backdoor could really benefit from Randle's passing plus Toppin's 3 point shooting looks better than we all expected
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:33 pm

mp3 wrote:I know a lot of people were saying that Obi and Randle would be a horrible partnership and I get what they are saying but THIS year's Randle is making plays and buying In to defence, sure he might get beat on plays but he as always is committed to rebounding and Obi who makes cuts backdoor could really benefit from Randle's passing plus Toppin's 3 point shooting looks better than we all expected

The fact that Randle (and the whole team) is playing smarter basketball is a tribute to how good of a coach Thibs is (and how bad Fizdale was).

A quote from the article below - “There is a mentality shift,’’ said one NBA executive who has spoken to the Knicks’ brass. “Thibs wants to win every game and he’s selling that to the players and they are buying into it so far.’’

https://nypost.com/2020/12/30/tom-thibo ... ing-shape/
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:43 pm

The Knicks now lead the league in 3 point% and making the extra pass, who would of thought our Knicks could play this way
mp3

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:47 am

Sooooo the Knicks are the talk of the league right now...

Stephen A is a trying to slide back over as I kellerman, wonder how long it is before Rapppore pops back up donning a Knicks jersey.
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:08 pm

Wow....didn't see that coming from Austin Rivers, and Randle is balling out.

We have a real coach who holds cats accountable, and who has a system in place.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/1/6/ ... -thibodeau
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:42 am

Glad that you guys finally have something to be happy about, but there's no way that this is sustainable right?

As a Lakers fan, I'm hoping Randle makes his first ASG this year
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:50 pm

[Q] wrote:Glad that you guys finally have something to be happy about, but there's no way that this is sustainable right?

Too early to tell. Let's see where this team is in another month.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:13 pm

My go-to example here is the Jazz in 2004-2005, when they started out something like 5-0 and were one of the last remaining undefeated teams, only to end up missing the Playoffs. It's a long season, even when it's abbreviated by ten games. All the same, it does look like Thibs has had a positive impact thus far.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:07 pm

I know we have improved but I only expect us to be good not great, I think 7th or 8th seed is realistic in the East for us.

This year just reminds me of the 09/10 season when Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford balled out to start the season, we had great ball movement, team chemistry and improved defence so of course the Knicks traded both players who were leading the team in hopes of clearly the cap space for the summer of LeBron... didn't work out as you know.

A lot of knicks fans will call to Trade Randle this season but why?? the only player we are linked with are Terry Rosier or Bubby Heild
mp3

Postby mp3 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:12 pm

I love the fact that we brought back Taj Gibson.

I was high on Spellman when he came into the league and after we traded for him but injuries and weight problems seem to be an issue so waiving him and bringing back Gibbo is smart as we were a little thin at power forward and center with Obi been out as well as Spellman plus there was a rumour with Omai that he's weighed over 300lbs when he came back to camp.... 315lbs was the rumour
mp3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball