NBA 2k77 In Development! Demo Out Now in this Thread! Join the Community Server!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K21 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA 2k77 In Development! Demo Out Now in this Thread!

Postby dlubell on Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:20 am

curro wrote:
dlubell wrote:Officially announcing NBA 2k77! An ambitious roster project featuring custom jerseys, courts, stadiums, cyberfaces, and much more!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DRAFT CLASSES: The 2k77 Team plans to create 43 custom draft classes so that MyLeague simulations from 1977-2020 are possible, and that's not all...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DECADE REBRAND PACKS: We also are working on a set of 4 expansions which are to be placed into your Mods folder periodically during simulations. These will include updated jerseys, courts, logos, and possibly stadiums as well for the start of each decade since 1980! They will also be the ideal method of expanding the NBA from 1977's 22 teams to todays 30, since the branding, of these teams will be included in the packs as they are added to the league
That's all for today, stay tuned on this thread for more information regarding 2k77!
This project is worked on by a great team of skilled modders including: Dlubell, Deibys, Mahmood, Loaf, ChaosTheory, Cheesyy. JJcreates, Manni Live, Sticky-Fingers, Muffin, Losjosh, Martoluthor, Sheeve, Teeko, The Roster GOAT Thunder Shaq, PettyPaulPierce, and Wes the Great!

when you say "DECADE REBRAND PACKS" you mean retro season rosters??

So decade rebrand packs are essentially folders full of files, and when you drag them into your mods folder, it replaces the jerseys, courts and logos which jerseys courts and logos from a different decade, so that the team branding remains accurate during sims. This is how logos, jerseys and stuff get added for expansion teams, like when the mavericks come in in 1980!
dlubell

Postby dlubell on Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:25 am

For Curro's question, the rebrand packs are full of jerseys, courts, and logos to update for a given decade, so that branding never becomes stale during sims. this is also the ideal way to add expansion teams, such as the mavericks in 1980. For Lorenzobohannon, the draft classes will likely be more accurate to how career played out, so its a lower chance that kobe becomes a bust when drafted. we are still in early stages on the drafts though, so expect more information on that later. This thursday I will be releasing information on the all new RUCKER PARK blacktop overhaul, so keep an eye out for that too!
dlubell

Postby PabloFieldsJr on Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:56 pm

Lorenzobohannon wrote:Will the draft classes be more accurate to where the players were selected or how the careers played out? For example will Kobe likely be the first player picked in his draft or will he go be projected to go where he did in the actual draft?

I'm going off of the first season for draft classes.
PabloFieldsJr

Postby dante24 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:50 am

This is my type of simulation sounds like it's gonna be live

I usually do my sims from like 1980s onwards creating a few historic draft classes using looyh tools. If you like to use any of mines as a base just let me know
dante24

Postby dlubell on Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:50 am

Get Hype Guys! Here's a first look of Adrian Dantley!
dlubell

Postby ufofh on Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:17 pm

They will also be the ideal method of expanding the NBA from 1977's 22 teams to todays 30, since the branding,

is this means we can change myleague setting?
can you make my league start with 22 teams? (or less)??

is this possible in current gen pc??
ufofh

Postby dlubell on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:32 am

ufofh wrote:They will also be the ideal method of expanding the NBA from 1977's 22 teams to todays 30, since the branding,

Unfortunately, you can not lower the league to 22 teams, but we will fill the remaining teams with generic 40 overalls and generic branding. You can control these teams and ensure they don't sign or draft anyone signifigant, and then change them to automatic when they enter the league.
dlubell

Postby gp2k25 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:40 pm

dlubell wrote:
ufofh wrote:They will also be the ideal method of expanding the NBA from 1977's 22 teams to todays 30, since the branding,

Unfortunately, you can not lower the league to 22 teams, but we will fill the remaining teams with generic 40 overalls and generic branding. You can control these teams and ensure they don't sign or draft anyone signifigant, and then change them to automatic when they enter the league.

What if you filled it with ABA branded teams? and players that played in the ABA but never made to the NBA?? Just a thought
gp2k25

Postby gp2k25 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:40 pm

dlubell wrote:

What if you filled it with ABA branded teams? and players that played in the ABA but never made to the NBA?? Just a thought
gp2k25

Postby LeftHandDap on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:18 am

This is amazing. I can't believe how many dozens of hours this is going to save me. How can I donate?
LeftHandDap

Postby gp2k25 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:13 pm

Any update on the progress of this mod. It Is the most exciting Mod idea for nba 2k
gp2k25

Postby dlubell on Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:57 am

dlubell

Postby dlubell on Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:09 am

Hey Everyone! I'll be going live on twitch tonight at 8 pm EST on www.twitch.tv/dlubell77 to discuss all things 2k77! I hope to see you all there. Gameplay, Q&A, and more, so everyone come through! Also enjoy this screenshot of Don Adams Image
dlubell

Postby mjk2000 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:13 pm

Kermit looks perfect, 2k77 ​​will be a new game better than 2k21.

Viva RETRO NBA!
Retro cyberfaces for NBA 2k21: viewtopic.php?f=267&t=111763
Retro cyberfaces for NBA 2k20: viewtopic.php?f=258&t=109889
mjk2000

Postby 159515545_alto on Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:13 am

it's crazy ,But I like it
159515545_alto

Postby johnwest1985 on Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:39 am

exciting
johnwest1985

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:14 am

Hi all,

Couple questions on this mod.

1. Is this going to be a full 76-77 season mod when it is finished?
2. I believe they found out how to remove the 3PT shot completely in 2K20 (as if you take a shot from 3PT distance, it will count as a 2). Was this figured out on 2K21?
3. Do we have a way to manipulate the schedule in order to have a true MyNBA experience? (No having to SIM games, etc)

Thanks. I saw the screens and this looks really interesting.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby dlubell on Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:35 am

Dee4Three wrote:Hi all,

Couple questions on this mod.

1. Is this going to be a full 76-77 season mod when it is finished?
2. I believe they found out how to remove the 3PT shot completely in 2K20 (as if you take a shot from 3PT distance, it will count as a 2). Was this figured out on 2K21?
3. Do we have a way to manipulate the schedule in order to have a true MyNBA experience? (No having to SIM games, etc)

Thanks. I saw the screens and this looks really interesting.

Hey Dee! This will be a full 76-77 season when completed, with accurate courts, jerseys, faces, etc. Thus far the only way to manipulate 3 pointers to count as 2s has to be redone every game played and only works on older patches. It is possible to manipulate the schedule, but would be an extreme time commitment that we will likely be unable to make. Thanks for the interest!
dlubell

Postby dlubell on Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:37 am

Hey Guys! Join the NBA 2K77 Community Server today! You can ask questions, give feedback, interact with our team of modders, and earn exclusive access to first look pictures and videos! Enjoy! Join Here: https://discord.gg/RKCmgUdURT
dlubell

Re: NBA 2k77 In Development! Demo Out Now in this Thread! Join the Community Server!

Postby mjk2000 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:32 am

Who will play Utah Jazz in MyLeague with Doctor Dunkenstein?
;)
Retro cyberfaces for NBA 2k21: viewtopic.php?f=267&t=111763
Retro cyberfaces for NBA 2k20: viewtopic.php?f=258&t=109889
mjk2000

Re: NBA 2k77 In Development! Demo Out Now in this Thread! Join the Community Server!

Postby Pistolpeezy on Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:45 pm

Any update on this mod? I’ve seen some content going around and have heard nothing but great reviews about it so just thought I’d check in. I haven’t had the best experience with rosters/mods on 2k21 so far so I cant wait to see what’s in store with this one. You guys are crazy, I know this probably took you guys forever.
Pistolpeezy

Postby dlubell on Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:28 am

Pistolpeezy wrote:Any update on this mod? I’ve seen some content going around and have heard nothing but great reviews about it so just thought I’d check in. I haven’t had the best experience with rosters/mods on 2k21 so far so I cant wait to see what’s in store with this one. You guys are crazy, I know this probably took you guys forever.

We are finishing up and getting ready to release within the next few weeks! constant updates will be released with draft classes and rebrand packs. I've been silent working hard for a while, but I think everyone will appreciate the outcome.
dlubell

Postby debiler on Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:14 am

dlubell wrote:
Pistolpeezy wrote:Any update on this mod? I’ve seen some content going around and have heard nothing but great reviews about it so just thought I’d check in. I haven’t had the best experience with rosters/mods on 2k21 so far so I cant wait to see what’s in store with this one. You guys are crazy, I know this probably took you guys forever.

We are finishing up and getting ready to release within the next few weeks! constant updates will be released with draft classes and rebrand packs. I've been silent working hard for a while, but I think everyone will appreciate the outcome.

I know I will. I'm really, really hyped for this. Much love from Germany, guys!
Confucius say: "Man go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."
debiler

Postby debiler on Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:15 am

dlubell wrote:

I know I will. I'm really, really hyped for this. Lots of love from Germany, guys!
Confucius say: "Man go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."
debiler

Postby ZENBALLIN on Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:13 pm

dlubell wrote:

ZENBALLIN

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K21 Modding