Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: Redeem Team, Dream Team III and more!

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:14 am

Would people be upset if I overwrite the MyLeague roster? I only have a limited amount of rosters 2k let’s me upload lol. I try to keep the rosters uploaded on 2kshare rather than strictly offline to make it easier on beginners
Thunder Shaq

Postby chronoxiong on Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:26 pm

Can someone tell me how to fix this? Gary Payton from the Dream Team III is the only guy to not wear the team's jersey.

I am still using natkra90's Retro Mod Launcher. And I remember that this wasn't an issue until I was testing out his other launcher options a few weeks ago. I think what I did was I picked the option to move the mods folder out and just let the game run with no mods running so I can play MyTeam properly. This also messed the MyTeam jerseys too as all of my lineups I created in that mode, the players are wearing the jerseys of the team they are representing from their player card. What am I supposed to do now?
chronoxiong

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:41 am

All I can say is maybe try it without his mod launcher. Somebody else posted about a similar issue in the thread and I went to test it in my game and didn’t have that issue at all. I think there is a function where you can assign jerseys to players, but I didn’t do that for my roster, so it must be an external factor
Thunder Shaq

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:10 pm

I went ahead and updated various courts for some of the teams that were still using the default 2K texture/weren't year-specific.

'63 Boston Garden

'67 Cow Palace

The Forum '72

The Forum '83

The Forum '87

'91 Great Western Forum

'95 Madison Square Garden

'96-'98 United Center

'99 Madison Square Garden
http://www.mediafire.com/file/67fq87bio ... e.zip/file
All 9 courts included; credits to kodrinsky for original textures, and lagoa for court template. Also included are variants for the 60's and 70's courts without the three point lines.

Since these are individually named, it's recommended that you assign these courts with the hook tool, along with the "lagoa_floor_lightmap.iff" file to avoid excess brightness on the courts.
RayRay_953

Postby BWallace_Goat on Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:45 pm

Just downloaded and installed this mod. What an amazing job, thank you very much, mate!
BWallace_Goat

Postby Almokas on Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi, this URR roster working just on play now mode? Or in another modes?
Almokas

Postby edwold10 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:52 am

im confused, which folder do i put the files in? hook folder?
edwold10

Postby sevin0seven on Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:15 pm

Finally tried this roster. Great work Thunder Shaq! Sure is a lot of work put into this huge project.

*I quickly noticed an error however. The 92-93 Suns has Kurt Rambis. Was this roster base on the beginning of the season or end of season? He was waved by the Suns on Nov. 1992 and finished his 1993 season with the Sacramento Kings.
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:08 pm

sevin0seven wrote:Finally tried this roster. Great work Thunder Shaq! Sure is a lot of work put into this huge project.

*I quickly noticed an error however. The 92-93 Suns has Kurt Rambis. Was this roster base on the beginning of the season or end of season? He was waved by the Suns on Nov. 1992 and finished his 1993 season with the Sacramento Kings.

I likely just threw him on there to get them a full team (for when Myleague still worked with the roster). Most teams are supposed to be playoff rosters
Thunder Shaq

Postby chronoxiong on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:36 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:All I can say is maybe try it without his mod launcher. Somebody else posted about a similar issue in the thread and I went to test it in my game and didn’t have that issue at all. I think there is a function where you can assign jerseys to players, but I didn’t do that for my roster, so it must be an external factor

Still not working for me. I seriously need natkra90 back to help fix these issues. I just realized that the Dream Team is not wearing their correct jersyes now too. :(
chronoxiong

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:33 am

chronoxiong wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:All I can say is maybe try it without his mod launcher. Somebody else posted about a similar issue in the thread and I went to test it in my game and didn’t have that issue at all. I think there is a function where you can assign jerseys to players, but I didn’t do that for my roster, so it must be an external factor

Still not working for me. I seriously need natkra90 back to help fix these issues. I just realized that the Dream Team is not wearing their correct jersyes now too. :(

Very interesting. I’ll double check there isn’t anything funky in the roster editing. The issue is it shows up perfectly fine for me. Just make sure you’re using my specific mod packs and launching it normally from the game. also make sure there isn’t any external interfering mods. This issue has only happened for a few people, so I don’t have an exact answer at the moment
Thunder Shaq

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:13 am

The Dream Team wears the correct uniforms for me. I'd advise to not run this mod with natkra's all in one launcher, as it has not been updated for this mod for quite some time. You'll run into many teams wearing the wrong uniforms, the olympic teams still using the Decades Court, and teams with incorrect art files.

I remember having to combine multiple config files to get natkra's retro dornas and the year-specific scoreboards to show up with Thunder Shaq's roster updates.
RayRay_953

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:25 am

Yes there wasn’t much coordination for the all-in-one mod and this roster. As I continue to push out updates, the less compatible the two are. I would recommend downloading my mod packs separately for future updates
Thunder Shaq

Postby chronoxiong on Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:01 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:

Very interesting. I’ll double check there isn’t anything funky in the roster editing. The issue is it shows up perfectly fine for me. Just make sure you’re using my specific mod packs and launching it normally from the game. also make sure there isn’t any external interfering mods. This issue has only happened for a few people, so I don’t have an exact answer at the moment

This sucks then. Well how do I run your mod without natkra90's All in One mod? Do I have to remove that completely from the game folder?
chronoxiong

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:13 am

chronoxiong wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:

This sucks then. Well how do I run your mod without natkra90's All in One mod? Do I have to remove that completely from the game folder?

I haven’t looked into how his mod works at all. I would just make sure my mod folder is named waigua
Thunder Shaq

Postby chronoxiong on Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:54 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:

I haven’t looked into how his mod works at all. I would just make sure my mod folder is named waigua

What his mod does is it changes the config file into one that is already preloaded with the scoreboards, gooey and all other graphics to mimic the era that your roster teams came from. So for example, if picking the 09-10 Lakers as the home team, they will be using an ESPN scoreboard that someone else created that was similar to the ones ESPN was using during that time. Complete with the gooey overlays and other stuff. Same if you pick one of the 80's Lakers teams as the home team. Their scoreboard will be one from that era. Its pretty neat and that is what I liked about his All-In-One mod.

Forgot to mention that because of his All-In-One mod, I wasn't allowed to use the other Bubble mods that were posted in this forum. He wasn't around to help tell us what to do.
chronoxiong

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:51 am

'14 Bankers Life Fieldhouse (2014 Pacers currently use the 2020 court, even in the default roster)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vou9i7l1a ... e.zip/file
Credits to kodrinsky for original textures, Lagoa for court template and lightmap file.

Install both floor and floor lightmap files with the 2K Hook tool.
RayRay_953

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:54 am

I didn't realize I forgot to assign the accurate court. Thanks! I know I did for the 2010 roster, they all start to blend together now :lol:
Thunder Shaq

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: Alternate Teams Roster Released!

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:07 am

I have come out with an alternate version of the URR with a more late 2000s flare
phpBB [video]

List of changes:
2011 Heat -> 2010 Heat
1994 Heat -> 2004 Heat
1994 Bulls -> 2015 Bulls
2011 Bulls -> 2012 Bulls
2008 Nuggets -> 2007 Nuggets
1992 Celtics -> 2002 Celtics
2008 Rockets -> 2009 Rockets
2014 Pacers -> 2012 Pacers
2013 Heat -> 2012 Heat
1977 Blazers -> 2014 Blazers
1997 Bullets -> 2014 Wizards
1987 Sonics -> 2016 Thunder
1976 Celtics -> 2017 Celtics
2003 Spurs -> 2016 Spurs
1983 Suns -> 2014 Nets
1986 Rockets -> 2015 Rockets
2019 Raptors -> 2016 Raptors
1985 Clippers -> 2015 Mavericks
2013 Grizzlies -> 2015 Grizzlies
1971 Hawks -> 2015 Hawks
2009 Cavaliers -> 2017 Cavaliers
2008 Hornets -> 2011 Hornets
2009 Magic -> 2010 Magic

The alternate roster is called: Ultimate Retro Roster V2 or just search Thunder Shaq

Down below is a tutorial on getting the rosters as a beginner, if you are just here for the latest mod pack add-on, you only need to download the 10-25 update (add this to your current waigua):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4l5pac1rm ... 29.7z/file

For Online Users, Search the name Thunder Shaq for the roster downloads accurate as of 10/25/20 (you will see both roster options)

Reminder
: This roster DOES NOT work in MyLeague, I am sorry :oops:

DISCLAIMER:: If you already have the main mod pack , 6/28/20 update pack and 9/29/20 update pack downloaded, you ONLY need to download the 10/25/20 update pack and add those files to your waigua.

IMPORTANT, Please download both the NBA2k_Hook and the mod files for best experience with this roster. Place both of these in your NBA 2k20 Folder

There are 5 VITAL downloads for this:

1:Main Mod Pack (this will be your waigua folder):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o9sxjbota ... 20.7z/file

2:6/28/20 Update Mod Pack, this was the first of 3 mod add-ons. Add this and the following two downloads to the waigua folder you download in the Main Mod Pack

http://www.mediafire.com/file/no891zgks ... te.7z/file

3: 9/29/20 Update Mod Pack almost there, just one more mod pack to download after this
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mhb2t0q7t ... 29.7z/file

4: 10/25/20 Update Mod Pack, this is absolutely necessary if you want to try out the alternate version of the roster. Also has updates for the original roster
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4l5pac1rm ... 29.7z/file

Make sure to add 6/28, 9/29, and 10/25 update packs to your Waigua folder that you download in the Main Mod pack. It is important you download all 4 mod packs and the following hook download

USE THE CONFIG FILE IN THE 9/29 DOWNLOAD AND PLACE IT IN YOUR NBA2K_HOOK

5:NBA2k_Hook tool: Needed for courts, portraits, and jerseys to show up properly. PLEASE download this and place the hook folder in your main NBA 2k directory (the same area where you also will place your waigua folder)

viewtopic.php?f=258&t=108024
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder2K20 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:16 am

Nice! Glad I could help.
Thunder2K20

Postby boogs_star on Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:14 pm

RayRay_953 wrote:I went ahead and updated various courts for some of the teams that were still using the default 2K texture/weren't year-specific.

'63 Boston Garden
[ Image ]

'67 Cow Palace
[ Image ]

The Forum '72
[ Image ]

The Forum '83
[ Image ]

The Forum '87
[ Image ]

'91 Great Western Forum
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

'96-'98 United Center
[ Image ]

[ Image ]
All 9 courts included; credits to kodrinsky for original textures, and lagoa for court template. Also included are variants for the 60's and 70's courts without the three point lines.

Since these are individually named, it's recommended that you assign these courts with the hook tool, along with the "lagoa_floor_lightmap.iff" file to avoid excess brightness on the courts.

hi is it possible your make more courts i really like the 60s/70s courts with the no three point line or is there a way i can get taught on how to mod courts myself?? im really keen to learn
boogs_star

Postby Thunder2K20 on Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:46 am

boogs_star wrote:
RayRay_953 wrote:I went ahead and updated various courts for some of the teams that were still using the default 2K texture/weren't year-specific.

'63 Boston Garden
[ Image ]

'67 Cow Palace
[ Image ]

The Forum '72
[ Image ]

The Forum '83
[ Image ]

The Forum '87
[ Image ]

'91 Great Western Forum
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

'96-'98 United Center
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

hi is it possible your make more courts i really like the 60s/70s courts with the no three point line or is there a way i can get taught on how to mod courts myself?? im really keen to learn

TGSo Good has a video for making courts on his channel, you can search it up on Youtube
Thunder2K20

Postby Simonn-Lee on Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:43 pm

2000s roster is fantastic!!Glad u finally made it :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Simonn-Lee

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:14 pm

Simonn-Lee wrote:2000s roster is fantastic!!Glad u finally made it :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You just reminded me to add you to the credits for the 2017 Cavaliers blue alternate jerseys :lol:
Thunder Shaq

Postby Simonn-Lee on Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
Simonn-Lee wrote:2000s roster is fantastic!!Glad u finally made it :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You just reminded me to add you to the credits for the 2017 Cavaliers blue alternate jerseys :lol:

haha that's my pleasure :lol: :wink:
Thank u again for doing everything!!
Simonn-Lee

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding