NBA 2k77 In Development! Demo Out Now in this Thread! Join the Community Server!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K21 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

NBA 2k77 In Development! Demo Out Now in this Thread! Join the Community Server!

Postby dlubell on Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:34 am

Officially announcing NBA 2k77! An ambitious roster project featuring custom jerseys, courts, stadiums, cyberfaces, and much more!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DRAFT CLASSES: The 2k77 Team plans to create 43 custom draft classes so that MyLeague simulations from 1977-2020 are possible, and that's not all...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DECADE REBRAND PACKS: We also are working on a set of 4 expansions which are to be placed into your Mods folder periodically during simulations. These will include updated jerseys, courts, logos, and possibly stadiums as well for the start of each decade since 1980! They will also be the ideal method of expanding the NBA from 1977's 22 teams to todays 30, since the branding, of these teams will be included in the packs as they are added to the league
That's all for today, stay tuned on this thread for more information regarding 2k77!
This project is worked on by a great team of skilled modders including: Dlubell, Deibys, Mahmood, Loaf, ChaosTheory, Cheesyy. JJcreates, Manni Live, Sticky-Fingers, Wes the great, Martoluthor, Sheeve, Paulfieldstres, Gpk, Mjk, bayareabred2khead, and Thunder Shaq!

Join The Community Server Today! https://discord.gg/RKCmgUdURT

THIS MOD IS COMPLETE AND IS HOUSED ON A SEPERATE NLSC THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=267&t=112143
Last edited by dlubell on Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:03 am, edited 11 times in total.
dlubell

Re: ANOUNCEMENT: NBA 2k77 In Development!

Postby kidhybrid89 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:17 am

This sounds great. If you guys need any extra help let me know.

Good luck either way!
kidhybrid89

Postby Wes The Great on Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:36 am

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Last edited by Wes The Great on Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wes The Great

Postby PabloFieldsJr on Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:48 am

Love to help.
This sounds great though! :D (Y)
PabloFieldsJr

Postby gp2k25 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:41 am

This will be great.
gp2k25

Postby gp2k25 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:43 am

To bad there isnt a way to set the rules to start with the rules of 77. and no 3 point line.
gp2k25

Postby PabloFieldsJr on Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:46 pm

Ik how to download mods. Ik how to assign cyberfaces to players in game. I kinda know how to use cheat engine.
PabloFieldsJr

Postby PabloFieldsJr on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:04 am

What's the discord?
PabloFieldsJr

Postby dlubell on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:48 am

Hey Guys! I wanted to give you all a quick update on how 2k77 is going! We have much of the art (courts, jerseys, etc) created already and are progressing quite quickly, with a tentative release date of the new year or possibly a bit after. Expect a 2 team demo in the coming weeks! Here is a menu screenshot of our 2k77 Menu Overhaul:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dlubell on Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
dlubell

Re: NBA 2k77 In Development!

Postby cujomatty on Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:26 am

This looks real good. Excited to play this.
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
cujomatty

Demo Progress Update!

Postby dlubell on Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:26 am

Hey Guys! Another Update from the 2k77 Team! We have the Sixers and Blazers almost entirely finished, and so a demo focused on them and their finals matchup should be released within the next few weeks! Till then, here are some screenshots for you to take a look at:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlubell

Re: NBA 2k77 In Development!

Postby MKG100Black on Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:18 am

Ya'll are some legends bro's :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
MKG100Black

NBA 2K77 Demo Official Release!

Postby dlubell on Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:47 pm

Its finally that time guys! We have been working hard for quite some time to bring you all a sneak peak at 2K77. So without further ado, heres the 1977 NBA Finals Demo!

Instructions:
1. Place the contents of the Zip file into your Mods folder
2. Load up NBA 2K21.
3. Head to Play Now and search "dlubell" or "Official 2k77 Demo"
4. Enjoy!

(I have also made a downloadable season scenario that allows you to play the finals in the true finals setting, so enjoy that too!)
I hope this tides you all over until release, and stay here for weekly updates on the progress of NBA 2K77!

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ar92h31q ... o.zip/file
Last edited by dlubell on Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
dlubell

Re: NBA 2K77 Demo Official Release!

Postby gp2k25 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:03 pm

dlubell wrote:Its finally that time guys! We have been working hard for quite some time to bring you all a sneak peak at 2K77. So without further ado, heres the 1977 NBA Finals Demo!

[ Image ]

Instructions:
1. Place the contents of the Zip file into your Mods folder
2. Load up NBA 2K21.
3. Head to Play Now and search "dlubell" or "Official 2k77 Demo"
4. Enjoy!

(I have also made a downloadable season scenario that allows you to play the finals in the true finals setting, so enjoy that too!)
I hope this tides you all over until release, and stay here for weekly updates on the progress of NBA 2K77!

Download: https://mega.nz/file/aC5SxCDI#SceTM-Zfq ... gliCLSsk-k

You guys are on another level. Very good work. I am looking forward to playing 2k77.
gp2k25

Re: NBA 2k77 In Development! Demo Out Now in this Thread!

Postby nog2k on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:13 am

nice work guys
nog2k

Postby Shuajota on Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:09 am

Congrats on the demo release.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby Aardwolf10 on Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:26 am

This is the mod I have always wanted. THANK YOU guys. Will any draft classes be made available in the short term by chance? That would go a long way to satiate our hunger for this. :D
Aardwolf10

Postby dlubell on Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Aardwolf10 wrote:This is the mod I have always wanted. THANK YOU guys. Will any draft classes be made available in the short term by chance? That would go a long way to satiate our hunger for this. :D
The goal is to drop the main roster, then to focus on draft classes and rebrand packs once those are completed.
dlubell

Postby Simonn-Lee on Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:10 am

OH MY GOODNESS :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :applaud: :applaud:
Amazing
Simonn-Lee

Postby PabloFieldsJr on Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:41 pm

Hey anyone that's good at doing cyber faces lmk please our guys on the team is just having piles and piles of faces to make and it is stressful. Especially players from like before 1990.
PabloFieldsJr

Postby makeliz47 on Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:02 am

Great project man and props to the team im relatively new to 2k21 modding and it does remind of UBR but just wondering if the rosters/draft classes in the future be uploaded to as a file to be downloaded as i dont have access to 2kshare and mainly plays offline.
makeliz47

Postby emotional_banana on Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:27 am

So stoked to see this. Will definitely load up the demo soon and give feedback. I was going to work on a 1980's mod, but since this amazing mod is coming out, I can put my efforts into helping you instead, just hollar.
emotional_banana

Postby emotional_banana on Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:38 am

Tried out the demo. Everything looks amazing, love the splash screens and the art styles. The court looks great and gives a great feel to driving down the court as Dr J. Not having the three point line is an awesome touch.

I'm not sure if it's on my end or not but Caldwell Jones isn't loading into the game, he's just a ghost.

Also, you're probably aware but I just want to put it anyways jic, Lionel Hollins has compression shorts and a compression sleeve. I'm pretty confident those weren't a thing in 1977.

This isn't important, but at least for me Blacktop games don't seem to load (I wanted to try and do a one on one with Bill Walton and Dr. J). Again, not sure if this is on my end or just what's going on with the demo. I tried multiple times but it just sits at 70%.

On that note, obviously you guys have a ton on your plate and it's bottom priority but, if you are open to suggestions for content down the line I think a 70's style blacktop revamp (if it's even possible in this game) that is themed off of Rucker Park would be really cool. The 1970's battles there with Walt Frazier, Dr J, Kareem, etc would be a lot of fun to try and replicate.

All in all, apart from the small things I mentioned above, the demo looks great, and I look forward to what comes next.

Cheers
emotional_banana

Postby curro on Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:00 pm

dlubell wrote:Officially announcing NBA 2k77! An ambitious roster project featuring custom jerseys, courts, stadiums, cyberfaces, and much more!
DRAFT CLASSES: The 2k77 Team plans to create 43 custom draft classes so that MyLeague simulations from 1977-2020 are possible, and that's not all...
DECADE REBRAND PACKS: We also are working on a set of 4 expansions which are to be placed into your Mods folder periodically during simulations. These will include updated jerseys, courts, logos, and possibly stadiums as well for the start of each decade since 1980! They will also be the ideal method of expanding the NBA from 1977's 22 teams to todays 30, since the branding, of these teams will be included in the packs as they are added to the league
That's all for today, stay tuned on this thread for more information regarding 2k77!
This project is worked on by a great team of skilled modders including: Dlubell, Deibys, Mahmood, Loaf, ChaosTheory, Cheesyy. JJcreates, Manni Live, Sticky-Fingers, Muffin, Losjosh, Martoluthor, Sheeve, Teeko, The Roster GOAT Thunder Shaq, PettyPaulPierce, and Wes the Great!

when you say "DECADE REBRAND PACKS" you mean retro season rosters??
curro

Postby Mavsfan_1991 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:56 pm

Will the draft classes be more accurate to where the players were selected or how the careers played out? For example will Kobe likely be the first player picked in his draft or will he go be projected to go where he did in the actual draft?
Mavsfan_1991

Next

Return to NBA 2K21 Modding