D43 - Ultimate Classic Team Roster - VERSION 3 RELEASED!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: D43 - Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - VERSION 2 RELEASED!

Postby Andrew on Sun May 10, 2020 1:06 pm

PC only, sorry.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Saitmama1 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:42 am

D43 thanks for the great mod. By the way what gameplay sliders you are using personally. Anybody using any custom sliders , it would be great if you could share your sliders , thanks in advance.
Saitmama1

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:49 am

Saitmama1 wrote:D43 thanks for the great mod. By the way what gameplay sliders you are using personally. Anybody using any custom sliders , it would be great if you could share your sliders , thanks in advance.

I will send you a PM.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lesat on Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:23 am

D43 could you post the sliders you are using? I bet there are many people who would like to see them. Personally I'm using The Eccentric Edition sliders and couldn't find anything better.
Btw is there still any chance for UCTR v3, or at least 2.1 in the future? 2K17 is still the best nba gameplay-wise, you know... :wink:
Lesat

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:46 am

Lesat wrote:D43 could you post the sliders you are using? I bet there are many people who would like to see them. Personally I'm using The Eccentric Edition sliders and couldn't find anything better.
Btw is there still any chance for UCTR v3, or at least 2.1 in the future? 2K17 is still the best nba gameplay-wise, you know... :wink:

I have not PMd the other guy yet about sliders, but maybe I will just post my tweaks in here shortly

FYI, yes I am working on a V3 but I've just been so busy I cant seem to spend enough time on it. A V3 release is in the plans.

And I am in the same boat, I keep coming back to this game because I find it the best gameplay wise.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PhlyingT on Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:15 pm

Just wanna say THANK YOU again for the great work. Being huge fans of NBA 2Ks, me and my friends are so enjoying this roster. I`m from China and if you need help on some translation issues, feel free to let me know.
PhlyingT

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:33 pm

PhlyingT wrote:Just wanna say THANK YOU again for the great work. Being huge fans of NBA 2Ks, me and my friends are so enjoying this roster. I`m from China and if you need help on some translation issues, feel free to let me know.

You're welcome!!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all those who supported this project, and continue to. I looked and saw that this thread had over 300k views, and some of those came after the releases of 2K18, 2K19 and 2K20. It's cool to see that you guys still have this game installed, and I find it awesome that you are still enjoying this roster and asking for a V3.

It is in the works.

Thanks again!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sevin0seven on Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:12 am

Dee4Three wrote:V3....It is in the works.

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby TheSweatpantsMan on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:28 pm

Hey Dee, first of all I wanna say THANK YOU FOR THIS AWESOME ROSTER!
I'm having such a blast creating different Playoff Matchups in MyLeague. The level of detail is just incredible, really :bowdown:

Now if you're still working on Version 3, Id really love to see more teams from the past decade. One of the Spurs teams from 2012-14 would be awesome. Or how about the 12-13 Pacers, or Lob City Clippers?

Anyway, thanks for keeping this project going! :)
TheSweatpantsMan

Postby kryptonking on Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:06 am

I love these rosters! Just signed up to the forum now to say my thanks.
kryptonking

Postby sevin0seven on Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:23 am

Here's a small update for the 2007 Warriors Monta Ellis CF and Portrait:

:fire: Download Here: :fire:
2007 Monta Ellis CF/Portrait Update
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:35 am

sevin0seven wrote:Here's a small update for the 2007 Warriors Monta Ellis CF and Portrait:

[ Image ]

:fire: Download Here: :fire:
2007 Monta Ellis CF/Portrait Update

Great work!

If I release a V3, this will absolutely be included

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:40 am

kryptonking wrote:I love these rosters! Just signed up to the forum now to say my thanks.

Excellent! Glad you like the rosters!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:52 am

I went into photoshop and made 20+ portraits for the following new teams:

92-93 Hawks
90-91 Jazz
91-92 Spurs

All of these teams are 100% complete, and before releasing V3 I may just add the 13-14 Clippers and 08-09 Magic (or 01-02, undecided). Part of me still wants to put the 03-04 Rockets in, but between modding 2K21, the new systems coming out, and other responsibilities, I am not sure I will have time.

Note: The only portraits I didn't make out of the ones I am showing here are the Mark Eaton and Sean Elliott, they were already in the game. My brother is great at portraits, and has made a ton for this roster, but he got burnt out on it and has been super busy, so I went ahead and made a bunch. This isn't all of them, either. I made a many more for the other teams that were missing them (Though, the roster was pretty complete before)

The portraits are full body and clean with getty images removed.

Note: I have also converted a lot of faces (Like my Willie Anderson, and the game made Rod Strickland, etc) so the teams are looking really good. V3 will probably be the last version of this roster when it is released.... it's been fun.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:35 am

Dee 4 ..... V3! Yes! :fire:

Great additions to an already impressive classic team lineups! Those new portraits looks clean. I'm excited to see all the new faces you converted for this roster (I read somewhere you mentioned putting your Matt Maloney from 2K20 on this game - hope that made it as well...along with Eddie Johnson). Thank you for your hard work on this Dee. I always go back to 2K17 because of this great mod.

btw, I also updated Reggie Miller's full body portrait:

Let me know if you want these to be included this on V3 :cool: (wished I could had helped on this project a little more earlier...I was absent from this community during that year)
sevin0seven

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:36 pm

I created some retro dornas as well for this great mod:

this one goes well with the TNT scoreboard or theme.

both replaces the "2K" default generic dornas.
sevin0seven

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:49 pm

sevin0seven wrote:I created some retro dornas as well for this great mod:

[ Image ]
this one goes well with the TNT scoreboard or theme.

[ Image ]
both replaces the "2K" default generic dornas.

I love this...

I think I've decided to release V3 with 6 new teams

91-92 Spurs (overwriting 95-96)
90-91 Jazz
92-93 Hawks
03-04 Rockets
02-03 Magic
13-14 Clippers

So that will give us the best TMac, a great Francis, lob city Clippers, a young Stockton and Malone, Nique/Willis/Mookie/Augmon, and David Robinson/Elliott/Cummings/Strickland/Anderson

That will put the roster at a total of 45 new teams..... i also unlocked the 16 and 92 USA teams, and the Australian team (I didnt have them unlocked before)

I'll keep chipping away at it. 3 of the teams are done.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:52 pm

HELP REQUESTED:

I am short on time... but can anybody else try to convert faces for the 03-04 Rockets and 02-03 Magic that are not in the game???

I know how to do it, but am really strapped for time... if the faces were made by someone else, I can reach out to them and ask them for permission before releasing the roster.

Also, does anybody have the time to convert Danny Granger?

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:01 am

I love the team choices (Although I like the 2008-09 Magic slightly better, but TMac was needed)
Thunder Shaq

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:07 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:I love the team choices (Although I like the 2008-09 Magic slightly better, but TMac was needed)

I'm running out of room.

I've used all euro team slots with the exception of two, and now I've used all current team slots with the exception of the Hornets, Raptors and Timberwolves

If I ever get around to updating the all time teams roster, I'd like to put together all-decade teams combining

60s/70s
80s
90s
00s

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sevin0seven on Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:25 am

Dee4Three wrote:That will put the roster at a total of 45 new teams..... i also unlocked the 16 and 92 USA teams, and the Australian team (I didnt have them unlocked before)

Thank you for unlocking the 16, 92 USA teams! Regarding the Australian team (just my two cents) I feel like their an odd team for this roster mod since they are a FIBA/Int'l team. Not trying to put more work on you, maybe you can replace them with another historic team or a current team that is easy to do (like the 19' Champ Raptors or the soon to be 20' Champ this year).

Dee4Three wrote:HELP REQUESTED:

I am short on time... but can anybody else try to convert faces for the 03-04 Rockets and 02-03 Magic that are not in the game???

I know how to do it, but am really strapped for time... if the faces were made by someone else, I can reach out to them and ask them for permission before releasing the roster.

Also, does anybody have the time to convert Danny Granger?

Wished I could help on this department more but my converts at this moment are far from perfect (still learning). I'll try to see if someone made them outside this community (or try to attempt to do a few).

If there are any other art related (dornas, full body portraits, floors) you still need help on, I'm here bro! Will send you my files once your ready to receive them.
sevin0seven

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:47 pm

Nevermind on Granger. I converted him from 2K20 and grabbed his Clippers Portrait from 2K15 (Which reflected the 13-14 season)

So with the Clippers at like 95%, that about equals 4 of the new teams done.

Absolutely adding the 03-04 Rockets, but I guess I am still on the fence on which Magic team would go in.

TMac and Grant Hill would be cool, but the 2009 Magic did go to the finals... they just didnt have slashers like the 02-03 Magic had.

I'll think about it.. I have to do some conversions for the 03-04 Rockets and reach out to one of the guys who did the faces in order to get permission (he made Kelvin Cato, etc)

I am not against adding a few more teams if time permits (like a Marbury/Garnett Wolves team, the 96-97 or 07-08 Hornets team, possibly the 85-86 76ers with Barkley, Moses and Erving)... it's just more or a time thing as I have a lot of projects I'm working on in life.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: D43 - Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - VERSION 3 IN PROGRESS!

Postby sevin0seven on Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:40 am

Great work on Granger! (Y)

Here's the update on the dornas that I been working on (previews):

Dee4Three wrote:TMac and Grant Hill would be cool, but the 2009 Magic did go to the finals... they just didnt have slashers like the 02-03 Magic had.

I'll think about it.. I have to do some conversions for the 03-04 Rockets and reach out to one of the guys who did the faces in order to get permission (he made Kelvin Cato, etc)

I am not against adding a few more teams if time permits (like a Marbury/Garnett Wolves team, the 96-97 or 07-08 Hornets team, possibly the 85-86 76ers with Barkley, Moses and Erving)... it's just more or a time thing as I have a lot of projects I'm working on in life.

I think both Magic teams are cool, but if I were to choose one I would probably go with the 2009 Magic (Just to have a prime Howard going against Prime Ewing, Robinson, O'neal teams).

I definitely would love to see the 85-86 76ers (Erving, Malone, Barkley)! :fire:

If your still taking team surveys I would love to see these historic team if possible:

84-85 or 87-88 Nuggets (English, Lever...Adams)
01-02 Celtics (Walker, Pierce, Anderson)
91-92 Knicks (Ewing, X-Men, Jackson, Kiki) One of my fav Knicks quads
92-93 Clippers (Manning, Harper, Jackson, Norman)
sevin0seven

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:02 am

The Dornas are going to look great, thanks for your work on those.

Does anybody know if Gordon Giricek, Pat Burke, or Jeryl Sasser were created for NBA 2K20? I would love to convert them so I could complete the 02-03 Magic.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sevin0seven on Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:00 am

Dee4Three wrote:Does anybody know if Gordon Giricek, Pat Burke, or Jeryl Sasser were created for NBA 2K20? I would love to convert them so I could complete the 02-03 Magic.

This might help, these unknown CF from NBA 2K20 looks like Gordon Giricek and Pat Burke (if given minor tweaks or not):

5595 - Pat Burke (just give him thicker eye brows...and a bit longer face)
6068 - Gordon Giricek (has Gordon hairstyle, nose, eye brows, head shape similar...maybe it's him)

..and 0749 (Willis Reed...which doesn't really look like him) can be mistaken for Jeryl Sasser CF.
sevin0seven

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding