Sim Points Of Emphasis: Difference Between "No Preference" & "Neutral?"

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Sim Points Of Emphasis: Difference Between "No Preference" & "Neutral?"

Postby turcorox911 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:54 pm

In terms of the Sim Points Of Emphasis, What's the difference between "No Preference" & "Neutral?"

Let's take Offensive Focus for example. If I choose "No Preference" then what happens? What would happen if I choose "Neutral?"
If it helps, the other options available under Offensive Focus are "Play Through Star," "Get Shooters Open," "Pick and Roll Offense," "Get To The Basket," and "Feed The Post."

Also, there are "Neutral" and "No Preference" options for Defensive Focus, so what's the difference between the two there?
If it helps, the other options available under Defensive Focus are "Limit Perimeter Shots" and "Protect The Paint."
turcorox911

Re: Sim Points Of Emphasis: Difference Between "No Preference" & "Neutral?"

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:58 pm

Those options do seem tautological. I'm just guessing here, but "No Preference" might basically mean "dynamic/no set strategy", while "Neutral" might effectively mean "balanced".
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby turcorox911 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:23 pm

Andrew wrote:Those options do seem tautological. I'm just guessing here, but "No Preference" might basically mean "dynamic/no set strategy", while "Neutral" might effectively mean "balanced".

Yeah, that's my thinking. I feel like "No Preference" gives more deference to the CPU, who can maybe make changes on a game-by-game basis. But I'm not sure about that.

Neutral does seem like it means balanced though.
turcorox911

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:57 pm

This is also assuming that the different options work as intended, with any kind of noticeable difference.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby turcorox911 on Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:08 pm

Andrew wrote:This is also assuming that the different options work as intended, with any kind of noticeable difference.

That's true as well.
turcorox911

Return to NBA 2K20