Looking to upgrade or buy a new rig. Looking for guidance

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Looking to upgrade or buy a new rig. Looking for guidance

Postby rickberge on Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:11 am

Hey community,

I know I've kind of asked this question before but it was a while ago. Not sure if any new info or graphics cards have came out yet.

Basically, Im in the dilemma of updating my current CPU or just buying a new one. Seeing that 2k21 next gen will not be coming to PC, I want to go ahead and get the most out of my 2k21 while preparing for 2k22.

My current rig is:
CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme GXi10180A Desktop Gaming PC (Intel i7-7700 3.6GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Win 10 Home)

Yea I know its old bought it in 2017 but it was within my budget at the time... My current budget I'm looking at (for upgrades) is no more than$750 for any types of upgrades for my PC (graphics cards, processesors,etc...)

My question is:

Is this a good idea? Basically to upgrade my PC? Or is my PC too old to really be able to handle the modding of next gen 2k22?

I only play 2k and I dont do any streaming. I may pick up Madden and maybe another game but thats about it... I just really want to play 2k at a good framerate and use some of the ultra settings for modding.

Any help will be appreciated, Im still new at this...and by the way I got some graphics cards in mind.
rickberge

Re: Looking to upgrade or buy a new rig. Looking for guidance

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:12 pm

We can't really answer any questions about NBA 2K22 PC or modding at this time. History suggests that it'll be a Next Gen port (looking back at what happened with NBA 2K14 and NBA 2K15), but that admittedly hasn't been confirmed, and we don't know what kind of specs it will demand at this juncture either. In all likelihood we'll have to develop new tools as well.

Generally speaking though, you may want to upgrade the video card, but apart from that, you've still got a rig that should hold up for a while yet. It should certainly handle NBA 2K21, especially if you do invest in a new video card.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Looking to upgrade or buy a new rig. Looking for guidance

Postby rickberge on Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:21 pm

Okay thanks Andrew.

Yea I may just upgrade my video card for the time being. I've seen some pretty decent ones within my price range.
rickberge

Return to NBA 2K20