General 2k20 Discussion

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Re: General 2k20 Discussion

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:45 am

How do the locker codes work? Are there codes already out there to use or do you earn those yourself through playing the game?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:56 am

They're released periodically via social media. There are a few that never expire, but most expire within a week. Some influencers get codes that expire in 12 hours, but they tend to be rarer. They're entered through a menu in MyTEAM (specifically under the Options tab); some will take you to a Pachinko-like mini-game where you can aim for one of the rewards on the board, some immediately grant a specific reward. It depends on the code.

Aside from following the official NBA 2K MyTEAM Twitter account, 2KLockerCode.com lists all of the active codes, and adds new ones as they're released.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:54 am

Nice. thanks, Andrew. How's the game on creating multiple players like NBA LIve? Or are you stuck with the one player
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:22 am

You can start multiple MyCAREER games, and the new MyPLAYER Builder helps you test out builds and Badge configurations before you commit to anything. Clothes are even shared between your files this year, though players also share the same appearance.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 am

Is it worth the 6 dollars though? 2k19 was absolute dogshit and I thought 2k18 was bad. Thinking of buying it.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby [Q] on Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:58 pm

Free on Playstation, but the Steam version is on sale so maybe it's cheap enough if you like playing with mods. That's the only reason I could see anyone choosing to pay unless they don't have a PS4
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:28 pm

Kevin wrote:Is it worth the 6 dollars though? 2k19 was absolute dogshit and I thought 2k18 was bad. Thinking of buying it.

I mean, if you didn't like them at all then you probably won't find NBA 2K20 to be much different. Personally I've enjoyed NBA 2K19 and NBA 2K20, but gave up on NBA 2K18 very early in the piece. At 85% off it isn't a huge investment if you turn out not to like it, but if you can't stand the thought of spending a single cent on something you don't like, then be forewarned that NBA 2K20 is not dissimilar to NBA 2K19 in most ways (though it does play a bit slower). Obviously there's no risk at all if you're talking about PS4 version being free on PlayStation Plus.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Played through the prelude and at the movie shoot, I almost shed a tear when I saw Kuzma, Ball, and Ingram together when they were presumably still teammates

Also I finally made it to the neighborhood and I quickly remembered how much I hated the playground. Games are impossible to get as people do everything in their power to not team up with you or keep you out of games. Brown shirts have feelings too. Or you get matched up against 98 overalls and get killed. I finally got into a game but my connection got pretty bad and it was barely playable. My team was one point away from winning and I got an error message, exiting the mode and not giving me the reputation that I had been working to get. I nearly lost my mind after that. What a waste of my time.

I also found it very difficult to justify spending time playing my team games as you spend a contract for each player on your team to potentially lose and not gain anything. I lost the first weekly challenge which I think was on rookie difficulty against the Lakers lol
I gave up after that and settled for entering free locker codes instead
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:21 pm

With all the active Locker Codes, you should be able to get a good team together fairly quickly. That'll make the Challenges and other games somewhat easier.

It's definitely tough trying to get Playground games without first levelling up your MyREP (and of course, wearing the default outfit). The Catch-22, of course, is that you need to get games in order to level up your MyREP in the first place. It's a broken system that invites elitism and toxicity, and the complete lack of matchmaking doesn't help. With that being said, if we can get you into a few games with the NLSC squad, either in 3v3 Pro-Am or even The Rec, we might be able to help you get your MyREP up. A subpar connection is going to be an issue though, so I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to avoid the online scene entirely. We've got your back if you want to join in with us, though!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:04 am

Yeah I'm down to join in, I am hopefully getting my internet rewired and fixed tomorrow so fingers crossed on that
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:23 pm

Great! We'll have to set up some times. We're 17 hours apart, so maybe evenings our time/morning or afternoon your time (or vice versa) on a weekend will work.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:07 pm

Yeah, it looks like your mornings & afternoons line up with good times to play during the day here.

Also, After losing a few myLeague games, I have a couple of questions on just basic things about the game that frustrated me and if there's something that can be done about it.

1. A lot of times on fast breaks or when I get past the defender, I have an open lane for a dunk and with turbo R2 held I go and try to dunk but it doesn't even attempt a layup, it either does nothing or pump fakes a lot of times. the pump fakes allow the defender to recover and then I wind up missing the layup.Maybe I'm used to Live but is there a surefire way to attempt more layups and dunks?

2. In Live I always pride myself on playing PG or playing defense against whoever has the ball but I have found that many times the defender simply stops moving (especially when holding L2) or gets turned around and the ballhandler gets an easy blow by for a layup or dunk. Also, when picks get set up, I don't even run into the screen but there's so much confusion between me and the cpu teammate that it often ends up in an easy basket for the offense. Any tips for on-ball defense?

3. I got burned by players that were very 3 point happy and they put it up with any kind of space they had. I eventually found the "no 3 pointers" setting which helped, but is there a way to bother these shots that go up? Should I hold up on the stick to contest or triangle to swat at it?

4. I'm having a hard time hitting jump shots. Is there a setting to make the meter bigger or do I just need to practice? The problem is that some players have a hitch in their shot animation or they don't shoot right away so it throws my timing way off. What can I do?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Previous

Return to NBA 2K20