Play Online With Each Other Using Parsec

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Play Online With Each Other Using Parsec

Postby SluggySports on Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:36 am

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if anyone mentioned this in the past but is anyone familiar with Parsec? I finally used it today and I had a blast! It is basically an app for your PC to host games to others. It is something I've wanted for a long time since joining this community. I figured it is very beneficial for those who enjoy playing online from time to time and would like to play each other with these different mods you guys created over the years. I played NBA 2k14 URB mod against someone with this app. It is super fun playing with all the retro content. Basically, if anyone is interested, you can download the app parsecgaming.com and add me as a friend SluggySports. Thank you for your time
Last edited by SluggySports on Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
SluggySports

Re: Parsec

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:10 am

I will have to look into this!

I've been wanting to get games together against people on 2k17, 2k16, 2K14. 2k13 etc.

How does the connection aspect work? Guessing it has to be steam games?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SluggySports on Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:14 am

Dee4Three wrote:I will have to look into this!

I've been wanting to get games together against people on 2k17, 2k16, 2K14. 2k13 etc.

You can host any game on your PC......it's incredible......it's basically like playing with different players like they're at your house .......old school lol
SluggySports

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:26 am

iamsluggy wrote:

You can host any game on your PC......it's incredible......it's basically like playing with different players like they're at your house .......old school lol

So basically... as long as the person has the game, they are all set and it's easy to connect?

Looking into this today. That is a big deal.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SluggySports on Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:40 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
iamsluggy wrote:

So basically... as long as the person has the game, they are all set and it's easy to connect?

Looking into this today. That is a big deal.

yes, as simple as it sounds. Of course, internet connection has been decent if you want smooth gameplay if you're not hosting the game
SluggySports

Re: Play Online With Each Other Using Parsec

Postby jmmontoro on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:25 am

Parsec is amazing, one of those hidden gems no one knows about. You only need a good host computer with good upload speed, that's the bottle neck. You can play whatever you want with whoever you want, it even has an Arcade module with random people hosting games you can join or just use it as a remote computer, that's how I roll. As a tip, unplug or disable any unused controllers on the host computer, as Parsec will prioritize host devices. It's safe if you know what you're doing, you can limit client interactions to a specific app on the host.
jmmontoro

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:36 am

This sounds incredible. I may download tonight
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jk31 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:38 am

what the difference compared to steams own "remote Play together"?
jk31

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:53 am

TGsoGood wrote:This sounds incredible. I may download tonight

Maybe we can get a game together sometime.

In the short term, I'd like to get games together with you, Andrew, and Sticky Fingers.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby thirdeyekidman on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:04 am

iamsluggy wrote:Hello everyone,

I am not sure if anyone mentioned this in the past but is anyone familiar with Parsec? I finally used it today and I had a blast! It is basically an app for your PC to host games to others. It is something I've wanted for a long time since joining this community. I figured it is very beneficial for those who enjoy playing online from time to time and would like to play each other with these different mods you guys created over the years. I played NBA 2k14 URB mod against someone with this app. It is super fun playing with all the retro content. Basically, if anyone is interested, you can download the app parsecgaming.com and add me as a friend SluggySports. Thank you for your time

Thanks to you I've now started using this great program. Will be adding you now.
Anyone else feel free to send an add; thirdeyekidman
thirdeyekidman

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:45 pm

I was wondering how on one channel two guys have been playing a PS2 game together from different houses and today he mentioned Parsec and I immediately remembered this thread. Seems like a great program
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby SluggySports on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:59 am

thirdeyekidman wrote:
iamsluggy wrote:Hello everyone,

Thanks to you I've now started using this great program. Will be adding you now.
Anyone else feel free to send an add; thirdeyekidman

no problem! I'll do the same
SluggySports

Postby SluggySports on Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:04 am

[Q] wrote:I was wondering how on one channel two guys have been playing a PS2 game together from different houses and today he mentioned Parsec and I immediately remembered this thread. Seems like a great program

Yes, same story for me a few weeks ago...that's how I found out about the program
SluggySports

Postby SluggySports on Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:06 am

jk31 wrote:what the difference compared to steams own "remote Play together"?

good question....I wasn't aware of steams remote play together....but with parsec you able to host any game on the PC ...steam or not
SluggySports

Postby jmmontoro on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:28 am

There's not much difference with Steam Remote Play Togheter, specially with Steam games, maybe some dark setting here and there. My experience Parsec works best with slower upload speeds than Steam, and obviously for anything outside from Steam and straight up remote desktop. If you plan to host Steam games and have a solid upload speed maybe there's not much to gain from Parsec.
jmmontoro

Return to NBA 2K20