NLSC Current Roster for NBA 2K11: 2020 Season

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NLSC Current Roster for NBA 2K11: 2020 Season

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:16 am

All current players have been created! That means all players currently under contract, including two way players who will be in the Free Agents as necessary since teams in NBA 2K11 don't have 17 roster spots. I'm still assigning faces, and should have an updated list of what's still missing shortly. I also need to get onto making a list of coach faces, though they're admittedly not as high a priority as the players as we see a lot more of the latter during gameplay. I also need to keep fixing/updating ratings and tendencies, which should go a lot smoother now that I have everyone created.

Other things like updating the All-Star teams, accessory colours, and placing other art files, are finishing touches/details that will be done in between completing the players. Still a ways to go, but it's coming along, and the end is at least on the horizon rather than being nowhere in sight. I'm looking forward to getting it done, and then seeing what other projects can be made.

I'll have another episode of Making a Mod out before the mod itself is out, and some more previews after I've placed some more art files. As long as the project has taken, it's also been an enjoyable learning experience having spent so many years updating NBA Live and only now really getting into 2K modding, so for all the tedious moments, I'm glad I decided to persevere with it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tinpanalley on Sat May 02, 2020 12:50 pm

Andrew wrote:All current players have been created! ....I'm glad I decided to persevere with it.

And I for one am as well. I have a feeling it's gonna be amazing. (Y)
tinpanalley

Postby Andrew on Sat May 02, 2020 8:35 pm

Certainly hope I can live up to expectations. :)

With that being said though, I will definitely be open to feedback on shooting animations, tendencies, and other edits to further enhance it. I'm obviously going to try to do the best job I possibly can before I put the roster out there, but with over 400 active players, it's naive to think you won't overlook a few things or miss an animation that could be better. So once it's out, I'll welcome that feedback.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Nigogu on Mon May 11, 2020 2:28 pm

Hello, Andrew.

I played with your roster for NBA Live 08 many years ago and I hope to make a comeback to basketball games with this roster.

It's looking great so far. Thank you very much for your work.
Nigogu

Postby Andrew on Mon May 11, 2020 2:34 pm

Appreciate the support!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JuicyShaqMeat on Wed May 13, 2020 8:02 pm

I really look forward to this project of yours, Andrew! Keep it going (Y)

If you ever need an extra hand, you know who to call... or chat :cheeky: :cheeky:
Thank you Kobe!

Until 2020, I made NBA 2K11 patches including jerseys, courts, logos and classic teams.

My YouTube channel | Pistons Association story - 2K11
JuicyShaqMeat
I want that

Postby Andrew on Wed May 13, 2020 10:08 pm

Will do! I need to update the list of required art, once I've exhausted all the assets I've got on hand and find the gaps.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun May 17, 2020 2:07 am

I still want to get back to doing Making a Mod videos, but I can confirm that all necessary players as of March 11th (the shutdown) are in the rosters. I'm still placing faces, but that's a big step. As far as having all the players on the right teams, plus all two-way players created and in the Free Agents (except where they can be on an NBA roster due to there being less than 15 fully contracted players), the rosters have been updated. When I posted my previous update, there were a couple of transactions that I'd missed, but now the rosters are accurate in that regard.

Work continues on the ratings, tendencies, animations, etc. I'm also placing art files to see what I'm missing, and as noted before, I'm also updating the finer details like All-Star teams, accessory colours, and so on. A few more teasers:

I've decided that once I get everything done with the roster, I'll be importing the data into a fresh file and overwriting different players to the ones I've overwritten so far. That way, I'll free up the CAP slots, bring back the unlockable players, and make the roster backwards compatible with older seasons, should we ever end up going that route. That's something to work on when I've got a finished roster to copy from, though. I wish I'd known the trick with erasing career stats and how the CAP limit can't be bypassed in the same way we used to do for NBA Live before I got this far, but it's all been part of the learning experience and I've enjoyed that as well. I'm also going to change the names of some custom face files to be in line with 2klove's roster and rosters for other 2K games, for greater compatibility and uniformity.

Thanks for bearing with me as this project has taken longer than I expected, starting life as a 2016/2017 update and suffering setbacks, but with everything figured out, it's just a matter of time (and I do have that right now). I feel like once this is done, I can turn my attention to some other projects for NBA 2K11, with the knowledge and assets I've assembled.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:01 am

Looks great can't wait!
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:45 am

The roster is coming together! With the impending resumption of the NBA season, I'm working hard to get this finished ASAP. There'll be a new episode of Making a Mod out soon, but for now I wanted to give a quick status update, along with some previews and a teaser. Also, I have an updated list of art required which can be found below, and in the first post.

- All players created with correct bio data.
- Ratings, tendencies, and animations are still being worked on.
- A majority of new players have faces; remaining faces will be added as they're available.
- Most of the missing faces are benchwarmers, G League assignments, and Two-Way players. Worst case scenario, I'll give them CAP appearances or placeholder faces until such time as I have proper faces for them.
- Original players will also have updated faces where available (I've been focusing on making sure new players have faces first).
- East and West All-Stars have been updated for the 2020 season.
- Jerseys and courts are in place, but I still need to do some double-checking to make sure they're all up to date (should already be 99.9% up to date and properly assigned, I believe).
- CF_IDs match 2Klove's roster, for increased compatibility.
- Salaries will be proportionally adjusted for the smaller salary cap in NBA 2K11.
- Additional details like accessory colours and so forth will also be among the final touches.

Some screenshots. Check out those Zion Williamson and Luka Doncic faces by Maravich!

And a quick teaser.

phpBB [video]

The NLSC was founded as the Home of Roster Updates. Welcome Home.

Art Currently Needed

Player Faces

Shake Milton
Jalen McDaniels
Bruno Fernando
Treveon Graham
KZ Okpala
Nigel Williams-Goss
Miye Oni
Juwan Morgan
Kyle Guy
Justin James
Ignas Brazdeikis
Wes Iwundu
Khem Birch
Nicolas Claxton
Vlatko Cancar
Edmond Sumner
Malcolm Miller
Dewan Hernandez
Drew Eubanks
Isaiah Roby
Jordan McLaughlin
Juan Toscano-Anderson
Admiral Schofield
Justin Wright-Foreman
Johnathan Williams
Ray Spalding
Marial Shayok
Tremont Waters
Jordan Bone
Brandon Goodwin
Mychal Mulder
Sheldon Mac
Marko Guduric
Charlie Brown
Naz Reid
Jalen Lecque
Jaylen Hoard
Vic Law
Gabe Vincent
Javonte Green
Terence Davis
Matt Thomas
Matt Mooney
John Konchar
Josh Gray
Paul Watson
Max Strus
Jeremiah Martin
Adam Mokoka
Kenny Wooten
Chris Chiozza
Antonius Cleveland
Michael Frazier
Theo Pinson
Josh Reaves
Brian Bowen
Dean Wade
Zylan Cheatham
Garrison Mathews
Naz Mitrou-Long
Louis King
William Howard
PJ Dozier
Kelan Martin
Luguentz Dort
Moses Brown
Deonte Burton
Derrick Walton
DeVontae Cacok
DaQuan Jeffries
B.J. Johnson
Amir Coffey
Sir'Dominic Pointer
Wenyen Gabriel
Kyle Alexander
Rayjon Tucker
Donta Hall
Jared Harper
Jarrod Uthoff
Jontay Porter
Tariq Owens
Joe Chealey
Cameron Reynolds
Oshae Brissett

Jerseys

(None for now)

Logos

(None for now)

Courts

(None for now)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tinpanalley on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:59 am

Andrew wrote:The roster is coming together!

This is absolutely phenomenal. Thank you so much!!! Looking so forward to it.
tinpanalley

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:11 pm

As always, appreciate the support and interest. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:41 am

Episode #3 of Making a Mod!

phpBB [video]

Work continues, further updates soon.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:48 am

Good stuff mate gonna have to catch up :applaud:
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:59 am

Thanks. :)

Still a fair amount of faces missing if anyone else is willing to help out with conversions or creating them. Maravich has sent along some fantastic faces already, but it's a big workload for just one person and he's already being very generous with his time and effort. List can be found in the first post!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jere2K on Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:47 pm

Is the Orlando Bubble Court will release?
Jere2K

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:58 pm

No one's made one. If someone does make one and is happy for me to include it, then I will. At the moment no one has, so right now I can't.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby baoluke123 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:38 pm

Really admire you and all the people who put so much hard work into this nba 2k11 mod project.Hope you guys will release this soon.
baoluke123

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:05 am

Fingers crossed! At this point I may have to use CAP faces for some of the players, but a majority of the prominent players will have real faces at least.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jere2K on Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:40 am

https://bbs.eyeuc.com/t/82003
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1Aj_BtWVe1-r9vWGVUxp7-Q extraction code: qjbf

2KLove created a Bubble court on 2k11. on Eyeuc.
Jere2K

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:46 am

I'm not able to download anything from there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NBA NOOB on Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:09 am

Can't wait for you guys to post the mod checking the site every day lol :D
NBA NOOB

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:24 am

Thanks! I appreciate the support and interest!

I'm still working my way through the attributes and whatnot. I want to finish up the 2020 season and go straight through to the 2021 season. This project has spanned so many seasons without a release, but I'm confident that I can finally make it happen. :)

I do still need to track down some art updates, including the ones mentioned in the first post. As always, any assistance there would be appreciated.

Something I am looking to do is to copy the roster data into a fresh one where I'm overwriting all unneeded players and not creating any new ones, so that all of the CAP slots will be available for the end user. I think this will allow for more flexibility with the rosters, while also making re-purposing a lot of data that's no longer being used. Now that I know how to blank out career stats, this is now a viable, even preferable approach, and one that I'll utilise in any other roster projects moving forward (and I would like to do other things once the current roster is done). I'll also mean we don't have to lose the unlockable developer and celebrity teams.

Another thing I'd like to do is maximise compatibility with original files and other custom rosters, especially with things like jerseys and courts. If we ever get to a point where we can do multi-season roster packs, it'd be nice to be prepared for that. In the meantime, getting the core features of the roster finished - the actual roster update itself - is the priority.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:56 pm

I had grand plans of getting this out for Christmas, and a 2021 season update out not long after that. Unfortunately, my time management on the project simply hasn't been good, especially trying to juggle my weekly features, and of course, work and personal life. Apologies for continuing to drag this seemingly never-ending project out even longer!

Basically, my plan is this. I'd like to get a final 2020 season roster out sometime in January; probably mid January at the earliest. Hopefully by that point, there'll also be some assets to get a 2021 season out as well, or at least have it well under way. I'll post some further progress updates in the meantime, as well as update the list of required artwork for anyone who wants to lend a hand.

Speaking of which, if you're willing and able to lend a hand with art updates, let me know. A few people have indicated that they're willing to allow their updates for NBA 2K14 to be converted for use with NBA 2K11, so if that speeds up the process and you're able to help out there, I'd definitely be grateful.

I'd also like to get the Kobe tribute roster done by the anniversary of his untimely passing, but finally getting a current roster done remains the priority. Once again, I appreciate everyone's patience and support so far. I've got some time this holiday season, so I'm going to give it my all. I'd love to try my hand at some other projects, but first things first.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding