PPP - Anthony Edwards (2k22 version) converted by kidyhbrid

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: PettyPaulPierce - Ziaire Williams released

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Fri May 15, 2020 9:59 pm

Ayston wrote:Shareef and Shaqir O'Neal are on the books ? :o

(fun facts, they are both in the Suns in my MyLeague haha)

Eventually yes, i will make them, just can't promise when. Focusing on these top prospects now, but i will get to them.
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby Rimbaud82 on Fri May 15, 2020 10:43 pm

PettyPaulPierce wrote:
superbug wrote:
PettyPaulPierce wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:That's a really great start. You've really improved with the eyes and overall modeling. No parts of the model look weird or "forced". Just plain clean. My congratulations man! Only thing I'd touch a little is maybe we've gone too far with the "Ice Age Sid" look, but everything else looks amazing. No doubt I'll dive into it texture-wise!

Placed the eyes a bit closer together. Subtle difference but i guess it makes your texture work easier so i did it ASAP. Hope it's better now?

Your new models look great, I was wondering if you were going to make maybe a mikey williams or brandon boston jr it seems no one has made one yet and would be really cool if you could give it a shot either way good luck with your work.

I think no one is making any of these 21' prospects, unless you're paying for mods :D but yeah, boston jr will be made very soon, as for mikey, if i'm not mistaken he's in the class of 23' so he's not my priority now, but yeah, i'll make him eventually too. I highly doubt i will be purchasing another 2k game till next gen is out, due to the sheer amount of work i've put in modding 2k20 so i will eventually make the entire 21' 22' and 23' draft classes, at least the first rounds of each.

happy fucking days lol :applaud:
Rimbaud82

Postby green15 on Fri May 15, 2020 11:12 pm

Ziaire Williams was a good one too, you're truly improving.

Btw, will Rob's latest Jalen Johnson and Scottie Barnes release too?
green15

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Fri May 15, 2020 11:13 pm

Rimbaud82 wrote:
PettyPaulPierce wrote:
superbug wrote:
PettyPaulPierce wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:That's a really great start. You've really improved with the eyes and overall modeling. No parts of the model look weird or "forced". Just plain clean. My congratulations man! Only thing I'd touch a little is maybe we've gone too far with the "Ice Age Sid" look, but everything else looks amazing. No doubt I'll dive into it texture-wise!

Placed the eyes a bit closer together. Subtle difference but i guess it makes your texture work easier so i did it ASAP. Hope it's better now?

Your new models look great, I was wondering if you were going to make maybe a mikey williams or brandon boston jr it seems no one has made one yet and would be really cool if you could give it a shot either way good luck with your work.

I think no one is making any of these 21' prospects, unless you're paying for mods :D but yeah, boston jr will be made very soon, as for mikey, if i'm not mistaken he's in the class of 23' so he's not my priority now, but yeah, i'll make him eventually too. I highly doubt i will be purchasing another 2k game till next gen is out, due to the sheer amount of work i've put in modding 2k20 so i will eventually make the entire 21' 22' and 23' draft classes, at least the first rounds of each.

Yep, will take time but it can be a great project, and i will release stuff daily, like i have so far. With those 3 drafts and many fictional cyberfaces that can be found here, for drafts after 23', it can really up the ante for the myleague experience. Till 2k blows us away with the next gen release, hopefully :D
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby Rimbaud82 on Fri May 15, 2020 11:14 pm

PettyPaulPierce wrote:
Rimbaud82 wrote:
PettyPaulPierce wrote:
superbug wrote:
PettyPaulPierce wrote:

Yep, will take time but it can be a great project, and i will release stuff daily, like i have so far. With those 3 drafts and many fictional cyberfaces that can be found here, for drafts after 23', it can really up the ante for the myleague experience. Till 2k blows us away with the next gen release, hopefully :D

Absolutely mate :mrgreen:
Rimbaud82

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Fri May 15, 2020 11:16 pm

green15 wrote:Ziaire Williams was a good one too, you're truly improving.

Of course, as soon as he gets everything finished properly and finds the time he will send it to me and i will update them in the main post. Rob explained that he can't fully commit to anything officially, since he has other stuff to do as well, but i believe he will help with these face texture edits often, and he brings massive improvements as i'm not nearly as skilled in PS (working on it each day tho!)
PettyPaulPierce

Postby green15 on Sat May 16, 2020 12:44 am

PettyPaulPierce wrote:
green15 wrote:Ziaire Williams was a good one too, you're truly improving.

Of course, as soon as he gets everything finished properly and finds the time he will send it to me and i will update them in the main post. Rob explained that he can't fully commit to anything officially, since he has other stuff to do as well, but i believe he will help with these face texture edits often, and he brings massive improvements as i'm not nearly as skilled in PS (working on it each day tho!)

Totally understood, and i like your plan to create faces of top prospect even beyond 2021 classes, great one!
green15

Re: PettyPaulPierce - Usman Garuba and Ziaire Williams released

Postby Rimbaud82 on Sat May 16, 2020 9:10 am

Man thats a great great start at Garuba :applaud:

My only suggestion would be maybe don't have the neck just as thick, plus darken up the skin tone a bit but honestly looks great as is in terms of the overall facial likeness.
Rimbaud82

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Sat May 16, 2020 9:47 am

Rimbaud82 wrote:Man thats a great great start at Garuba :applaud:

My only suggestion would be maybe don't have the neck just as thick, plus darken up the skin tone a bit but honestly looks great as is in terms of the overall facial likeness.

Thanks! Those are some easy fixes, thanks for the feedback, it's always useful to me as i miss some details often! Will fix it tomorrow morning!
PettyPaulPierce

Postby Aston on Sat May 16, 2020 11:51 am

Nice Garuba!!

Thanks for considering the Shaq sons request ^^
Aston
Culture.

Postby Supremojdr on Sat May 16, 2020 6:38 pm

Josh Christopher pls :) i think a combination of dwade face and karl anthony towns
Supremojdr

Postby big-shot-ROB on Sat May 16, 2020 6:52 pm

That garuba is just plain amazing. Probably your greatest work when it comes to overall quality and resemblance. I'll give a shot at the texture this afternoon (My town has a team in the ACB, so I've seen him play live when Madrid came).

I'll send you Barnes and Johnson later today (along with their head and full-body portraits). I haven't had time to do the normal maps but I guess people don't really care about that and I don't think it's going to make much difference. I messed up the files and overwrote the one that had Jalen's correct hairline. I spent nearly an hour just in the forehead hairline as the texture didn't match the mesh. I fixed it quickly yesterday but while now the dimensions are correct, the hairline is a complete zig-zag of the stretched texture. If you know how to edit the placement of the vertices on the UV map of the texture maybe you can fix it (otherwise maybe TG will know how to do it). I just don't feel like going over it again during 1 hour.

(this is the hairline zigzag problem i was talking about)
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Sat May 16, 2020 7:44 pm

Ayston wrote:Nice Garuba!!

Thanks for considering the Shaq sons request ^^

Thanks!
PettyPaulPierce

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Sat May 16, 2020 7:45 pm

Supremojdr wrote:Josh Christopher pls :) i think a combination of dwade face and karl anthony towns

Will get to him after some other requested 21' prospects
PettyPaulPierce

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Sat May 16, 2020 7:50 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:That garuba is just plain amazing. Probably your greatest work when it comes to overall quality and resemblance. I'll give a shot at the texture this afternoon (My town has a team in the ACB, so I've seen him play live when Madrid came).

I'll send you Barnes and Johnson later today (along with their head and full-body portraits). I haven't had time to do the normal maps but I guess people don't really care about that and I don't think it's going to make much difference. I messed up the files and overwrote the one that had Jalen's correct hairline. I spent nearly an hour just in the forehead hairline as the texture didn't match the mesh. I fixed it quickly yesterday but while now the dimensions are correct, the hairline is a complete zig-zag of the stretched texture. If you know how to edit the placement of the vertices on the UV map of the texture maybe you can fix it (otherwise maybe TG will know how to do it). I just don't feel like going over it again during 1 hour.

(this is the hairline zigzag problem i was talking about)
[ Image ]

Oh man, happened to me twice, overwritten about 3 hours of work lol, i know how you feel... Don't worry about it, i'll try to fix it. Yeah, Garuba was super easy to make, has really unique facial features, will be awesome to see what you can do with the texture. Someone mentioned that it should be a bit darker and i agree. Like just dark enough to match skintone 1, instead of 2, which it's at now, so if you can fix that it would be cool too, and i'll make his neck a bit thinner so then we can release the final version.
PettyPaulPierce

Re: PettyPaulPierce - Jonathan Kuminga and Usman Garuba released

Postby big-shot-ROB on Sun May 17, 2020 4:07 am

I don't know if you started using new techniques or you are just using modded versions as the starting models, but the face textures of Kuminga and Garuba are completly uneditable. It's impossible to make any straight or round line in the texture look the same in the model. Been struggling with both of them for a couple hours.

With 2k's original ones you still need to work around it a little, but at the end you can make it look like you want it.

With these two though, how the texture projects into the model using the UV map is so weird and model-specific there's little work you can do texture-wise. This is the old clone technique that legendary R4z0r introduced back in old-gen, and if not used correctly ends with these really weird textures.

As for reference, this an original 2k texture compared to Garuba and Kuminga.

big-shot-ROB

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Sun May 17, 2020 4:23 am

big-shot-ROB wrote:I don't know if you started using new techniques or you are just using modded versions as the starting models, but the face textures of Kuminga and Garuba are completly uneditable. It's impossible to make any straight or round line in the texture look the same in the model. Been struggling with both of them for a couple hours.

With 2k's original ones you still need to work around it a little, but at the end you can make it look like you want it.

With these two though, how the texture projects into the model using the UV map is so weird and model-specific there's little work you can do texture-wise. This is the old clone technique that legendary R4z0r introduced back in old-gen, and if not used correctly ends with these really weird textures.

[ Image ]

Yeah i think neither of those were 2k default face files... we can find default ones that can match and then you can work on those?
PettyPaulPierce

Postby big-shot-ROB on Sun May 17, 2020 5:28 am

PettyPaulPierce wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:I don't know if you started using new techniques or you are just using modded versions as the starting models, but the face textures of Kuminga and Garuba are completly uneditable. It's impossible to make any straight or round line in the texture look the same in the model. Been struggling with both of them for a couple hours.

[ Image ]

Yeah i think neither of those were 2k default face files... we can find default ones that can match and then you can work on those?

The problem is that no other texture will "fit" those models now.
Last edited by big-shot-ROB on Sun May 17, 2020 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
big-shot-ROB

Postby big-shot-ROB on Sun May 17, 2020 5:32 am

I'm feeling kinda frustrated with the editing as I feel constrained by what textures and can make and the fact that I have to edit the textures the match the UV map rather than just editing the vertices projected position on the textures to make the model match better the texture.
But at the same time I know I don't have the time nor do I want to start spending the amount of hours I did when I was doing blender work.

I don't know, it's a really weird feeling overall.
big-shot-ROB

Postby Rimbaud82 on Sun May 17, 2020 6:34 am

Well for not your best work that Kuminga still looks pretty damn great man. Texture looks a bit weird, but in terms of the facial structure and overall likeness looks really really good.
Rimbaud82

Postby Aston on Sun May 17, 2020 6:36 am

Nice work on Kuminga, you still improving... Thats insane :crazyeyes:
Aston
Culture.

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Sun May 17, 2020 8:45 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:I'm feeling kinda frustrated with the editing as I feel constrained by what textures and can make and the fact that I have to edit the textures the match the UV map rather than just editing the vertices projected position on the textures to make the model match better the texture.
But at the same time I know I don't have the time nor do I want to start spending the amount of hours I did when I was doing blender work.

I don't know, it's a really weird feeling overall.

Sorry man, i'm still kinda a beginner at this, i don't even know what vertices or UV maps are... Tell me what i should do to make your work easier and i'll do it. Don't worry about the textures you can't edit, you can leave them as it is, and i'll make sure not to make the same mistakes for future projects...
PettyPaulPierce

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Sun May 17, 2020 8:47 pm

Rimbaud82 wrote:Well for not your best work that Kuminga still looks pretty damn great man. Texture looks a bit weird, but in terms of the facial structure and overall likeness looks really really good.

Thanks man! i'll find and edit a better texture for him today.
PettyPaulPierce

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Sun May 17, 2020 8:48 pm

Ayston wrote:Nice work on Kuminga, you still improving... Thats insane :crazyeyes:

Well i only started recently, hopefully i improve for the foreseeable future. Thanks bro!
PettyPaulPierce

Postby Supremojdr on Mon May 18, 2020 11:53 am

PettyPaulPierce wrote:
Supremojdr wrote:Josh Christopher pls :) i think a combination of dwade face and karl anthony towns

Will get to him after some other requested 21' prospects

thanks bruh!
Supremojdr

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding