Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 1992 Dream Team Added (As well as '71 Hawks)

Postby Zionwilliamsonifat on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:11 am

what did i do wrong that caused 06 kobe to have someone elses face charles barkley to have some random face and Reggie Miller to be invisible and the teams dont have accurate courts
Zionwilliamsonifat

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 1992 Dream Team Added (As well as '71 Hawks)

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:09 am

Restart your game and if they still aren’t loaded properly you did something wrong with the waigua folder
Thunder Shaq

Postby Zionwilliamsonifat on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:39 am

Can You Please give an example of something wrong in the waigua folder
Zionwilliamsonifat

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:56 pm

Zionwilliamsonifat wrote:Can You Please give an example of something wrong in the waigua folder

Send a screenshot of what your main 2k20 folder is looking like
Thunder Shaq

Need help with Thundershaq historic roster

Postby hum4n1ty on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:22 pm

After downloading the Thundershaq roster that gives more historic teams, there are two folders. One that you place in the 2k hook folder and one in the wagui folder. After copying them into the appropriate folders, 2K hook says in the team file that there are those roster teams, but when I look at rosters, there are no added historic teams. Is there another step that I have to do? The video guide by 'The Goods' is mentions roster files that are not included in the download, only a config file and wagui folder for cyberfaces and jerseys.
hum4n1ty

Re: Need help with Thundershaq historic roster

Postby hova- on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:56 pm

You have to download the roster via 2kshare or whatever they call it nowadays. You can download the roster when you got to "create a roster" or when firing up a quick game. You just type in the user ID which is thundershaq and then the roster pops up for download.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby johnwest1985 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:52 pm

question Thunder ! I have been so stupid to just overwrite my old waigue stuff and not creating a backup of that. What files does this mod overwrite beside some courts ? Meaning what 2019/2020 season stuff does it with replace with retro stuff ? Im thinking mostly about portraits and cyberfaces.
johnwest1985

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:01 pm

johnwest1985 wrote:question Thunder ! I have been so stupid to just overwrite my old waigue stuff and not creating a backup of that. What files does this mod overwrite beside some courts ? Meaning what 2019/2020 season stuff does it with replace with retro stuff ? Im thinking mostly about portraits and cyberfaces.

No 2020 cyberfaces overwritten. I don’t believe any major portraits are replaced but there are a few players who have different portraits designed for an older year. Just load up the default 2k roster and scroll around a bit. I think someone like Avery Bradley has his Celtics portrait instead of 2020 portrait for example. Nothing too drastic though
Thunder Shaq

Postby johnwest1985 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:05 pm

Thanks for this great roster ! Do any of you use other retro cyberfaces compatible with this roster ? This roster does not include that many faces. I have the same question for retro dornas. Its one of the main things missing.
johnwest1985

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:42 am

johnwest1985 wrote:Thanks for this great roster ! Do any of you use other retro cyberfaces compatible with this roster ? This roster does not include that many faces. I have the same question for retro dornas. Its one of the main things missing.

Myself, and Shuajota are working through missing faces right now. It's a lot of work. Signatures, rating and tendencies also need attention, and Thunder Shaq and I have talked and I am working through the teams on my end.

The amount of teams he put in is the obstacle. Not a bad thing, because a lot of these teams are coveted and are fun to put on the floor, but with that many teams comes a mountain of work that you would not want to wish on any person. He was working on this himself outside of courts created by Sticky Fingers and a few other mods he was using, so its pretty awesome what he was able to achieve solo.

I know Mr. Star has made some awesome faces of retro players, and am not sure if he would give permission to use some of those in this project as long as he is in the credits. I was going to ask him and still plan to do so. I'm working on Orlando Woolridge right now, and will continue to try and do my best to fill out more of the teams.

Thunder Shaq and I have actually been in consistent communication about this roster throughout, and I'm really glad you put together what he did, it is getting a lot of downloads and people are enjoying it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby johnwest1985 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:09 am

Thanks for your response bro ! Are you using custom dornas for retro teams ? I hate that 2k stuff hehe.
johnwest1985

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:35 am

johnwest1985 wrote:Thanks for your response bro ! Are you using custom dornas for retro teams ? I hate that 2k stuff hehe.

I won't be doing dornas. Someone else could jump in and do some, though. Even if some retro dornas were made for each decade and used for multiple teams in that decade, atleast they wouldnt be "Stance", TISSOT, and "State Farm" etc
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Zionwilliamsonifat on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:52 am

Here it is linked below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zionwilliamsonifat

Postby InFaMouS ny on Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:20 am

Do you have a court for the Dream Team? I made a court a while ago for my 2K20 Summer Circuit mod (im having the dream team included as well) Let me know if you want to include it in this mod.

InFaMouS ny

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:11 am

Zionwilliamsonifat wrote:Here it is linked below

They look alright from that view. The cyberfaces should be working assuming you have everything in the folder
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:12 am

InFaMouS ny wrote:Do you have a court for the Dream Team? I made a court a while ago for my 2K20 Summer Circuit mod (im having the dream team included as well) Let me know if you want to include it in this mod.

[ Image ]

I believe somebody was working on one. That court looks great, I’ll credit you if it ends up being included
Thunder Shaq

Postby Zionwilliamsonifat on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:21 am

Whats the name of the cyberface file for say Charles Barkley so i can check if its there or not
Zionwilliamsonifat

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:28 am

Zionwilliamsonifat wrote:Whats the name of the cyberface file for say Charles Barkley so i can check if its there or not

I believe 3650
Thunder Shaq

Postby Zionwilliamsonifat on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:53 am

I think i found out where i messed up i believe i onlyl downloaded the update as the 71 hawks seem fine so where can i download the rest as i only saw that
Zionwilliamsonifat

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:44 am

Zionwilliamsonifat wrote:I think i found out where i messed up i believe i onlyl downloaded the update as the 71 hawks seem fine so where can i download the rest as i only saw that

you need to download the mod pack on page one
Thunder Shaq

Postby mking2 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:47 pm

Thank you Shaq for all the help got my custom court up and running , I shared the floor file for anyone who wants use that court

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

https://www.mediafire.com/file/z3vk94d4 ... 4.iff/file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mking2

Postby Ritenis on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:14 pm

Hello. I downloaded the modpack and the roster file for MyLeague but it still crashes in the offseason during the Team/Player option period. Is there a way to avoid this somehow? I reaaalllyy wanted to do a multiple season MyLeague with multiple different retro teams, so any help will be appreciated. :bowdown2:
Ritenis

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:25 am

Ritenis wrote:Hello. I downloaded the modpack and the roster file for MyLeague but it still crashes in the offseason during the Team/Player option period. Is there a way to avoid this somehow? I reaaalllyy wanted to do a multiple season MyLeague with multiple different retro teams, so any help will be appreciated. :bowdown2:

It is probably a contract issue that has been in the game for a couple years. There are a few historic players that cause the game to crash. Off the top of my head, I think 2 are Eric Snow and Scot Pollard. This roster was never designed for a multi-season MyLeague
Thunder Shaq

Postby Ritenis on Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:53 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
Ritenis wrote:Hello. I downloaded the modpack and the roster file for MyLeague but it still crashes in the offseason during the Team/Player option period. Is there a way to avoid this somehow? I reaaalllyy wanted to do a multiple season MyLeague with multiple different retro teams, so any help will be appreciated. :bowdown2:

It is probably a contract issue that has been in the game for a couple years. There are a few historic players that cause the game to crash. Off the top of my head, I think 2 are Eric Snow and Scot Pollard. This roster was never designed for a multi-season MyLeague

Could you elaborate what exactly is the issue? And is there a way for me to fix it manually? Would deleting the players from the roster work? And how could I check which other players cause the issue?
Sorry for so many questions, I just really want to make this work.
Ritenis

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:56 am

Ritenis wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Could you elaborate what exactly is the issue? And is there a way for me to fix it manually? Would deleting the players from the roster work? And how could I check which other players cause the issue?
Sorry for so many questions, I just really want to make this work.

Yes a simple fix is going into the players that have team/player options before you start a season and just change their contract. I assume it shows you the players with those contracts right before it crashes?
Thunder Shaq

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding