Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 1992 Dream Team Added (As well as '71 Hawks)

Postby beardogman on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:29 am

im not seeing the dream team everything else is fine i think
beardogman

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 1992 Dream Team Added (As well as '71 Hawks)

Postby Joshc_0894 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:56 am

Love the update cheers :)

got a couple suggestions/questions

1) would you be able to put Jimmy Butler in the Free agency please? id like to have him on the bulls with rose as a what if
2) Is there a way to edit a players body/physique? because Ben Wallace looks waaaaaay too skinny from default and its not super immersive

thanks
Joshc_0894

Postby hrth on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:26 am

I dont have this game nor any major interest in it but i do however feel that offline roster files should be provided along with mods, it is inevitable that the 2k servers will be taken offline someday and these great mods will be lost forever if we don't host them elsewhere... If the only reason not to provide them is to prevent pirates from playing modded rosters it seems like very a weak reason to let all of this hardwork to be lost someday.
hrth

Postby Tre2900 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:00 am

Hey I have the steam version with all the updates and downloaded your roster online, but the 1992 dream team and the 71 hawks dont pop up??? I've been redownloading it over and over but the roster still remains how it does before the update which is strange :cry: I would appreciate if you upload the roster offline
Tre2900

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:20 am

Joshc_0894 wrote:Love the update cheers :)

1) would you be able to put Jimmy Butler in the Free agency please? id like to have him on the bulls with rose as a what if
2) Is there a way to edit a players body/physique? because Ben Wallace looks waaaaaay too skinny from default and its not super immersive

thanks

You can export Jimmy Butler's player DNA from another roster if you'd like him for the roster. I must have deleted him to clear room on the roster
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:22 am

hrth wrote:I dont have this game nor any major interest in it but i do however feel that offline roster files should be provided along with mods, it is inevitable that the 2k servers will be taken offline someday and these great mods will be lost forever if we don't host them elsewhere... If the only reason not to provide them is to prevent pirates from playing modded rosters it seems like very a weak reason to let all of this hardwork to be lost someday.

I will upload the offline down the line so anyone can use it when servers are gone. For now, the roster works when downloaded online. It has worked for a lot of people, although some are saying it is corrupt (offline download wouldn't fix that)
Thunder Shaq

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:37 am

Joshc_0894 wrote:Love the update cheers :)

thanks

Best Ben Wallace I have seen, and the one I use, Mr. Stars

viewtopic.php?f=258&t=107938&p=1991325&hilit=Ben+Wallace#p1991325

I took some screenshots of it from in my game. Go to his thread, click the link to download, and both Ben Wallace (Fro and no fro) will be there. Just place them in your modded folder and you are good to go. He did a great job of giving him a bigger, more muscular body, without overdoing it.

"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby digitalafk on Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:09 pm

Thunder Shaq, Hey SO im new to modding and downlaoded your mod. I put into my mod files but can't find where its at. It wasn't in custom or the default rosters. DO you know waht I did?
digitalafk

Postby Joshc_0894 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:54 pm

Brilliant thanks thundershaq and dee :)
Joshc_0894

Postby sukhwinder2392 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:19 am

Is there a way to also have the current teams?
sukhwinder2392

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:26 am

sukhwinder2392 wrote:Is there a way to also have the current teams?

No, the current teams are overwritten with more classic teams.

I reccomend keeping a separate modded folder for your current roster mods, and keep them both in the main directory.

When you are using Thunder shaqs roster, your modded folders would look like:

Modded
Modded current

When using current teams, just rename the folders.

Modded Retro
Modded

The plug in will only pick up the folder named "modded", so it's super easy to just rename the folders according to the roster you are using. So basically, always have those two modded folders in your main directory, just rename them depending on which one you are using. The one you are using should always be named "modded", or "waigua" depending on your plugin
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sukhwinder2392 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:40 am

Dee4Three wrote:
sukhwinder2392 wrote:Is there a way to also have the current teams?

No, the current teams are overwritten with more classic teams.

I reccomend keeping a separate modded folder for your current roster mods, and keep them both in the main directory.

When you are using Thunder shaqs roster, your modded folders would look like:

Modded
Modded current

When using current teams, just rename the folders.

Modded Retro
Modded

The plug in will only pick up the folder named "modded", so it's super easy to just rename the folders according to the roster you are using. So basically, always have those two modded folders in your main directory, just rename them depending on which one you are using. The one you are using should always be named "modded", or "waigua" depending on your plugin

Is there a way you can give an example? Sorry new to this all mod. First year on PC NBA 2k.
sukhwinder2392

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:53 am

No worries.

Here is how my NBA 2K20 main directory looks. If the plugin you download has a folder called Waigua, that works. If it has a folder called modded, that will also work. Mine are called Waigua.

But if you look, currently I am using Thunder Shaqs roster, so I have that folder named "waigua" so the plugin picks up those mods so I see them in game. I have a folder called "waigua real", which holds the mods I use for current teams for when I want to use a current teams roster. All i have to do to switch to using the current teams mods is rename the folder called waigua in that screenshot to waigua retro (which will deactivate those mods), and rename waigua real to waigua (so the plugin will pick up those mods now, they will be activated). The folder called "waigua faces" is just for the mix/match face roster created my jerrygildner.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sukhwinder2392 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:01 am

Dee4Three wrote:No worries.

Here is how my NBA 2K20 main directory looks. If the plugin you download has a folder called Waigua, that works. If it has a folder called modded, that will also work. Mine are called Waigua.

But if you look, currently I am using Thunder Shaqs roster, so I have that folder named "waigua" so the plugin picks up those mods so I see them in game. I have a folder called "waigua real", which holds the mods I use for current teams for when I want to use a current teams roster. All i have to do to switch to using the current teams mods is rename the folder called waigua in that screenshot to waigua retro (which will deactivate those mods), and rename waigua real to waigua (so the plugin will pick up those mods now, they will be activated). The folder called "waigua faces" is just for the mix/match face roster created my jerrygildner.

[ Image ]

Oh Okay,

that make sense.

Ill try that today.

2 quick questions -

1 - how do i ad fog and better lightning to the game?

2- how do i add custom scoreboard specific for team ( for both current and thundershaq roster?) example raptors have tsn broadcast - where have the lakers with fox or tsn
sukhwinder2392

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:06 am

1. Look at the different graphics mod threads within the NBA 2K20 modding section and choose the ones that best fit your needs. Those files get placed in your modded/waigua folder just like the other ones.

2. You can only use one scoreboard at a time because its tied in to newscorebug.iff. So that is up to you on how you handle that.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby johnwest1985 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:08 am

Any chance you can share team id for all teams ? I want to use custom retro scoreboards with hook and need the ids.
johnwest1985

Postby sukhwinder2392 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:16 am

Dee4Three wrote:1. Look at the different graphics mod threads within the NBA 2K20 modding section and choose the ones that best fit your needs. Those files get placed in your modded/waigua folder just like the other ones.

2. You can only use one scoreboard at a time because its tied in to newscorebug.iff. So that is up to you on how you handle that.

Last thing, hopefully.

Do i need to download cyberfaces for each current player, or does some have a zip of all player(i guess not all but most) lol
sukhwinder2392

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:19 am

For most downloads, yes. If a post says "Clint Capela face/body edit", obviously the download will only contain the Capela files.

If a file says "Mavericks cyberface pack", it may have most or all of the Mavericks in the pack.

Same when downloading courts/stadiums.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sukhwinder2392 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:37 am

Thanks Man.
sukhwinder2392

Postby sukhwinder2392 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:39 am

Thanks Man.
sukhwinder2392

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:50 am

johnwest1985 wrote:Any chance you can share team id for all teams ? I want to use custom retro scoreboards with hook and need the ids.

I don’t have them all off the top of my head, but you can find them in the config file. I’d check but I’m working currently so don’t have my computer on lol
Thunder Shaq

Postby Bassman58 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:45 am

Shuajota made a video on how to assign different scoreboards to different teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ennj4NUUR_U
Bassman58

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:49 am

Bassman58 wrote:Shuajota made a video on how to assign different scoreboards to different teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ennj4NUUR_U

Wow! I didn't know that could be done.

Thanks for sharing.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby johnwest1985 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:55 am

ImageSince the team IDS of certain teams are already taken in the Hook program this is the way i think to add scoreboards or other files to these teams. A bit different then regularly when you create a special group for each scoreboard. I dont think thats possible now because hook does not allow for duplicate teams and one cant add more lines in the teams section.
johnwest1985

Postby Zionwilliamsonifat on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:11 am

what did i do wrong that caused 06 kobe to have someone elses face charles barkley to have some random face and Reggie Miller to be invisible and the teams dont have accurate courts
Zionwilliamsonifat

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding