How to go back to 2K20 "vanilla" after mod fail

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

How to go back to 2K20 "vanilla" after mod fail

Postby gregotin on Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:14 pm

Hi everybody,

Does anybody know how to go back to the original version of 2K20 ? I messed up with some mods and I want to go back to the 1.10 version but I can't. I know I should have backup my game but I was too much confident since I never had any issue with modding my games. Well.. not this time...

So basically, I put my game in 1.05 so I could use the cheat table. But some faces don't show up so my game freeze. I uninstalled the game via steam and re-installed. Now it seems to be the same. I check D-lo's hairs and it's not updated like in 1.10. And if I go to edit Kobe for example, the game freeze again... I removed my waigua's folder but this didn't solved the problem.

I wonder if you guys know anything I can do to go back to a proper version ?

If my message isn't in the good section please let me know :wink:
gregotin

Re: How to go back to 2K20 "vanilla" after mod fail

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:35 pm

Make sure that absolutely everything is gone after you uninstall - remove any leftover files as necessary - and then reinstall. You might also want to verify your files through Steam, and make sure all of the updates have come through.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby gregotin on Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:40 pm

Ok thank you for your help Andrew. I did all of that and I found where the issue was. The game is totally stable, it was just the roster I downloaded... My mistake I'm sorry for that.

Anyway, I always found good help in this website.

Cheers (Y)
gregotin

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:27 pm

Ah, good to know. Another place to suggest where to look, thanks for reporting back on that and glad to hear it's working now!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K20