Third Annual March Modness Tips Off Today

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Third Annual March Modness Tips Off Today

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:55 pm

It's March 1st, so that means we're tipping off the third annual March Modness here at the NLSC! For those who are unaware, the event is intended to be a celebration of modding. We of course welcome mod releases all year round, but we invite modders to get extra creative and productive during this month!

In addition to our usual File Additions bulletins and spotlighting other big releases, we'll be holding another giveaway. As a thank you to our talented modding community, anyone who releases work and adds it to our Downloads section will go in the draw to win a copy of either NBA 2K or NBA Live (as long as there is an NBA Live game to choose from this year). Congratulations once again to Pep, who won the giveaway last year.

To enter the giveaway, all you need to do is release a mod and upload it to our Downloads section during the month of March 2020, with "March Modness" in the description. The mod may be for any PC version of NBA Live or NBA 2K, but it must be your own work and remain hosted in our Downloads section. Please see below for the full terms and conditions of entry, and good luck!

Once again, I'll be looking to get into the spirit of the event myself with at least a few releases. I'm hoping to finally get my 2020 season roster for NBA 2K11 out this month, as it feels it would be timely with all of the celebrations. I also have a few other ideas I'd like to explore, time permitting. Stay tuned for that, and the many fantastic releases I'm sure that we'll see throughout our third annual March Modness!

NLSC March Modness Contest Terms & Conditions

• One winner will be selected at the end of March/early April. The prize is a copy of either NBA Live 21 or NBA 2K21; winner's choice.
  • The winner will be selected at random, and all decisions are final. If a participant is disqualified, unreachable, or banned, a new winner will be selected.
  • To enter, participants must release at least one mod during the month of March 2020, and include the term "March Modness" in the description.
  • Mods can be for any PC release of NBA Live or NBA 2K.
  • To qualify for the contest, mods must be uploaded to the NLSC's Downloads section. No ad links or external hosting is allowed; tip jar links are permitted.
  • Mods must remain in the database, and hosted by the NLSC. Removal of the mods or replacement with an external link will result in disqualification.
  • Each individual mod release counts for one entry in the contest, with a maximum of five entries per participant.
  • Entries may be updated with new versions (where applicable). Updated versions of the same mod do not earn another entry.
  • All releases must comply with community rules regarding permission, appropriate credits, and content. No stolen work!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Third Annual March Modness Tips Off Today

Postby nba2kiraq on Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:06 am

(Y) (Y)
nba2kiraq

Postby DEIBYS2KMOD on Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:38 pm

(Y) (Y) (Y) :cool:
User Discord :arrow: DEIBYS2KMOD#1430
PC :arrow: I5 3470,8G RAM,RX480
DEIBYS2KMOD

Postby BPDHoplite on Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:19 am

I'll go edit some descriptions lol

Everyone is stuck because of corona expect some good mods :D
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:23 pm

The month of March has drawn to a close, and that means March Modness 2020 is at an end! Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate modding with some great releases throughout the month. For those who took part in our giveaway, we'll be drawing the winner very soon.

Since I've still got projects in the works, and plenty of others are working on nifty mods of their own, I'm proposing that we extend the celebrations with Add-On April! We won't be holding another giveaway, but I'd like to do my best to finish up the things I'm working on, and continue to discuss modding-related topics in our original content. As most of us are social distancing and spending time inside right now, it's a great opportunity to not only hit the virtual hardwood, but mod it as well!

Thank you once again to everyone who helped us celebrate March Modness 2020! Modders, please feel free to keep making use of the hosting facilities in our Downloads database. For those who may have missed it, my last three Friday Five articles have discussed modding-related topics. Be sure to check out the 5 Most Satisfying Mods to Make, 5 Unfortunate Barriers in Modding, and 5 Unsolved Modding Mysteries (Part 2).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed May 27, 2020 11:43 pm

Congratulations to DaCrispy, winner of this year's draw! As it looks like there won't be an NBA Live 21, he's won a copy of NBA 2K21. Thanks to DaCrispy and everyone who continues to contribute to our modding community!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:59 am

Woo :applaud: :applaud:
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723