MyTEAM 2K20

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Re: MyTEAM 2K20

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:34 pm

That would make a lot more sense. Then again, that card really should have Magic as a guard. It's not like he was ever listed as a centre, he just famously started that game in the middle. It's too limiting, given the context and new restrictions.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:02 pm

Making him a C (especially early in the game cycle) creates demand for people to buy packs when his PG card was released. Unfortunately it is all about selling packs :( . I feel like if you are going to have position locks, every player should have a secondary position
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:17 am

Excellent point. Same reason there's an OP Dwight Howard card with an unrealistically high three-point rating out now.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:54 am

My goal is to always try to get some form of my favorite players (Nash and Amar'e are a must). Then I try to recreate some historic teams, all-star teams, Olympic teams, etc. I don't really PLAY that often. Mostly just enough collect some fun cards. Cards like the new Dwight Howard are why I can never play online :crazyeyes:
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:59 am

Same. I've already got MJ and Pip on PC and PS4, so it's already been a win for me this year. I wouldn't turn down the Galaxy Opal MJ if I can ever get it, though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:37 am

About two weeks into MyTEAM (and the first year I've played the mode), and here's what I got. No money spent (got really lucky with an expensive shoe from a Diamond Consumable pack in Triple Threat, so I got 200k as a result.)
Also, does anybody know where the exclusive balls are located within the archives? I want to swap out the default NBA ball with the disco ball.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:00 am

Great lineup!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:21 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:Yeah I am going to stick with my Diamond MJ for the foreseeable future. I really wanted that PD Chris Webber, but he wasn't quite the budgeted card I was hoping for lol.

I usually attempt to throw together the '92 Dream Team, but I am being priced out a few pieces of the team. PD Stockton and PD Bird are just a bit too much for me. I can get the PD Chris Mullin if I wish. As you can see, I had to add Isiah Thomas to the team due to position locks. My Magic can only player Center :crazyeyes: . Team chemistry is an issue as Thomas keeps trying to ice out MJ on offense :oops:

[ Image ]

Wow, I love your team.

And I'd have equal fun with the bench as I would the starters.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:00 am

Can’t go wrong with the Dream Team! Having Bird would really help my spacing in that starting lineup, but it is such a solid team. Had to add some “We got next” kind of players at the end of the bench to reach the minimum (also with position lock, I needed another PG or else it isn’t a valid lineup). Even the weakest link of the Dream Team, Christian Laettner, went on to average 18 & 9 in his rookie year following the Olympics.
Thunder Shaq

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:35 pm

RayRay_953 wrote:About two weeks into MyTEAM (and the first year I've played the mode), and here's what I got. No money spent (got really lucky with an expensive shoe from a Diamond Consumable pack in Triple Threat, so I got 200k as a result.)
[ Image ]
Also, does anybody know where the exclusive balls are located within the archives? I want to swap out the default NBA ball with the disco ball.

What shoe is worth 200K? Even with that kind of change, the fact that you got that lineup in two weeks is astonishing. How did you get these cards? Isn't that T-Mac crazy expensive?
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:24 pm

I'm guessing a Diamond Air Jordan of some kind.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Laker06 on Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:41 am

New Packs are out again.
I dont really get the point why 2k love AK47 this much.

They even gave the new Giannis a Gold Range Extender Badge :shock: :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[img]http://solecollector.com/media/sneakers/images/nike-basketball-presents-count-on-kobe-header.jpg[/img ]
Laker06

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:58 am

I’m strangely only interested in the Theo Ratliff lol
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:26 am

Laker06 wrote:They even gave the new Giannis a Gold Range Extender Badge :shock: :shock:

Unfortunately it's more about having a desirable OP card that people will be willing to buy and rip open packs for, than properly representing player abilities.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:31 pm

Hyperize- wrote:What shoe is worth 200K? Even with that kind of change, the fact that you got that lineup in two weeks is astonishing. How did you get these cards? Isn't that T-Mac crazy expensive?

Here's how I basically managed to get all those cards and coins in the span of two weeks: (long post warning)

I first purchased the game when it was on sale during the All-Star Weekend, and along the way, there were the three Locker Codes which gave the guaranteed Diamond Donovan Mitchell, Ben Simmons, and I got Chauncey Billips through the free All-Star Flash pack. Being able to start with three free diamonds really gave me an advantage in the beginning, so I easily breezed through some of the '20 Domination games on All-Star, which helped me get enough coins to get some other good budget cards to round out my lineup (Amethyst Shaq, Diamond Malone, Diamond Bridges, etc.)

Then, I grinded some Triple Threat Offline games until the first Diamond Consumables pack which gave me the shoe that I mentioned (it was a white addidas brand; I can't remember what it was, but it had about 5-6 stat boosts, and since PC prices are often inflated compared to console, I managed to get the shoe to sell for around 200k). Ever since then, I carefully made purchases with cards, and I stumbled across that McGrady for a 100k buy now price - which is RARE since he's required for the Opal Ray Allen. Knowing that I wasn't going to see a McGrady for a buy now price, I luckily grabbed him before someone else could, and this was even when his Galaxy Opal was released. Since I had basically a full team that I needed, I rarely made purchases from the auction house from that point on, unless I found good deals. That's when I aquired cards like PD Webber for 70k, PD Westbrook for 22k, PD Shaq for 40k, and PD Drazen for 18k. Heck, a couple of days ago during a slight market crash, I managed to get Diamond Nick Nurse as my coach for a 26k bid, which is a great deal since diamond coaches easily go for around 60k or higher on PC. AH prices on PC are a double-edged sword however, since I see cards like PD Chamberlain and Frostbite Manute Bol easily going for a ridiculous 1 million MTP.

Basically, I entered MyTEAM at one of the best possible times to get a great lineup early on, and used my Ultimate Team experience to play around with the auction house for the best possible ways to save MTP. Just now, I sold McGrady for a 230k profit, so I'm sitting with 250k MTP, almost at Pink Diamond level in the Rewards Market, and awaiting the right moment to spend the MTP. Crazily enough, I grabbed Buzzer Beater De'Aaron Fox and Pistol Pete for a combined 20k today since people were trying so hard for GO Kareem.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Another comparison of the Auction House in PC vs PS4, specifically the Largest Auction House Sale (All-Time).

I'd say the economy is broken at this point.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:30 am

PC has diamonds and below extremely affordable, but Galaxy Opals are probably impossible to achieve for the average player
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:45 am

Pretty much. As per that screenshot, even Pink Diamonds are fetching incredible amounts of MT.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Laker06 on Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:45 pm

Andrew wrote:Another comparison of the Auction House in PC vs PS4, specifically the Largest Auction House Sale (All-Time).

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

I'd say the economy is broken at this point.

I think for the PC Community they have ways to manipulate MT. Its so toxic unlike on PS4.
[img]http://solecollector.com/media/sneakers/images/nike-basketball-presents-count-on-kobe-header.jpg[/img ]
Laker06

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:17 pm

For sure, it's a definite downside to the PC version. The upside is modding, but the downside is that hacking can ruin the online scene and MyTEAM.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Laker06 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:18 am

Andrew wrote:For sure, it's a definite downside to the PC version. The upside is modding, but the downside is that hacking can ruin the online scene and MyTEAM.

And they even tend to hack online gameplay. When you are up 5 and hit a dagger 3 with less than 10 seconds left. They will pause the game, maybe do some cheat engine hacking you'll be surprise you'll get this screen. With no ways of exiting out. You cant even press Yes or No on this options. :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

name of goat child

Whats even worse is this guy already has a line up full of Galaxy Opals along with D Wade, Sabonis James Worthy. :shock: :shock:
Laker06

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:49 pm

Jeez. That's pretty rotten, to say the least. Very low and unsporting tactics on their part.

When gatekeeping gamers sneer at people who enjoy offline gameplay and ask why/how that's even possible, stuff like that is the perfect answer. We all know that The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard, but it kind of has to be to win. There's far more frustration when The Other User Is a Cheating Bastard, and kind of undermines that whole "better/actual competitive scene" idea.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:02 pm

Lineup update. I actually snagged this Iverson for 240k when he first came out, sold him for 495k, then got him back for 130k a day later.
I also managed to get that same exact shoe that I mentioned from another diamond consumables pack. It's the Diamond Adidas Superstar shoe (white with pink stripes). Managed to sell that for 198k, so I'm now sitting with almost 400k, and about 400 wins away for the Opal Dominique Wilkins card.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:13 pm

I should probably try to sell the Diamond shoes I've pulled. I might actually be able to snag a Galaxy Opal. Gotta get that Trophy/Steam Achievement, after all!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:05 am

Finally got a Diamond player from the vault (Rex Chapman in this case). It only took 641 wins.

Aside from how long it took to get him, he's actually a stud. Quick with and without the ball, his jumpshot is easy to time, and he's got about 20 HoF badges with 24 gold badges. Using him along with PD Iguodala and Ruby Thon Maker (yes, you read that correctly. He's an amazing budget card to use) to grind out the rest of the offline games.
RayRay_953

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20