MyTEAM 2K20

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Re: MyTEAM 2K20

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:35 pm

Have you noticed some of the top prices cards have gone for at auction? It's insane. I imagine there are some shenanigans involved there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SGee on Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:55 pm

You mean the high price? Not more shenanigans than usual in a environment prone to insane behaviour. Just people fucking over each other (and MT seller with the incentive and the stock to push things). You will notice such prices especially when the set completion bonus is a high tier card. As soon as Brandon Roy was introduced, booom. And 2K loves that, since all the MT spent is taken out of the market (in case of Frostbite: aprox. 1.5 Mil MT each time anyone locks in). It's their most effective anti-inflation tool.

And dont bother with Eaton (Frostbite lock in bonus), he's a traditional center not worth any mt - he's only big thats all. (Versatile Centers have a significant advantage: high 3pt capabilities and their counterpart usually a low perimeter defense; On top of this if you play online the usual tactic is to spread the floor, so most of the time you dont need the height). Got Gasol evo'ed up, he's pretty much top notch atm. (and relatively cheap)

But you can abuse the crazy market action. I've managed to get Magic and Davis (Frostbite) essentially for free. Had to complete Kidd spotlight and Olajuwon not yet bought due to the price. Then Frostbite hits and the market action swapped to that set. Got him half the price and sold him back (after the challenges) into the asian market (for the "normal" price - 860k). The most essential thing if you want to bypass the gatekeeping of cards - buy as early as possible if a set hits and search for auctions where 4 or more cards ticking down at the same time - so people have to decide and spread. With this i got Davis/Magic half the price sitting again on 1 Mil MT. There's a fair amount of observing involved but since you cant make nowhere near that amount of MT through playing the game, it's worth the time.

I honestly would love to play that game as a completionist free of those strategies, but since it's set up that way...

(and i would love to see the auction house redesigned into a swap meet where cards could be swapped against cards. You still would have 3rd patries (or 2K for that matter) selling good cards, but you wouldn't screw others in the process. The whole card gathering aspect would have to be redesigned too though. 2K should seriously think about that. They throwing out cash and manpower to fight things they cant control just to maintain a systemically broken platform.)
SGee

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:43 am

It seems like prices are higher on PC this year, with people trying to make a ton of MT off basic cards. Compared to last year, everyone's trying to make bank off people looking to complete 2020 season collections, with Bronze cards up there for 50,000 MT. Similar situation on PS4. I didn't see as much of that last year, though maybe it's because I got into MyTEAM a bit later after focusing on MyCAREER for the first few months.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SGee on Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:52 am

This is my first year playing nba2k, so i dont have any reference. And it seems a little bit odd, since the token rewards are pretty much subpar. You're essentially paying 50k for 1,4 Tokens (14Player-20Token)! That would be 26,2 Mil for a Galaxy Opal - and multiply that for players climbing up the ladder. Who..? What...? (btw 1050k if the card would only cost 2000)

But that is the gatekeeping aspect i was talking about. (plainly preventing or at least make it as damageing as possible to players to get things, both players and MT seller have a vital interest). Seems like they want to milk offline completionist player. (TTOnline is a relatively good source of token) 50k - that's a mediocre to good speciality card - that likely outclasses the token reward. So why bother a milisecond?

As i wrote, it would be advantageous (to every party involved!) to just get rid of MT - or at least tying MT to cards through auctioning. It just takes player away from the aspect that's really great - the gameplay.
SGee

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:25 am

There does seem to be an imbalance to online and offline rewards. I suppose in all fairness, there's more risk in online play, but still, both should be as viable as the other.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SGee on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:31 pm

You might want to try Triple Threat and the new updated rewards. There's a chance i've gotten extremely lucky, but over the course of 50 times winning i got 2x30000mt, 2xconsumables (which sadly turned out to be coaches), 7x2500mt and 1x10 token, the rest 1Token. If this wasn't a lucky streak, it would come closer to the avarage online (TTO) experience.

On the auction house prices of base cards: We shouldn't confuse moon prices up there and card prices which actually sell. From the outside we cant really tell. But from experiance (i'm selling 1500/2000 (silver or gold), 2000/2500 (emerald), 2500/3000 (Saphir), 3000/3500 (ruby); (bid/buyout)) i got half the cards back unauctioned. I don't think these crazy seller do anything but cram up their auction house stash. The limit is reached pretty soon.
Another general thing: Dont use buyout, especially when the gap is enormous. Just looked up Giannis. There's a cartell like price fixing going on, putting them up for 5000/40000 in rapid succession, with reasonable prices in between. 5000 is somewhat reasonable (amethyst) , but they are gaming on the peoples restlessness. And once in a while this seem to work.What's really bugging me: This strategy is used pretty often, especially with popular cards/sets. Mostly only a few seconds in between the auctions. Who with a sane mind is clicking buyout in such scenario?

BTW I do think that at least half the cards on the auction house are held by MT seller cashing in twice.
Last edited by SGee on Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SGee

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:10 pm

Yeah I play Triple Threat a fair bit. I don't have a lot of luck with the vault openings, when it does open it's usually a bit of MT or 1 Token.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SGee on Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:21 pm

My point was that it's possible that they ramped up the percentages with the update 01/31/2020. Obviously cant say this for sure due to the tiny probe size (games played).
SGee

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:45 am

I haven't benefited from it yet if so, but it's possible.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:39 pm

I've seen better login bonuses.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:20 am

Money is getting tight for 2k lol.

The CPU got a very unfortunate mismatch in triple threat

Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:35 am

Just a tad unfair. :lol:

Also, the 0 MT issue should be fixed for anyone logging in now, and those of us who already logged in should get a proper reward very soon. I remember this happening before and getting a proper bonus the next time I logged in, so while it's both amusing and a bit irritating, it should all be resolved shortly.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Laker06 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:46 pm

When I try online gameplay in MyTeam using Cyberfaces that are modded, game wont proceed. Have you guys experienced this as well?
[img]http://solecollector.com/media/sneakers/images/nike-basketball-presents-count-on-kobe-header.jpg[/img ]
Laker06

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:49 pm

I don't play MyTEAM online at all so I haven't personally experienced it. It could be part of a security check to protect against hacking, but yeah, mods don't always play nice online.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:02 pm

I pretty much play MyTeam exclusively offline, so my mods meant for my rosters work fine. I’d be worried I’d get banned if I tried to play online (although I have no desire to play against the 2k community honestly lol). I have extensions such as the limnono tool that I feel may be confused as a cheating tool.
Thunder Shaq

Postby SGee on Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:59 am

I wonder where the Triple Threat court SCNE is located in the files. I hate this court surface with a vengence. I also would like to see how they textured the surface since the normal courts are comprised of 1024x1024 tiles. Would help me with retexturing the myteam court/stadium.

And what's up with the playbooks/trainer? Got 21/75 playbooks (resp. 12/30 trainer) and not 1 single playbook/trainer from the missing cards to be found on the auction house. Am i too slow / these cards too rare or what's the deal?
SGee

Postby Laker06 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:31 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:I pretty much play MyTeam exclusively offline, so my mods meant for my rosters work fine. I’d be worried I’d get banned if I tried to play online (although I have no desire to play against the 2k community honestly lol). I have extensions such as the limnono tool that I feel may be confused as a cheating tool.

You wouldn't. I tried the Hook Tool and attempted to change cyberfaces while it was launched but it failed.

Although for courts, scoreboards and jerseys I have tried and tested they work fine online. I think its only for Cyberfaces.
[img]http://solecollector.com/media/sneakers/images/nike-basketball-presents-count-on-kobe-header.jpg[/img ]
Laker06

Postby SGee on Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:11 pm

Now I'm really curious what they have in plan for Heat Checks. With the new "Current NBA: Series 2" cards, they marginalized them even further.
SGee

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:31 pm

You can get a free Kevin Durant Prime Series II Pack if you log in between now and 6 AM PST on February 28th.

I didn't have much luck with either pack on PC or PS4, but no doubles at least, so I was able to pad my Collector Level numbers.

If you haven't punched in the All-Star Locker Code yet, it's worth a shot as well.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:57 am

Some interesting cards arrived today. Some will be clearly out of my price range, but very solid “budget” cards. Sorry for the attachment, posting this on my phone lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thunder Shaq

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:51 am

Nate Robinson might be my favorite card of 2K20 so far; got his PD for like 59K on the second day. Had a 30 point/20 assist Unlimited game with his Diamond. Bought the Knicks uniforms and court as he and Diamond Z-Bo have unintentionally became my "dynamic duo". :lol:

Also picked up Gerald Wallace from that set, who is typically a stud on all occasions.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:52 am

MJ Galaxy Opal cards continue to fetch astonishing prices in the Auction House. Not as many steals as last year, it seems.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:17 am

Yeah I am going to stick with my Diamond MJ for the foreseeable future. I really wanted that PD Chris Webber, but he wasn't quite the budgeted card I was hoping for lol.

I usually attempt to throw together the '92 Dream Team, but I am being priced out a few pieces of the team. PD Stockton and PD Bird are just a bit too much for me. I can get the PD Chris Mullin if I wish. As you can see, I had to add Isiah Thomas to the team due to position locks. My Magic can only player Center :crazyeyes: . Team chemistry is an issue as Thomas keeps trying to ice out MJ on offense :oops:

Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:51 am

Still an awesome lineup there. (Y) I picked up that Magic card as well, only to notice his position. Based on Game 6 of the 1980 Finals, obviously. That's kind of cool, but also a hassle with position locks as you noted.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:54 pm

Makes me wish position restrictions were only limited to online play. I mostly play offline and it really hinders my lineups I want to make lol
Thunder Shaq

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20