Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 TBR)

Postby JEDL on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Announcement:
Image

I have been working on Years 5-8 for a while now. These sets will only have 60 players each and won't be as in-depth as Years 1-4 just so I can upload them as soon as I am able. I'm about to start with Year 8 soon, so I will be uploading them within the coming weeks. Unfortunately, Years 1-3 will have to be overwritten to make space so I suggest you download them for now. I will inform you if I make updates for Years 1-3 for you to redownload.
Image
User avatar
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby JEDL on Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:24 pm

Years 5-8 uploaded!
Image
User avatar
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby TGsoGood on Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:38 am

:applaud:
Any info or details you can share about specific prospects?
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5315
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby cocow on Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:13 am

How can i download this ?
cocow
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:01 am

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby Miiles on Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:17 am

cocow wrote:How can i download this ?


Have you read the first post ?

In 2K Share:
Username: Chrome_Claymore
File Name: JEDL Fictional Year 4
File Name: JEDL Fictional Year 5
File Name: JEDL Fictional Year 6
File Name: JEDL Fictional Year 7
File Name: JEDL Fictional Year 8
User avatar
Miiles
Culture.
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:56 am
Location: France

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby cocow on Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:22 am

I dont find 2k Share. Where is it ? I'm new and I just download 2k20 on my PC
cocow
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:01 am

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby Miiles on Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:29 am

Settings > Create a Draft Class > Created Draft > Y or Triangle (if you have a PS4 controler) and search by name with JEDL or by ID with Chrome_Claymore
User avatar
Miiles
Culture.
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:56 am
Location: France

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby cocow on Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:40 am

I cant connect myself because i dont buy the game with steam. I think its that i cant dowload it. Thx for the help but i think i must pay the game with steam for that.
cocow
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:01 am

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby mithrxs on Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:06 am

cocow wrote:I cant connect myself because i dont buy the game with steam. I think its that i cant dowload it. Thx for the help but i think i must pay the game with steam for that.

yeah man, you have to buy the game to even be on this forum lol. :turrible:
mithrxs
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:00 am

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby Miiles on Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:18 am

cocow wrote:I cant connect myself because i dont buy the game with steam. I think its that i cant dowload it. Thx for the help but i think i must pay the game with steam for that.


Of course... :lol:
User avatar
Miiles
Culture.
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:56 am
Location: France

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby [Stove] on Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:28 am

I cannot seem to find years 6-8. I'm only seeing 1-5. I have searched both Chrome Claymore and JEDL. Only getting the 1-5. What am I doing wrong? :oops:
:cheeky: Donate to the Kitchen ---> http://www.paypal.me/StoveMods
User avatar
[Stove]
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:22 pm

[Stove] wrote:I cannot seem to find years 6-8. I'm only seeing 1-5. I have searched both Chrome Claymore and JEDL. Only getting the 1-5. What am I doing wrong? :oops:


you can only post 5 at a time so he alternates the ones that show uploaded.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5315
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby [Stove] on Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:51 pm

TGsoGood wrote:
[Stove] wrote:I cannot seem to find years 6-8. I'm only seeing 1-5. I have searched both Chrome Claymore and JEDL. Only getting the 1-5. What am I doing wrong? :oops:


you can only post 5 at a time so he alternates the ones that show uploaded.


Thank you for the info. Is it a weekly or bi-weekly switch? Should I just check back once a day to see if it changed?
:cheeky: Donate to the Kitchen ---> http://www.paypal.me/StoveMods
User avatar
[Stove]
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby [Stove] on Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:54 pm

Also would just like to thank :bowdown: the creator :bowdown2: of these draft classes. They are very well done. I was going to do this myself for every year of my myleague season. You saved me time I needed. Thank you very much! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
:cheeky: Donate to the Kitchen ---> http://www.paypal.me/StoveMods
User avatar
[Stove]
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby JEDL on Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:43 pm

[Stove] wrote:
Thank you for the info. Is it a weekly or bi-weekly switch? Should I just check back once a day to see if it changed?


Hi, I change them whenever someone requests them. I'll reupload 6-8 when I get the chance.
Image
User avatar
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby [Stove] on Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:24 pm

JEDL wrote:
[Stove] wrote:
Thank you for the info. Is it a weekly or bi-weekly switch? Should I just check back once a day to see if it changed?


Hi, I change them whenever someone requests them. I'll reupload 6-8 when I get the chance.


:bowdown: praise be :bowdown2:
:cheeky: Donate to the Kitchen ---> http://www.paypal.me/StoveMods
User avatar
[Stove]
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby [Stove] on Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:31 am

So apparently I'm a friggin idiot and I overwrote my edited JEDL1 class with another custom made one. So like the biggest pain in the ass ever I'm asking you to re-share JEDL1 :oops: :crazyeyes: :oops: :(
:cheeky: Donate to the Kitchen ---> http://www.paypal.me/StoveMods
User avatar
[Stove]
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby RobDavis on Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:22 am

I'll be grabbing 6-8 today and replacing the rest of the nba players from my college roster
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20
Links to Beats, YouTube, Socials etc..
http://linktr.ee/RobDavis


College Hoops 2K19 Mod
College Hoops 2K20 Mod
User avatar
RobDavis
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:49 am
Location: IL

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby JEDL on Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:26 am

[Stove] wrote:So apparently I'm a friggin idiot and I overwrote my edited JEDL1 class with another custom made one. So like the biggest pain in the ass ever I'm asking you to re-share JEDL1 :oops: :crazyeyes: :oops: :(

Yikes haha, I'll reupload Year 1 now

RobDavis wrote:I'll be grabbing 6-8 today and replacing the rest of the nba players from my college roster

(Y) (Y) (Y)
Image
User avatar
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby JEDL on Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:33 am

TGsoGood wrote::applaud:
Any info or details you can share about specific prospects?

Sorry it took so long lol, had another write-up I'm working on.

Year 5
M.L. Kay (Projected Top 5)
Strengths
Capable scorer on the inside and outside the paint
Capable defender on the interior and perimeter, good instincts
Good ball handler, capable shot creator
Weaknesses
Needs to build some weight and strength to hold his own in the paint
Conditioning is subpar, tends to get gassed when playing extended minutes
Terrible rebounder, doesn’t box-out enough
Artis Morgan (Projected Top 5)
Strengths
His solid form allows him to be consistent when hitting his jumpers
Great perimeter defender, has a knack for catching steals
Weaknesses
Conditioning is not good, needs more training on this aspect
Can’t create shots for himself, relies on catch-and-shoot/spot-up opportunities
Marko Babic (Projected 2nd Rounder)
Strengths
He hits the midrange at an elite rate
Great foot speed and acceleration
Has the potential to be great as he has the work ethic
Weaknesses
Inconsistent scorer inside
Bad free throw shooter
Court vision is limited, not much of a passer

Year 6
Antoine Eisley (Projected Top 5)
Strengths
Great athletic ability
Has the physicality to play the PF position if needed
Weaknesses
Subpar shooter, not much of an outside threat
Decent shot creator, needs more polish

Year 7
Tyler Willis (Projected Top 5)
Strengths
Has presence in the paint, can rebound and defend well in that area
Good passer and ball handler for his position and size
Weaknesses
Terrible free throw shooter, often gets benched in the closing minutes
Unreliable at scoring in the post
Needs work on catching alley-oop passes, otherwise he is a decent lob threat
Goksu Smith (Projected Top 5)
Strengths
Very athletic, likes to posterize opponents
Great finisher around the rim, can adjust his shots mid-layup and hit them consistently
Excellent conditioning, can run marathons on the court
Weaknesses
A wildcard, can be very inconsistent on both ends of the floor
Average shot creator for himself, terrible shot creator for others
Below average defender

Year 8
Max Mercer
Strengths
Has the skills of guard and a size and length of a center, a constant mismatch
Capable shooter, will land his open shots
A scoring machine, can punish defenses in many ways
Weaknesses
Terrible rebounder for his position
Has low upper body strength, isn’t effective in backing down in the post
Elias Werner
Strengths
Can bully his way to the rim due to his size, strength and skill
Versatile scorer, has lots of tools at his disposal
Due to his playstyle, he can draw a lot of fouls
Weaknesses
Bad at shooting free throws
Although respectable at that range, he is not a potent perimeter threat
Not much of defender himself even when he puts the effort in
Image
User avatar
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby JEDL on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:07 am

I'm not sure if we have a section for this, but I just finished this write-up which relates to the draft classes I made so might as well post it here. I mean this is 2K where you can essentially and subtly manipulate the league to your favor by playing the games manually, healing your injured stars, injuring opponents on Edit Player, etc. But what pushed me to do this was the fact that I just simmed games, and didn't bother manipulating odds in my favor resulting in thrilling situations where I had to see whether I would win or not. I made up stories in my head as to how the league was playing out which was fun. So yeah, every game was simulated except for one (I'll point it out below if you keep reading).

Previous Season:
The Pittsburgh Force, after a promising run the previous year with their season ending by taking the 1st seeded powerhouse Atlanta Hawks to 6 games, shocking the league. The franchise still in its infancy, has already stacked young talent primed for a possible dynasty.

Leading this team that season was their rookie Oliver Svensson, who not only landed the Rookie of the Year award, but also earned a place in the 3rd All-NBA team. He was backed up by sophomore Kai Iwahashi, who averaged 19.8 PPG, 5 RPG and 4 APG. The two ran an unorthodox PnR where Iwahashi would play PF and Svensson on C, punishing teams who ran traditional bigs. Other young talent included the two-headed monsters in the C position: 7’3’’ Dakari King and 7’7’’ Julio Watson, 3nD extraordinaire Melo Melo, the ultimate microwave Scotty Holland, hustle player Kevon Looney, and the serviceable Jamie Starks. Svensson had this to say after Game 6 against the Hawks:

“We’re only in our 3rd year in the league and we’ve shown we can compete. I mean it’s my first season, but we know we can hang with the best.”

It was obvious Pittsburgh was lacking a starter-level PG, which was promptly exposed by the Hawks in that series. Trae Young completely manhandled the opposition, averaging 30 PPG with 50% FG and 43% in 3P%. The rotation of Jamie Starks (who is a role player at best), Milos Teodisic (who was basically ancient at this point) and Scotty Holland (who is more of a SG than PG) wasn’t cutting it. Fortunately, the overseas contract of Pablo Gonzales, a rising star with the Spanish League, is expiring and is looking to transition to the NBA.

With excitement and hope, the Force await the next season.

Next Season:
The team barely made any changes other than drafting the Russian Artem Gornev and J.J. Childress, resigning some key players and awaiting the arrival of the Spaniard Pablo Gonzales (who was drafted 2 seasons ago) in order to maintain continuity and chemistry.

The season began with festive anticipation...only to be quelled almost immediately.

The team would lose the first 4 games. They would notch some wins here and there but losses were accumulating and losing streaks became commonplace. Team chemistry took a hit. It was even clear from the eye test and body language after each loss that they weren’t gelling together. They couldn’t find the momentum.

Iwahashi has already stated that he intends to move on once his contract ends next season, showing frustration with the piling losses. Kevon Looney has also expressed disappointment with the team's current state and has asked for a trade. He would later be traded to Miami in exchange for the undrafted Hamidou Doumbouya for what essentially was a quick player swap (both players were unhappy with their roles on their respective teams). With 2 weeks before the trade deadline, fans began to speculate if the team would begin the tanking phase and blow-up the roster.

Trade Deadline:

20-33.

This was the record of the Pittsburgh Force before the trade deadline, tied for the 3rd lowest in the East.

What everyone didn’t know was this single trade on this fateful day would result in something magical.

In an out-of-nowhere-RKO-esque trade, the Force sent Iwahashi to the Kings for the 30-year-old Buddy Hield. Everyone was scratching their heads to the logic in the decision-making involved in this trade.

“We couldn’t find any proper suitors, which was baffling,” The Pittsburgh GM said.

“We were leaning on just keeping him [Iwahashi] and see how it plays out in the offseason...that is until we got an offer from the Sacramento. We were running out of time so we just decided to pull the trigger. Hield still has 2 more years in his contract, he might like it here.”

With the addition of Hield, head coach Kevin McHale decided to change up their system into a more post-oriented style.

“In one of our scrimmages, Buddy [Hield] and Olly [Svensson] began going through plays centered around [Svensson] going down low. They were unstoppable. I didn’t notice it before but he’s actually pretty effective when he posts up, high or low. He’s a good passer, can shoot over just about anyone and can move really well for his size. Surround him with shooters and you have a recipe for success. Plus, Buddy is a great scorer himself in just about any situation: spot-ups, off the dribble, in transition, etc. They’re a good match.”

With a revamped system and playstyle, the Force would go 24-5, finishing 44-38. Their basic strategy involved having shooting threats around Svensson. The trade for Doumbouya somehow paid off as he was a threat from outside (he averaged 37% in 3P%), can rebound and defend. They would rain opponents from 3.

The Force barely edged out the Bulls by 1 game to land the 7th seed. They would face off against the Hawks once again in the 1st round.

Playoffs:

Pittsburgh Force roster (for comparison): https://i.imgur.com/dZmJvwS.png

Despite the injury to Julius Randle, the Hawks still had the talent advantage over the Force. Derrick Favors would replace him in the starting line-up.

Atlanta Hawks roster: https://i.imgur.com/JK2cKZE.png

The two teams traded wins, eventually leading to a Game 7. Pittsburgh would emerge victorious. With Gonzales’ stout defense, they were able to limit Trae Young to 24 PPG with 33% in 3P%. Although they weren’t able to contain everyone, Pittsburgh won through the sheer volume of 3’s they threw. Gordon Hayward was surprised to hear how many 3PA they gave up.

“They were like what, averaging almost 50 threes as a team? Wow.”

The next opponent were the 3rd seeded Boston Celtics. Like the Hawks, they were also stacked in talent: Walker, Tatum and Brown just to name a few. In similar fashion, the number of threes Pittsburgh attempted and made completely blew Kemba Walker and co. out of the water. The Force won in 6 games with all those wins involving embarrassing blowouts.

Boston Celtics roster: (forgot to screenshot, sorry)

On the other side of the bracket, the Bulls led by Lance Lane and Edmund Finley, shock the 76ers in a sweep. They would take Steph Curry and the Magic in a thrilling 7-game series where Chicago would end up prevailing.

And in a somewhat humorous outcome, the 7th and 8th seed would square-off in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Despite being the 8th seed, the Bulls still had superior talent on paper, they were actually expected to be on a higher seeding but somehow dropped. Experts agreed that the Force might have used all their luck and eventually end up losing.

Chicago Bulls roster: https://i.imgur.com/yQbFBLM.png

This series would also reach another Game 7. After the heroics from Holland who exploded for 30 points off the bench in 20 minutes, the Force would wound up winning, granting them the ticket to the NBA Finals.

At this point, Memphis was already waiting who had handily defeated the 7th seed Zion-led Pelicans in 5 games. Experts would bring up how the young, inexperienced Force might be exhausted since they never slowed down and kept their fast pace since the regular season. This is combined with 2 series ending with Game 7’s and how hard they fought to get through superior (talent-wise) teams.

Memphis Grizzlies roster: https://i.imgur.com/ybt3Tk0.png

And once again, defying all expectations, the 7th seeded Pittsburgh demolish Memphis in a sweep and win the Larry O’Brien trophy, now being the lowest seeded team to win the title. In one game, Julio Watson breaks the playoff record for most blocks in a game with 12, making this playoff run even more special (link: https://i.imgur.com/JzYprI5.png) (That was the only game I played manually, it was fun swatting shots left and right).

“Everything about this run was special, no one ever saw us coming,” Kevin McHale said.

“I mean, no one on this team is an All-Star but we all played like one for the whole postseason.”

Playoff bracket:

Image

Pittsburgh Force Playoff Stats: https://i.imgur.com/bCBUbYT.png
Scotty Holland's monstrous per-36: https://i.imgur.com/5h4sKjx.png
Image
User avatar
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby [Stove] on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:43 pm

JEDL wrote:
[Stove] wrote:So apparently I'm a friggin idiot and I overwrote my edited JEDL1 class with another custom made one. So like the biggest pain in the ass ever I'm asking you to re-share JEDL1 :oops: :crazyeyes: :oops: :(

Yikes haha, I'll reupload Year 1 now

RobDavis wrote:I'll be grabbing 6-8 today and replacing the rest of the nba players from my college roster

(Y) (Y) (Y)


ty sir
:cheeky: Donate to the Kitchen ---> http://www.paypal.me/StoveMods
User avatar
[Stove]
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby Miiles on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:45 pm

JEDL wrote:I'm not sure if we have a section for this, but I just finished this write-up which relates to the draft classes I made so might as well post it here. I mean this is 2K where you can essentially and subtly manipulate the league to your favor by playing the games manually, healing your injured stars, injuring opponents on Edit Player, etc. But what pushed me to do this was the fact that I just simmed games, and didn't bother manipulating odds in my favor resulting in thrilling situations where I had to see whether I would win or not. I made up stories in my head as to how the league was playing out which was fun. So yeah, every game was simulated except for one (I'll point it out below if you keep reading).

Previous Season:
The Pittsburgh Force, after a promising run the previous year with their season ending by taking the 1st seeded powerhouse Atlanta Hawks to 6 games, shocking the league. The franchise still in its infancy, has already stacked young talent primed for a possible dynasty.

Leading this team that season was their rookie Oliver Svensson, who not only landed the Rookie of the Year award, but also earned a place in the 3rd All-NBA team. He was backed up by sophomore Kai Iwahashi, who averaged 19.8 PPG, 5 RPG and 4 APG. The two ran an unorthodox PnR where Iwahashi would play PF and Svensson on C, punishing teams who ran traditional bigs. Other young talent included the two-headed monsters in the C position: 7’3’’ Dakari King and 7’7’’ Julio Watson, 3nD extraordinaire Melo Melo, the ultimate microwave Scotty Holland, hustle player Kevon Looney, and the serviceable Jamie Starks. Svensson had this to say after Game 6 against the Hawks:

“We’re only in our 3rd year in the league and we’ve shown we can compete. I mean it’s my first season, but we know we can hang with the best.”

It was obvious Pittsburgh was lacking a starter-level PG, which was promptly exposed by the Hawks in that series. Trae Young completely manhandled the opposition, averaging 30 PPG with 50% FG and 43% in 3P%. The rotation of Jamie Starks (who is a role player at best), Milos Teodisic (who was basically ancient at this point) and Scotty Holland (who is more of a SG than PG) wasn’t cutting it. Fortunately, the overseas contract of Pablo Gonzales, a rising star with the Spanish League, is expiring and is looking to transition to the NBA.

With excitement and hope, the Force await the next season.

Next Season:
The team barely made any changes other than drafting the Russian Artem Gornev and J.J. Childress, resigning some key players and awaiting the arrival of the Spaniard Pablo Gonzales (who was drafted 2 seasons ago) in order to maintain continuity and chemistry.

The season began with festive anticipation...only to be quelled almost immediately.

The team would lose the first 4 games. They would notch some wins here and there but losses were accumulating and losing streaks became commonplace. Team chemistry took a hit. It was even clear from the eye test and body language after each loss that they weren’t gelling together. They couldn’t find the momentum.

Iwahashi has already stated that he intends to move on once his contract ends next season, showing frustration with the piling losses. Kevon Looney has also expressed disappointment with the team's current state and has asked for a trade. He would later be traded to Miami in exchange for the undrafted Hamidou Doumbouya for what essentially was a quick player swap (both players were unhappy with their roles on their respective teams). With 2 weeks before the trade deadline, fans began to speculate if the team would begin the tanking phase and blow-up the roster.

Trade Deadline:

20-33.

This was the record of the Pittsburgh Force before the trade deadline, tied for the 3rd lowest in the East.

What everyone didn’t know was this single trade on this fateful day would result in something magical.

In an out-of-nowhere-RKO-esque trade, the Force sent Iwahashi to the Kings for the 30-year-old Buddy Hield. Everyone was scratching their heads to the logic in the decision-making involved in this trade.

“We couldn’t find any proper suitors, which was baffling,” The Pittsburgh GM said.

“We were leaning on just keeping him [Iwahashi] and see how it plays out in the offseason...that is until we got an offer from the Sacramento. We were running out of time so we just decided to pull the trigger. Hield still has 2 more years in his contract, he might like it here.”

With the addition of Hield, head coach Kevin McHale decided to change up their system into a more post-oriented style.

“In one of our scrimmages, Buddy [Hield] and Olly [Svensson] began going through plays centered around [Svensson] going down low. They were unstoppable. I didn’t notice it before but he’s actually pretty effective when he posts up, high or low. He’s a good passer, can shoot over just about anyone and can move really well for his size. Surround him with shooters and you have a recipe for success. Plus, Buddy is a great scorer himself in just about any situation: spot-ups, off the dribble, in transition, etc. They’re a good match.”

With a revamped system and playstyle, the Force would go 24-5, finishing 44-38. Their basic strategy involved having shooting threats around Svensson. The trade for Doumbouya somehow paid off as he was a threat from outside (he averaged 37% in 3P%), can rebound and defend. They would rain opponents from 3.

The Force barely edged out the Bulls by 1 game to land the 7th seed. They would face off against the Hawks once again in the 1st round.

Playoffs:

Pittsburgh Force roster (for comparison): https://i.imgur.com/dZmJvwS.png

Despite the injury to Julius Randle, the Hawks still had the talent advantage over the Force. Derrick Favors would replace him in the starting line-up.

Atlanta Hawks roster: https://i.imgur.com/JK2cKZE.png

The two teams traded wins, eventually leading to a Game 7. Pittsburgh would emerge victorious. With Gonzales’ stout defense, they were able to limit Trae Young to 24 PPG with 33% in 3P%. Although they weren’t able to contain everyone, Pittsburgh won through the sheer volume of 3’s they threw. Gordon Hayward was surprised to hear how many 3PA they gave up.

“They were like what, averaging almost 50 threes as a team? Wow.”

The next opponent were the 3rd seeded Boston Celtics. Like the Hawks, they were also stacked in talent: Walker, Tatum and Brown just to name a few. In similar fashion, the number of threes Pittsburgh attempted and made completely blew Kemba Walker and co. out of the water. The Force won in 6 games with all those wins involving embarrassing blowouts.

Boston Celtics roster: (forgot to screenshot, sorry)

On the other side of the bracket, the Bulls led by Lance Lane and Edmund Finley, shock the 76ers in a sweep. They would take Steph Curry and the Magic in a thrilling 7-game series where Chicago would end up prevailing.

And in a somewhat humorous outcome, the 7th and 8th seed would square-off in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Despite being the 8th seed, the Bulls still had superior talent on paper, they were actually expected to be on a higher seeding but somehow dropped. Experts agreed that the Force might have used all their luck and eventually end up losing.

Chicago Bulls roster: https://i.imgur.com/yQbFBLM.png

This series would also reach another Game 7. After the heroics from Holland who exploded for 30 points off the bench in 20 minutes, the Force would wound up winning, granting them the ticket to the NBA Finals.

At this point, Memphis was already waiting who had handily defeated the 7th seed Zion-led Pelicans in 5 games. Experts would bring up how the young, inexperienced Force might be exhausted since they never slowed down and kept their fast pace since the regular season. This is combined with 2 series ending with Game 7’s and how hard they fought to get through superior (talent-wise) teams.

Memphis Grizzlies roster: https://i.imgur.com/ybt3Tk0.png

And once again, defying all expectations, the 7th seeded Pittsburgh demolish Memphis in a sweep and win the Larry O’Brien trophy, now being the lowest seeded team to win the title. In one game, Julio Watson breaks the playoff record for most blocks in a game with 12, making this playoff run even more special (link: https://i.imgur.com/JzYprI5.png) (That was the only game I played manually, it was fun swatting shots left and right).

“Everything about this run was special, no one ever saw us coming,” Kevin McHale said.

“I mean, no one on this team is an All-Star but we all played like one for the whole postseason.”

Playoff bracket:

[ Image ]

Pittsburgh Force Playoff Stats: https://i.imgur.com/bCBUbYT.png
Scotty Holland's monstrous per-36: https://i.imgur.com/5h4sKjx.png


What a work, love it :applaud:
User avatar
Miiles
Culture.
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:56 am
Location: France

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby Basketballku1 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:09 pm

Would it be possible to reupload year 2 and 3? I reset my computer and lost the files unfortunately :(
Basketballku1
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Classes 2K20 (Years 5-8 Released)

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:57 pm

great write ups. Thank you for posting all this stuff. I enjoy your draft classes, especially since it is fictional prospects that I'm actually familiar with.
Thanks for everything here.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5315
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DaRealKing, dasniper19982, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Gringo, oderfla0413, Shuajota, Slr0801, Venom2018 and 14 guests