Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Jeffx on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:14 am

air gordon wrote:the white game seems like ages ago after 2 terrible losses to bucks and levert & irving-less nets. i'm pretty sure shumpert was bagging groceries last week and then puts on a jersey against the bulls and schools them

fire boylen

I still say this Bulls team has the talent to be a 7th or 8th seed in the east. If they don't make the playoffs, heads should definitely roll.
Jeffx

Postby air gordon on Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 am

appreciate the optimism. if porter can't stay healthy, i doubt it they are in the postseason. they were already near bottom in offensive and defensive rating when he was playing

it was a nice preseason though lol
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 am

Any insights into Markkanen's struggles? I've only see the game against the Rockets this year and in that one he was missing despite good looks. Has that been the case in other games as well, or has the offense/ball movement been letting him down?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:17 am

blame jim boylen lol

laurie's certainly shooting more 3's. maybe boylen prefers him as a kickout shooter idk. his best games have come with him going to the basket instead of spot up shooter.

not sure what's up with detroit. drummond looked uninterested. kennard looked hungover or was it vice versa. nice to see deng back at the UC (rose)
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:44 am

December 24th looms. Merry Christmas, Mr Boylen!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:43 pm

Rose claims he'd still be a bull if load management existed back then. I think he's overexaggerating a bit but I tihnk he'd still be injury prone becuase he was too explosive for his body to handle
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:58 am

thanksgiving's a holiday too, Garpax
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:30 am

Disposing of a turkey on Thanksgiving. Now that would be fitting!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:32 pm

bah zing. well done sir

i'm happy with the loss with the heat. even though they didn't score until maybe 5 minutes into the game, they still made a game of it with a team that's clearly above their class

i must give credit to boylen when its due. lavine was a turd in the 1st. blown defensive assignment, turnover, and forced 3pt attempt early in the clock. deserved to be benched in the 1st
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:27 pm

Zach with the "I'll show you" game for Boylen :lol: I don't know but that near half-court shot, along the barrage of threes he's draining, in the last minutes of the game kinda reminds me of that game TMac scored 13 points in the last minute against the Spurs (even the game winner was off a steal).

They're fortunate that Lavine is on-fire on this game or they'll gonna blow another game where they're ahead most of the time... I have my doubts when they signed him but Satoransky has been good so far though I can't say the same thing for Thadeus Young. I hope the issue between Boylen and Lavine doesn't turn into like what happened to Butler and Hoiberg... Also, Lauri should be an all-star this year what the fuck is going on?
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:41 pm

It's also funny to think that 13 threes isn't enough to get you the single game record these days. Hell of a game from LaVine.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:07 am

shades of tmac & miller time vs knicks. couldn't believe those shots fell even on a rewatch.

what is lauri's ceiling? he seems to be misused by boylen but what are his skills other than being a mobile big who can hit 3's? he's a little porzingis like where he can't post up smaller players and isn't much of an iso player at this point.

i guess that's a bit of a crude take lol
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:36 pm

Andrew wrote:It's also funny to think that 13 threes isn't enough to get you the single game record these days.

Players hitting 4 threes a game is just the norm these days (along the ridiculous numbers of shot attempts). It is indeed an evolved game. Did Zach joined the 3 point contest in the past? Would it be awesome that he'll achieve what is MJ trying to get back then by being a dunk and 3-point champ. I don't recall any player who achieved that feat and the closest I can think of (without googling) is Kenny Smith perhaps?
air gordon wrote:what is lauri's ceiling? he seems to be misused by boylen but what are his skills other than being a mobile big who can hit 3's? he's a little porzingis like where he can't post up smaller players and isn't much of an iso player at this point.

i guess that's a bit of a crude take lol

I reckon his agile enough to be matched up against the opposing bigs. Dudes been advertising himself as a more beefed-up guy this off-season showing his "improved" muscular physique every now and then. He's not like this last year so perhaps all goes down to Boylen's gameplan.

Saw some article earlier saying that Reinsdorf is livid on how the Bulls have fared so far this season. Some are even suggesting that they might be considering firing Gar but I reckon they will sack Boylen instead, well unless Paxson washes his hands on the matter and fully blames Gar for everything...
Moz

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:13 am

I believe MJ was the first to compete in both events, Kenny Smith became the first to compete in both events on the same night. Ray Allen competed in the dunk contest as a rookie (Kobe won) and then later won the shootout. Brent Barry won the dunk contest as a rookie and then later competed in the shootout, making a good run at becoming the first player to win both but ultimately coming up short. So yeah, LaVine has a chance to make history if he's in the shootout. I'd like to see it happen.

Yeah, I saw those reports as well. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I could see the blade falling on Boylen and Gar, but then you've still get Pax and the same owners, so will it really bring about the necessary change? I'm sceptical, but scepticism alone isn't enough for me to say spare their jobs and better the devil you know; by all means cut them loose. I'd like to see Pax go as well, though. Thanks for the big three in 1993 and all, but that was 26 years ago.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:35 am

Moz wrote:
Andrew wrote:I reckon his agile enough to be matched up against the opposing bigs. Dudes been advertising himself as a more beefed-up guy this off-season showing his "improved" muscular physique every now and then. He's not like this last year so perhaps all goes down to Boylen's gameplan.

i think some blame has to go on him too. fg% under 50% in the paint? that's atrocious

almost 50% of his shots are 3's. crappy system boylen but only making 30%. yeesh

nothing like a trip to sacto to end a losing streak.

if heads are to roll, nuke the whole thing. agree with andrew. reinsdorf SR can stay on as majority owner but he can fire his son and everyone under him, including Pax

interesting bit i heard- boylen lets Pax sit in on practices, in the film room, etc! i remember in jordan rules how the players would resent krause for even being on the same bus as them
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:21 am

Was that the king's beating the grizz the other day at the UC?

Mediocre opponents but I'll take the wins. No 4th quarter choke jobs and Lauri is looking more confident (Y)
Jinx alert
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:15 am

bulls leading the league in moral victories according to jim boylen

lowry may very well be the cp3 of the east. biggest complainer and flopper.. or veteran tactics if you're a toronto fan

free daniel gafford
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:30 pm

Zach is trying to get that All-star nod bonus haha he's ripping it up only thing I complain is he's shooting too many contested jumpers when he can just setup somebody for a better shot. As I've said, just get rid of the PGs and get some 3&D wingmen just let Zach be the PG since he hugs the ball all the time. Hutch and Valentine just can't cut it and Porter Jr is a Chinadoll...
Moz

Postby Moz on Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:41 pm

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1248104205921013760
Woj wrote:The Chicago Bulls are finalizing a deal with Denver Nuggets GM Arturas Karnisovas to become the franchise’s new Executive VP of Basketball Operations, sources tell ESPN. Karnisovas will be tasked with hiring a new GM and reshaping the front office.

Since Paxson was tasked to interview him, it seems that he'll still have a role in the management. Well, at least he's not in the helm anymore and Foreman will be a goner. Here are some of the transactions he made on his 1st year as the Nuggets' GM:

- Traded Timofey Mozgov to Cavs for 2 1st Rd Picks
- Traded Afflalo for Will Barton and a 1st Rd Pick
- Traded Doug McDermott for Gary Harris and Jusuf Nurkic
- Drafted Nikola Jokic.

Not bad eh? So I'm quite excited about this hiring instead of them settling for the likes of Dwyane Wade or Michael Finely who were still unknowns in the field.
Moz

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:54 pm

It's a promising change, no doubt. Here's hoping new leadership will bring fresh ideas and savvy moves. It'd be wrong to say that GarPax never made a single good move, but those moves were getting further and further away in the rear view mirror, and it didn't seem like they had much of a plan in the present (or a lot of goodwill with anyone). Undermining coaches because they wanted a Yes Man is a big red flag, too. Time for a new era, a new start. Fingers crossed Karnisovas truly will have the freedom and ability to make good moves on all fronts.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:22 pm

I'm waiting if the rumor that they'll deal the #4 with WCJ to the Warriors for Wiseman will materialize and then when nothing happened I'm pretty sure they'll draft the Israeli kid and to my surprise they went after an unknown. From what I see from the youtube draft scouts and highlights, he's a good combo-forward defender who can be relied on for spot up shots (actually he can make his own shots a bit). The new FO head drafted Jokic so I'm crossing my fingers that it'll turn out like that with this player and not another Tyrus Thomas/James Johnson scenario...
Moz

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:04 pm

On paper, using the fourth pick to take someone who was a bench player in college seems iffy, but it is a new front office, and as you said, is headed up by the person who drafted Nikola Jokic. I too am willing to see how it plays out, while keeping my expectations customarily low.

I'm not surprised to see Kris Dunn be let go. I'm not sure anyone was going to play well under Boylen, so I'm not going to write him off completely. Still, I'd say he was expendable, and probably not going to fetch any decent players or worthwhile picks in trades. Better for both sides to move on.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:51 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm not surprised to see Kris Dunn be let go. I'm not sure anyone was going to play well under Boylen, so I'm not going to write him off completely. Still, I'd say he was expendable, and probably not going to fetch any decent players or worthwhile picks in trades. Better for both sides to move on.

Coby White needs to be unleashed so that's inevitable.
Moz

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:24 pm

Exactly. Might as well clear the way.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:49 pm

The Bulls win!

Must be the 96 throwback jerseys with the jumpman logo for sure that pushed them.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball