2k20 Jersey Template

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

2k20 Jersey Template

Postby penningrothmatt on Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:00 am

I'm new to this community and was wondering where I could find a Nike Jersey and shorts Template to create my own uniform?
penningrothmatt

Re: 2k20 Jersey Template

Postby RobDavis on Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:57 am

Here you go, its a PSD works in photoshop

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1co_CWQ ... sp=sharing
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 am

RobDavis wrote:Here you go, its a PSD works in photoshop

great stuff, as usual (Y)
sticky-fingers

Postby gp2k25 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:05 pm

Is there a video somewhere on how to use this template to create uniforms? This would be so cool to make your own uniforms.
gp2k25

Postby RobDavis on Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:25 pm

Here is a few videos from some streams I've done.... Sorry its kinda long but in here I do go over some key things when making a jersey

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby itsmb8 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:06 pm

I never realized how easy it is with that mod.

One question Rob: is there any indicating line on your template where the armhole patterns should stop if youre trying to mimic the Nike x NBA jersey template? I noticed if you filled the entire space for the armholes, that the pattern goes 100% around.
itsmb8

Postby penningrothmatt on Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:32 am

So I have made the jersey that I want in the game, but whenever I try to preview it in the 2ku uniform menu the game suddenly crashes. What would be causing that?
penningrothmatt

Postby RobDavis on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:26 am

itsmb8 wrote:I never realized how easy it is with that mod.

One question Rob: is there any indicating line on your template where the armhole patterns should stop if you're trying to mimic the Nike x NBA jersey template? I noticed if you filled the entire space for the armholes, that the pattern goes 100% around.

Honestly for some jerseys i just did trial and error if i needed the sleeves to cut off at a certain point. If there is a jersey in game you can extract the dds and put it into the template as a guide.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby RobDavis on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:49 am

penningrothmatt wrote:So I have made the jersey that I want in the game, but whenever I try to preview it in the 2ku uniform menu the game suddenly crashes. What would be causing that?

make sure the filenames and filetype are correct. A jersey has a number of files and if one filename or type is off the game will crash when it tries to load.

Save your files as dxt1 no alpha here are my settings

For any new jersey makers just some info... Below if one of the jerseys I made for my college mod. I used a retro philly jersey

uxxx.Rdat: This is the file that tells the game what type of jersey it is. You can edit this in notepad to change things about the jersey
Shorts_color: This is the files that will load the shorts
Jersey_color: This is the file that will load the jersey
Jersey_Normal: This is the wrinkles in the jersey texture. I included a blank normal you can use if your making a custom jersey (a gold color file with a jersey imprint).
Shorts_Normal: This is the wrinkles in the shorts texture. I included a blank normal you can use if your making a custom jersey (a gold color file with a shorts imprint).
Jersey_region: This is another file the jersey uses. I also included a blank region you can use if your making a custom jersey (its pink in the template).
Shorts region: This is another file the jersey uses. I also included a blank region you can use if your making a custom jersey (its pink in the template).

In the template I included the UV layout and a example of a knicks jersey. Use those as your guide helps with making stuff lineup. As far as normal and region files if you are making custom jerseys just save those layers by themselves and rename and place in the iff.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby mithrxs on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:11 am

anyone know of a way to customize socks with a texture like these two for the classic jerseys?
They arent just a solid color (also dont know how to change that either). They have a stripe going around them.
mithrxs

Postby penningrothmatt on Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:33 am

Would anyone happen to know how to create and apply the fabric folds that are in every jersey? I'm using photoshop but can't quite grasp how to apply let alone find a texture that looks similar to the designs that other members of this community have made.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
penningrothmatt

Postby RobDavis on Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:01 pm

penningrothmatt wrote:Would anyone happen to know how to create and apply the fabric folds that are in every jersey? I'm using photoshop but can't quite grasp how to apply let alone find a texture that looks similar to the designs that other members of this community have made.

Its in my template its the green texture. Its called the normal file. I included a default one you can use in every jersey.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby [Stove] on Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:47 am

Thank you for this. :)

RobDavis wrote:Here is a few videos from some streams I've done.... Sorry its kinda long but in here I do go over some key things when making a jersey

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

So I was following along with your video on the top, and when you went to go test your Milwaukee jersey before you did the numbers and font I did the same and went to go test mine out.
But when I went to go look on the preview to choose jerseys it would not show up. In fact it made the jersey before it appear. So the one I tried to modify was the Statement jersey for the Knicks. When I scrolled through the jerseys from the left side it showed my Icon jersey, and when I scrolled from the right side it showed my City jersey. What am I doing wrong here? :?: :oops: :?:
[Stove]

Postby mitzkiro58 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Oh found it! Thanks @RobDavis.
mitzkiro58

Postby sebastiback on Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:41 pm

@RobDavis thanks for these resources. I'm trying to make some new all-star jerseys but I have no idea how to remove the player's team logo from the front. I've also changed the font files but the all-star jerseys seem hard coded as to the font layout and color. Any idea how to remedy these two things?

Thanks in advance.
sebastiback

Postby JasonTR on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:50 am

Does anyone know the dds format of jersey_normal and shorts_normal files? Thank you.
JasonTR

Postby RobDavis on Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:56 am

JasonTR wrote:Does anyone know the dds format of jersey_normal and shorts_normal files? Thank you.

Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby khyzeir92 on Sun May 10, 2020 1:51 pm

hi bro, can you reupload this? the link it says "the file is in owner's trash" ... been lookin'for this bro
khyzeir92

Postby RobDavis on Sun May 10, 2020 4:41 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/16jtf3m ... _Templates

khyzeir92 wrote:

hi bro, can you reupload this? the link it says "the file is in owner's trash" ... been lookin'for this bro
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby khyzeir92 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Thank You so much sir :D ... will credits you when i release some mods in jersey

RobDavis wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/16jtf3mcr4y32/NBA_2K_Creation_Templates

khyzeir92 wrote:

khyzeir92

Postby Wynner77 on Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:49 am

Hello i know we are on 2023 but i need Jersey template psd if somebody have it again, the files is retired please
Wynner77

Postby Mod Flanders on Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:47 am

Wynner77 wrote:Hello i know we are on 2023 but i need Jersey template psd if somebody have it again, the files is retired please

Technically, if you get NBA 2K23 Hook, you can extract any jersey in the game and then use it as a temp in Photoshop. I personally used the 80's and 90's squads (depending on the number placement I want.)

1) Open Hook > Mods ... Turn on File Loading Log.

2) Back to game > Play Now ... Bring up the team/jersey you want. (Ex: 90's all-stars)

3) Go to Hook > Mod > File Manager ... Search the Loading Log for 3 IFF files: your uniform, your font and your tweak. |
(In this case I'm looking for u887.)

NBA 2K23 2024-02-05 10_04_13 AM.png

4) Click Export (for all 3) ... They are now in your game root > Exports folder.

5) Open the u### IFF > Open the jersey and shorts color files.

jersey_color.png

6) Photoshop your little heart out. (I like this uni also because the side stripes are simple and easy to use as a reference.)

Depending on your comfort level, you can also mod the _normal and _region files for full texturing and wrinkles... otherwise on close inspection you'll have your new jersey laid out over the old textures, which is not perfect but also not noticeable in-game.

7) To mod the fonts, you'll play around with the font_number and font_letter color files in the Clothing folder > font.iff...
And to mod the placement and scaling you'll mess with the tweak.iff... but I suck at those and I can't really help. This is why I just pick a jersey
that already has the numbers where I want them.

Better late than never?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mod Flanders

Postby Wynner77 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:11 am

Mod Flanders wrote:
Wynner77 wrote:Hello i know we are on 2023 but i need Jersey template psd if somebody have it again, the files is retired please

Technically, if you get NBA 2K23 Hook, you can extract any jersey in the game and then use it as a temp in Photoshop. I personally used the 80's and 90's squads (depending on the number placement I want.)

1) Open Hook > Mods ... Turn on File Loading Log.

2) Back to game > Play Now ... Bring up the team/jersey you want. (Ex: 90's all-stars)

3) Go to Hook > Mod > File Manager ... Search the Loading Log for 3 IFF files: your uniform, your font and your tweak. |
(In this case I'm looking for u887.)

NBA 2K23 2024-02-05 10_04_13 AM.png

4) Click Export (for all 3) ... They are now in your game root > Exports folder.

5) Open the u### IFF > Open the jersey and shorts color files.

jersey_color.png

6) Photoshop your little heart out. (I like this uni also because the side stripes are simple and easy to use as a reference.)

Depending on your comfort level, you can also mod the _normal and _region files for full texturing and wrinkles... otherwise on close inspection you'll have your new jersey laid out over the old textures, which is not perfect but also not noticeable in-game.

7) To mod the fonts, you'll play around with the font_number and font_letter color files in the Clothing folder > font.iff...
And to mod the placement and scaling you'll mess with the tweak.iff... but I suck at those and I can't really help. This is why I just pick a jersey
that already has the numbers where I want them.

Better late than never?

thank you very much for responding and for the information (Y)
Wynner77

Postby Skysect on Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:46 pm

RobDavis wrote:
JasonTR wrote:Does anyone know the dds format of jersey_normal and shorts_normal files? Thank you.

[ Image ]

Could you share that extension of Nvidia. I have problems with newer versions.
Skysect

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding