2019-2020 Season Daily Discussion

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: 2019-2020 Season Daily Discussion

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:34 am

Gotta drug test the rest of the team, now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:54 am

Andrew wrote:Gotta drug test the rest of the team, now.

this but kind of unironically lol. Nobody expected this Suns team to be this hot :cheeky: out of the gates specially without Ayton. My over/unders will suffer.

Another team Im honestly kind of surprised with is the Lakers but I'm not jinxing it.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:03 am

Another one bites the dust. John Collins of the Hawks gets suspended for 25 games "by testing positive for Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide-2 (GHRP-2)"
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby [Q] on Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:38 am

Kevin wrote:
Andrew wrote:Gotta drug test the rest of the team, now.

this but kind of unironically lol. Nobody expected this Suns team to be this hot :cheeky: out of the gates specially without Ayton. My over/unders will suffer.

Another team Im honestly kind of surprised with is the Lakers but I'm not jinxing it.

Apparently, it's just fundamental basketball with better players: https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/n ... -they-good
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:19 am

Jeffx wrote:How can any basketball fan not love the way the Clippers are playing? Love the energy they bring. They'll be scary when Paul George comes back.

I was listening to Sam Mitchell and Kevin McHale the other night, and they were roasting the Rockets for their lack of effort on defense. I guess it'll be the same story for Houston come May & June.

Knicks are 1-6 with a poorly constructed roster and no real point guard...what a shock.

For me, the biggest surprise is Miami at 5-1.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/ ... 20683.html

yessir. more games of LAC on national TV please

what a bizzaro game that washington -houston game was. with GSW out of the way, i am curious to see if any teams can defend houston in the postseason

that guy BAM should be in contention for MIP if Siakam doesn't win it again
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:23 am

air gordon wrote:with GSW out of the way, i am curious to see if any teams can defend houston in the postseason

I'll be curious to see if Houston can defend in the postseason. :D
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:18 am

Jeffx wrote:
air gordon wrote:with GSW out of the way, i am curious to see if any teams can defend houston in the postseason

I'll be curious to see if Houston can defend in the postseason. :D

Narrator: They didn't.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:07 am

nice zingers there

my homie rubio so far a great addition to the suns. baynes a better fit than juicing' Ayton??
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:09 am

Great redemption story for Ricky after Minnesota tried to trade him the entire time he was there (they took Flynn in the same draft) and Utah dumped him for Conley
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:41 am

nice for him. don't think anyone saw this coming. sun's finally got a legit PG. rubio is the pg version of coach doug collins
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:51 am

go figure the suns lose to the heat. jimmy buckets going bonkers in the 1st then Zoran in the 2nd half. but in the 4th in key possessions it's rubio's inability to hit (open) perimeter shots that played a big factor in the loss
Jump.
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:05 am

I would chalk it up to the Heat being the hottest team in the league right now. Can't expect the Suns to win every game, especially when the way they play leaves them susceptible to hot shooting or good perimeter shooting
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:58 am

Looks like Curry's going to sit out the rest of the season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:13 am

Makes sense with Klays injury. This season was already a bit of a lost cause, so might as well regroup for next year. Tank and get a good pick
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:38 am

Agreed. Time to separate the diehard fans from the bandwagoners.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:06 pm

Kinda doubted the Lakers because of aging LeBron and lack of spacing in 3 ball era but their size is playing a key in their early season success. Also fallen contending teams like Golden States and Rockets make the Lakers chance look even better. I told you so. Westbrook experiment was never going to work out. Rightful triple double player my ass, rather a stat padded hero made out of ass. Where are his die hard bum fans now.

76ers is also similar in that regard. Their starting line up is just shear size and intimidating.

Bucks, 76ers, Lakers, and the Clippers seem like the forefront leading teams this year. This is quite a different look from the past decade.

I am still waiting for the Super rookie's return. Zion was looking like a legit superstar even from year 1 at age of 19.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:35 am

NovU wrote:Kinda doubted the Lakers because of aging LeBron and lack of spacing in 3 ball era but their size is playing a key in their early season success. Also fallen contending teams like Golden States and Rockets make the Lakers chance look even better. I told you so. Westbrook experiment was never going to work out. Rightful triple double player my ass, rather a stat padded hero made out of ass. Where are his die hard bum fans now.

76ers is also similar in that regard. Their starting line up is just shear size and intimidating.

Bucks, 76ers, Lakers, and the Clippers seem like the forefront leading teams this year. This is quite a different look from the past decade.

I am still waiting for the Super rookie's return. Zion was looking like a legit superstar even from year 1 at age of 19.

1. You were worried about the lack of spacing for the Lakers? That makes no sense. They have MANY players that can space the floor including KCP, Danny Green, Caruso, LeBron, Anthony Davis, Dudley (When he plays), Avery Bradley, (Who shot the league average from three last year) Quinn Cook (Who shot 40% from three last year), Troy Daniels who shot 38% from three last year and 40% the year before, etc. They CLEARLY had all the tools to contend this year before the season started, including the inside out game, players that can space the floor, players who could slash, bigs who could board, etc.

2. The Houston Rockets are 5-3, and Westbrook has outplayed Harden overall this season. Here are some of Hardens games so far

Game 1: 2-13 FG, 1-8 threes, 7 turnovers
Game 2: 8-29 FG, 2-18 threes, 8 turnovers
Game 3: 8-21 FG, 3-14 threes, 5 turnovers
Game 5: 10-31 FG, 2-16 threes, 5 turnovers
Game 6: 6-14 FG, 3-9 threes, 6 turnovers

Combined: 34-108 FG (31%), 11-65 threes (17%) and 31 turnovers (6.2 per gasme). They have played 8 games this season, and that is how he has performed in over half of them (5)

He has been piss poor, and if you are attacking Westbrook as the problem this season, I have to wonder if you are watching any of the games. He has literally been playing better than Harden, Harden is shooting like shit and turning the ball over like crazy. Russ is shooting about 46% this season with 4 turnovers per game, Harden is shooting 38% with 5.8 turnovers per game.

And, to lump the Rockets in with the Warriors as teams that have fallen off is ridiculous. The Rockets are literally 5-3, and it's early in the season.

3. Are you seriously pulling the "I told you so" comment? First off, your comments about the Rockets and Westbrook are flat out wrong at the moment, and you are literally the same person that just said you weren't sure if the Lakers had the floor spacing to be successful now, when they literally did and are (And anybody could see that coming into the season with the roster they put together).

4. This:

NovU wrote:Bucks, 76ers, Lakers, and the Clippers seem like the forefront leading teams this year. This is quite a different look from the past decade.

FYI - The Celtics are 6-1 and the Bucks are 6-3. Gordon Hayward is playing at pre-injury levels, literally looks like an all-star. Tatum and Brown are taking it the hoop twice as much this year than last, and Kemba is everything he was advertised to be and more. The Celtics who have a better record at the moment, clearly have the talent and experience to compete in the East. Another part of your post that clearly shows "agenda" driven takes.

C'mon Novu, don't be silly. Clearly the Westbrook comment is agenda driven, considering people who have actually been following see that he has overall played better than Harden, and Harden has been BRICK CITY for the majority of games this season. You not bringing up Harden in talking about any struggles the Rockets are having is incredibly telling.

Keep it real, NovU. No need to BS like this.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:13 am

[Q] wrote:I would chalk it up to the Heat being the hottest team in the league right now. Can't expect the Suns to win every game, especially when the way they play leaves them susceptible to hot shooting or good perimeter shooting

nah. even the suns commenting team surprisingly were knocking rubio saying rubio gets the ball a lot when the shot clock is winding down because teams don't respect his outside shot/leave him open.

phoenix tried to counter with booker bringing the ball up/go PNR. coach Spo countered with the long limbed Bam to trap booker which lead to several costly turnovers

butler was scoring from all over, even with one shoe on lol.

as i said before, for a team like the suns, rubio is a good fit though once you start facing teams that play defense, his flaws get magnified.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:19 am

The Heat against the Lakers played a lot of zone defense, which confused them at first
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:52 pm

I'd put the Heat and Suns in the same basket. Their team ball could win season games but their best players are still Butler and Booker. Not bad but the some teams second best players like the Lakers and Clippers still can beat them. It's an uphill battle for team ball emphasized teams.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:52 pm

Have I brought up how much I hate the jersey choices? Tonight was Milwaukee green @ OKC orange... remember when colors used to contrast.
[Hyperize]

Postby [Q] on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:26 pm

It's so lame. Nike and the NBA just lets home teams wear whatever they want now. Teams are refusing to wear white at home creating the weird moment where you have no idea where the game is taking place. Then the Lakers have to wear their home gold jerseys which Nike considers their "away" jersey. Is it weird that I actually breathe a sigh of relief whenever I see a game and the home team is wearing white and the away team has a colored jersey?

As dumb as this all is, I still don't miss Adidas and sleeved jerseys lmao
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:35 pm

That's true, sleeved jerseys were a mistake. Still, I will say that at least adidas kept the traditional jersey designations for the most part. I know tradition alone isn't reason enough to keep doing a lot of things, but some traditions are nice to have. I've never been a fan of change for change's sake, unless it can also serve as an improvement. In this instance, I still don't think that it is.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Irving-less brought Gordon Hayward back to a solid all start player even though injury is keeping him out atm. Also Jaylen Brown's been awesome as well as Kemba. Surprising this team is beating teams that they were not
expected to. But I don't expect Kemba to keep up with pretty good efficiency.

In the meantime, Irving led Nets are struggling quite a big.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Murat on Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:21 am

lockervision.nba.com lets you check which jerseys will be worn.

these are already decided before season begins. probably by nike, to sell more portions of uniforms.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball