Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster is BACK for 2k20! (Thunder Shaq)

Postby pastrami1993 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:10 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:[ Image ]

Wilt's got some of the nastiest blocks in this game lol. Looking forward to seeing progress on this!
pastrami1993

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:35 am

Thank you for the support. I’ve been working on creating players for the roster. It’s going to make it much easier when I start on the actual roster because I can just place them in. Waiting on CE tables to edit courts and team names/logos.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:21 am

Got cheat engine to work but for some reason the jersey edits aren't staying right now (tried to add the 83 76ers as an extra team in the roster)

Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Been working on finding hidden portraits for my roster

Thunder Shaq

Postby pastrami1993 on Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:25 am

Loving it so far. Its a nice little touch
pastrami1993

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:21 pm

Finally got the legs for Kenny Smith fixed, but of course the CE tables aren't working with the latest patch for me to add the 1995 Rockets as an extra team. Hope it gets fixed

Thunder Shaq

Postby BobbyColtrane on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:18 am

Can't wait for this
BobbyColtrane

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:44 am

I worked quite a bit on it over the past weekend. I’m glad you’re excited. I have a work in progress version of the roster uploaded under my name, but of course it’s not ready to be used. Hope I can get a working version of the CE tables so I can add in these extra teams. The patch kind of ruined that progress, but I will keep working on the rest of the roster until then
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:10 pm

I've added the 1995 Rockets and 2006 76ers as extra teams using the hidden expansion team slots. (Ratings aren't final obviously)

Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:48 am

1983 Lakers and 1987 Sonics are also new additions using the hidden expansion teams

Thunder Shaq

Postby glenski12 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:28 pm

Bro Thanks for the creating retro roster for the community... just hoping you might consider adding 1996-97 Atlanta Hawks, Rockets 1998-99 and 2001 Charlotte Hornets.. .Thanks!
glenski12

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:30 pm

glenski12 wrote:Bro Thanks for the creating retro roster for the community... just hoping you might consider adding 1996-97 Atlanta Hawks, Rockets 1998-99 and 2001 Charlotte Hornets.. .Thanks!

I already have either the 97 or 98 Hawks as an extra team to add. Probably won't add the 99 Rockets (you might just need to edit the 1997 Teaam). I have the 1997 Charlotte Hornets and 2004 New Orleans Hornets currently. Thanks for the support!
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Testing a few teams...

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Thunder Shaq

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20 by Thunder Shaq- Major Roster Updates!

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:32 pm

More Screen Shots!!

Ratings still WIP

Thunder Shaq

Postby pastrami1993 on Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:30 am

Always great to see updates on this. A couple questions tho:

1. You'll probably get to it but will you swapping out the nicknames like "bulldozer" with either real names or numbers?
2. Any plans to work on dornas at some point in the project?
pastrami1993

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:00 am

I won’t be doing dornas, you will have to look for other people’s mods. I think if you change a player from “created” in the edit player table, I assume the nickname goes away? I may be doing that when I finish the roster, but it isn’t at the top of my list currently
Thunder Shaq

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:16 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:I won’t be doing dornas, you will have to look for other people’s mods. I think if you change a player from “created” in the edit player table, I assume the nickname goes away? I may be doing that when I finish the roster, but it isn’t at the top of my list currently

I mention how to do it here.

Dee4Three wrote:
Each player has the area that I highlighted. However, regular players are NORMAL and not generated. Created players are CREATED and generated.

I changed those two fields for the created players and it works 100%, they never use the nickname anymore.

[Image ]

You will have to do this with all "created" players that you use, but it's worth your time. It hurts the realism and immersion quite a bit when they are calling players "Champ", "ABC", "Bulldozer", etc
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:33 am

I’ll probably sit down and grind that portion once I have all the created players in the roster. Put it on windowed mode and just change that for all the created guys while watching something lol
Thunder Shaq

Postby ksmiz on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:50 am

I could probably make a table where you just click once and it would change every players value for that entry if that is something there is an interest in

is there any reason why they couldn't all be changed to normal? would that break anything?

if binary values work like the other types then I would set it up to where setting the value to the top entry will change the value of all the entries nested into underneath it
all the values are evenly spaced apart so it wouldn't be complicated would just need to replicate that about a thousand or few times

it would even be useful to have it for any point in time to apply to any roster as a quick final edit before using it to play with

you could be using some downloaded roster and then you hear about AI but Iverson is no where to be found or ATRAIN coming down the paint
alright yeah I made up my mind if the binary values apply correctly like other values then I will start figuring this out
ksmiz

Postby sitew33 on Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:16 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:I’ll probably sit down and grind that portion once I have all the created players in the roster. Put it on windowed mode and just change that for all the created guys while watching something lol

If you use the Edit player CE table all you have to do is change the 1st player to normal and check the Player Type box. Then just open the rest of the players and save. Every player you open and save will be changed to normal. Still time consuming but not as much.
sitew33

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:32 pm

sitew33 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:I’ll probably sit down and grind that portion once I have all the created players in the roster. Put it on windowed mode and just change that for all the created guys while watching something lol

If you use the Edit player CE table all you have to do is change the 1st player to normal and check the Player Type box. Then just open the rest of the players and save. Every player you open and save will be changed to normal. Still time consuming but not as much.

Either way, it's super easy even if you do player by player.

Thunder, if you need help let me know. I could go in and do some of them for you.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
sitew33 wrote:

Either way, it's super easy even if you do player by player.

Thunder, if you need help let me know. I could go in and do some of them for you.

I'm going to start working on it now and if it seems too overwhelming, I'll let you know. Seems like quite a few people would prefer if I get rid of the nicknames, so I will make sure that it is done for the roster.
Thunder Shaq

Postby ksmiz on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:07 pm

Make a backup before even trying this if you do
--------------------------------------------
I found 3115 players? Sounds about right to me?

so basically there are 3115 copies of this entry nested below spaced to each playerdata

The entry "Simmons?" is just a check to see that you are at the top of the playerdata so that you know you are in the right place to start
it should say simmons before you even go into edit the roster because of the sync.bin roster (after editing a roster if you changed ben simmons or changed phillys pg or something like that then maybe it won't say simmons)
so the value will probably already say Normal but go ahead and click it as if you were going to change the value and then just click ok to set the value to 0 or Normal

setting that value will also set the value for the next 3115 multiplications of +4D8 (the size of 1 playerdata)
and that is why it ends with +4D8*C2B in the last bottom address box if you expanded it out but you don't have to worry about that

so try it out and let me know if it works or if you find any problems
it should be as simple as load roster click, click ok then save roster and then all the values will be 0 or Normal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ksmiz

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:23 pm

It looks like it worked, ksmiz. Played the first quarter with two teams with a lot of created players and didn’t hear a single nickname. Will this still work as I continue to add more created players or does this table only work with 3115 players?

Thanks for your work
Thunder Shaq

Postby ksmiz on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:39 pm

no problem

it was easier than I thought it would be
just made 0-F then copy pasted to get to 0-FF then just a few edits and some more copy pasting and before I knew it already made 3000 copies

Now I have a template to make a table like this for changing any other value if I feel like I want to do something similar for another value
I can just take this table into notepad and replace the entry I want to swap out or add in

it looks like the historic players are all with the value 7 so maybe if you didn't want to change every player to 0 you can expand out the group with right click and then scroll through and change anything that is not a 7 to 0
would be a hell of a lot quicker than doing so from within the game since you can CTRL to select multiple values or SHIFT to select ranges of entries and then make multiple changes at a time rather than in the game

Thunder Shaq wrote:It looks like it worked, ksmiz. Played the first quarter with two teams with a lot of created players and didn’t hear a single nickname. Will this still work as I continue to add more created players or does this table only work with 3115 players?

I ended up making 3115 copies of that entry
It is not going to know if there is less or more players in your roster it was just a simple example and I went with what the roster I loaded up had
if you have more than 3115 players then I could just update it or if you don't even have that many players you will want to delete any extra so that you don't end up messing with the player template data (pretty sure that is the next section of data in order after playerdata)
if you want to check that then right click and go to group config and expand out all the entries then scroll all the way to the bottom and then click browse by memory on the last entry
in the memory viewer if you scroll up a little you should see someone's name and if you do you are fine
like this after scroll up:
but if you are only seeing this:
then you are already into the next section of data and that could be bad since it will be messing with the playertemplates
Last edited by ksmiz on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ksmiz

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding