Question about how Sliders work

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Question about how Sliders work

Postby kingofwhims on Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:07 am

I'm trying to figure out if adjusting global sliders will put a player over 99 on an attribute.
Example: Let's say player A has a Defensive Rebounding rating of 99

Player B has a Defensive Rebounding rating of 50

I go into CPU/USER sliders and raise the global Defensive Rebounding Ability from 50 to 70

Does player A now have a 119 Defensive Rebounding rate, and player B a 70 Defensive Rebounding rate? Or has player A been capped at 99, and only Player B increases?
kingofwhims

Re: Question about how Sliders work

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:47 pm

I'm not sure if that's how it works mechanically; artificially inflating or deflating the ratings under the hood, that is. I believe the ratings scales stay as there are, representing the same ability/skill difference between players, only under different gameplay tuning. In other words, a rating of 99 will still be the best and the maximum, but now it's in an environment where it (along with all other ratings accordingly) will produce inflated results.

I could be wrong, so I'd welcome any clarification, but that's what I've been led to believe as far as the impact and under the hood mechanics of gameplay sliders.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby rickberge on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:22 pm

I wish someone from 2k can explain this. For the past years no one truly knows how sliders work. I wonder if it's something with copyright in regard to how much devs can explain how the game works "under the hood".
rickberge

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:33 pm

It'd definitely be great to get some more insight into the mechanics, though it's also understandable that they don't get into all the technical aspects of it as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K20