Blender Imp-Exp Script v0.97 [11/3 ~ Bug *Hopefully* Fixed]

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Blender Imp-Exp Script v0.97 [11/3 ~ Bug *Hopefully* Fixed]

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:20 pm

The update to the newest version (Blender 2.8) appears to be a pretty big one with lots of new features. Among these features is the ability to do what previously required the MultiEdit plugin - altering multiple objects in Edit Mode and Sculpt Mode at the same time (like all of the model LODs or the hair + headshape) - to name one.

The downside is that addons need to be updated to work in Blender 2.8. I was just curious how many of you intend to update your Blender version soon, and if it's really a big deal to anyone. Asking because if there is interest I can update our current Importer-Exporter script to work in Blender 2.8. I'll just wait until release day to confirm that the file formats haven't changed and that it'd be worth the while.

***** Download latest Blender Importer-Exporter script: Blender Importer-Exporter Script ******
Last edited by trevorjpt33 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K20 by Andrew on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:13 pm.
trevorjpt33

Re: Importer-Exporter Script & Blender 2.8

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:06 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:The update to the newest version (Blender 2.8) appears to be a pretty big one with lots of new features. Among these features is the ability to do what previously required the MultiEdit plugin - altering multiple objects in Edit Mode and Sculpt Mode at the same time (like all of the model LODs or the hair + headshape) - to name one.

The downside is that addons need to be updated to work in Blender 2.8. I was just curious how many of you intend to update your Blender version soon, and if it's really a big deal to anyone. Asking because if there is interest I can update our current Importer-Exporter script to work in Blender 2.8. I'll just wait until release day to confirm that the file formats haven't changed and that it'd be worth the while.

Personally, I think I’m sticking with 2.7 because 2.8 looked like there was a learning curve and I’m just now confident in where things in 2.7 are located. Maybe if you provided an additional walk-through or proper import/export that would smooth the transition?

On a slightly unrelated note, do you intend to attempt conversions between 2k19 and 2k20? I think that would be a massive addition.
bluejaybrandon

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:41 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:The update to the newest version (Blender 2.8) appears to be a pretty big one with lots of new features. Among these features is the ability to do what previously required the MultiEdit plugin - altering multiple objects in Edit Mode and Sculpt Mode at the same time (like all of the model LODs or the hair + headshape) - to name one.

Personally, I think I’m sticking with 2.7 because 2.8 looked like there was a learning curve and I’m just now confident in where things in 2.7 are located. Maybe if you provided an additional walk-through or proper import/export that would smooth the transition?

On a slightly unrelated note, do you intend to attempt conversions between 2k19 and 2k20? I think that would be a massive addition.

I definitely understand, I would imagine that a great deal of people in the community would probably say the same thing. I just opened up Blender 2.80 and it definitely has a different feel. A lot of stuff has changed. One thing I could do is update the importer/exporter to where it works in both Blender 2.7 and 2.8

Regarding conversions - yes. That is the plan. I hope to get them figured out early so that it's more beneficial to the community. Provided that no drastic changes were made to the file formats, it COULD take as little as changing one or two number values in the code I already have for 2K19.
trevorjpt33

Postby bongo88 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:12 am

I think an updated importer/exporter for 2.7 and 2.8 would be pretty neat. Especially since the recent blender tutorials on youtube are using 2.7/2.8. that just my opinion, of course.
bongo88

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:57 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. I did update our existing Blender Importer-Exporter script, including the following:
- Works for both Blender 2.79 AND Blender 2.80
- Now supports exporting of the model skeleton
- Should be able to operate fully for all games from 2K17-2K20, so having separate scripts for different games is not needed
- I made it so that the addon is only visible when you are in Object Mode, so that you won't mistakenly press import or export in another mode
- Other under the hood updates

Download here: Blender Importer-Exporter Script

I made it available now so that people can possibly try out Blender 2.80 and mess around with it while they are bored waiting for NBA 2K20. If my assumption is correct, then this should work just the same when 2K20 comes out in a couple of days. Or maybe a word or two is changed in the SCNE files like the last couple years, which I could just add to the code in like 5 seconds and reupload the script to work for 2K20.
Last edited by trevorjpt33 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:22 am

FYI --> the exporting of the skeleton is a feature I want to try out and see if it has some practical use, such as what was being discussed in this thread here regarding adjusting the skeleton values in the hihead.SCNE file to simulate the "short shorts" look for an individual player https://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=241&t=107447#p1972886

^ The idea being that instead of tinkering with typed in values in the hihead.SCNE file in the text editor, you can visually make those edits to the skeleton by selecting the "nba_skeleton" object in Blender, going into Edit Mode, and moving the desired bone(s) around. Then when you export as usual, you will also find a new hihead.SCNE file in the export directory that you chose. Just beware that moving certain bones can have very drastic results in game (such as "def_spine").

I have a similar idea in mind for the appearance_info.RDAT file, where I could provide a visual slider to drag or hit left/right arrow to change values instead of the tedious typing and retyping of values in a text editor.
trevorjpt33

Postby mrk326 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:19 am

Hi trevor, great job with the release! I was wondering if you have any plans on taking a look at the 2K Explorer Tool? I've been thinking, if 2k introduced WNBA this year, im guessing there would be more archives to load. The current tool can only load from 0A to 3H. This is just a conjecture tho, i don't know if the whole WNBA will be included in a single archive just like retro. Im still preloading the files so i'll try testing the tool later. Thanks man!
ACCEPTING DONATIONS
DONATE
mrk326

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:23 am

Trevor,

Crossing my fingers that I will like this 2K so I can mod the crap out of it and make my retro rosters. A big thing will be hopefully the ability to convert 2K17 faces to 2K20.

If not, I'll try and make due. But I appreciate all your hard work and the tools you have made for the community.

Good luck!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:38 pm

Good stuff! I'll go ahead and get the NBA 2K20 Downloads sections created.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby pistonnation on Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:45 pm

Andrew wrote:Good stuff! I'll go ahead and get the NBA 2K20 Downloads sections created.

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

pistonnation

Postby mrk326 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:20 am

Hey there,

So i just tried putting cfs from 2k19 to see if the files are compatible. Unfortunately, png files aren't compatible with this year's 2k. Face files work like they usually do. Here are some pictures:
ACCEPTING DONATIONS
DONATE
mrk326

Postby sitew33 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:25 am

mrk326 wrote:Hey there,

So i just tried putting cfs from 2k19 to see if the files are compatible. Unfortunately, png files aren't compatible with this year's 2k. Face files work like they usually do. Here are some pictures:

That's a whole lot better than last year. At least it loads up even though with glitches. Last year it wouldn't load up or would crash the game. This is a much better starting point than we had last year.
sitew33

Postby sitew33 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:31 am

Also in messing around with the info.RDAT from Mr Star's KCP it seems that hair, facial hair and headbands may be controlled by the info.Rdat in some fashion.
sitew33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Can confirm that this uploaded script does indeed work just the same for NBA 2K20. No additional changes needed. Should have full functionality in both Blender 2.79 and 2.80

*Added to the Downloads section ---> https://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=11415
trevorjpt33

Re: Blender Importer-Exporter Script v0.97

Postby voidjointx on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:31 pm

Can't enable the add-on do you know whats up with this?
Donations Are Appreciated

https://www.patreon.com/voidjoint
voidjointx

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:49 am

En1gmaV01D wrote:Can't enable the add-on do you know whats up with this?
[ Image ]

Here's a screencap of me getting the addon installed and enabled. Just double check that you are doing the same thing.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fswgL ... D5vgVo-P-X
trevorjpt33

Postby Young1996 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:01 am

trevorjpt33, How to modify hihead and LODs at the same time in blender2.7?Would you please have a video tutorial?If you can, thank you so much.
Young1996

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:23 am

Young1996 wrote:trevorjpt33, How to modify hihead and LODs at the same time in blender2.7?Would you please have a video tutorial?If you can, thank you so much.

Honestly you’d probably be better off doing that in Blender 2.8 since it’s builtin. Doing it in 2.7 requires a third party add-on. It would be a good time to update to 2.8

There’s no shortage of helpful tutorials in the Blender community from people that can explain it better than I can such as this:
https://youtu.be/NnlRKL1aUiI
trevorjpt33

Postby RobDavis on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:18 pm

Cant import in 2.80 getting this error. I just updated to 2.80

Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:27 am

RobDavis wrote:Cant import in 2.80 getting this error. I just updated to 2.80

[ Image ]

Taking a look right now. It's probably just a change in the API that I didn't come across in my own testing.
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:

[ Image ]

Taking a look right now. It's probably just a change in the API that I didn't come across in my own testing.

@RobDavis Here's an updated version of the add-on that should work. Let me know if it does, and also if you encounter any other issues and I will re-upload to the Downloads section
nba2k_tools.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trevorjpt33

Postby Young1996 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:45 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
Young1996 wrote:trevorjpt33, How to modify hihead and LODs at the same time in blender2.7?Would you please have a video tutorial?If you can, thank you so much.

Honestly you’d probably be better off doing that in Blender 2.8 since it’s builtin. Doing it in 2.7 requires a third party add-on. It would be a good time to update to 2.8

There’s no shortage of helpful tutorials in the Blender community from people that can explain it better than I can such as this:
https://youtu.be/NnlRKL1aUiI

Thank you man .I already know how to use multiedit in Blender 2.7. I want to use 2.8, but it changes so much that it's difficult for me to use.
Young1996

Postby InFaMouS ny on Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:20 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

[ Image ]

@RobDavis Here's an updated version of the add-on that should work. Let me know if it does, and also if you encounter any other issues and I will re-upload to the Downloads section
nba2k_tools.zip

whenever i import something and i start to edit, the import/export drop down disappears.

InFaMouS ny

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:48 pm

InFaMouS ny wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

[ Image ]

@RobDavis Here's an updated version of the add-on that should work. Let me know if it does, and also if you encounter any other issues and I will re-upload to the Downloads sectionbe used.
nba2k_tools.zip

whenever i import something and i start to edit, the import/export drop down disappears.

[ Image ]

It’s actually supposed to be hidden unless you are in object mode since that’s where it’s designed to be used. Unless you are in object mode and it’s still hidden, if so that’s a problem.
trevorjpt33

Postby voidjointx on Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:56 pm

exporting hair or beards not working it says "file not found" but it didn't made any changes
Donations Are Appreciated

https://www.patreon.com/voidjoint
voidjointx

Next

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding