2K On Ice

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Re: 2K On Ice

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:37 am

I'm sure there will be tweaks to certain elements throughout the season, particularly the sprinting. I just hope the right voices are heeded. I don't dislike the idea NBA 2K20 is going for with sprint, it might just need a bit of tweaking/balancing.

Just played another game of MyTEAM and it was far preferable to MyCAREER. Only strengthens my resolve to stick to MyTEAM and MyCAREER this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:43 am

Andrew wrote:I'm sure there will be tweaks to certain elements throughout the season, particularly the sprinting. I just hope the right voices are heeded. I don't dislike the idea NBA 2K20 is going for with sprint, it might just need a bit of tweaking/balancing.

Just played another game of MyTEAM and it was far preferable to MyCAREER. Only strengthens my resolve to stick to MyTEAM and MyCAREER this year.

I think it runs out to quick, and builds up to slow. A player doesnt just have a few seconds where he can run around in real life, and it certainly doesnt take him like 5 seconds to get the energy up to run again.

The acceleration needs to be tweaked, like in my video examples of random awkward bursts after going at a slow pace, it looks/feels unnatural. Not only do those quick bursts happen, the player doing them doesnt change animations (to look like he is changing speeds). The look of his movement stays the same, he just speeds up for a second. Look at Kobe etc in the video I posted.

I think items like that could possibly be fixed with patches. But I'm not sure the skating/floating issues can be, I think that would have to be for the next game. Another issue that could possibly be curved with a patch is the constant sucking into other players.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:49 am

Yeah, a lot of the motion/skating stuff is probably a case of "it is what it is", until the next generation. Beluba has discussed adjusting the stamina drain and recovery I believe, so that's something they can balance. I just hope it isn't tweaked based on feedback from Playground cheesers. Keep it realistic, but that in itself requires it to be a bit more forgiving than it is now, especially when it comes to dribble fatigue.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:27 am

Dee thanks for the video. I watched the complete video. I liked the addition of clips from prior games.
I am still enjoying 2K20 overall but again I have decided to spend most of my time playing WNBA and will also play with fictional rosters with lower rated players and less badges.
The badges control animations and outcome by design, so the less the better for me at least.

I don't think the sliding will be cleaned up this generation. Being sucked into the defense also "Sucks"
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:31 am

TGsoGood wrote:Dee thanks for the video. I watched the complete video. I liked the addition of clips from prior games.
I am still enjoying 2K20 overall but again I have decided to spend most of my time playing WNBA and will also play with fictional rosters with lower rated players and less badges.
The badges control animations and outcome by design, so the less the better for me at least.

I don't think the sliding will be cleaned up this generation. Being sucked into the defense also "Sucks"

You're welcome.

I actually haven't put my hands on the WNBA portion. I've put in about 20 hours on the NBA gameplay portion (10 with Steam online and 10 with Steam offline)

I'm going to try it today.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:59 am

If anyone is reading this thread and trying to decide if 2k is improved, please consider disregarding the uneducated opinions on driving and handling being broken. I know I've received several PM's about the fact these "tests" were done with Walker vs Lillard. For reference here are the badges for each:

Those who understand the contemporary NBA would realize that Lillard would be beat in an Iso 10/10 times by Walker. Now, trying the same thing against Patrick Beverly or Paul George yields completely different results. You will be shut down by good on-ball defenders in this game; they body you up and force you into jumpers. Just wanted to provide a different perspective to the negativity.

The skating is present and an issue but the movement system is far from broken. Don't let the echo chamber discourage you from giving it a try. There's a steeper learning curve this year but once you get it down, the game feels good. When you get to the rim against a guy who's been locking you down, you'll feel like you accomplished something instead of just cheesing the dribbling until you went around him.

There's room for improvement but this year's installment of doomsday rhetoric regarding the broken movement system is completely overblown. It's not "worse than ever", it's different but it's clear they took time to look at it and that's important. Try it out, if you don't like it, you can refund the game and go back to what you like. But don't let this thread or anyone discourage you from upgrading, it's not just 2k19.5. I won't engage but people asked via PM if there was a different opinion of it other than broken movement so there's my opinion. Good luck and enjoy 2k20!

If you like the improved gameplay, you are in the majority!

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments ... um=ios_app
Last edited by bluejaybrandon on Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:16 am

All of those critiques in the video are legit, you are mouthing off again with no substance.

Me scoring 80% of the time on Lillard with ANYBODY for an entire quarter is unrealistic and shouldnt be allowed. I can blowout the CPU on the hardest level every single time I play the Blazers doing this, and shoot 80% running the same ISO over, and over again. That is not sim, that is not realistic, the one on one defense and the help defense on those drives are not realistic. No arguement exists for me to be able to just RUN BY another player at my same position, score at an over 80% clip, and just run by him without ANY MOVES or strategy. That is literally NOT REALISTIC. I CANT have the same success rate on Beverley, I have already tried it. That doesnt mean that I should have tbat success rate on all the other guards in the league that are even average defensively. THINK ABOUT THAT. Non elite Defensive guards (which is the MAJORITY of the now NBA), I can just run by and score at an incredibly high clip? That is NOT realistic

The help side defense on the hardest level is incredibly poor. I just drove by Rozier with Lowry and went 7 for 9 on just ISOs. While they attempted to double team after the 4th make, it was still just as easy to go baseline and score at the hoop.

They DID factor in strength, and the top defenders. But that doesnt mean they did it RIGHT and its accurate. In no way should I be able to ISO on anybody in the NBA all game and score at will. It doesnt work that way. And I'm not even doing moves, I'm just running by them.

The player movement issues impact the users experience on the sticks. Sucked into other players constantly? Outcomes and results are altered. Skating into spots that you didnt move to, or being slid backwards when you didnt Intend to? That impacts outcomes and results, catching and not being able to change direction or accelerate the way you should be able to? This impacts outcomes and results. Speed breaking on drives and on the break which allows the CPU to easily catch up and not allow you to get to your destination the way you would in real time? Directly impacts results and outcomes.

Absolutely nothing you have said in this thread changes anything of the issues mentioned in the video (and that didnt cover passing/catching delays caused by heavy animations), etc.

Think about this. All the insults you have lobbed at me, you have literally not changed ANYTHING that I said in that vide, none of it. You are coming at me for providing video feedback that is TRUE about the game.

1. Skating/Floating is constant
2. Being sucked into other players
3. Speed/acceleration issues/breaking
4. Ball transferring hands on dribbles
5. Clunky change of direction
6. Blow bys being overpowered and unrealistic with certain players

Etc.

Those things are all happening in the game. All of them. You are just talking complete nonsense.

I WANT 2K to be great, I WANT to move on to 2K20 so I can create my rosters, and have a new experience. I WANT to display a game that I love on my youtube channel so other people can enjoy the gameplay and enjoy the experience. My youtube channel is literally 90% NBA 2K videos, my brothers and I are about the play a solid 5 or 6 hours of it today. You think I am critiquing out of spite or because I want to crap on the game? Think about it.

Nothing I have done or said is wrong here. You are out of line with all of this. The blow by issues with certain players is ONE of the issues, not even the biggest issue. It's all the player movement issues that impact feel, fun, results and authenticity. THOSE are the biggest problems.

The blow by issues isnt even as close to as bad as 2K18. In 2K18 you could run by ANYBODY at ANY position. I scored 67 pts in a game and blew out the CPU on HOF on 2K18 with straight line drives by Hassan Whiteside. 2K20 is A LOT better than that in regards to the blow by issues.

That doesn't mean they dont exist and are overpowering with certain players that cause unrealistic results.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:13 am

This is what I am talking about.

1. Is Lowry stronger than Rozier, YES
2. In ISO could he bully Rozier? PROBABLY
3. Should I be able to do this to Rozier all game at a 70% plus clip without the defense truly adjusting? NO!

I go 7 for 9 to start the game, the two misses are because I released the layup wrong, and I got to the hoop with ease. I could easily have been 9 for 9 starting the game.

phpBB [video]

Doing this to the average defenders in the league, with that much ease, and help not truly adjusting or impacting the percentages, should not be allowed. If I were using the Raptors for a season, and any time I play the Hornets, you are telling me that it is OKAY for me to be able to just ISO from the baseline all game with Lowry and have a game ending FG% around 70%?

You CANT do this on Patrick Beverley. You CAN do this on average defending guards. Which is NOT realistic.

Is the blow by issue in this game as bad as 2K18? NO. Is it gamebreaking on it's own? NO. Is it an actual issue at times? YES!. That is the point here. It is feedback that SHOULD get out, because it can be better. Player movement can be better. Like one of the guys (Who is the man and a member on here who mods) stated on my video in the comment section, it's issues like the ones i showed in my video related to player movement that has him not moving on to the newer games.

I am not the only one talking about these issues. Other people are frustrated with the player movement as well. This isn't isolated to JUST ME.

The issues are REAL to many, many people. Some voice it, some don't. Some like the movement, some don't. That doesn't mean that those who don't like it, and can explain or demonstrate why, shouldn't voice it.

And that video is unlisted, I didn't share it with the public. The dislike does nothing, and dislikes on the other videos does nothing regardless.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Issy on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:55 am

Thanks for your video Dee4Three.

I will just add this : https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments ... very_year/
The animations are so unrealistic during the contacts. As if the opposing player was a wall.
Issy

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:56 am

Issy wrote:Thanks for your video Dee4Three.

I will just add this : https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments ... very_year/
The animations are so unrealistic during the contacts. As if the opposing player was a wall.

You're welcome.

100%, and part of the Collison system is the sucking in I talk about. Thanks for sharing.

It impacts the feel, flow and realism. It hurts intent, outcomes and results.

2K20 has player movement and Collison issues. And, they should be voiced and addressed. That short video shows how players get stuck on other players while trying to make cuts, or simply just move around.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bongo88 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:06 am

Dee4Three wrote: I can blowout the CPU on the hardest level every single time I play the Blazers doing this, and shoot 80% running the same ISO over, and over again. That is not sim, that is not realistic, the one on one defense and the help defense on those drives are not realistic.

you are definitley correct! not realistic! I ask you, When did an nba team run ISO over and over and over last year?
Golly, call the nba coaches --- snyder, pops, rivers, nurse .... tell them the secret is ISO ISO ISO ... and they can blowout the opponent every time.

The title of your Rozier video should be : 2k Broken Play Exploit!!!! Blow out CPU every game!!!! 100 Points Easy Cheese!! you are simply highlighting a broken play that is not run anymore in the nba.
I mean, look at this formation.... both the offense set up and the defense set up. It is archaic.

When did a team run this play last year? when did a team run this defense last year? You are using current teams, yet not run simulation basketball.... but you call ISO ISO ISO.... when did any NBA team last year can ISO ISO ISO with the "Quick Isolation" offense setup and defense set up. that is not simulation basketball, your gameplan of calling ISO ISO ISO. your gameplan is not realistic.

You have a disturbing obsession with this particular play.

If you care about simulation basketball, why do you execute plays that the team did not run last year... and you do not execute plays/sets that these teams do run?

i find this thread amusing.
bongo88

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:22 am

The point is: it CAN be done. And, if I need baskets against those defenders, I can just DO IT and win.

It's not realistic being able to do it that easy, it's an issue with the one on one defense and the help defense.

And that is literally only like 1 minute of the 15 minute video.

The Lowry and Kemba videos show an exploit that you can do against average defenders in the game, that you can just ran by them and and score at an incredibly high rate (unrealistic rate). Why would I play a season trying my hardest against the CPU (trying to win), and not ISO and drive for easy layups against average point guards constantly in order to win?

So do I fake sim and pass out of the corner even though I know I can just run to the hoop? Is that really sim? ISOs are run in the NBA today, An ISO isnt a broken play at all! It's not used as much as it used to be. But it IS used. The fact that it's in the game as an option, and you can use it to score constantly if you please on average defenders, is AN ISSUE.

Again, that is like 1 minute of the whole video. But it IS an issue. You argued with me about this constantly for 2K18, no matter how many videos I showed. And Mike Wang admitted before 2K19 was released that blow bys were a big problem they were trying to fix.

It's not as bad this year as 2K18, but it IS exploitable. And this thread is amusing? This was created by andrew to show that skating was still in the game. Which it is, and that branched off into other player movement issues, and you find that amusing? A couple people thanked me for the video, and others have said that these are real issues the game that impact them. That's pretty disrespectful to those people who appreciated the video and who affected by these issues

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bongo88 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:08 am

Dee4Three wrote:The point is: it CAN be done.

You are right! it can be done !

Stockton vs Jordan -1996

looks pretty realistic to me! i guess Jordan is just an "average" defender.
Perhaps you are just seriously underestimating how difficult it is to guard an elite wing player. But, of course not, you know everything about the dribble drive at the NBA level.
p.s. I just loved the first 7 words of your post!

p.p.s. *spoiler alert* Stockton wasn't the quickest perimeter guard ... *spoiler alert*
have a good day
bongo88

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:13 am

I didnt say it COULDNT be done, I said it cant be done in real life scoring over 70-80% of the time on ISOs, using it over and over and over again!frequency matters!

The "it can be done" is OBVIOUSLY in reference to the frequency in which I was doing it in those videos, and how you can do it over and over and over again against average defenders. The fact that that CAN BE DONE is an issue.

How do you not pick up on that fact reading this thread? I literally am talking about how often I can do it and the percentages doing it, how did you not pick up on that?

The fact that the help defense doesnt react or stop it even when it's done over and over again, and that I can just run by with no move and keep scoring over and over again, frequency and how the defense plays it in general via volume MATTERS. Those videos are on the hardest level, and the defense is not in any way realistic at all.

Not once did I say blow bys didnt happen in real life, not once! I said that the FREQUENCY of it, how often it can be done to the majority of guards/forwards in the league, and how the help defense doesnt react realistically, Is AN ISSUE.

That hasnt changed!

The blow by issue is literally not even the biggest focus of the video, or the biggest issue in the game. It's the other player movement issues that were highlighted. But, the blow by frequency on average defenders is HIGHER than it should be and could be curved or tweaked. Wang said before the release:

"Blow by frequency is much different in the final game than it was at Community Day, and even the demo. I'm happy with where it is right now, but it's easy to tweak if the community feels like there are too many or too few once you all get in the lab."

That's because on community day people saw that it was easily exploitable. He asks for feedback either way if people think that its overpowering, or vice versa. THIS IS THAT FEEDBACK. This is why we give feedback.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bongo88 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:07 pm

You are missing the point.
How often is this set run in the NBA last year?

You complain about the Frequency of the blow by.
so i ask you, how often did the nba run this set?

I haven't seen this set at all last year.... in the many NBA games that i've watched.

How can you talk about the Frequency of this set if there is NO Sample Size?
Dee4Three wrote:I didnt say it COULDNT be done, I said it cant be done in real life scoring over 70-80% of the time on ISOs, using it over and over and over again!frequency matters!
The "it can be done" is OBVIOUSLY in reference to the frequency in which I was doing it in those videos, and how you can do it over and over and over again against average defenders. The fact that that CAN BE DONE is an issue.....
...... I literally am talking about how often I can do it and the percentages doing it, how did you not pick up on that?

How can YOU extrapolate a sample size of zero to show percentages of what elite NBA Athletic gaurds can do on an 1 vs 1 ISO? How can you know the frequency of them scoring if Nobody is running the set? What sample size do you have to defend this?

You picked a broken play that isn't run by anybody in the NBA last year? or can you find an instance of a team running this set? or mutliple instances?

Why are you using a ISO play, that nobody runs, as a base for your argument?

Here are some full games from last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCDZ2RIjOlU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pezi5QbUPgs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4hWMlPsED4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA982Ua8ElY

find a set that those teams run.... then show us how 2k20 breaks that offensive set. If you want to make a good NBA / NBA2k20 comparison video.
bongo88

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:22 pm

I watched A TON of NBA last year. A ton.

Harden, LeBron, George, Westbrook, Mitchell, Kyrie, Kemba, Curry, etc absolutely have sides cleared for them at times. Or iso from the top the key. ISOs do happen still, players do call their own number. Going one on one with players still happens, that's a fact

And, the ability to do this isnt JUST ON ISOS ON BASELINES. This means you can just run by them constantly anywhere on the floor. If I am on the top elbow extended, or at the top of the key, I can still.just run by them, that doesn't change just because im not on the baseline.

If they could score at a 70% to 80% clip doing it in real life, teams WOULD. So of course you dont see it done with that frequency in the real NBA, because they CANT DO IT. That's the point! If a coach was told that Lowry could ISO and score 80% of the time driving on Rozier and help wouldnt adjust, the coach would put Lowry in ISOs constantly.

But they CANT DO IT. That's what makes it unrealistic and an issue. I CAN do it in the video game, and win easily doing it.

How are you even arguing this? your point makes no sense, in fact you dont even have a point. Teams would do it IF THEY COULD AND IT WORKED LIKE THAT.

So it's an exploit and an issue that should be addressed. If you play SIM, you shouldnt have to FAKE IT. If you pass the ball when you are ISOd on someone you can score on at an 80% clip, and take a harder shot just because you wanted to fake realism. You didnt REALLY LOSE, you just faked sim and compromised the competitive integrity.

This was curved for 2K19, notice I didnt talk about it for 2K19, I said they curved it and it was much better. And it's better this year than 2K18, but it took a step back from last year.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bongo88 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:02 pm

Dee4Three wrote:I watched A TON of NBA last year. A ton.

Harden, LeBron, George, Westbrook, Mitchell, Kyrie, Kemba, Curry, etc absolutely have sides cleared for them at times.

So all those teams ran this set for those players last year! Great! Dig up some footage. You made the claim. the burden of proof is on you.

Dee4Three wrote:So it's an exploit and an issue that should be addressed.

I don't remember you calling it an exploit. Why are you passing off exploits as a correct representation of NBA? I am done with you.

bongo88 wrote:
Here are some full games from last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCDZ2RIjOlU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pezi5QbUPgs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4hWMlPsED4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA982Ua8ElY

find a set that those teams run.... then show us how 2k20 breaks that offensive set. If you want to make a good NBA / NBA2k20 comparison video.
bongo88

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:12 pm

You made no points Bongo that refute the issue. It's an issue AND an exploit. Exploits in themselves are issues, and this ISSUE impacts gameplay, decision making, etc with your ability to just run by average defenders basically anywhere on the floor. It's not JUST THE BASELINE.

Keep bringing up the ISO baseline play, and ignoring that you can run by them anywhere on the floor

Keep bringing up teams calling ISO baseline specifically, but ignoring that in the game you can run by them anywhere on the floor, whether an ISO is called or not.

Keep saying that teams dont call ISOs anymore, even though at times they absolutely do, and players still call their own number a lot (christ, several of the top players do this constantly: Harden, Westbrook, James, George, etc)

Keep ignoring the fact that if teams in real life could do this and score at a 70-80% clip, that they would do it all the time, so the point about them not doing it at that frequency in real life, but being able to do it so easily in the game, is proving my point about it being an actual issue.

The ability to do this in the game is an issue, the way I demonstrate it on the videos is an issue. You have literally not changed ANY of that.

It's why Mike Wang acknowledged it was an ISSUE in 2K18, and acknowledged that it was an ISSUE on 2K20 with the community day presentation.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TRIIIAD on Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:53 am

I really doubt they will improve or tweak anything significantly at this point. The gameplay issues from 2k19 have gotten worse if anything, and I think it's because they are focusing on developing the next-gen 2K. The same thing happened in last gen 2k13/14 where they basically just updated rosters with little to no gameplay improvements. It's clear that 2K20 is all about maximizing profits with minimal investment. But I do hope someone at 2K is reading all of our complaints and that's being taken into account when developing the next-gen engine.
TRIIIAD

Postby Stildo33 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:02 am

#fixnba2k20 has been the #2 item on twitter all day. Go look at what's being posted. What I feared with NBA 2k20 happened: They regressed. NBA 2k19, I thought, was an amazing game. Still some issues like all of them, but I feel like we are playing a BETA version for all the points that have been made so far.

I LIKE the game. I could keep playing myleague on it. The graphics, badges, and rookies are nice. Since I have an option to play 2k19 and so much more content I will just go back there.
Stildo33

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:24 am

I agree TRIAD that the player movement issues probably wont receive a fix for 2K20, but I find that the feedback is still valuable, as it could impact future releases in a positive way.

And Stildo, I saw that trending on Twitter as well.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:12 am

Arguments and members on both sides are the same than for 2K18.
For me, on 2K18, help defense and (duce')sliders fixed this ISO/blow-by issue, and then the gameplay was pretty good ; yeah, 2K18.

I dont think 2K20 issue makes the game easier than 2K18 ; so i guess for those who want to play 2K20, it can be fixed on the same manner.

I already hear that we shouldnt have to fix the game. Yes, but we want to play the new game, so if 2K is too lazy, there's still a way.
And seriously, who plays vs CPU with default sliders ?
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:21 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Arguments and members on both sides are the same than for 2K18.
For me, on 2K18, help defense and (duce's)liders fixed this ISO/blow-by issue, and then the gameplay was pretty good ; yeah, 2K18.

I dont think 2K20 issue makes the game easier than 2K18 ; so i guess for those who want to play 2K20, it can be fixed on the same manner.

I already hear that we shouldnt have to fix the game. Yes, but we want to play the new game, so if 2K is too lazy, there's still a way.
And seriously, who plays vs CPU with default sliders ?

I mess with sliders every year, heavily. On the 2K18 thread, we tried defensive sliders at 100 acrossed the board, so did you. You were part of that entire thing with me posting videos. You even accidently got sliders up over 100 because you found a glitch on how to do so. With all defensive sliders at 100, I scored over 70 points with Hassan Whiteside on just straight line drives and shot almost 70% doing it

Default sliders are used by A LOT of people. The few people I work with that play it literally just put it on a level they want and play, or just keep it on pro. Not everybody is hardcore with customization, a great portion like to just pick up and play.

The blow by issue that exists isnt even close to as bad as 2K18, and it's not gamebreaking. But regardless its still an issue that can be exploited. That is also only like a minute of the 15 minute video highlighting player movement issues that hurt the game and experience. That was just one thing I noticed while I was testing to game with multiple teams via 5 on 5 gameplay.

2K20 is far from perfect, which is why it is OKAY to call out issues when they come up. Like the skating, speed/acceleration breaks, players floating above the court, getting sucked into eachother, clunky change of direction, animation delays in passing/catching (which other people are complaining about on another thread here) etc

Its valuable feedback to get out to people and the devs, in hopes they may patch the issues or fix them for future installments. For the people having those issues and who are frustrated by them, it would help them out and wouldn't be a detriment to the rest of the product.

That video I made is not misleading, it's literally showing issues with the game. Many have appreciated the video, and agreed with the video. I am not the only one having these issues, the video was entirely appropriate for feedback.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:57 am

Dee4Three wrote:I mess with sliders every year, heavily. On the 2K18 thread, we tried defensive sliders at 100 acrossed the board, so did you. You were part of that entire thing with me posting videos. You even accidently got sliders up over 100 because you found a glitch on how to do so. With all defensive sliders at 100, I scored over 70 points with Hassan Whiteside on just straight line drives and shot almost 70% doing it

Yeah, but USER/CPU sliders had the same values in my set.
With this set, i'm pretty sure you wont.
Yes, this set isnt parallel on USER and CPU sides, but the result is good.

Dee4Three wrote:Default sliders are used by A LOT of people. The few people I work with that play it literally just put it on a level they want and play, or just keep it on pro. Not everybody is hardcore with customization, a great portion like to just pick up and play.

Yeah, but the same people wont complain about blowby, and sliding/skating that you can really see on replay.

My biggest issue with 2K20 at this point is contact while dribbling, my player then mostly lost the ball and is stuck in slow and multiples animations.
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:50 am

The blow bys were a big issue for the 2k league in 2K18, and in general, which is why Wang said pre release of 2K19 that blow by defense fix was a priority.

Skating as shown in my video is seen and felt during regular gameplay and on replay, it impacts speeds, where your player is placed on the floor (placing you away from where you intend to be) etc (which is what Andrew mentioned earlier), it literally can impact outcomes, results, etc.

Just like being sucking into other players constantly, it impacts results, outcomes, flow, feel, authenticity, etc. And it can be seen and felt during regular gameplay. The whole reason these issues are even replayed or identified is because they are felt during regular gameplay.

Speed breaking going to the hoop or in general impact how fast you get to your destination, how the defense is able to catch up, etc. It literally can impact whether you get a good look or not, or score, or are contested heavily or free at the hoop,etc etc. It has a direct impact on results and outcomes, and can be felt and seen during regular gameplay like I show in the video.

Delayed passing and catching and input lag, and heavy animations in general can be felt during regular gameplay constantly, and has a direct impact on flow, feel, results and outcomes.

People complained about the blow bys, that's why it got nerfed for 2K19. Nothing in my video is incorrect, that feedback is appropriate and I hope it gets seen by the right people and that some of the issues can be curved or fixed in future releases.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20