bluejaybrandon- Real 2019 Draft Released!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: bluejaybrandon- 2019 Draft Class Release Date

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:33 am

cardo wrote:Say word. Thank you for your hard work. I know all about the challenges of preparing for the bar. It's impressive that you had any extra time to complete a detailed project of this magnitude. Good lookin'!

For real? Did you pass the first time? Still about a month away from results so I’ve been sweating it. Would hate to retake it in February.
bluejaybrandon

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:34 am

Rimbaud82 wrote:Unreal mate, cant wait. Thanks for all your hard work, too many entitled people on here yapping at you so appreciate you continuing with the project and not just packing it in. Very impressive, and all the more so with all the other stuff in your life. (Y)

I appreciate it. I’m happy to do it and there was more support than backlash so I thank you and others for that.

zondac12 wrote:blue, a lawyer? :mrgreen: great job bro :D

Not yet but that’s the dream. Thanks for all your support man, I appreciate it.

wtferrell wrote:Awesome to hear. Looking forward to it bluejay.

Thanks man, I’m happy to finally have it off my chest and I hope it delivers on expectations.
bluejaybrandon

Postby cardo on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:48 am

No, not me Brandon. I've had enough experience with lawyers to know that it's not my cup of tea (no offense). My best friend, sister in-law and father in-law are all lawyers. I run a record label and have been an artist/executive for almost the last 20 years; hence, the music refence in a previous post. Good luck with the bar exam. What type of law?
cardo

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:55 pm

cardo wrote:No, not me Brandon. I've had enough experience with lawyers to know that it's not my cup of tea (no offense). My best friend, sister in-law and father in-law are all lawyers. I run a record label and have been an artist/executive for almost the last 20 years; hence, the music refence in a previous post. Good luck with the bar exam. What type of law?

Wow surrounded by lawyers, no wonder you knew to avoid it! I’ll be working state government for the time being but might transition to private practice if plans change.

Your record label/executive position sounds extremely official. Do you work with local acts or is it bigger than that? I’ve heard the music industry is difficult to break into.
bluejaybrandon

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Hahaha ole blue for the next season of suits hahaha awesome work getting the project complete and major probs getting it done while studying for the bar aswell
If you enjoy my Mods please follow my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/monkeymanmods/
If you’d like to support me and my mods please donate here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
https://www.youtube.com/user/MonkeymanJSV
MonkeymanJSV

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 pm

MonkeymanJSV wrote:Hahaha ole blue for the next season of suits hahaha awesome work getting the project complete and major probs getting it done while studying for the bar aswell

Thanks man! And thanks for all your help! Your faces are always top notch!
bluejaybrandon

Postby cardo on Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:24 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
cardo wrote:No, not me Brandon. I've had enough experience with lawyers to know that it's not my cup of tea (no offense). My best friend, sister in-law and father in-law are all lawyers. I run a record label and have been an artist/executive for almost the last 20 years; hence, the music refence in a previous post. Good luck with the bar exam. What type of law?

Wow surrounded by lawyers, no wonder you knew to avoid it! I’ll be working state government for the time being but might transition to private practice if plans change.

Your record label/executive position sounds extremely official. Do you work with local acts or is it bigger than that? I’ve heard the music industry is difficult to break into.

I work with local, national and international acts. The music industry is much easier to get into now than it was when I got signed 20 some odd years ago. More platforms, broader distribution means for independent acts and also more publicists that work with independent acts. It still remains a bit challenging to garner the attention of major labels but far easier to make waves as an indie artist.
cardo

Postby stache9835 on Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:12 am

Would your draft class also include portraits for the rookies? Thanks anyways if it doesn't.
stache9835

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:28 am

stache9835 wrote:Would your draft class also include portraits for the rookies? Thanks anyways if it doesn't.

It includes it for some. Mostly hit or miss depending on who had good portraits. You’ll have the college portraits so it’s more compatible as a draft class. The roster files will include NBA portraits for rookies.
bluejaybrandon

Postby stache9835 on Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:34 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
stache9835 wrote:Would your draft class also include portraits for the rookies? Thanks anyways if it doesn't.

It includes it for some. Mostly hit or miss depending on who had good portraits. You’ll have the college portraits so it’s more compatible as a draft class. The roster files will include NBA portraits for rookies.

Is it okay if I make some portraits that is compatible to your draft class face IDs for release in case others want to use them? I was just going to use some of NBA's headshots they have for rookies and some other outside resources
stache9835

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:59 am

stache9835 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

Is it okay if I make some portraits that is compatible to your draft class face IDs for release in case others want to use them? I was just going to use some of NBA's headshots they have for rookies and some other outside resources

Not a problem at all. You can post them here or start your own thread if you prefer. Once I release the project, it’s free for the community to run with. I look forward to whatever improvements you can provide.

I’ll release an excel sheet with the IDs so people can use their own faces if they prefer others work.
bluejaybrandon

Postby mrk326 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:19 pm

Looking forward to this project's release, great job!
ACCEPTING DONATIONS
DONATE
mrk326

Postby Dragan7 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:42 am

Ehi mate! And what about the players' contracts in your rosters? Will they be updated for the 19-20 season? It would be so important for a MyLeague mod, trying to rebuild some team. Thanks for your huge work! (Y)
Dragan7

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:26 am

Dragan7 wrote:Ehi mate! And what about the players' contracts in your rosters? Will they be updated for the 19-20 season? It would be so important for a MyLeague mod, trying to rebuild some team. Thanks for your huge work! (Y)

Gonna try like hell. That’s the last piece to be done but it’s also the most tedious.
bluejaybrandon

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:19 pm

so basically with your roster the myleague will start from the 19/20 season with all accurate last year stats and new contracts? unreal project, screw 2020 i ain't even playing that shit, this will be better :lol: :lol:
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:06 pm

PettyPaulPierce wrote:so basically with your roster the myleague will start from the 19/20 season with all accurate last year stats and new contracts? unreal project, screw 2020 i ain't even playing that shit, this will be better :lol: :lol:

That’s the plan. I’ve got about 15 teams fully updated, including added cyberfaces, tattoos, and portraits. It includes lots of guys 2k neglected and many 2-way players. I’m going to hopefully work on the latter half this week. Draft class for sure is out this weekend, roster may be pushing it.
bluejaybrandon

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:17 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
PettyPaulPierce wrote:so basically with your roster the myleague will start from the 19/20 season with all accurate last year stats and new contracts? unreal project, screw 2020 i ain't even playing that shit, this will be better :lol: :lol:

That’s the plan. I’ve got about 15 teams fully updated, including added cyberfaces, tattoos, and portraits. It includes lots of guys 2k neglected and many 2-way players. I’m going to hopefully work on the latter half this week. Draft class for sure is out this weekend, roster may be pushing it.

awesome dude, i don't even care when you release, this will keep me happy till next gen 2k, :bowdown:
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby Rosque on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:09 pm

hey man, good luck with the law! this project is :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:
might actually deter me from buying 2k20 and just keep playing 2k19.
Rosque

Postby SWB_94 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:38 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:

Waiting as a child !!. Thanks a lot for this job men, It was done with a lot of love. Any news about the release date?. Thanks.
SWB_94

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:34 am

SWB_94 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

Waiting as a child !!. Thanks a lot for this job men, It was done with a lot of love. Any news about the release date?. Thanks.

Ideally tomorrow afternoon. Four sets of tattoos left.
bluejaybrandon

Postby brodie_00 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:21 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
SWB_94 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

Ideally tomorrow afternoon. Four sets of tattoos left.

I'm excited for the updated roster!!!
brodie_00

Re: bluejaybrandon- 2019 Draft Soft Release

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:17 am

Draft Class is live now via 2kshare!

Name: Real 2019 Draft

User: bluejaybrandon

I'll be uploading the cyberface and portrait pack either later tonight or tomorrow. But now, people can import the class into their MyLeagues. I may amend it to add a few prospects later.
bluejaybrandon

Postby cardo on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:12 am

Thank you, Brandon! Clearly a lot of hard work.

Is there a science to your rating system? It's pretty far off base from 2k's 2k20 rookie ratings, and generally far lower (for most players) than your average rookie class. Then you gave players like Louis King (undrafted) ratings as high as some first rounders (if I'm not mistaken). Ratings are obviously subjective but these seem a bit skewed.

Really was hoping for a release of the cyberfaces today and I'm still holding out hope for a release this evening. There's some pretty awesome second rounders and undrafted free agents who haven't been released otherwise.

Thanks again!
cardo

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:32 am

cardo wrote:Thank you, Brandon! Clearly a lot of hard work.

Is there a science to your rating system? It's pretty far off base from 2k's 2k20 rookie ratings, and generally far lower (for most players) than your average rookie class. Then you gave players like Louis King (undrafted) ratings as high as some first rounders (if I'm not mistaken). Ratings are obviously subjective but these seem a bit skewed.

Really was hoping for a release of the cyberfaces today and I'm still holding out hope for a release this evening. There's some pretty awesome second rounders and undrafted free agents who haven't been released otherwise.

Thanks again!

Ratings are lower than 2k because the thought it is that you’ll be drafting the players then advancing. They’ll receive an in-game bump between years of about 1 or 2 points on average. I also think 2ks ratings are questionable. My ratings are based off of a combination of mock drafts. Louis King was often mocked in the lottery at the start of the year. In my roster he is adjusted to account for being an undrafted two-way player. But the draft class is different by keeping him relatively high, it will reflect the mocks throughout the season in your MyLeague mocks. Also some players have higher overalls based off of “intangibles” rating boost, but their actual attributes reflect a lower overall. Kinda like a “gem/bust” system. And quite frankly some of it is my own personal bias from watching tape.

If you feel they aren’t reflective of how you want your MyLeague draft to progress, by all means mix them around. I’m just trying to give the pieces, you are all free to switch it around how you see fit.
bluejaybrandon

Postby cardo on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:48 am

I see...

It's okay - I'm actually not using your ratings for My League. I watch a ton of tape and read about every scouting report and mock draft there is (was). I've constructed my own ratings system - so I started the 19-20 season months ago w my own draft class. I was just interested to see if there was a particular formula applied.

Very detailed work on your end, though. The signatures and tendencies look good.
cardo

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding