bluejaybrandon- Real 2019 Draft Released!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: bluejaybrandon- NBA Rookies

Postby Speedofli9ht on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:41 am

Multi wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
Multi wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
sarella wrote:I belive it's fair to say that "Good enough, but can be better" fits here well. Most people are fine with good enough. But for some, it aint. If you can do better, do it.

I have been waiting on this mod for ages (even tho I don't really post here anymore) I have my MyLeague on pause at offseason to get this draft class in it. And for example, I'm fine with it. At the end of the day, it's better to get a "product" that is great not just fine.

I really appreciate this sentiment man. Thanks.

Or both... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ No reason as to why the people who are fine with "good enough" can't get "good enough" while the people who want to wait for the complete product that is "great" are allowed do that. There never needed to be any arguing or "sides" to be taken, we just needed to be mature about this situation and realize we're all just playing a video game at the end of the day. Releasing an unfinished project to random people on the internet will not affect your finished project being played by you and your friends at all, which all of this is really about, you said yourself.

You’re looking at it from the wrong way man. It’s not about those who want it “good enough”. It’s about me releasing an unfinished product and I’m not gonna do that. It’s about the principle of it, I don’t want my name and the names of the guys that’s worked hard on this to be tied to an incomplete project.

Also, please don’t get it twisted. I’ve said it before, the motivation for doing the draft class begins because I want to use it. I’m not creating it for a profit or attention or something. But it’s not “only about being played by me and my friends”. I understand people are interested and I’ll release the project here, in time.

Thanks to everyone for staying rational about this and conversing like adults. There’s been great discussion.

Obviously YOU'RE the one looking at it from the wrong way man. Geez man it would only matter if you stopped working after releasing the unfinished version, but you're not! No one's asking you to just completely forget about the prospects you missed and just release it cause its good enough, we're asking you release a mock draft "version" of your draft because a lot of us anticipated the release on draft night like you led us to believe but it didn't happen. Only the people "complaining" about the release date are going to be downloading the mock draft version you don't approve of or isn't good enough for you but all these other followers of yours defending will wait till your full release. Also I haven't been around this forum very long but from what I can tell you have been toxic, you respond with love and joy to the comments that defend you and compliment you but as soon as you get any sort of criticism or push back you immediately argue back instead of reasoning with one another. Honestly I'm only still replying because you've only argued and haven't given justification to many of my points. It literally does not affect you in ANY WAY to click save and share instead of just save, there is no principle to be spoiled because it's literally just part of the process when coming out with a full product. People release progression versions, just as Shuajota's going to.

It's clear that bluejay doesn't want to put out his project until it is complete which I can respect. Whining and complaining won't change his opinion. If you have this much time on your hands, maybe try to learn how to make cyberfaces like I'm doing, so when 2k20 comes out, ya'll can make your own cyberfaces and get it released whenever you want.
Speedofli9ht

Postby cardo on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:55 am

The horse is dead, people - leave it be. The fact that Brandon has to defend his points to this extent is a bit ridiculous. It's his work - pressuring him to release it when he isn't ready, isn't cool. He shouldn't have to state it so many times, in so many words. I understand the anticipation but let's please keep things in perspective.
cardo

Postby tomortlieb on Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:10 am

Agreed - He has been consistent throughout - it is what it is at this point. I think we all agree the work will be great once it is released. Brandon - Thanks for the time, effort and thought put into the draft class!
tomortlieb

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:04 am

So I wanted to update people. Thanks to the wonderfully talented mrk326, we have only 3 faces left before release. The bad news is there is very little in the way of reference photos for these players. I did want to show off his work so you can see the level of quality. Below are the two major draft and stash candidates from this year. They will be included in both the draft class and the roster.

Marcos Louzada Silva:

Deividas Sirvydis:

I’m working hard on this in my free time, which is admittedly small due to prepping for the Bar Exam. I’ll keep you posted when there’s a release date nearing.
bluejaybrandon

Postby jtc324 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:16 am

Who are the 3 guys maybe the community can help out in finding some good ones
jtc324

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:46 am

jtc324 wrote:Who are the 3 guys maybe the community can help out in finding some good ones

Justin Wright-Foreman

Jarell Brantley

Justin James

Need head on, high quality photos with ideally no smiling.
bluejaybrandon

Postby stache9835 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:32 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
jtc324 wrote:Who are the 3 guys maybe the community can help out in finding some good ones

Justin Wright-Foreman

Jarell Brantley

Justin James

Need head on, high quality photos with ideally no smiling.

I hope some of these reference photos will help; it was hard to find some with default faces.

Justin Wright-Foreman

Jarell Brantley

Justin James
stache9835

Postby Yandes on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:16 pm

Projet de class 2019
Class draft realist + signature move 100% (+100 players)
user name is :
Romanov

Real Draftexpress 2019 ESPN
Yandes

Postby stache9835 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:19 pm

Yandes wrote:Projet de class 2019
Class draft realist + signature move 100% (+100 players)
user name is :
Romanov

Real Draftexpress 2019 ESPN

Don't be advertising your draft class on other people's threads. Jesus Christ :roll:
stache9835

Postby Yandes on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:45 pm

Sorry, it's just to help.
This is not for advertising or anything :cry:
Yandes

Re: bluejaybrandon- 2019 Draft Class: Progress Update

Postby Gideon Prime on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:06 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Aston2K wrote:OMG THAT'S SO GOOOOOOD **

Thanks so much to you for working on this amazing project :bowdown2: I really can't wait to try it in MyLeague ^^

(In my opinion, Kevin Porter Jr. and Jontay Porter could be a bit better, but its propably a problem from the refs pics :o)

Reworked Kevin Porter Jr. Hopefully, its a bit improved.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

WOW
Feeling Generous Towards Me Consider Donating Here https://cash.app/$LazarusPrime
Follow Me on Twitter @GideonPrime
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXXSK_3OXMuzEWx2IybCMzQ?view_as=subscriber
Gideon Prime

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Just testing a few of the new additions so that they play correctly (jumpshot, tendencies, etc.)

Special thanks to mrk326 for the faces and Aston2k for the jumpshot fix!

Jordan Bone (Pistons, Round:2, Pick:27) v. Marial Shayok (Sixers, Round:2, Pick:24)

bluejaybrandon

Postby Kevuz on Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Hey guys, just registered on the forum, all because of this beautiful project of bluejay. Thank you for the effort man, cannot wait for it to be finalized ! I know people are bothering you with the release date, i understand you want it to be perfect before putting it online, just to ask if you do you have any idea when to expect it ? Also, on which platforms can it be imported ? :bowdown2: :bowdown:

Thank you again man ! Cheers !
Kevuz

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:26 am

Kevuz wrote:Hey guys, just registered on the forum, all because of this beautiful project of bluejay. Thank you for the effort man, cannot wait for it to be finalized ! I know people are bothering you with the release date, i understand you want it to be perfect before putting it online, just to ask if you do you have any idea when to expect it ? Also, on which platforms can it be imported ? :bowdown2: :bowdown:

Thank you again man ! Cheers !

It is PC only. Mods can’t be cross platform unfortunately.
bluejaybrandon

Postby IlCapitano on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:03 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Just testing a few of the new additions so that they play correctly (jumpshot, tendencies, etc.)

Jordan Bone (Pistons, Round:2, Pick:27) v. Marial Shayok (Sixers, Round:2, Pick:24)

[ Image ]

So can we expect a release today or tomorrow?
IlCapitano

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:09 am

IlCapitano wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:Just testing a few of the new additions so that they play correctly (jumpshot, tendencies, etc.)

[ Image ]

So can we expect a release today or tomorrow?

Negative. Still 4 players to get in.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Aston on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:19 am

[ Image ]

Great job again :)
Aston
Culture.

Postby Juri_B_Sports_YT on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:38 am

Great job, when you release these, will you automatically have the correct ID's to match the Shuajuto's roster
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Be Great and Never Hate! (Y) :D :)
Juri_B_Sports_YT

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:53 am

SHDX3 wrote:Great job, when you release these, will you automatically have the correct ID's to match the Shuajuto's roster

No sir. My rookies will be compatible with my 2k19.5 roster. Ideally, it’ll hold over those of us who are unlikely to transition to 2k20.

I’m currently working on it in conjunction with the remaining rookies. It will have similar accuracy to the draft class regarding attributes, signatures, and tendencies. It also has the Raptors as the 2018-19 champs. It also includes over 100 tattoo updates I’ve done over the past year plus sean barkley’s shoe updates. Unfortunately, that means it won’t be compatible with Shuajota’s project as I started this before his release. I’ll try to keep it close going forward though for those of you who use that.
bluejaybrandon

Postby IlCapitano on Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:09 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
SHDX3 wrote:Great job, when you release these, will you automatically have the correct ID's to match the Shuajuto's roster

No sir. My rookies will be compatible with my 2k19.5 roster. Ideally, it’ll hold over those of us who are unlikely to transition to 2k20.

I’m currently working on it in conjunction with the remaining rookies. It will have similar accuracy to the draft class regarding attributes, signatures, and tendencies. It also has the Raptors as the 2018-19 champs. It also includes over 100 tattoo updates I’ve done over the past year plus sean barkley’s shoe updates. Unfortunately, that means it won’t be compatible with Shuajota’s project as I started this before his release. I’ll try to keep it close going forward though for those of you who use that.

Just to be clear, will you have a separate draft class and separate roster or will all players just be in the roster?
IlCapitano

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:32 am

IlCapitano wrote:Just to be clear, will you have a separate draft class and separate roster or will all players just be in the roster?

They will be separate. Those who want to experience the draft class individually can import it into their current MyLeagues.
bluejaybrandon

Postby IlCapitano on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:12 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
IlCapitano wrote:Just to be clear, will you have a separate draft class and separate roster or will all players just be in the roster?

They will be separate. Those who want to experience the draft class individually can import it into their current MyLeagues.

Fantastic. Can't wait (Y)
IlCapitano

Postby IlCapitano on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:59 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:

Also, one more question about the roster...

You say you have Raptors as 2018/19 champs. How did you achieve that and what does it mean for starting a new MyLeague? Will we start from 2019? Will player's ages be moved up? Will they have correct contracts they signed this summer?
IlCapitano

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:24 am

IlCapitano wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

Also, one more question about the roster...

You say you have Raptors as 2018/19 champs. How did you achieve that and what does it mean for starting a new MyLeague? Will we start from 2019? Will player's ages be moved up? Will they have correct contracts they signed this summer?

That is correct. The 2019/20 schedule won’t be correct but the roster will be play now and also include a file to start at the beginning of the 2019/20 season.
bluejaybrandon

Postby locomusic on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:51 am

I'm so freakin' excited for this. I really appreciate all the work you and others are doing, Brandon. I'm sure the wait will be worth it, especially if I end up not moving to 2K20.
locomusic

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding