D43 - Ultimate Classic Team Roster - VERSION 3 RELEASED!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: D43 - Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - VERSION 2 RELEASED!

Postby uzileaux on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:08 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:I had the same problem with offline rosters, so here how i fixed it :
- turn steam online
- launch the game
- create new x rostersx/draft classes
- exit game
- turn steam offline
- replace these new rosters/drafts by your saves or shared saves
- launch the game : loading rosters/drafts should work

Already tried that 4 times lol, I have some old offline roster mod that was made by a Chinese modder, i just noticed his roster has the "Save/Roster Descriptions" file bundled in, i loaded in my game just to test and his works perfectly. Could that be it?
Last edited by uzileaux on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uzileaux

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:10 pm

I dunno, check if this "Save Descriptions" is in Read Only ?
sticky-fingers

Postby uzileaux on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:14 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:I dunno, check if this "Save Descriptions" is in Read Only ?

That's my point, this mod doesn't include the "Save/RosterDescriptions" file

Edit:I give up lol, I've meticulously followed every steps. Just doesn't work
uzileaux

Postby laroche23 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:23 pm

uzileaux wrote:
sticky-fingers wrote:I had the same problem with offline rosters, so here how i fixed it :
- turn steam online
- launch the game
- create new x rostersx/draft classes
- exit game
- turn steam offline
- replace these new rosters/drafts by your saves or shared saves
- launch the game : loading rosters/drafts should work

Already tried that 4 times lol, I have some old offline roster mod that was made by a Chinese modder, i just noticed his roster has the "Save/Roster Descriptions" file bundled in, i loaded in my game just to test and his works perfectly. Could that be it?

the game is takin forever to launch , had anyone this issue ?
laroche23

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:28 pm

uzileaux wrote:
sticky-fingers wrote:I dunno, check if this "Save Descriptions" is in Read Only ?

That's my point, this mod doesn't include the "Save/RosterDescriptions" file

You dont need D43's "Save/RosterDescriptions" file because when you create a new roster, it should update this file.
sticky-fingers

Postby laroche23 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:44 pm

i think it would help if u could provide version 1 .. even tough i ve saved everythin.. i cant seem t get the game to launch at all..it starts then a white window pops up then it stops ..has any one an idea hw to fix this ?
laroche23

Postby Lesat on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:02 pm

Congrats on the release and again thank you for the work you are sharing with us! The mod looks lit!!

However I am not able to load the roster file. No matter what I do it keeps saying the file is currupt, the same as uzileaux already said. I'm wondering if we would need your local RosterDescriptions and SYNC.BIN files to make the game load the roster file correctly.
Lesat

Postby CoachZenBarba on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:29 pm

Dee4Three wrote:MOD PACK AND ROSTER - 5.74 GB

Place the contents of this download in your main NBA 2K17 directory

Could you tell us how exactly where? As you did in the .txt file with the example: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\170514708\385760\remote)

For "the contents" you mean:
Modded
UCTRV2
2K17WAIGUADLL.dll
dinput8.dll

Could u write to us all the passage?

Thanks
CoachZenBarba

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:53 pm

Hi all,

First off, thanks for all the support. Pretty awesome that we still have this many people interested in 2K17.

Second, I sent this roster to three people before releasing the make sure it worked. All three (TGsoGood, Trevor, Sticky-Fingers) were able to get it to work. Trevor and TGsoGood had no issues at all, and Sticky-Fingers already went over what he had to do. I would not have released it if it hadn't worked for all three people.

I have also noticed that it worked for others, but a couple of you it didnt.

For those who cant get it to work, I need to see exactly what you are doing. So, if you could either create a quick video showing me the entire process that you are doing, or show in screenshots, that would be incredibly helpful. I might be able to point out what you are doing wrong. Dont give up on installing it, it's working for others.

LaRoche, that white screen after booting up the game is usually because you have to verify your game cache, and should have absolutely nothing to do with my roster or files. Did you use the .exe I supplied?

Also, are you using a modded sync.bin or have you imported anything using NBA 2K17 explorer? Those are other possible reasons you would get the white screen.

Let me help those who cant get the roster to work, the "I tried everything" statement doesnt help me diagnose the problem.

Thanks!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:58 pm

CoachZenBarba wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:MOD PACK AND ROSTER - 5.74 GB

Place the contents of this download in your main NBA 2K17 directory

Could you tell us how exactly where? As you did in the .txt file with the example: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\170514708\385760\remote)

For "the contents" you mean:
Modded
UCTRV2
2K17WAIGUADLL.dll
dinput8.dll

Could u write to us all the passage?

Thanks

Your main NBA 2K17 directory is the one that has the NBA2K17.exe in it, and all the archives.

All the files in the modpack including the .exe go in that main directory. The roster file goes in that folder path you mentioned. However, you must go into the game first and create a roster, followed by going back to that path you mentioned and overwriting the roster you just created in game, with the roster I included in the mod pack (giving it the same name as the one you created in game, and deleting the one you created in game out of the folder).

Sticky-Fingers said he had to have steam online when creating the initial roster, so you can try that. However, make sure steam is OFFLINE when you put the NBA2K17.exe in the main directory and bootup the game, that way the accessories are 100%. It still looks great otherwise, however.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:14 pm

Finally have the game downloaded overnight. I’ll have to make sure I follow these steps perfectly so I don’t run into the same issues other people are.
Thunder Shaq

Postby laroche23 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:28 pm

LaRoche, that white screen after booting up the game is usually because you have to verify your game cache, and should have absolutely nothing to do with my roster or files. Did you use the .exe I supplied?

Also, are you using a modded sync.bin or have you imported anything using NBA 2K17 explorer? Those are other possible reasons you would get the white screen.

Let me help those who cant get the roster to work, the "I tried everything" statement doesnt help me diagnose the problem.

Thanks![/quote]
i am reinstalling the game with the hope it will work this time, í have a modded sync.bin that i use since almost 6 months .. with no issues at all... same with the nba 2k17 explorer (with the imported stuffs )

* just need some clarification where does goes the exe file? into the modded folder ?
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:04 am

laroche23 wrote:LaRoche, that white screen after booting up the game is usually because you have to verify your game cache, and should have absolutely nothing to do with my roster or files. Did you use the .exe I supplied?

Thanks!

i am reinstalling the game with the hope it will work this time, í have a modded sync.bin that i use since almost 6 months .. with no issues at all... same with the nba 2k17 explorer (with the imported stuffs )

* just need some clarification where does goes the exe file? into the modded folder ?[/quote]

The .exe needs to be placed in your main NBA 2K17 directory, overwriting the one you have in there, so not in the modded folder.

You shouldn't have had to reinstall the game, verifying your game cache would have probably done the trick.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:14 am

ThaNks D43..i will try the roster and let u know..... :)
laroche23

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:08 am

:applaud:
trevorjpt33

Postby Lesat on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:36 am

I've made the video of the mod installation process. I will be very grateful if you could tell me what I've done wrong.

phpBB [video]

I've also tried to create the roster file with original steam nba2k17.exe and then try load the modded roster with both steam and mod .exes but still doesn't work.
Lesat

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:45 am

Lesat wrote:I've made the video of the mod installation process. I will be very grateful if you could tell me what I've done wrong.

phpBB [video]

I've also tried to create the roster file with original steam nba2k17.exe and then try load the modded roster with both steam and mod .exes but still doesn't work.

First off, nice touch with the JR Smith picture at the end, ha.

Second, when you start the game online, the .exe gets overwritten and updated. Try putting the .exe from the mod pack back into the main NBA 2K17 directory after you place the roster offline.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lesat on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:01 am

Dee4Three wrote:First off, nice touch with the JR Smith picture at the end, ha.

Second, when you start the game online, the .exe gets overwritten and updated. Try putting the .exe from the mod pack back into the main NBA 2K17 directory after you place the roster offline.

Thanks! I tried but didn't work too.

Tomorrow I'll try to download the older version of the game (October 12) directly from Steam and I'll say if it would work.
Lesat

Postby bbgeek on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:07 am

@Dee4Three

Downloaded and installed very easily! I like the roster install trick. :-)

Playing the 66-67 SIxers vs the 66-67 Warriors. SOOOO much fun.

:bowdown: :bowdown2:
bbgeek

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:30 am

bbgeek wrote:@Dee4Three

Downloaded and installed very easily! I like the roster install trick. :-)

Playing the 66-67 SIxers vs the 66-67 Warriors. SOOOO much fun.

:bowdown: :bowdown2:

Great! Good to hear!

Did you do anything different installation wise than Lesats video?

Lesat, try placing the contents of my modpack into your main 2K17 directory (includind the plug ins and .exe) and create another roster with Steam OFFLIN, when I say another roster, I mean dont delete the other one you created, do a second one (it will probably be Roster0002). Replace that new roster file with my roster in the mod pack, and launch the game again OFFLINE.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby eddie2003prt on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:46 am

An impressive achievement. Will download and try out tomorrow!
eddie2003prt

Postby bbgeek on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:52 am

In the game, I created a new roster.
Exited the game, and opened the windows folder with the rosters. The newest roster was called roster0024.
Renamed roster0024 to roster0024-del (probably an unnecessary step)
Placed your roster in that folder and renamed it roster0024. Deleted roster0024-del.
Started the game, loaded the roster, and...

AWESOME-NESS! :-)
bbgeek

Postby laroche23 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:22 am

Now it also works for me as well ...was did the trick is that I kept my exe file ..than it just works fine ..Thanks D43!!

The body edit looks impressive...overall it's a masterpiece...what is the file for the background menu ?doesn't seem to appear when I launch the game ..

Other that that everything rocks !!!
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:12 am

bbgeek wrote:In the game, I created a new roster.
Exited the game, and opened the windows folder with the rosters. The newest roster was called roster0024.
Renamed roster0024 to roster0024-del (probably an unnecessary step)
Placed your roster in that folder and renamed it roster0024. Deleted roster0024-del.
Started the game, loaded the roster, and...

AWESOME-NESS! :-)

That's what I thought, and that's how it worked on my brothers PC, he didnt need to go online to create the roster.

Lesat, try doing it all OFFLINE like he mentions, I don't believe Trevor or TGsoGood had to go online either.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:30 am

Dee4Three wrote:That's what I thought, and that's how it worked on my brothers PC, he didnt need to go online to create the roster.

Lesat, try doing it all OFFLINE like he mentions, I don't believe Trevor or TGsoGood had to go online either.

Yeah I did it offline as well
trevorjpt33

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding