RIP Tim Conway

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

RIP Tim Conway

Postby Andrew on Wed May 15, 2019 1:29 pm

His best work came before my time, but it's timeless. The Elephant Story is a classic.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: RIP Tim Conway

Postby tinpanalley on Thu May 16, 2019 11:51 pm

Very rarely has a legend of comedy died with so little recognition. He's someone who simply stopped getting the wide acknowledgement he deserves from generations younger than his. I believe this and other similar stories are down to a massive cultural decline in appreciation of comedy but that's a massive thing I could go on for hours on that I won't bore anyone with here. Suffice it to say, a legend is gone.
tinpanalley

Re: RIP Tim Conway

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:31 pm

It is unfortunate, though he hadn't been active for a few years at the time of his passing, and wasn't working much in the decade before that. Compare that with someone like Betty White who is still active and in the public's conscious. Aside from a recurring role in SpongeBob - which I wasn't aware of since I never watched it - Tim Conway didn't have a lot of major roles in prominent projects. He popped up from time to time as a guest star in big TV shows, but not enough to have that Betty White recognition.

With that being said, I do think you have a point about changing attitudes and trends in comedy, and a lack of appreciation for his style in particular.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Off-Topic