2019 ECF: (1) Milwaukee vs. (2) Toronto

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Who ya got?

Bucks in 4
No votes
Bucks in 5
No votes
Bucks in 6
44%
Bucks in 7
22%
Raps in 4
No votes
Raptors in 5
No votes
Raptors in 6
11%
Raptors in 7
11%
LeBron somehow joins winning team to represent East in the finals
11%

Total votes : 9

Re: 2019 ECF: (1) Milwaukee vs. (2) Toronto

Postby Andrew on Tue May 21, 2019 11:45 am

Definitely ranks up there, especially in recent years.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Tue May 21, 2019 1:31 pm

[Q] wrote:Damn I keep missing these exciting games! Is it just me or has this been the best playoffs in recent history?

It's the freshness of not seeing LeBron bulldoze the East and new teams in the West stepping up like the Nuggets and Blazers.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby air gordon on Thu May 23, 2019 12:16 am

looks like we got a series going now. how loud was that toronto crowd? you could barely hear the broadcast team when giannis airballed that first FT
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 am

shadowgrin wrote:
[Q] wrote:Damn I keep missing these exciting games! Is it just me or has this been the best playoffs in recent history?

It's the freshness of not seeing LeBron bulldoze the East and new teams in the West stepping up like the Nuggets and Blazers.

Lol @ Silver saying no LeBron has hurt the ratings for the east and he wants to move the west games earlier. the west coast games are at a perfect time for us on the west coast so the NBA can take their east coast bias and shove it

BTW, is anyone else annoyed by Drake always walking onto the court and high fiving players as if he's the coach or a teammate??
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu May 23, 2019 2:43 pm

I suppose it's a little unusual, but he's almost like an ambassador for the team at this point (if indeed they haven't officially given him such a role).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Thu May 23, 2019 3:07 pm

Drake annoyance is not fun at all. I could understand him being a huge fan but I dont think his antics are contributing to the team morale.

Kawhi Jordan lets go game 5
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 24, 2019 12:13 am

The Bucks need more out of Giannis. 16 shots in 45 mins in game three and 17 shots in 34 minutes in game 4 isn't going to be enough, unless when he is dishing he is getting his guys good shots.

Giannis only attempting 16 shots in game three is a direct result of him having no reliable game outside of the paint. When the paint is packed and he can't get off quality looks within that 1-8 ft mark, he doesn't have anything really in his bag. If he had the ability to knock down mid or three consistently, or had a post fadeaway or solid post footwork, he would be able to put up another 5-10 shots confidently, and a lot of times thats the difference in the game and momentum. Kawhi has more in his bag, he has a much better offensive repertoire in general. Even when Kawhi isn't attempting a lot of shots, teams have to respect him on all parts of the floor, which opens up opportunities for teammates.

When it really matters and a team needs a bucket, Kawhi can go to his bag of tricks down the stretch and give TOR better looks for himself and his teammates. Giannis doesn't have that convenience. Giannis being the primary ball handler most of the time while driving and dishing is all well and good, until you realize that when he drives and can't get anything at the rim, the shooters are often times covered and have to make a move off the dribble, or they end up taking a contested three.

Giannis is young, and I do believe that he will become a better shooter and just overall be a more well rounded player outside of the paint. he has that competitive drive to lead me believe that. However, it will be a tough task for MIL to win this series unless Giannis is able to assert himself on offense in a more productive way. 9 for 17 in game 4 looks all well and good % wise, but seeing how many more opportunities he could have had offensively had he had more in his offensive bag of tricks tells a completely different story.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Fri May 24, 2019 1:10 am

could be another barn burner if toronto can have that bench production again. big letdown from bucks perimeter shooting last game. as the wise shaq says, role players play better at home

lenard really in full robot mode playing through the leg injury.

all good with drake being a fan but going on the court and such is a bit too much
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri May 24, 2019 1:14 pm

Raptors on the verge of making their first Finals.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 24, 2019 1:14 pm

Raptors deserved this one. And the best player in this series Kawhi Leonard showed why he is exactly that.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat May 25, 2019 12:48 am

Andrew wrote:Raptors on the verge of making their first Finals.

how about that huh. bucks looked they already stamped their tickets to the finals but toronto looks to be in the driver's seat. would love to see the bucks force a game 7
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Sat May 25, 2019 3:21 pm

I like it. No more LeBronto no moah, and Raptors have king of their own, Kawhi the king of the north.

This kind of stuff happens when you are a young team against tested superstar. Like whole bunch of teams had series lead against LeBurnn in the past but fell short becuz of one player's greatness. The Bucks with 2-0 eventually will fall against Kawhi just like another young team 76ers. Kids like Giannis and Embiis will have their time soon, just not when Kawhi's in top form.

Lets go Kawhi Jordan game 6.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Sat May 25, 2019 11:33 pm

idk skip. last game could've went either way. in the end raptors grabbed a few orebs and oscar brogdon dribbled the ball off his leg out of bounds sealing the game
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sun May 26, 2019 6:34 pm

Raptors get the job done. Those final 29 seconds or so were messy, but no shenanigans. Toronto becomes the first Canadian team, and first team founded in the 90s, to make it through to the NBA Finals. As I said in the other topic, I'm picking the Warriors, but I'd love to see the Raptors win it all. Hope it can be a competitive series in any event.

Meanwhile, I don't think Malika Andrews is going to be invited to any parties Giannis Antetokounmpo is hosting:

phpBB [video]

This article appears to be the source of contention: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2681 ... -milwaukee
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun May 26, 2019 7:27 pm

I Hate Mondays wrote:Toronto in 6 let's go boyyyyyz

Huehue.

HE STAY
I Hate Mondays

Postby air gordon on Sun May 26, 2019 9:51 pm

Dare I say the raptors were rather gsw-esque the last few games by letting the bucks take the early lead but then closing it out

Great season for the Bucks but time to go fishing!
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Tue May 28, 2019 10:56 pm

In the playoffs, strengths and weaknesses are magnified, and Giannis got exposed. If he wants to be elite like Kawhi, he MUST do three things;

1) Get a go-to move(or several) - right now, he's a one-trick pony, drive down the middle and dunk. That sh*t works in the regular season and early rounds of the playoffs, but not in the later rounds when defenses are tougher. Toronto was waiting on his ass with their 2-3 zone. Raptors length & athleticism made it tough on The Freak.
2) Like Ben Simmons, Giannis needs a consistent outside 'J' to keep defenses honest.
3) Improve his free throw shooting. It can make you or break you in these tight playoff games.

Playoff failure is part of the process - players, coaches and the front office have get better and come back stronger next season. Took Jordan seven years to get his.
Warriors got this....they're much better on offense than either Toronto or Milwaukee. They remind me of the Patriots because they can hit you in so many ways....you better pay attention on defense, especially in the 3rd quarter. Plus GS wants to prove they can win without Durant.
Jeffx

Postby air gordon on Wed May 29, 2019 12:28 am

GA must come back better but i think you place a lot blame on the rest of the bucks. mainly middleton and bledsoe. middelton was a huge disappointment this series. Bledsoe who recently got that 4yr extension may be a lost cause.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Fri May 31, 2019 8:19 am

air gordon wrote:GA must come back better but i think you place a lot blame on the rest of the bucks. mainly middleton and bledsoe. middelton was a huge disappointment this series. Bledsoe who recently got that 4yr extension may be a lost cause.

How much blame does Budenholzer get?
Jeffx

Postby air gordon on Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 pm

how many fingers you have left
Jump.
air gordon

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball