2019 WCF: (1) Golden State vs. (3) Portland

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Who ya got?

Warriors in 4
8%
Warriors in 5
33%
Warriors in 6
8%
Warriors in 7
No votes
Blazers in 4 (Jennifer is that you?)
No votes
Blazers in 5
No votes
Blazers in 6
8%
Blazers in 7
17%
Kanter starts game 1 despite three gunshot wounds and falling ill with the Bubonic plague
No votes
Kevon Looney reveals he changed his last name to guarantee a spot in Space Jam 2, accidentally misspelled his first name in the process
25%

Total votes : 12

Re: 2019 WCF: (1) Golden State vs. (3) Portland

Postby Murat on Mon May 20, 2019 10:49 pm

shadowgrin wrote:Billy Donovan is a moron and the Nuggets don't exactly play defense yet I'm still surprised that none of those two teams bothered to copy what the Pelicans did in containing Lillard, the Warriors do now and Lillard is stinking it up again.

[ Image ]

Both teams lack guards that could defend Lillard like Holiday-Rondo duo. Golden State Warriors are the only complete team in the league, even with 2 of their 5 stars on injury list.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Tue May 21, 2019 1:46 am

Blazers could be up 2-1 but the warriors are too much to handle for a full 48 minutes. This is all cementing KDs exit from the team this summer as it shows they don't need him
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Tue May 21, 2019 1:18 pm

Well said Badger.

GSW only needed KD because of the threat of LeBron after the Cavs unlocked how to consistently beat that stacked Durantless Warriors team. LeBron isn't a threat anymore now that he's playing for the Knicks of the West.
The Rockets almost did the same thing the Cavs did in unlocking GSW with Durant then the Warriors responded next season by signing Cousins lol.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Tue May 21, 2019 1:46 pm

Blazers let another one slip, and so the brooms are out.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Tue May 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Warriors gonna be the champs again huh break the fucking wheel
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Tue May 21, 2019 9:24 pm

Maybe someone can Buck the trend.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue May 21, 2019 11:01 pm

Back to the finals for the Warriors.

Curry once again showing that he's the best player of the 2010's, and if he grabs his 4th ring, he will also have the most championships of the 2010's. People forget that he only came into the league in 09-10, so he's built up quite the resume in a relatively short period of time.

It will be a tough matchup in the finals, especially if the Bucks make it, as they have shown that they have a deeper team than Toronto.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed May 22, 2019 3:08 am

hardy har there, andrew

it was a great season for Portland. looks like Leonard was worth the investment

the former unanimous MVP, Curry, and Draymond Green were ridiculous
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Thu May 23, 2019 3:04 pm

It was a great season but where can the Blazers go from here? Seems they hit the wall hard again. Should this team wait it out till gsw gets dismantled or should they make changes to their roster?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 23, 2019 11:50 pm

NovU wrote:It was a great season but where can the Blazers go from here? Seems they hit the wall hard again. Should this team wait it out till gsw gets dismantled or should they make changes to their roster?

I believe they will run it back with only minor upgrades. They made the WCF without their key starting center. Who knows what Nurkic will be as a player if/when he returns. More than at Center, I think they need to make upgrades at the Forward spots if possible. Aminu doesn't cut it on a contender, he was useless. Harkless has his moments but doesn't show consistency.

I'd like to see Meyers Leonard get more of a shot, possibly in a Brook Lopez type role. He shot .450% from three on 1.8 attempts this season, and is athletic in the same way Lopez is. His problem is more sliding his feet and his weakness as a rim protector. That should be his focus this summer. I said in a post earlier that I thought the Blazers would use Leonard more at points in the playoffs, and they did. He spreads the floor like Lopez, and is athletic enough to pump fake and make a dive to the basket. In an era where Centers having post moves is almost irrelevant, I think the Blazers should take a more serious look at Leonard (Who is now in his prime), and see if he can give them more quality minutes.

What happened to Kanter in the GS series is the same as what happened to him a few years back in the Houston series (When he was with OKC). His defense became a liability, Leonard was even more effective defensively on the floor. Kanter offers NO rim protection, and laterally he just doesn't have it most of the time. Kanter is a good rebounder/scorer, but he can't seem to play meaningful minutes against teams who constantly run high pick n rolls, or who make him switch onto smaller players a lot. He also has issues with teams who continually attack him at the basket.

If I were Portland. I would try and upgrade at the forward spots, give Leonard a more serious look for more minutes, and run it back. Also, if they could make some upgrades to that bench, it wouldn't hurt either. A couple solid veteran presences wouldn't hurt, every contender needs those IMO.

And to note: Look at almost all the championship teams of the last decade. Teams winning titles with Bogut, Zaza, Tristian Thompson, Mozgov, Mcgee, Joel Anthony, etc at center. It's a different league, with very few QUALITY centers. POR IMO should focus on upgrading those forward spots.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Fri May 24, 2019 1:21 am

NovU wrote:It was a great season but where can the Blazers go from here? Seems they hit the wall hard again. Should this team wait it out till gsw gets dismantled or should they make changes to their roster?

good question. looks like lillard is going to be a blazer for life. lillard and mccolum are approaching their 30's so may as well keep it going. they need to upgrade at sf & pf. maybe sell high on leonard. the turner deathride is almost over lol
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Fri May 24, 2019 12:37 pm

Aminu was non existent vs Golden State. Portland got away with starting him in previous rounds but it was obvious he couldn't keep up
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat May 25, 2019 12:57 am

are aminu and luc richard mboute mboute the same person?
Jump.
air gordon

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball