Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:52 pm

I think the Bulls can make this work, Porter is basically Parker who plays defence so I like the pairing of him and Zach with Lauri and Dunn
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Moz on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:24 am

I might be in the minority but I reckon its a good trade for the Bulls. Parker was obviously a bad fit and Portis will probably ask for a lump sum of money in the off-season. You can tell me that they may get some more for Parker but he has 2 ACL surgeries on his belt, plus that contract of him... Portis has been injury-riddled as well this year. I like Porter's versatility and by adding that Luwallu whatever guy we might see some defense now on the team. Let see who's next since the reports are telling that the only untouchables are the Finnish guy and WCJ.
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby air gordon on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:18 am

i agree. this management has made it so easy to rail them on any move they make but this trade was good.

kudos to them for getting value for players on their way out. $56mil is a big lump sum but that's just for 2 more years

bulls finally fill their need for a 3-D type player on the wing. now if they can find a PG with the same skillset and a competent nba coach....
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:10 am

https://omny.fm/shows/670-the-score/pla ... ed01829267

this is a great interview of Pax. i respect his candor and acknowledgement of where the bulls are at. those were some tough questions he took and even came back at the interviewers. good stuff
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:59 pm

They showed the 76ers game here today. I was expecting the worst, especially when Markkanen got into foul trouble two minutes into the game, but it was a great one to watch. Great heart and hustle, I loved this play in particular:

phpBB [video]

And then the game-winning play:

phpBB [video]

Great to see that kind of effort in a throwaway season. They even won the game twice; it would've been heartbreaking if the 76ers got the win on the do-over.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:08 am

pretty nuts how the porter acquisition has made things come together. finally seeing the core players meshing together is the saving grace for what was before unwatchable hot garbage. sadly, it looks like Dunn is not the starting PG for this bulls team
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:53 am

Jonny Flynn was my worst case scenario for Dunn, and we're probably closer to that than anything else right now. Porter's still way overpaid and I don't think it's ever not going to feel that way at his current salary, but I'm liking what he's bringing to the table and he actually seems to be trying to live up his contract (unlike, say, Parker). In other words, it's a terrible contract, but it was definitely a good trade regardless.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:58 am

Damn, Scott and JB must've thought Lopez was Jordan or something. :lol:
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:05 am

It really was a puzzling defensive lapse. Good result for the Bulls though, so no complaints.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:55 am

Yeah, considering Robin is one of the few remaining players in the league to not shoot threes. :lol:
[Hyperize]

Postby air gordon on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:38 am

Andrew wrote:Jonny Flynn was my worst case scenario for Dunn, and we're probably closer to that than anything else right now. Porter's still way overpaid and I don't think it's ever not going to feel that way at his current salary, but I'm liking what he's bringing to the table and he actually seems to be trying to live up his contract (unlike, say, Parker). In other words, it's a terrible contract, but it was definitely a good trade regardless.

shame for dunn. took a step back this year on offense. maybe can bounce back next year but starting PG should be a priority next season. late game situations with archi out there, the lineup is more balanced for sure.

bulls overpaying. seems like this is the only way the bulls can acquire talent if it's not the through the draft. lavine is ok but he was one last "marquee" names to sign and used Sacto to get a contract out of the bulls. Jabari has "talent" but that came with a hefty price tag.

let's be honest here- what marquee player in his prime and is healthy would come to the bulls? i can't remember the last player. maybe boozer but that guy was a clown
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:38 pm

That is their problem, they just can't get any big names via free agency. Boozer probably comes the closest, and I thought he had at least one, probably two good years for them, but when you consider the players they've pursued and missed out on, there's definitely been more disappointment than anything else.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:11 am

if the best players don't want to come here because of GarPax, fire them. there is no point in expecting this team to return to relevancy while they are handicapped by those 2.

you hear an awful of bad comments from ex bulls players
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:25 am

That's pretty much what it comes down to. As long as the front office and organisation as a whole has that reputation and a dysfunctional culture, they'll have to settle for the pseudo superstars and ageing stars; the kind of players who will overlook that mess in order to accept a huge payday they can't get elsewhere. Not to harp on ancient history, but that's how the team ended up with Ben Wallace all those years ago, and the cycle seems doomed to repeat itself with players in a similar situation as Big Ben.

But, it just doesn't seem likely that GarPax will be ousted. Like the Knicks, the Bulls are too valuable, they make too much money even when they're losing. What's going to push ownership to make that move? Probably nothing short of a scandal, and Paxson already choked Del Negro back in the day.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:49 am

i for sure haven't paid to see a bulls game in a few years now. its really sad. the bulls are in one of the biggest markets, great city (minus neighborhoods like drose's), and great fans.

i don't even like the cubs but the city and it's people came alive when they won the world series.

that interview i posted a few weeks back, you could almost feel Pax crumbing under the pressure. he certainly is aware of the growing amount of fans that want him gone.

how bizarre is it that fans paid to put up an anti garpax billboard and i heard there's supposed to be some kind of fan protest this month.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:59 pm

air gordon wrote:pretty nuts how the porter acquisition has made things come together. finally seeing the core players meshing together is the saving grace for what was before unwatchable hot garbage.

I reckon it's because they got a legit floor spacer in the wing now with Porter. Teams have figured Lavine out already and his struggles earlier was due to that his driving lane is congested so now that they have Porter (and a healthy Lauri), the opponents defense is more stretched out.

Are you on board on keeping Boylen or at least try it out for another year as their head coach? It seems that players are not aloof to him anymore (Lavine even volunteered to pay his fine for that tech against the Clippers).
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby air gordon on Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:49 am

yes. holiday at SF wasn't cutting it lol

i dont care either way w/boylen. dont think he's the long term solution. if bulls stay cheap and keep him to pay out his contract, fine. just run a modern nba offense instead of the muck boylen tried his 1st few weeks. and play Carter Jr next year when he's healthy

not in the know of the up and coming coach prospects. any suggestions?
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:26 am

boylen got an extension :o

i think it was d mayberry that pointed out not since Thibs was hired have the bulls done an 'extensive' search for a coach.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:28 am

Much like everything else at the moment, all we can do is hope for the best. I mean, even Gregg Popovich had a rocky start, right? :?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu May 16, 2019 12:57 am

guess i'll grave dig this one. bulls get the 7th pick. no clue about any prospect not named zion or deandre hunter.

draft a PG or trade the pick to land a PG, Pax
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu May 16, 2019 2:13 am

Ditto.

They won't have much cap room to work with, so looking at the point guards who will be unrestricted free agents, the most affordable is probably...Derrick Rose, funnily enough. I wouldn't hate that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu May 16, 2019 7:47 am

All in for a veteran stop gap who doesn't demand shots and can defend like pat Beverley. Or even Darren collison
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am

Also viable, though in the current market they might be slightly out of the Bulls' price range.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri May 17, 2019 4:36 am

how much cap do they have? thought it was close to $20 million? surely neither of those guys will get that offered
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri May 17, 2019 10:52 am

Sounds about right actually, just checked and the cap is around $109 million next season. They've got 11 players under contract through 2020; 12 if they exercise their option on Shaquille Harrison.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball