trevorjpt33's Mods ~ Auto-shrinkwrap Tool | 3D Accessory Tool | Ninja Headband |

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: trevorjpt33's modding tools for 2K19

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Getting close to releasing the 3D Accessory Tool as I have found out more about the "ninja headbands":

The new durag accessory from MyCareer/MyPark can sub in for a traditional headband. With a few alterations to the durag, the desired ninja headband look can be achieved. It can be added to a player via the tool the same way it does goggles, masks, etc. I would just need to include the files of the modified durag along with the tool.

*The textures of the accessory do not look super clean yet because I am figuring out a way to apply the durag's own texture files instead of using the traditional headband's textures on the durag, which is what I am doing now.
trevorjpt33

Postby Marvin00 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:26 pm

looking fantastic bro, great effort :D
Marvin00

Postby Aston on Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:36 pm

Wow, amazing work!
Aston
Culture.

Postby Marvin00 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 pm

I would like to ask, can your tools helps with moving different body parts from one player to another, like hair or beard, of even body definition or legs between two similar createdbodies for same player, for example

I found this giannis on eyeuc, with accurate lower body for Giannis, thinner legs and all, but the upper part is not off, can i move these to legs to a different Giannis body.png? same goes to hair and all
Marvin00

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:27 pm

Marvin00 wrote:I would like to ask, can your tools helps with moving different body parts from one player to another, like hair or beard, of even body definition or legs between two similar createdbodies for same player, for example

I found this giannis on eyeuc, with accurate lower body for Giannis, thinner legs and all, but the upper part is not off, can i move these to legs to a different Giannis body.png? same goes to hair and all

If shrinkwrapping works the same as it did in 2K17, this 100% could be done. I have a video tutorial in that section showing how.

When shrink wrapping in blender, you can select just the legs of another player, or just the upper body, and shrinkwrap it over the player you want.

I haven't tried it in Blender for 2K19, but I'm assuming it's possible. You would have to open the body model you want in blender first, followed by the player you want the body for.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:43 pm

Amazing work Trevor, this tool will be great (Y)
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Marvin00 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 am

Dee4Three wrote:
Marvin00 wrote:I would like to ask, can your tools helps with moving different body parts from one player to another, like hair or beard, of even body definition or legs between two similar createdbodies for same player, for example

If shrinkwrapping works the same as it did in 2K17, this 100% could be done. I have a video tutorial in that section showing how.

When shrink wrapping in blender, you can select just the legs of another player, or just the upper body, and shrinkwrap it over the player you want.

I haven't tried it in Blender for 2K19, but I'm assuming it's possible. You would have to open the body model you want in blender first, followed by the player you want the body for.

Thank you for this info, very helpful, think i need to start to learn blender first :D
Marvin00

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:05 pm

No problem guys. I appreciate it.

Been trying to add durag textures to a player's png.iff but with the filenames of headband textures to replace them for just that player. Since it seems unlikely that the durag would have a global texture being such a new addition - no luck. Maybe could overwrite some unused global accessory. I want to leave the global texture for the traditional headband alone obviously since the goal is to be able to use either type of headband.
trevorjpt33

Postby MamimoMikuto on Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:05 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:No problem guys. I appreciate it.

Been trying to add durag textures to a player's png.iff but with the filenames of headband textures to replace them for just that player. Since it seems unlikely that the durag would have a global texture being such a new addition - no luck. Maybe could overwrite some unused global accessory. I want to leave the global texture for the traditional headband alone obviously since the goal is to be able to use either type of headband.

Good luck bro! Can you make a short armsleeve after your ninja headband project? an armsleeve just like how Kyrie wear his sleeve.
MamimoMikuto

Postby Dracula on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:24 pm

It's exciting. You did a good job.
They call me Dracula...
Dracula

Postby trevorjpt33 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:29 am

MamimoMikuto wrote:Good luck bro! Can you make a short armsleeve after your ninja headband project? an armsleeve just like how Kyrie wear his sleeve.

Yeah sure I can give it a look.
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:Since it seems unlikely that the durag would have a global texture being such a new addition - no luck. Maybe could overwrite some unused global accessory. I want to leave the global texture for the traditional headband alone obviously since the goal is to be able to use either type of headband.

Can confirm - this works. Global textures of unused MyCareer/MyPark accessory can be replaced with newly added accessory from the SYNC.bin (i.e. the durag).

Here's a look at the original durag, now with the appropriate textures, applied to LBJ in blacktop.
*Credit: mrk326's lbj mod
trevorjpt33

Postby Kelvinchan327 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Amazing brother!:)
Kelvinchan327

Postby Kelvinchan327 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Amazing brother!:)
Kelvinchan327

Postby maumau78 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:47 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:Since it seems unlikely that the durag would have a global texture being such a new addition - no luck. Maybe could overwrite some unused global accessory. I want to leave the global texture for the traditional headband alone obviously since the goal is to be able to use either type of headband.

Can confirm - this works. Global textures of unused MyCareer/MyPark accessory can be replaced with newly added accessory from the SYNC.bin (i.e. the durag).

Here's a look at the original durag, now with the appropriate textures, applied to LBJ in blacktop.
*Credit: mrk326's lbj mod
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Great work can you share link to this LBJ CF's by mrk326?

Thanks in advance....
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Kelvinchan327 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:26 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:Hey guys,

3D Accessory Tool release is briefly on hold right now as I look into adding support for the non-traditional headbands I mentioned a few posts back. I'm trying to find the files and add support for them.

Once that is released, though, I will be shifting my focus to providing tools for other areas of modding. Since essentially everything I have put out so far has been catered to cyberface editing.

To start, I had someone ask me a while back about a tool that allows you to edit vertex colors in Blender and export that data for stadium lighting purposes. Is there any interest and/or need for a tool like this? **Edit: Ok so no interest in that idea. If any non-cyberface modders have any ideas I am open to suggestions

Brother, i know maybe i am off topic

but i just think, are you possible to create a modding tool for edit roster such as team name, player name, add team etc, i knoe CE can do that all but CE is not really user friendly for most of the people i think, and the second idea is , is there any way to add the extra face ID to the game, i know i properly of topic ...i am sorry for that :bowdown2:
Kelvinchan327

Postby Aston on Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:59 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:Getting close to releasing the 3D Accessory Tool as I have found out more about the "ninja headbands":

The new durag accessory from MyCareer/MyPark can sub in for a traditional headband. With a few alterations to the durag, the desired ninja headband look can be achieved. It can be added to a player via the tool the same way it does goggles, masks, etc. I would just need to include the files of the modified durag along with the tool.

*The textures of the accessory do not look super clean yet because I am figuring out a way to apply the durag's own texture files instead of using the traditional headband's textures on the durag, which is what I am doing now.
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Oh my G, i need it :(
Aston
Culture.

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:07 am

maumau78 wrote:Great work can you share link to this LBJ CF's by mrk326?

Thanks in advance....

viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106125&hilit=mrk326&start=125

Kelvinchan327 wrote:Brother, i know maybe i am off topic

but i just think, are you possible to create a modding tool for edit roster such as team name, player name, add team etc, i knoe CE can do that all but CE is not really user friendly for most of the people i think, and the second idea is , is there any way to add the extra face ID to the game, i know i properly of topic ...i am sorry for that :bowdown2:

The work I have done so far is a lot smaller in scope, meaning with individual files, so right now that would probably would not be a realistic thing for me to start working on. As I gain more and more programming experience with these smaller projects, I hope to be equipped for larger/broader projects in the future.

In regards to CE, I understand that it can be frustrating at first. There's no real substitute for taking the time to learn the basics of CE and having a little patience with it, as there's not a single video tutorial or explanation that can just teach you everything you need to know. But it is worth it if you really are interested in altering that stuff. Ksmiz has been doing incredible work and has made a lot of discoveries within CE that allow you do exactly those things + more.

As far as I know, new face ID's can't be added to the game and that's been the case since 2K14. However, there are tons of existing face ID slots containing stuff you likely don't care about or don't use. Whether it be celebrities, characters from MyCareer or generic faces.
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:20 am

This project is still on the way I just have not had any time to work on it these last couple of weeks
trevorjpt33

Postby fritodelay on Wed May 01, 2019 4:46 pm

JollyLobster wrote:I just tried to run this a few times and get this each time.
"
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "tkinter\__init__.py", line 1705, in __call__
File "autowrap.py", line 83, in <lambda>
File "autowrap.py", line 62, in call_buttons
File "autowrap.py", line 43, in overwrite_vert_pos
File "autowrap.py", line 17, in find_vert_pos
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'start'
"

You'll get this error when you try and do this with a PNG file, doing it with a .model file fixes it.
fritodelay

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sun May 12, 2019 6:49 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:This project is still on the way I just have not had any time to work on it these last couple of weeks

This is still the case, I have not had any free time for a while but here soon I will have some to do the following:

1) Finally get the 3D Accessory Tool released
-I believe I have worked out all the details to use the ninja headband like any other accessory (that changes colors in Edit Player screen)

2) Release an updated Auto Shrinkwrap Tool with multiple updates
-No longer the need to rename the files at all
-Capability to apply the shrinkwrapping to several players simultaneously
-Program will remain open after use to continue with more operations until you want to exit (right now it shuts down after each single use)
trevorjpt33

Postby RKJ2k on Sun May 12, 2019 8:27 am

nice i cant run the first version... hope i can run this update.
RKJ2k

Postby maumau78 on Mon May 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi Trevor I have a question:

for some players If I change those values in appearance_info.RDAT body will change too (they usually refer to accessory size):

Code: Select all
"forearmTHIN": 0,
   "forearmTHICK": 0.081000006,
   "upperarmTHIN": 0.0,
   "upperarmTHICK": 0.0,
   "trapTHIN": 0.021000028,
   "trapTHICK": 0,
   "neckTHIN": 0,
   "neckTHICK": 0,
   "chestTHIN": 0,
   "chestTHICK": 0.046999998,
   "absTHIN": 0.0,
   "absTHICK": 0.5,
   "headTHIN": 0,
   "headTHICK": 0,
   "shoulderTHIN": 0.0,
   "shoulderTHICK": 0.758000028,
   "hipsTHIN": 0.0,
   "hipsTHICK": 2.2,
   "thighTHIN": 0,
   "thighTHICK": 0.824000013,
   "calfTHIN": 2,
   "calfTHICK": 0

While for other players It just change the accessory size and you have to fit the 3d body using Blender....any idea about why some player model are binded and some not?

Becouse It's really useful to have them binded....

Thanks in advance
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby trevorjpt33 on Mon May 13, 2019 5:52 pm

maumau78 wrote:Hi Trevor I have a question:

for some players If I change those values in appearance_info.RDAT body will change too (they usually refer to accessory size):

While for other players It just change the accessory size and you have to fit the 3d body using Blender....any idea about why some player model are binded and some not?

Thanks in advance

I would imagine it has to do with the "Morph" values in the scene file - and the second half of the model file that contains all that data.
trevorjpt33

Postby maumau78 on Mon May 13, 2019 6:20 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:
maumau78 wrote:Hi Trevor I have a question:

Thanks in advance

I would imagine it has to do with the "Morph" values in the scene file - and the second half of the model file that contains all that data.

Thanks...using your Tool can I keep the body and just put another face right? Does this mean I keep a body with adjustable size and just replace the head?
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding