2019 Playoffs: (1) Milwaukee vs. (4) Boston

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Who ya got?

Bucks in 4
13%
Bucks in 5
13%
Bucks in 6
No votes
Bucks in 7
25%
Celtics in 4
No votes
Celtics in 5
No votes
Celtics in 6
13%
Celtics in 7
25%
Mike Budenholzer gains 100 pounds, earns nickname "Mike Buddhaholzer"
No votes
Irving leaves Celtics, defends decision by citing 77,165,872 alternate timelines where he stayed
13%

Total votes : 8

Re: 2019 Playoffs: (1) Milwaukee vs. (4) Boston

Postby air gordon on Thu May 09, 2019 1:13 pm

NovU wrote:This is the truth, shit team is out. Its over.

Gianni a real deal already? I think next round against Kawhi will tell a lot about it.

Well he did dominate a stout defense filled with athletic players who can double team and also close out on 3pt shooters

Disappointed with this series. Bucks do look tough with George Hill in the time machine and now Oscar brogdon back
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Kyrie was 25 for 83 over the last 4 games. Terrible shot selection, bailing out the defense with contested outside shots, hardly ever attacking the rim. He never really put any pressure on the defense.

People called me crazy when I said I would take a healthy IT over Irving. I hope they get it now. It constantly out pressure on the defense, didn't over dribble, and was a leader by example on the floor. I go to war with IT, I get frustrated with Kyrie.

Kyries shitty attitude didn't do him any favors. Either.

Tatum was the opposite of what he was in last years postseason. Last year, he constantly was driving to the hoop, gliding past defenders for easy buckets. He was also moving A LOT more off the ball. This year, even when Ilyasova was the only rim protector, he would routinely pull up for an outside shot, never attack, or just stand in the corner doing nothing.

Horford looked useless, and part of that is because even when a switch happened where Bledsoe was on him down low, he wouldn't get or demand the ball. And, instead of being the dominant screen setter that he was last postseason, he was stagnant a lot of the times on the offensive end, he honestly looked old.

Chucking threes and contested outside shots bails out the defense. Celtics bailed the Bucks out and made it easy for them.

Giannis got favored in game 3 by the refs (22 ft attempts, 16 halfway through the 3rd) but outside of that he and the Bucks deserved this series BIG TIME. At least he was being aggressive, whether I agree with the calls or not, the fact that he put pressure on the Cs defense constantly is the reason he got the calls to begin with. George Hill outplayed Irving this series, and the rest of the supporting cast did their jobs.

Not a fan of Bledsoe, but I dont hate this Bucks team. Let's see what they do with Philly or Toronto. Wouldn't be surprised to see Giannis and the Bucks in the finals.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Thu May 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Saw this post on reddit:

Kyrie said he wouldn't shoot 8/22 (36.4%) from the field again after his Game 3 performance. He proceeded to shoot 7/22 (31.8%) from the field in Game 4. When asked about his performance he said, "Who cares?" Kyrie followed this up with a 6/22 (28.6%) shooting night in an elimination game.

NBA writers writing a comedy at this point.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Thu May 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Kyrie is a basketball genius. Just ask Kyrie!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Andrew wrote:Kyrie is a basketball genius. Just ask Kyrie!

25 for 83 = Basketball genius

That's the word on the street, anyway.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu May 09, 2019 2:00 pm

Tatum, Brown, Hayward not living up to their "star" billing? Was last year a one-hit wonder?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 09, 2019 2:04 pm

[Q] wrote:Tatum, Brown, Hayward not living up to their "star" billing? Was last year a one-hit wonder?

Completely different dynamic this year. Brown when given the opportunity for the second half of the season was doing great, Hayward never showed consistency.

Tatum went back to his early rookie year style of standing in the corner, not attacking (playing passive), etc. Part of that is ball watching, part of that is coaching, and part of that is being a 20 year old kid.

I'd like to hang onto Tatum and Brown.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu May 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Sometimes the next step comes straight away, other times it comes after a couple of years. Some teams don't take the next step at all, and end up looking like a flash in the pan. We've seen plenty of examples of all three, and time will tell which category the Celtics fall into.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu May 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri May 10, 2019 1:15 am

I saw on TNT they made a good point how Boston did really well at the end of last year and they had to add two all stars back into the mix. Guys who were featured now all of a sudden have to take a backseat. That creates a culture where guys then start playing selfishly trying to earn themselves more time or a contract
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri May 10, 2019 12:08 pm

A fair point. Even going back to the regular season when Kyrie was healthy, Hayward's unfortunate and gruesome injury opened up opportunities for other players. Making the best of a bad situation probably saw them overachieve a little as well, as they banded together.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat May 11, 2019 12:01 am

so what now for boston? rozier, morris FA. irving and horford can opt out.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Sat May 11, 2019 12:36 am

I bet Rozier is gone, especially if Kyrie comes back. He was one of those pissed off young guys this year that was mad he wasn't playing more
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 11, 2019 12:59 am

This isn't what I think they will do, it's what I want them to do. So this is my preference.

It's a huge turn-off for me when a player has a terrible attitude, talks about themselves more than the team, and displays the terrible body language and selfish play on the floor. Especially when that player is supposed to be the leader of the team. Other players don't get a pass, but it's worse when its the player who dominates the ball the most.

I'd like to move on from Kyrie, and I am not interested in Anthony Davis. Davis giving up on his team less than halfway through last season, even stating in an interview that he had given the organization everything he could (Disregarding the fact that they still had a second half of the season to play), and just the way he conducted himself this year on and off the floor, I just wouldn't be able to cheer for him. AND, if we ended up with Kyrie AND Davis, that's two guys that I could just not get behind.

For me, I want to see us hang onto Brown and Tatum and watch them grow. And, I'd like to see what Gordon Hayward can do with another summer under his belt. Yes, he was terrible against MIL, but I believe that also had to do with how he was used, and the fact that he was still hesitant. Paul George coming back the way he did still gives me hope that Hayward can come back and be an all-star type player. And I like his attitude and demeanor, how he always talks about team.

I'd like to see Horford as a backup possibly, this might sound crazy, but many bigs around this stage have minutes limited or go to a bench role. While Horford is good at times, he also has so many games where he looks slow and is barely getting off the ground. Am I opposed to us hanging on to him and even keeping him as a starter? No, he says all the right things and does have some stand out games. I'm just not 100% convinced that he is the answer at Center if we want to go deep into the playoffs.

I like Vucevic and Kemba Walker, would love to see Kemba in green. Problem is, he just turned 29 a couple days ago. He may have 2 or 3 really good years left before he starts declining. Vucevic is also no spring chicken, and I would have trouble justifying paying him big money unless I knew that the other pieces around him were solid and we were making a run RIGHT NOW. The PG situation on our team is interesting, because I want a PG but not one that dominates the ball and creates ball watching. I want one that will have Brown and Tatum playing more aggressively, getting them more involved. At this point just give me John Stockton at 50+ years old, I bet he could still get them going lol

Obviously an ideal situation would be to get Durant in the offseason, let Kyrie and Rozier Walk, get a couple PGs that are solid but not ball dominant, and possible upgrade at center. Would Durant consider Boston? maybe, especially if Kyrie walks. I say that because he doesn't want to go to a stacked team this time around, he wants to be the clear alpha and bring a team a title. Boston would be a great place for that, with several solid young pieces surrounding him. I love Durants game and agree with most of his views on basketball, so for me I could cheer for the guy. His move to GS was kind of a BS move (We all know that), but I feel like he has proven ON THE COURT that he is a champion level player, and that he has all the tools to get the job done.

Not a lot of Celtics fans on here, but I'd be curious (if any) what your takes are on the current situation. I know that Ainge loves Rozier, if Kyrie walks I wouldn't be surprised if he makes Rozier the starter. But who knows.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sat May 11, 2019 12:04 pm

Kyrie is still a stellar guard, problem was there are other Celtics that can thrive in what he does and what they can do is not as good but capable, so the Celtics were practically paying a lot of money for duplicated asset.

Kyrie alone isnt enough to overcome the hump. Remember you need 2+ superstars. Hayward was supposed to be 1 of those 2 but has never come around and likely will not alongside Kyrie. Kyrie at his best can be somewhat of a second tier superstar so the Celtics need to get him a upgrade second fiddle player.

I am gonna say, everyone is expendable outside of Kyrie and Tatum if Kyrie is to stay, otherwise explode and start rebuilding, or get AD/KD likes and go from there.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Sat May 11, 2019 12:52 pm

Dee4Three wrote:For me, I want to see us hang onto Brown and Tatum and watch them grow. And, I'd like to see what Gordon Hayward can do with another summer under his belt. Yes, he was terrible against MIL, but I believe that also had to do with how he was used, and the fact that he was still hesitant. Paul George coming back the way he did still gives me hope that Hayward can come back and be an all-star type player. And I like his attitude and demeanor, how he always talks about team.

It might not be a bad idea to take a step back to the pre-Kyrie Irving plan. It was something they had to go for at the time, of course, but moving on from him wouldn't be the worst outcome. Walker would be a great pickup, if he's done in Charlotte.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat May 11, 2019 9:39 pm

So if moving on from him, so sign and trade Irving?

Seems like they need some version of a giannis stopper. Looks like horford was somewhat saved for the playoffs but it's asking a lot to expect him to fill the same role moving forward
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sun May 12, 2019 1:07 pm

Seems like there's a good chance Irving just walks. He doesn't need a sign and trade to get a big payday, or land in the places he's supposedly interested in.

If you want a really bold prediction, you can turn to NBA 2K19. In the second year of my MyCAREER game, he's ended up with the Hawks alongside Trae Young. Pat Beverley also signed there, giving them a pretty ridiculous rotation at guard. Somehow, I don't think that one will come to pass. Staying in Boston or going to New York would be my pick.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue May 14, 2019 12:58 am

not really following boston's cap situation. its better to let irving just walk vs trying to at least get a trade exception for him?
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Tue May 14, 2019 12:06 pm

I would say, the problem is not really Irving but Hayward and his contract that nobody wants.

Its funny how media and so many of those sports journalists including Bill Simmons hyped this team up and regarded them as top dog to come out of East after shitshowdown against LBJ last year. Teamwork at its worst and shitty brand of basketball, that sums up the Celtics this season, lol
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Wed May 15, 2019 1:12 am

and now bill simmons has volunteered to bring Irving to the airport :lol:
Jump.
air gordon

Postby shadowgrin on Sat May 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Even with Hayward playing again, a healthy Kyrie in the playoffs, and their young core of players more experienced with last year's playoff run the Celtics still did worse this season.

NovU was right last season, the Celtics are overrated. NovU being right, fucking disgusting.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Sun May 19, 2019 6:00 pm

You know its good times when you feel like a prophet for being just who you are, a natural Celtics hater.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Sun May 19, 2019 10:27 pm

You prick lol
Where does Stevens fall in the pecking order of blame?
Jump.
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Mon May 20, 2019 5:18 am

NovU wrote:You know its good times when you feel like a prophet for being just who you are, a natural Celtics hater.

I feel like the emperor from Star wars with the hate for Boston flowing through me lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball